Some of you may be interested in my blog

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 0-2006

Some of you may be interested in my blog

Postby Platypi007 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:04 pm

I write it under a pseudonym, for reasons that should be clear when you read the introduction. One thing I do ask is that you not use my real name of this screen name in comments on the blog. I also won't tolerate trolls, the comments are moderated and trolling will get ignored. (And references to the real me will get edited out.)

The Secret Atheist

The name of the blog should make it somewhat obvious what the topic of the blog is. I was raised in a Christian home, home schooled, and lived in the middle of a Baptist seminary for 10 years of my life. I went to a Baptist college and got a degree in music ministry. I also spent the past 15+ years of my life struggling with doubts about said religion and recently was able to admit to myself that I no longer believe. I am currently working as the choir director at a church.

I realize that many of you are religious, and a majority of you are probably some form of Christian. I don't mean to offend anyone with my posts, I simply mean to explore my own journey out of spirituality.

I've *tried* to update semi-regularly, at least once a month. I missed a couple of months this year but for the most part I'm doing pretty well (Only July has been without post, I'm on my 11th month of blogging there, I think April was very light post-wise, or March, one of those).

So, there you have it.

Noodle
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pastamancer Tony
First Joined: 06 Feb 1916

Postby Noodle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:17 pm

I wanted to post that I did indeed check out your blog, and I find it very interesting. Your experience mirrors my own, though I didn't quite take the religious thing as far as you did.

I grew up in a very religious family, we attended church at least twice a week while I was growing up. I played in the worship band, went on several mission trips to Mexico, and if we could have afforded it I would have gone to a christian college where every student gets a second major in the bible. As it happens I went to a public college, but was active in many christian groups. I started really doubting my faith around that time, and have slowly decided that I'm an atheist.

I'll be following along with your story.
Co-Founder of the Canadian Alliance

I'm known as Tony on the internet.

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 0-2006

Postby Platypi007 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Thanks! Just curious, does your family know?

Noodle
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pastamancer Tony
First Joined: 06 Feb 1916

Postby Noodle » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 pm

My brother and sister (who have gone through pretty much the same thing I did) know for sure. I know both of my parents know that we don't regularly attend church, but I'm not sure if they realize just how far down the path I am.
Co-Founder of the Canadian Alliance

I'm known as Tony on the internet.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm in pretty much the same boat as Noodle. I tried telling my mom once, but I don't think she took me seriously. As far as my family and most people I know IRL are concerned, I'm a non-practicing Catholic.
The enemy's fly is down.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”