DINK AND PETRA?

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.

DID YOU THINK THEY WOULD END UP TOGETHER AND GET MARRIED?

YES
60%
NO!!!
40%
I DONT KNOW, I REALLY DIDNT CARE ABOUT THEM AT ALL!
No votes

Total votes: 5

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

DINK AND PETRA?

Postby spanish_rockette » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:05 pm

DINK MEEKER AND PETRA ARKANIAN? DID YOU THINK THEY WOULD END UP TOGETHER?
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 pm

i thought they were like meant to be. until bean came in? petra just had to fall ijn love woth him. PETRA, DINK LOVES YOU! GET A BRAIN.
i really thought they would really end up together! bean amd petra was too creepy! :roll:
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

Psudo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Psudo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:37 am

The possibility of romance in EG didn't occur to me at all. They were all kids with far more pressing concerns. Petra is, what, 11 at the end of the books? I wasn't interested in girls yet when I was 11.

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:40 pm

well, petra did say she expected to marry Dink. and THEY DID SHOW some affection towards eachother in the end of the book. so that could explain somehitng!

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:11 pm

I really thought I felt some chemistry between Petra and Graff. I'm surprised OSC didn't develop their relationship further.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:22 pm

[quote="neo-dragon"]I really thought I felt some chemistry between Petra and Graff. I'm surprised OSC didn't develop their relationship further.[/quote]

i asked about PERTA AND DINK, i dont know where you got GRAFF. :shock:
Last edited by spanish_rockette on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:11 pm

It's hard not to see everything through the lens of Graff/Petra love.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:15 am

[quote="neo-dragon"]It's hard not to see everything through the lens of Graff/Petra love.[/quote]

tell where did you get this?! Because i reread EG until midnitght last night, when you said that you were surprised that OCS didnt evlovle the realionship. and i never saw the love connection. only between Petra/Dink. :?
tell me? :?:

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:00 am

Would you be mad if I said I was just kidding? :)
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:34 pm

[quote="neo-dragon"]Would you be mad if I said I was just kidding? :)[/quote]

uhhh, yeah!!! kinda yeah. :x
for a moment there i thought you were crazy!
oh yeah, thank you for making my reread EG again from the beginning. and for staying up like at 12/1:00 am trying to make sense on what you were saying!

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:28 pm

neo-dragon, im over it.
ok maybe im not.
you freaked me out!!
i was like if Graff and Pet had something going on, would Graff be a child molester!
since you said you were joking, DID YOU REALLY THINK PETRA AND DINK WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MARRIED?

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:45 pm

I really never gave it much thought. I just finished re-reading Ender's Game a few days ago and the only hint of romance between them I recall is that they were holding hands after the last battle. I know there was more in the Shadow books, but it never seemed like anything serious to me.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:49 pm

[quote="neo-dragon"]I really never gave it much thought. I just finished re-reading Ender's Game a few days ago and the only hint of romance between them I recall is that they were holding hands after the last battle. I know there was more in the Shadow books, but it never seemed like anything serious to me.[/quote]

well I'm a girl, so it just comes to us naturally. so maybe that why.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Oh Neo, you slay me.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”