Star Wars

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Re: Star Wars

Postby Petra456 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Yesterday, we picked up Star Wars Lego: The Empire Strikes Out. It was $7.50 and came with a Darth Vader Minifigure.

The boys have watched it several times since then (it's only 20 min long) and it has me rolling with laughter! It's so funny! Very well done, in my opinion.

There is one part when R2 and 3PO show a bunch of fan-girls a picture of what Darth Vader looks like under his helmet. (A picture of Hayden Christensen.) Tyler thought it was Justin Beiber.
Almost anything i've seen that Lego has put out has been pretty funny. My nephew is obsessed with anything Lego.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 pm

I love this Halloween costume:

Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed May 29, 2013 12:25 pm

So I saw the new Star Trek

It's going to suck when JJAbrams disarms all the people with lightsabers so we don't have any swordfights.

It's going to suck when JJAbrams disables all the spaceships so we don't have any space battles.

Instead everything will be resolved by a Jedi FistFight (which we already saw in the Matrix sequels and it gets tiresome after a while).

Also, I'm sure the Force will be upgraded so that even the most minor jedi can reach out with the force and crush an entire star destroyer into a ball without blinking an eye. magic has no cost in jjverse and there are no rules to anything beyond the ken of today's knowledge because magic.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:49 pm

made this for my dad for fathers day :)
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 0-2006

Postby Platypi007 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:30 am

So, I learned yesterday that one of my wife's coworkers (mid-20s) has never seen Star Wars.

That just blows my mind.
If you read back a few pages you'll see my story of singing in two Star Wars: In Concert concerts in 2009. The first night, in Charleston, Anthony Daniels (he was the narrator for the show) came into our green room to talk to us. He asked if anyone had not seen Star Wars, and one girl from the USC University Chorus (South Carolina, the real USC) raised her hand. She had never seen any of the movies.

Anthony Daniels then proceeded to retell the entire saga for her. I mean... If someone's going to learn about Star Wars in some way, there are worse ways than having Anthony Daniels personally tell you the story.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:42 am

The only thing I can imagine that would be better is if he did so using Ewok-friendly sound effects :)

Also, this:
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Return to “Milagre Town Square”