Who talks more?

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!

?

chicks
83%
d00ds
17%

Total votes: 18

Seiryu
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Seiryu » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:30 am

Hmm...I've always heard that biologically the only difference between men and women were the obvious one, the level of hormones (caused by the first difference), and the breasts (caused by the second difference, which of course is caused by the first.) Most personality traits common among one gender that are not caused by the hormones are usually due to social stereotypes. Take the Amazon women, for instance: the women may be naturally tall and may have a little genetics helping them out with their strength, but for the most part their strength comes from the Amazonian stereotype that women are these strong warriors. Yet in America, for instance, the stereotype that has survived is that the woman is the weaker of the species, despite proof that given the same chance as a man, women could overpower a man and some women can. (I'm not talking about the gross body builders or anything.) The point is: women are told from birth that they are to let men be stronger because it turns a man off if the woman is stronger.

So what does this all mean? The silent man and the talkative woman are stereotypes probably unlinked to hormones.
I don't believe in fairies!
(Dresden's battle cry going against fairies in book 4.)

Return to “Milagre Town Square”