New and Exciting Things about this New and Exciting Board

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
TechChris
Techie
Techie

Re: New and Exciting Things about this New and Exciting Boar

Postby TechChris » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 am

As we continue to add little bits and pieces to the site that require altering the forum styles to implement, perhaps five options is too many. The usage breaks down thusly:

prosilver: 1 users
prosilver Special Edition: 2 users
Lucid Lime: 6 users
subsilver2: 7 users
fisubice2: Everyone else

My suggestion is that we ax prosilver support.

Alterations to subsilver are very similar to alterations to fisubice, so there's not much harm in keeping both.

Lucid Lime is not going anywhere. I will not go back to dark-on-light Pweb browsing.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Re: New and Exciting Things about this New and Exciting Boar

Postby Dr. Mobius » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Actually, at least for the sidebars Subsilver was a pain in the ass. I ended up rewriting that section of code to be more like Fi Subice just so I could get it to do what I needed.

Just rememer whatever we decide to only disable the ones we're not using and don't delete anything. Prosilver and Subsilver are the two primary full styles and most others are only partials that inherit the necessary files from one or the other of those two to complete the package. Fi Subice needs Subsilver to function and Lucid Lime needs Prosilver. It's kind of like Jurassic Park where they used the frog DNA to fill in the gaps except you don't have to worry about your forums breeding on their own or eating people.
The enemy's fly is down.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”