Don't forget your #%&^!@ clocks.

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Re: Don't forget your #%&^!@ clocks.

Postby KennEnder » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:46 am

We get an extra hour tonight, right?
If you're in the northern hemisphere, yup!
not just "northern hemisphere" but "north america" ... the rest of the "world" has different days they choose to move clocks (gasp). Like Europe, which adjusted them LAST weekend. Clock adjustment coordination is just not something our politicians play nicely at, apparently.
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:29 am

That's not surprising. Most of Indiana is in the wrong time zone (at least geographically) and apparently they like it that way. Idiots.
The enemy's fly is down.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:45 pm

My cellphone didn't update its time automatically, and freaked me out this morning.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:53 am

My body doesn't understand this concept. I've been up at the same time as usual, which really means, an hour earlier than I need to be. Because no matter what the clock says, it still feels like the same time it did before and I kind of hate that due to this change, it is dark outside at 4:30PM. Not subtly dark, the sun is just going down, but severely dark, as in, if there were no streetlights or moonlight, it would be pitch black. That is madness, seeing as during the summer I would be helping check the library for closing at 20 'til 9 and it was still light out, which is preferable.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:22 am

I woke up this morning at 10, looked at my phone and realized it's actually 11, then changed my clocks.
The enemy's fly is down.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:18 am

DST always makes me feel better about things and stirrs up spring type feelings and such.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Of course, the day we lose an hour is the first Sunday I have to work in months. And I have to be in early to do surgeries. It sucked.
-Kim

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re:

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 pm

The clocks at my school are all controlled by some kind of master system and whoever is in charge of it put the clocks back a week prematurely. Naturally, they'll probably just wait out the week rather than fix it and then fall back again. :roll:
last year they changed the clocks during the school day and everyone just stopped working and watched the minute hand speed around the clock. I was in choir and we were all pointing while we were singing. My teacher was really confused since she had her back to the clock. When she finally turned around it had just stopped. We were all laughing so hard it took 5min to start up again. :P
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Re: Re:

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:41 am

The clocks at my school are all controlled by some kind of master system and whoever is in charge of it put the clocks back a week prematurely. Naturally, they'll probably just wait out the week rather than fix it and then fall back again. :roll:
last year they changed the clocks during the school day and everyone just stopped working and watched the minute hand speed around the clock. I was in choir and we were all pointing while we were singing. My teacher was really confused since she had her back to the clock. When she finally turned around it had just stopped. We were all laughing so hard it took 5min to start up again. :P
I was kind of hoping the story would end with you saying you all started singing really fast to try to keep up with the clock. I don't know why I find the idea of that hilarious.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:28 pm

haha new ideas for next year :D
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 am

When you have a newborn baby, losing the hour doesn't make hardly a difference at all.

I do hate when it's light in the evening, though. I can't put my kids to bed as early. :cry:
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Return to “Milagre Town Square”