Things that I love

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: Things that I love

Postby Luet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Very cool! And I've heard about a couple authentic places in the Albany area that are owned and run by real, live Mexican people. They even serve lengua! But that scares me into not wanting to go. I don't like Taco Bell but I do like what is probably tex-mex, or non-authentic mexican food.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:31 pm

I love my new photo art from a friend back in AZ; her sister took the pictures.

Those are amazing! I love em!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 pm

I love that things seem to be falling into place for our move to portland. Woo!

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Woooo! Portland is kind of the best, after all.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:05 pm

I love seeing my friends make decisions that are good for them, regardless of what everyone else thinks.

I love that the semester is almost over.

I love my nephew's new sunglasses. He looks super adorable in them.

I love that my brother will be here in just over two days.

I love that there are so many things to love today!
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:45 am

I love that there are so many things to love today!
:stamp:
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Today in general started out very, very, so very super s*****. And not that it's over or anything but the workday ended very, very, so very super awesomely. One of my big responsibilities at work is to take charge of the website redesign for YS. I showed the asst. director my progress and although she must have some very tame dreams, she said my work surpassed her wildest ones, that she was so excited about it, that I am creative, and she is jealous. Why, hello there, praise. It's so darn nice to hear you. I wasn't sure I was actually earning my paycheck, so, yay!

I decided to take the path by the Nazi library and I found the remake of Footloose. I was ashamed before to admit that the previews may have, just a bit, looked good but now I am proud to say, I'm excited to sit down to this tonight. I love that I stopped by.

This was made possible by my schedule being completely off today; normally I work late Tuesday nights but a coworker's midget got sick, so I went in 6 hours early to cover storytime, so I got out about 5 hours early. Love the extended time off, since I will work 6 days straight starting Thursday.

I love that I decided to text two family members I don't normally talk to. I needed them to hear what I had to say and they might just have needed to hear it, too.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:23 pm

I was going to post "I love jasmine syrup", but Alea's post (and Shannon's) make that seem kind of mundane. So I'm going to add "I love that other people have had reasons to smile today!"
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

I dunno, jasmine syrup sounds pretty awesome. Not quite as epic as Alea's day, but mundane--never!
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:12 pm

This may sound slightly hippy-ish but when it comes to the lovin', there's no such thing as mundane. 8)

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:38 pm

This may sound slightly hippy-ish but when it comes to the lovin', there's no such thing as mundane. 8)
I lol'd. I think it was the cool-kid glasses. Would only have been better if they were aviators!
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:15 am

Aww, thanks guys. And thanks to elfprince (real name again?) for making me laugh. I love pweb banter.

Jasmine syrup, for the record, is aces mixed with coke (who knew?) and even better poured over ice cream.

I love the feeling of Nom's soft, limp body when she falls asleep on me, and her fluffy, wispy hair after a bath.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 am

And thanks to elfprince (real name again?) for making me laugh.
Look at my forum title, I think you can guess :P Only, I usually go by the full version of the name.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 am

Would only have been better if they were aviators!
Well then, let's just zoom in a bit, shall we?

8)

public BufferedImage zoomIn(BufferedImage bi, int scale)
{
int width = scale * bi.getWidth(Bigger!);
int height = scale * bi.getHeight(Bigger!);

BufferedImage biScale = new BufferedImage(width, height, bi.getType(something might go in here!));

// Cicla dando un valore medio al pixel corrispondente
for(int i=0; i<width; i++)
for(int j=0; j<height; j++)
biScale.setRGB(i, j, bi.getRGB(i/scale, j/scale));

return biScale;
}*

*I have no idea what any of this is or means or really does...but you always see them type a bunch of stuff in movies to make an image zoom or clear up from being very pixelated and fuzzy. Also, I'll have you know that was all indented and crap before I hit Submit.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Well then, let's just zoom in a bit, shall we?

8)

public BufferedImage zoomIn(BufferedImage bi, int scale)
{
int width = scale * bi.getWidth(Bigger!);
int height = scale * bi.getHeight(Bigger!);

BufferedImage biScale = new BufferedImage(width, height, bi.getType(something might go in here!));

// Cicla dando un valore medio al pixel corrispondente
for(int i=0; i<width; i++)
for(int j=0; j<height; j++)
biScale.setRGB(i, j, bi.getRGB(i/scale, j/scale));

return biScale;
}*

*I have no idea what any of this is or means or really does...but you always see them type a bunch of stuff in movies to make an image zoom or clear up from being very pixelated and fuzzy. Also, I'll have you know that was all indented and crap before I hit Submit.
I love that you went and dug up what more or less appears to be working Java code (in Spanish, no less) to scale an image up to go with your giant-smiley. Also, I'm curious if you added the "Bigger!" and "something might go here!" parts, or found it like that, either way it's great, but the compiler might like it better without them ;) You can keep it all indented and crap by using the

Code: Select all

tag in between the Quote and List buttons. Though I don't imagine you'll have much occasion to use them. Here's what it would look like if I wrote it: [code]public BufferedImage zoomIn(BufferedImage bi, int scale) { int width = scale * bi.getWidth(); int height = scale * bi.getHeight(); BufferedImage biScale = new BufferedImage(width, height, bi.getType()); // Loop to give the intermediate pixels their value ( <- I don't speak spanish // so this is just a guess as to what they meant based on what it actually does) for(int i=0; i<width; i++) for(int j=0; j<height; j++) biScale.setRGB(i, j, bi.getRGB(i/scale, j/scale)); return biScale; }

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 pm

I love that spring has broke! I love the smell and the feel of the air out in the fields. It's like the earth is busting out life and potential profits! :bow:

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Steve is back and he's found someone to spar with.
The enemy's fly is down.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Steve is back and he's found someone to spar with.
:party:

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:15 pm

I love the new dress I bought (well, my brother bought for me since I didn't have my wallet) yesterday.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:58 pm

I love the new dress I bought (well, my brother bought for me since I didn't have my wallet) yesterday.
This post is worthless without Pictures!

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:32 am

This post is worthless without Pictures!
Your wish is my command!

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Very pretty!

I also love the new dress I bought! and yes Alea, I will post pictures when I can. But it will have to wait 2 weeks, I'm wearing it to a wedding and with the sling and all this will be the first time I can wear and and get a decent picture.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Shannon, you are gorgeous. Seriously. :)

And yay! Teresa! I can't wait.

I love that people are getting new dresses and taking pictures.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:43 pm

I love how hard Syphon makes it for us to get riled up over bad media coverage of legal process. :)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Oh, I'm not riled up over the wording or even the state finally defining some key terms with regards to reproductive health; since they're so hell bent on taking away rights in that area, it's nice to know what they mean when they say "You can't do [x] anymore!" I am still riled up over the woman and minority hating of pretty much every last bill they've proposed and/or passed over the past two years. Syphon can't make that go away for me.

Then again, we disagree on so much, he usually contributes to my getting riled up.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Oh, I'm not riled up over the wording or even the state finally defining some key terms with regards to reproductive health; since they're so hell bent on taking away rights in that area, it's nice to know what they mean when they say "You can't do [x] anymore!" I am still riled up over the woman and minority hating of pretty much every last bill they've proposed and/or passed over the past two years. Syphon can't make that go away for me.

Then again, we disagree on so much, he usually contributes to my getting riled up.
Maybe it's just me. Injustice gets me riled up, but way too many journalists writing about legal matters try to insert injustice, where none (or very little) is present, for political gain. I appreciate his calm legal-perspective explanations of what's actually going on.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:24 am

Elf, if it's talking about AZ, it's probably not trying to make anything up, even if it's somewhat misguided. :P

I do understand what you mean, though, and that's probably one of the most frustrating things for me about Syphon; he's pretty good about being objective. He does know, I hope, that I don't think it's a bad thing, even though we disagree on pretty much everything political.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Elf, if it's talking about AZ, it's probably not trying to make anything up, even if it's somewhat misguided. :P
AZ is "special" ;)
I do understand what you mean, though, and that's probably one of the most frustrating things for me about Syphon; he's pretty good about being objective. He does know, I hope, that I don't think it's a bad thing, even though we disagree on pretty much everything political.
I actually find it much easier to have conversations with people with whom I disagree, if I feel like they are being fair/objective/intellectually-honest, than people with whom I agree, if I feel like they are doing a bad job representing my position.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:50 pm

I love being done with finals!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:19 pm

I love that I'm getting a haircut tomorrow (nothing new, sorry :)) and botox on Friday. I'm way more excited about the botox! These migraines are not fun...
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Botox helps with migraines?! :shock: My mind is blown.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:30 pm

It's FDA approved now for chronic migraines, which means 15 or more a month. So, you have to get a LOT to get insurance to cover it but at least they do. You get 39 shots in the scalp (along the hairline), neck and shoulders.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:47 pm

A new friend got me to start playing Pottermore and I'm kind of hooked. I guess this could go in the "Thanks, Jan" thread, but seriously. I'm kind of in love with collecting random things and learning more about what Rowling planned for the Harry Potter universe.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 pm

I completely forgot about Pottermore. I was excited about it before it was open to everyone and then, just kinda forgot... Going to sign up now : )
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:20 pm

I love that I get to see my grandparents tomorrow!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”