Complete Randomness

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:07 pm

here is some randomness, not aimed at anyone in particular, I just think it's an awesome gif

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Hector.Victorious
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hector.Victorious » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:17 pm

Whoa! I had to watch that for a few minutes before I realized that the "car" was 'lol' going really fast!
"Killing Buggers was not homicide."
"No, I guess it was insecticide."

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:03 pm

Too fast... makes my brain hurt!
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:18 am

wow, this is hilarious!:

IT IS NOT A SPAM, but if you received that message second and plus time JUST CLICK DELETE button and have a nice day. Don't feel bad, please understand original Scarlett's family very desperate to shout down that humiliating antichristian "actress" clones line career development. Hello dear Ladies and Gentlemen! I would like inform you that Scarlett Johansson (actress) actually is a clone from original person Scarlett Galabekian last name, who has nothing with acting career. That clone was created illegally by using stolen biological material. Original person is very nice (not d**n sexy),most important - CHRISTIAN young lady! I'll tell you more,those clones (it's not only one) made in GERMANY - world leader manufacturer of humans clones, it is in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Rhineland-Palatinate, Mr. Helmut Kohl home town. You can not even imaging the scale of the cloning activity. But warning! Helmut Kohl clone staff strictly controlling all their clones (at least they trying) spreading around the world, they are very accurate with that, some of them are still NAZI type disciplined and mind controlled clones, so be careful get close with clones you will be controlled as well. Original person is not happy with those movies, images, video, rumors and etc. spreading on media in that way it would be really nice if we all will try slow down that ''actress'' career development, original Scarlett will really appreciated that. Please remember that original Scarlett's family did not authorize any activity with stolen biological materials, no matter what form it was created in it was stolen and it is stolen. It all need to be delivered to authorized personals control in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Original Scarlett never was engaged, by the way! Her close friend Serge G. P.S. CONTROLLING ACTIVITY OF ANY CLONES IS US MILITARY OPERATION. H.R. 534, the Human Cloning Prohibition Act of 2003, was introduced to the U.S. House of Representatives on February 5, 2003. After discussion, it was passed on February 27 by a vote of 241-155. It now moves on to the Senate for consideration. This bill makes it unlawful for any person or entity to perform or participate in human cloning, or to ship or receive embryos produced by human cloning. The penalties are imprisonment of up to 10 years and fines of $1 million or more. These now join other nations as diverse as Norway, Australia, and Germany, which had already added cloning for any purpose to their criminal code. And in Germany where it carries a penalty of five years imprisonment they know a thing or two about unethical science.
found it at. http://www.mcnblogs.com/thehotblog/arch ... l#comments

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:19 pm

Trail of random thoughts to follow:

Snipped from the Newbery Medal thread:
what constitutes literary taste
Make literary interchangeable with cinematic, musical, etc., insert an assumed (good) before the entertainment medium being discussed, and add a question mark for me please so that it looks like this:

What constitutes (good) [entertainment medium] taste?

Because more and more lately, I feel like my taste is bad because it tends to lean towards a combination of campy, light, fluffy, and fun in practically all media.

I certainly appreciate serious, intelligent, and dark things but at the end of the day, I will reach for the campy to watch/read/listen to before I reach for something more...mature, I guess I'll say for lack of a better descriptor.

It's getting kind of old feeling like I am on some sort of edge where I can either fall into the depths of stupidity/obnoxiousness or elevate myself to some level of higher being (I say being to encompass thinking, learning, behaving, etc.).

I just feel weird...like I don't have any particular place to fit in, were life to suddenly require a more strict and obvious categorization and separation based on interests, talents, backgrounds, whatever.

Which reminds me, I have taken loads of tests for work and while in school that were supposed to tell you which is your dominant brain (left vs right) and other related things that are supposed to give you some insight into how you function and how you approach things. I was always one of the few, sometimes the only one, to get consistent results that placed me smack dab in the middle. Nothing ever dominated.

I don't think they should be taken all that seriously, but they seemed to be accurate enough for other people and they seemed reassured to know they have some strengths and weaknesses versus just being okay across the board. Mediocrity, I am your slave.

Which leads me to say, there was a story in IGMS that I enjoyed because it dealt with people being born talented specifically in some way. Good story, that.

Today's random thoughts brought to you be the Newbery Medal.

(I should state, that may not seem to be a logical flow -hell, they're thoughts and they're mine so logical may be out of the question anyway- but I did leave out a few things because I couldn't figure out how to express the thoughts in a way that seemed altogether worthwhile.)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:53 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_ ... itler_cake

A grocery store refused to make a birthday cake with a 3 year old's name on it. His name is Adolf Hitler Campbell. Oh, and his sisters? JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April. Not to worry, Walmart made the cake in the end.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:38 pm

I think I'm going to try and teach myself shim sham through the schools of youtube and wikipedia.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Hector.Victorious
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hector.Victorious » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:56 pm

"Killing Buggers was not homicide."
"No, I guess it was insecticide."

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:32 pm

I think I'm going to try and teach myself shim sham through the schools of youtube and wikipedia.
Then you will record it and put it in the Happy Dance thread.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:24 pm

I have a cat named Walker, Texas Ranger. That name has a nice story attached to it, but needless to say we usually call her simply "Walker". Occasionally, I talk about her over the phone, and I see people react strangely. This makes me equal parts amused and infuriated. I am amused at their reactions, but also I will name my cat whatever I darn well please and I will thank you to leave Chuck Norris and his internet groupies out of it!
Yay, I'm a llama again!

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:28 pm

random: I know one of the editors of Walker Texas Ranger, very nice guy that gave me tremendous advice. :)

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Are you going to share the advice?
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Jakt
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Jakt » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:32 pm

I am sick of feeling light headed these past few days. I wish I knew that cause so I could end it now.

I feel like I'm stuck inside a airtight can and its causing me headaches. I haven't changed my diet or any other thing that could affect me this way. Its very very odd. Maybe I have a tumor =\ -_-

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:08 am

No, it isn't.

And since I had to go through some of the archives again looking for that, here's another random comic, because I still think it is awesome.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:54 pm

For some reason I haven't linked There she is!! here yet. Okay, fixed. (Edit: warning, step 4 is sad)

dgf hhw

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:27 am

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:53 am

uffda?
oofda?
oovda?
oovvda

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:14 am

Always loved this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFwgzOxs0yM

"Dooley had two daughters and a forty gallon still." :D

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:44 am

This is a very neat article on Jean Vanier and L'Arche.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:12 am

So, after my alcohol binge, someone said I should take at least one set of daily multivitamins to help my stomach recover since I had already been having trouble with it before I both used antibiotics and binged on alcohol.. both of which hurt your stomach. So, I went to Trader Joes and bought a huge container of them. Not to waste, I've been taking those. I also found this huge container of "Flaxseed Omega 3, 6 and 9" pills for "overall cardiovascular health" in our kitchen... huge pills that look like suppositories. So, I've been taking those too.

Some side effects I've noticed:

I need less sleep. I asked around, and I noticed that it's a kind of common thing. I'm sleeping less and staying awake later. 6 hours of sleep last night, been awake for 17 hours. Day before I slept for about 6 as well and was awake for 18 hours. I'm also not tired in the middle of the day anymore.

My stomach problems seem to have gone away.

My skin looks to be clearing up from acne.

Another thing, perhaps related to the above, I stopped using soap. Oh my, no soap! No, I still wash my hands. I use soap on my face. I still wash my hair. The only thing I've changed is I no longer use body soap. Instead, before I get wet, I use a very rough scrub brush and brush down my entire body to get rid of the dead skin and then rinse off very well. Gattica! I don't smell, and I've even asked others to tell me if I smell to them. Makes my showers shorter. Perhaps related to the reduced body acne bit too!

Weird thing to post here... don't look at me like that. I'm not weird! I swear! Okay, probably just a little weird.. but in a totally awesome way.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:51 am

Don't worry, dry body brushing before showering is not uncommon. I tried it but gave it up because I find it too time consuming and I'm too cold to stand there naked that long.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:36 am

Tentacle Grape

"Welcome back to Let's Play Journey to Silius where taco Tuesdays, you're allowed to wear sandals when you order tacos. Roast beef day is on Thursday, and complimentary lava will be served with every soft drink. Mr. Peterson, please move your station wagon, or it will be moved for you. Also, Ray, if you don't get that memo to me by 10 o'clock, I'm going to dispatch the robots. And they, will fire at you. Will the owner of the 1937 Chevy Impala -- a car which did not exist because Chevy Impalas were not around in 1937 -- please get your historical inaccuracy out of the lot."

Edit: Also, Where's an egg?. I love this guy.

dgf hhw

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:38 am

My cat's tummy must be my shoe size. She likes to sleep with her tummy pressed completely against the bottom of my foot and it fits perfectly.

Because of this, I never have to wear socks to bed.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:34 am

dgf hhw

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:54 am

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:52 am

I kind of think it's sweet. In a weird sort of way. I mean, I wouldn't want to spend more than a few minutes like that with anyone.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:10 pm

I guess it just triggers my claustrophobia senses or something.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:26 pm

On the note of creepy, there's a fun creepy little platformer going around called Eversion.

dgf hhw

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:32 pm

I guess it just triggers my claustrophobia senses or something.
It triggers my phobia of smelly hippies.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Because the state where I live isn't weird enough as it is.
I love irony.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:43 pm

Haha, the US should just cut its losses and sell you guys back to Russia.

EDIT: Or maybe to Canada, I hear they're fond of frozen wastelands that nobody in their right mind would want to live in.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:02 am

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archiv ... the_inaugu

Get your hot tasty free abortion doughnuts!

still chuckling at that.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Having recently done a read through of old threads I am very displeased with Alea, Virlomi and YV for having deleted many of their early posts on this forum. I briefly considered removing them from the list of people I would bump uglies with, but ultimately decided that was too harsh a punishment.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”