Everything That Is Not Allergies And Sinuses But Still TMI

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Everything That Is Not Allergies And Sinuses But Still TMI

Postby Petrie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:49 pm

My puppy just threw up on my bedroom floor and proceeded to eat it (again). I only knew this happened because he sounded like he was possessed as he was warning my dog she better not get too close and I finally got curious enough to see what was happening.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:42 am

My dog did that in her crate a couple nights ago. I got most of it away from her. My cat also barfed all over my bedroom yesterday (he's been in bathroom timeout and is going to the vet this afternoon.)
-Kim

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Whenever one of my cats throws up the dog always seems to get there before I do... It's like some sort of treat she must have.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:59 pm

This thread is gross, but in a good way. The only puke/poop I deal with is human. I am tired of changing dirty diapers, but I also am lazy about potty training. But seriously, toddler poop is gross.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:30 pm

I have had to change the poopy diaper of a four year old (my half brother with Asperger's). Now *that* was bad.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:58 pm

I regularly change the diapers/attends of full-grown adults. I have done so post-enema. I'm actually looking forward to child-poop.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:13 pm

I have had to change the poopy diaper of a four year old (my half brother with Asperger's). Now *that* was bad.
Oh, I can top that.

The kiddo I worked with in undergrad (age 4-6) never got entirely potty trained. But not in diapers, either. We'd switch from pull-ups to big girl panties on occasion.

On top of that, her parents were trying all sorts of dietary treatments/ "cures" and so the color and texture changed so vividly. But it was never, ever solid.

My first day ever working with her alone, I had yet to grasp the concept of how to hang on to her and keep her under control amid squirming and screaming while dealing with her clothes/underwear, and cleaning her. So, after she'd made a mess in her pants, I was trying to figure out how to manage all of this and she got out of the bathroom and then went around her therapy room sitting on things. Deliberately, I swear. First the exercise trampoline, then the carpet, chair, table... yeah.

I developed SUCH awesome reflexes so quickly at that job. It would impress people. We were on vacation with another family with neurotypical kids and out to lunch one time. I was on the kiddo's left, another therapist was on the right. And we were busily ignoring unwanted behaviors, putting things out of reach, entertaining her when she was appropriate, and carrying on adult conversation at the same time. When she knocked over a bottle of some 3/4 full drink going straight towards my lap, I caught it a millisecond before it spilled and didn't even pause in mid-sentence as I put it out of reach. That was when the friends informed us we had Jedi reflexes. And they so, so were. I miss those.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm actually looking forward to child-poop.
I'm looking forward to newborn poop again. It happens often, but there's so little smell. Breastfed baby poop is so not gross.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:21 pm

My cat went to the vet today and got an enema... Needless to say, he's very mad at me.
-Kim

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 pm

My first day ever working with her alone, I had yet to grasp the concept of how to hang on to her and keep her under control amid squirming and screaming while dealing with her clothes/underwear, and cleaning her. So, after she'd made a mess in her pants, I was trying to figure out how to manage all of this and she got out of the bathroom and then went around her therapy room sitting on things. Deliberately, I swear. First the exercise trampoline, then the carpet, chair, table... yeah.
At least she didn't eat any of it. Man, that was a whole new level of gross that day.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Uhm... so, post enema I was going to clean up Hodgins's butt. I thought I saw a tapeworm, but he wouldn't hold still long enough for me to see. So I had my friend come hold him for me. Turns out it was not a tapeworm, but an anal gland opening. I've never seen that in a cat before. Being vet students, we decided to give it a squeeze.

I got anal gland juice in my hair.

Being a good mom, I also emptied the other one for him.
-Kim

fawkes
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: punk

Postby fawkes » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Eeeeeewww... My mom decided it was a good idea to relieve one of the dog's anal glands in the hall bathroom. Needless to say, the whole house stank for a little while...
Step one, take off your shirt. Step two ... Step three, PROFIT!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 pm

I'm almost afraid to ask, but for the non-vets, explain?

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 am

Dogs and cats have little glands on both sides of their anus that secrete a foul smelling substance. (Though, it turns out cats are less stinky than dogs... not quite so much pile-of-long-dead-and-rotting-fish.) We think they were originally intended for scent marking territory. Now they're just for getting disgusting and potentially causing tumors. Anyway, most dogs (and until yesterday I thought all cats) handle all their anal gland functions on their own. Periodically they fill and need to be emptied but most of the time they can use their tail as a fulcrum while defecating and empty the glands themselves. Sometimes, they do not and they fill. Hodgin's were big enough to see the openings on the outside of his anus (NOT NORMAL) and I got at least a half a mL of material out of each one (abnormally large amount), one of which contained a hard rock like thing.

Poor kitty. Poor me. Poor ducky bath mat.
-Kim

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Woah... I think that's what I use to see on my cat! When Keekers was younger I would see them every now and then, but they would go away. Hmm... Gross.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:51 pm

I have neither heard of nor seen (to my knowledge) these things prior to this discussion.
All I know is that "anal gland juice" may be the most disgusting phrase I've ever read....
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Ah. That sounds about what I would have expected, though fortunately I've never encountered it personally. I salute you. There's not much in the world of excretion that gives me pause anymore.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:09 pm

For four weeks I have had an upset stomach and diarrhea from my new anti-d. I'm trying to tough it out because it has helped my bladder pain so much and I've read some anecdotal stories of the side effects diminishing as long as two months after starting it. But man, it seems to be getting worse and not better.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:36 pm

I got anal gland juice in my hair.
oh anal glands... they do have a VERY distinct odor. I'm working at a vets office as a tech helper and I learned very early on all things anal gland related are bad Very bad. I think one of the worst i saw was a little chi mix who's glads got blocked and so full it literally POPPED. oh the smell of ulcerated anals. BAD!

I'll take vomit and explosive diarrhea any day

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:25 pm

To the Tune of the Mickey Mouse Club end song:

*T-h-r (Are you going to read this?) E-a-d (Decidedly so) B-U-MMM-P*

I figured I'd throw it in here, just to be safe and be able to claim others were warned it may be "too much" on the information side.

While browsing CNN during Circ time, I came across an article on the next installment of Batman that had a picture of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard and the first thought I had made me really sad for the fact that I'm not in more regular contact with my local friends. They're the only people I know, besides Ed and Fred (haha...), who would not only at least silently tolerate it but also would most likely jump into a lengthy discussion about it with me with no self-consciousness or prudishness or "Oh you little pervert..." or any variation thereof.

When combined with a reaction I got yesterday from Brat over a statement about my ovaries waging war against the rest of my body, it's even more depressing.
Any chance I could get a link to this article!?
I will do you one better. I'll link to the picture but remember, it wasn't the picture itself that was unclean ( ;) ) but rather my first thought upon seeing it.

Picture:

Thought:

Those are some really sexy people. In fact, in those specific images, Marion Cotillard is sexier than Joseph Gordon-Levitt and that is saying something, coming from me. If they ever decided to not only have sex but to also invite a third party, and would allow me the honor, I would be there, no questions asked.

And I'm typically very anti-threesome.

I also don't happen to think that thought was particularly scandalous but geez, I feel like a pervert on Pweb, saying, let alone thinking, that sort of thing. I could say that to any of my locals and they'd tell me their equivalent celebrity power couple or something.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:42 pm

You don't have to feel like a pervert, silly.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:13 pm

I am seriously considering calling the accommodations office and asking for a new mattress. Twice now I've actually flopped down on the bed and gotten stuck because my lower back/hips seized up. Thank heavens for Rei, who was able to help me move. Stupid ancient sproingy mattress.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Two weeks ago I had a bloody nose that lasted well over an hour. It was absolutely gushing and came out of nowhere. I seriously thought I was getting lightheaded at one point... and that was only about 45 minutes into it. I didn't get lightheaded, but seriously, once while replacing the tissue a steady stream just jetted out of my nose due to some weird surface-tension thing. It seriously arced out into the trashcan (lined, of course) that I was perched over.

Such a bummer. I used to get bloody noses all the time when I was a little kid, but never that bad.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri May 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Ow my gut hurts. The ultrasound lady had a very heavy touch yesterday.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri May 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh, I hear you. I have had a couple ultrasounds for ovarian cysts, bladder, etc (full bladder ones are the worst!). I've also had the internal ones. Not fun.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri May 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Did it hurt the next day for you, too?

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri May 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Hmm, the external ones didn't usually hurt except if they pushed on my ribs. My lower ribs are very sensitive and get sore easily. The internal ones were awhile ago but I think they left me a little sore the next day, just kind of achy.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri May 13, 2011 7:04 pm

That's weird, I've never heard of that. I've had ultrasounds on my torso before. I used to get horribly, horrible stomach aches in middle school that would last for days, and I got ultrasounded out the wazzoo to try to find a reason. Was probably psychological, though I was adamantly against it at the time.

Possibly different for "feminine" reasons, however. I would not know.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri May 13, 2011 7:07 pm

I'd be more worried, but it's very local pain exactly where she was jabbing me the hardest.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Our safeword is "safeword".

:oops:
The password is "guilty"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Nothing to blush about; it's clear/direct and pretty normal to have one, I take it. I never got to that point with anyone but I had something of a conversational equivalent long ago that involved the word "cheese."

My contribution to TMI, possibly (copied from FB with only the pronoun changed to reflect who was in the conversation):

SIL: (yells out while in the kitchen finishing some super cute bows) Xavier, where's Topher? I don't see or hear him!
Xavier: He's taking a huge crap!
SIL: How do you know it's a huge crap and not a regular one?
Xavier: (Yells) Because I almost threw up when I walked by.

Xavier and Topher are my nephews.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Our safeword is "safeword".

:oops:

I just today learned what a safeword is... We just say "ow"

except we don't really do BDSM-type stuff, just sometimes rough
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:31 pm

I was playing around in the first couple of pages of threads on this board last night before I passed out from exhaustion and came across some posts in the Cheating thread that made me really happy. They weren't vulgar but there was talk of masturbation, porn and sex and *gasp* it was treated humorously sometimes but I don't think all that immaturely and no one melted or went blind or got corrupted in the process.

I've probably said this before but that is one of the things I really miss about the people I was friends with here in AZ; we didn't talk about that stuff non-stop or exclusively but when we did, it was no different than talking about the weather or work. It wasn't rare or scandalous for one of us to tell another, "I need to get laid; masturbation just isn't cutting it."

Just for a TMI, I'd venture to say at least half of the quiet time I have while I'm on the Circ desk is spent in some sort of sexual fantasy (thinking it, not doing it, weirdos). This is probably why I get so damn annoyed when a patron won't check out their own book at the Self Check that is a whopping 3 or 4 feet away from me. "He's getting to the good part in my head, you lazy, incompetent person! Now I have to start over from the beginning!"

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Just for a TMI, I'd venture to say at least half of the quiet time I have while I'm on the Circ desk is spent in some sort of sexual fantasy (thinking it, not doing it, weirdos). This is probably why I get so damn annoyed when a patron won't check out their own book at the Self Check that is a whopping 3 or 4 feet away from me. "He's getting to the good part in my head, you lazy, incompetent person! Now I have to start over from the beginning!"
Now I feel bad about all the times I don't use the self checkout. The people waiting at the desk look bored, so I feel like I should break the monotony and make them check out my book and give them a few seconds of conversation in their day. I never even considered that I might be interrupting something important.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:40 pm

"Something important," haha. No, I think most people would welcome the interruption and are bored. I am probably in the minority on this one.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”