Girly Stuff

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Re: Girly Stuff

Postby steph » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:27 am

We used to have blueberry blintzes for breakfast on the morning of General Conference. (Twice a year, there is a broadcast from Salt Lake that is kind of "world wide" church.) They were tasty!

Our favorite Italian Market Place buffet has a crepe station. Dessert crepes. No nutella, though.

There's an awesome crepe restaurant in downtown Denver that we went to twice this summer. The Ratatouille crepe was tasty. I love the variety of fillings you can do in crepes.

The banana/nutella crepe I had from the street vendor in Paris was so cliche and SO tasty and perfect. :)

(P.S. I love crepes.)
(P.P.S. I secretly get annoyed when people pronounce crepes the american way instead of the french way.)
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:35 am

Uh oh. What is the french way?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:40 am

French: cr-eh-p
American: cr-ay-p

Luckily, since this is a forum, I can just pretend that everyone pronounces it frenchly. :)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:09 am

Last edited by Gravity Defier on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 am

Yup, it's blood pressure.

Why not just cut to the chase when it gets brought up and say you're not sexually active? And thus avoid the series of questions from the get-go.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:57 am

Last edited by Gravity Defier on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:51 pm

I can tell you why. People LIE about sex like you wouldn't believe.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:44 am

Another *(*&#&*(#@ UTI. I HATE this. But at least this time it's not the weekend, so I can go to my family doctor.

Got some cranberry pills online and I'm vowing to pee post-coitus (heehee... been watching too much Big Bang Theory). It better help or I'm going to stab someone.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:48 am

Boo!! UTIs I don't really get, but yeast, I get all the time. So I can somewhat sympathize.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:52 am

Boo!! UTIs I don't really get, but yeast, I get all the time. So I can somewhat sympathize.

Yeah, yeast is likewise sucky. The annoying thing about this is I'll have to go on antibiotics and that will more then likely cause yeast.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:00 am

I'm vowing to pee post-coitus.
I think my mom told me this before I got married (or probably much earlier, she was VERY open about sex). I have always done this and rarely ever gotten a true UTI. I just struggle with always *feeling* like I have a UTI but that's a different story.

As far as the antibiotics go, make sure you eat lots of yogurt or take probiotics along with them and for awhile after. That has helped me avoid yeast infections with antibiotic use.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:03 am

It's just so hard to remember when I'm all suggley and tired. I just want to fall asleep.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:07 am

Just think about the pain of the UTI when you're all "suggley". :wink:

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:11 am

Yeah, yeast is likewise sucky. The annoying thing about this is I'll have to go on antibiotics and that will more then likely cause yeast.
I wasn't even thinking that far!! Poor Jan!!!

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:22 am

I have never had a yeast infection or UTI. Is this going to happen to me in the next years of my life?

*hugs and happy health wishes for Jan*
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 am

I've never had a yeast infection, but I did get a pretty raging UTI on our honeymoon.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 am

I have never had a yeast infection or UTI. Is this going to happen to me in the next years of my life?
One or the other more than likely, unless you're extremely lucky. But at least you're probably not prone to getting them chronically, if you haven't had one yet. I've only had two yeast infections in my whole life and one UTI. (One of the yeast infections was DEFINITELY caused by penicillan. Since then, I've started eating lots of yogurt routinely, and it helps.)

And I can't HELP but pee post coitus. I'm all snuggly and comfortable for a few minutes, but then I have to get up. It's annoying, but probably good for my health, overall.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 am

Both are no fun at all.

I had a raging UTI when I was on Food Animal Medicine. Coveralls are not convenient for rushing to the bathroom during those times of super intense urgency.

Aside from antibiotics, the moral of the story is: "Dilution is the solution to pollution." In other words, drink so much water you think you're going to drown in it.
-Kim

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 am

One or the other more than likely, unless you're extremely lucky. But at least you're probably not prone to getting them chronically, if you haven't had one yet. I've only had two yeast infections in my whole life and one UTI. (One of the yeast infections was DEFINITELY caused by penicillan. Since then, I've started eating lots of yogurt routinely, and it helps.)

And I can't HELP but pee post coitus. I'm all snuggly and comfortable for a few minutes, but then I have to get up. It's annoying, but probably good for my health, overall.

I've been lucky enough to dodge both the yeast infection and UTI bullets in my 29 years thus far. I very much would like to continue the streak. :::knock on wood:::
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:01 pm

I've had both but wouldn't say I'm prone to either.

I hate being more emotional before my period!

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:02 pm

One or the other more than likely, unless you're extremely lucky. But at least you're probably not prone to getting them chronically, if you haven't had one yet.
I never had a yeast infection before I got married. Then I had one or two? Then after I weaned Brayden, BAM! Chronic yeast! You never know when it will show up chronically. Hormones can do crazy things.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:50 am

Today's visit to the gynecologist was fun; we talked about football while he poked and prodded. He's a Chargers fan, too, but unlike me, he's still hopeful we'll make it to the playoffs, at which time he thinks it is anyone's game. He's crazy but a good doctor.

I also now have a prescription for BC. I will take that info with me to the psychiatrist next month and be sure there won't be issues there and if there aren't, I can cash it in at any time. Which, psychiatrist or not, would be not anytime soon-soon.

May I just say, the damn possible side effects are almost enough to make me want to stay celibate for life. "Baby, do I want to risk blood clots, seizures, tender breasts, and *gasp* weight gain to have sex with you or do I want to risk osteoporosis, cardiac failure, and loss of sex drive?" Though, with the alternative being, "Do I want to risk spawning?", bone loss, heart problems, and blood clots sound like the winners to me. (Yes, I understand these aren't guaranteed side effects. I'm just one of those people who hates doctors and medications and all that.)

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:53 pm

I got my Lunapads in the mail the DAY I got my period. Talk about perfect timing. Kinda excited to try them out. I love the idea that I've only spent about $35 on period supplies for practically the rest of my life.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:28 pm

I totally agree. My ladycup and cloth pantyliners are awesome and I never have to shop for supplies again.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:51 pm

I have a hot date tomorrow night (and Sunday night). :mrgreen: Cool thing is, I don't even have to leave the state; I think this is a first.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:01 pm

:thumbs: :love:

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 pm

I have a hot date tomorrow night (and Sunday night). :mrgreen: Cool thing is, I don't even have to leave the state; I think this is a first.
:D :stoned: :love: :stoned:

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Ooo. I'm jealous.

And none of our smilies adequately express my excitement for this, so I'm going to go for a girly squeal instead.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:30 am

Ooo. I'm jealous.
I'd say you could borrow him but you can't and I have a feeling that's not what you meant anyway. *grin*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
See, I feel like this, over more than this weekend, but I have a very hard time expressing this. Girlier types have offered gushing sessions or whatever and I would like to take them up on it, but the few times I've been asked to explain why I'm all twitterpated/excited/whatever, I can't figure out what to say. "Because!" It all sounds kind of stupid, out loud.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:50 pm

See, I feel like this, over more than this weekend, but I have a very hard time expressing this. Girlier types have offered gushing sessions or whatever and I would like to take them up on it, but the few times I've been asked to explain why I'm all twitterpated/excited/whatever, I can't figure out what to say. "Because!" It all sounds kind of stupid, out loud.
This has always been my problem! Everything sounds so much more exciting in my head. Still, soooo exciting!!!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Consider this my request for a giddy, girly report. Or just some squealing. Or nothing. Whatever you prefer. :stoned:

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:06 pm

I was a little nervous before he got here that this weekend might be awkward; last month, we had a whole group of very cool people to help keep conversation going and keep things interesting and one of my many concerns/insecurities is that I'm super boring, so I got worried that with just the two of us, it'd get awkwardly quiet (I am perfectly fine with silence if I don't think it makes my company uncomfortable) and whatever we enjoyed about each other in Portland wasn't real or something. I mean, we talk on a very regular basis from across the country but I tend to freeze up on people in person...something about being paid attention to that scares me and it's never more obvious people are paying attention than in person. Anyway.

We found a very nice rhythm with each other and I was grinning like an idiot pretty much the entire weekend. Although he needs to lay off the pancake judgments ("You're not getting the chocolate chip pancakes, are you?" Um, hell yes, I am.), that was so very him, so I was pretty amused.

One of the coolest things about him coming to AZ was I finally, finally got to show someone things that were, in their way, important in my life. Yebra came back in 2008 but that was the Phoenix area, the GC, and Sedona, all areas I have no personal, emotional ties to. I took zero to the UofA and told awful, pointless stories about the different sights and he asked questions; there was something indescribably awesome about showing him the place I was when I first stumbled onto Pweb 8 years ago.

I had, probably, the sweetest moment I've ever had with a guy. We ended up going to the Saguaro National Park and making a very short hike up to a nice vantage point, and got to see the sunset. It was beautiful; cacti everywhere and the green shrub vegetation throughout made it look like the desert was carpeted, there were these perfect clouds that caught the light in just the right way to make them look lit up, blues and oranges and some red in the sky, and this boy I like so very much with his head in my lap, so I could play with his stubble. I don't know what it is about his face that I like so much (for these purposes) but my hand was very happy cupping his jaw or running a finger from near his ear to chin and back again.

He scares the crap out of me, though. Still. Or more. Or still and more. Every last guy I've ever been interested in and had even a remote chance of being with or was actually able to be with (as in dating, not necessarily being regularly in the physical presence of) has found some way of making me feel really s***** about myself. But if zero wishes I were taller, thinner, prettier, better endowed, sexier, funnier, smarter, whatever-er, I'm not picking up on it at all. I am still me, insecure as hell, so I still find myself thinking if I really liked him, I'd stop showing interest so he could find this taller, thinner, prettier, better endowed, sexier, funnier, smarter, whatever-er girl and be happier, but there's the teeny tiny nugget of rational person in me that thinks he is talking to me and visiting me and interested in me and who gives a s*** if it makes sense to me (it doesn't, not even a little bit), it is what it is and I should just enjoy it as much as I can.

Overall, I had a great time, though I am trying not to focus too much on the stuff that made me feel like I must be a huge disappointment. I was also really proud of myself for not crying when I dropped him off at the airport this morning and I thought for sure I was going to get away with not crying at all (I didn't when I left Portland) but this song came on and right around the time I was making the change to the interstate that made it most obvious I was leaving the Tucson area of the state, about 70 miles outside of Tucson itself, and I started crying. That's not the greatest thing, when driving at high speeds so I put a stop to that real fast but still...I didn't want him to go or I didn't want to have to stay. He smells nice and is nice to cuddle with and talk to and just silently be around, so it sucks he has to live so far away.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Squee!

Theoretically, I could come up with a more articulate response, but this seemed fitting enough.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:19 pm

:D

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 pm

I can't stop smiling. Just so awesome. I want to meet BOTH of you!

Did you see any lizards? :)

Return to “Milagre Town Square”