Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Dear you,

I'm trying to actually talk to you and it is kind of hard. I remember sitting in your dorm room for so much of freshman year, waiting for you to stop playing WOW, or you kissing me, or us watching Heroes with your suitemates. And now we haven't spoken in a year and you have an actual girlfriend and I'm just some girl.

I really don't know how to be just your friend. I practically lived in your dorm room except for actual sleeping for a very long time and now I can't even say hello except when inebriated.

I thought you might find it hilarious I once asked my other roommate if she wanted to make out while at a party. So there, there's a story you hadn't heard yet. And so many others you will never hear....

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Femme Fatale

Postby ValentineNicole » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 am

Dear you,

I posted. Be happy. Don't kick me in the shins.

-Me

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 am

Dear You,

I am considering coming back to PWeb, but I am not sure if that is wise. I miss it, yes.. but there are too many reasons that I left, and I would imagine that those things have not changed.

There. I answered your question. Are you happy?

~Boro
PWeb 2.0 Join Date:
October 19 2002, 08:01

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Dear you,

I posted. Be happy. Don't kick me in the shins.

-Me

*happy* Your shins are safe with me. :mrgreen:

Dear You,

I am considering coming back to PWeb, but I am not sure if that is wise. I miss it, yes.. but there are too many reasons that I left, and I would imagine that those things have not changed.

There. I answered your question. Are you happy?

~Boro
!!

Okay, that's not to me and I'm not so selfish I'd ask you to come back but...if you could do so comfortably, this would be happiness.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 am

*twice is nice*

Dear You,

Yeah, I know you're stressed and tired -we're all stressed and tired- and I know better than just about anyone how easy it is to say hurtful things when either stress or tired but that was unexpected.

I know I made your life more difficult and I know you know it was an accident and my attempt to correct it was in the knowledge that I had just made things worse for you.

I told you I would write the report for it, explaining how I f****** up, to be added to the report showing where I f****** up.

I don't understand why you felt it was necessary to drag it out slowly, going over it again and again. Nothing but that stupid little piece of paper was wrong. Nothing but that little piece of paper exists to show that I messed up and to only mess up on paper? I didn't do anything to a patron or any of you coworkers. I pushed the wrong button, twice. That's it.

So yeah, when I put my headphones on to write the report and to stop myself from crying because you are being unduly harsh, it means leave me alone.

Your attempt to backtrack and say all those things after it hit you that I felt awful about it, that it really was just a little piece of paper, it's no big deal, means very little after you've laid it into me for 20 minutes after the initial hour that morning, the day after it all happened anyway.

Today is a new day. I'll try to keep that in mind.

But I don't want to go into work all the same.

-me

Dear You,

I'd like to include something about you being the world's biggest something or other after you pulled that stunt last night but I'm going to be late for work as it is if I don't leave right now.

You break my heart, though. I have time to say that. Go away. See that my telling you this is pointless is the truth.

-me

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:27 am

Dear You,

In the past, assumptions I've made and shared have bit me in the ass. I make these assumptions based upon nothing but my own thoughts on the matter at hand, and perhaps with a little deductive reasoning and critical thinking. When I share them and they turn out wrong, I both feel stupid for ever thinking that, and stupid for having voiced the assumptions in the first place. Their are things I don't know, things that I don't understand, and things that I refuse to acknowledge. Humans are, for the most part, chaotic in nature. I still make assumptions, and I'm still afraid of what consequences may come about in making them. I try my best to rationally determine if my assumptions are correct or not, but sometimes my best is far from enough.

With that said, I will say this. I hope I don't regret this, and don't laugh too hard. I fully recognize that what I am about to say is very possibly not correct.

I think this person is me.

Even with as many words as I cushioned those six words with, I still worry. If I am wrong, remember that you could have avoided this by not being so secretive with your secret secrets.

- Wil

P.S. This is unrelated to my thumbs down, so don't go thinking that. Though, you COULD say that they are twice removed cousins. But still unrelated. I'm going to stop writing now.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:25 am

Dear You,

Just so I can hopefully get this garbage out of my system early today...

The only decent image I captured of fireworks the night you told me I might consider buggering off permanently.

The less than spectacular drawing I did for you -it was always you, you idiot- who knows when.

You saw both last year but there you are, proof that it is all in the past; everything now is remembering how it was. You're basically gone in reality but haunt my thoughts every single day.

So, congratulations. You won.

-Me

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Dear you,

I'm excited that you're coming! It's just over a month away! I need to come up with some stuff to do since what we do most of the time (stay home, have our pjs on for half the day, watch movies, grocery shop, take naps, do laundry or clean up the toys for the millionth time) would not be all that exciting. I will think on this and try and come up with some plans. Let me know what you want to see!

love,
steph
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:29 am

:mrgreen:
have our pjs on for half the day
Half a day planned, then; I'll bring my fancy Eeyore pajamas. :)

As for seeing, the State Capital building is the only specific thing at the moment, but I enjoy a good stroll through downtown areas, just to see what I can see. Actually, the Denver Art Museum is something I'm curious to see as well (outside, not necessarily inside).

A picnic would be fun, too, I think. Movies are fine, sports are fine, nature is fine, museums are fine. Water would be fine but I would do about 10 times better with a body of water vs a water park with slides and stuff.

I'm not very helpful, am I? I mostly want to see a Steph. I promise, I am fairly easy going. Board/card games, YouTube-ing, dancing while baking cookies, pigging out on junk food, watching movies, dish-washing, shopping, and playing dress up are some of the things I've done with Pwebbers in the past and had a great time doing them because I enjoyed my company.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Dear You,

I stumbled across this today: "The stories we tell are so vivid, the ocean so blue, the whales and icebergs so huge, the music so lively and the people so eager to invite you in that you cannot help feeling a strong sense of family when you come here.”

Danny Williams, NFLD Premier, in his love letter to Canada

It made me think of you. Don't worry. The Maritimes are strange, but they won't let you be strangers for long.

-- Nova Scotian at Heart
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:01 am

Dear you,

Awesome.

-eastbound me

PS. Nfld isn't the Maritimes, apparently. That's just the three. It's Atlantic Canada.

Dear neighbours,

WHY are you having a party on the fire escape at FOUR in the MORNING?!? It's freaking MONDAY. It's not a holiday, it's just a Monday. You are obnoxious and super loud and you're making it so I can't sleep. Do you see all these windows around you? Many of them lead to people's bedrooms! People who would LIKE to sleep. People who would like to keep their windows open since it's the middle of a heat wave and the breeze helps cool these A/C-less apartments. How inconsiderate can you get?

-your very annoyed and awake (and pregnant) neighbour.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 am

Dear Me + Several Yous,

Way to use the skills and pull out of the funk instead of getting sucked in. Good luck keeping it going. I got faith.

Me

Dear You Two,

Could you please make up your mind already? Either lose the weight and officially drop a band size, or gain some mass and fill out the next cup size up. It's bad when the store lady brings me just about every likely size and style and nothing freaking fits. And quit whining to me today about how the new bra is digging in too much. It's your own damn fault. Seriously. Hint -- there's less distance between your present condition and the next size down than there is to the next size up. So lose the weight. You are so. Freaking. Close.

Ill-fitted
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Dear Yous,

I wish you weren't at work. I miss you.

Dear You,

ARGH go away! You make me uncomfortable!

Dear You,

That means you too! Effing migraine!

Dear You,

You can stay. You are fuzzy and cute and with the blast shields down, you can't bark at passers-by.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Dear You,

For a brief moment, I considered using Confessions for this but that's not my style. A line in here feels relevent. At least, I keep going back to that.

-Me

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Dear You,

Thanks to Michael Buble, I don't feel quite so crazy about what's to follow; I believe this is only the second time I've done this, anyway, so it could be worse.

You, whoever you are, whoever you turn out to be, I was thinking about you this morning, all morning, so sure of your existence because at this point, I'll take what I can get in terms of motivation to keep on keeping on. Plus, Jeebsy says you exist and I trust him.

I'd be lying if I said it all started this morning when that song came on -I'll tell you more about it in a bit- but for the purpose of this, that's when it started. I got to work (and wouldn't you believe it? My darn coworker had her McDonalds and I had my banana), put things on my desk, slipped my MP3 player on, and got down to business. Cranky, confused, annoyed, a little bit hopeful and happy if you'll believe it - I'm never any one thing, even if one is dominating. Then the song came on.

I talked to my brother recently, when he was telling me about this girl he had feelings for (she doesn't reciprocate, I just learned) and she said she'd know a guy cared about her when she got flowers from him without asking. I told him Whitney Houston might be happy to learn that, given she wrote a whole song about wanting to know how she'd know if this guy really loved her. And then I told him my way, so that when you come along, whenever, however you do, you can ask him - see, when you've had time to love me, you'll know my little brother has my whole heart wrapped up in a way only a little brother can.

There will be a park, with trees -those are essential- it will be night and hopefully the light pollution isn't so bad I can't see a twinkle here or there if I look. You'll have some dinky little MP3 player and one set of headphones and however you choose to make it happen, you will stick one earbud in my ear and one in yours and you will play this song and whether we're alone or the whole damn city is around us, you'll dance with me. That's it. Free and easy.

In that moment, I will get every karmic payback I sometimes think I deserve, because I'll know what that means.

For every well-intentioned lie, for every malicious lie, for every "you are worth it" followed by "I thought you were," for every inappropriate touch stolen or otherwise, for every comment that was meant to sting, for every harm ever done to me by any male ever...that moment will be my payback.

I will drive you crazy, in good and bad ways, I will be crazy. I will be moody and happy, serious and silly. I will demand crazy straws, swings, hair brushings. I will cry over nothing, because that is my release, the way some people eat, drink, exercise, shut off, shut out.

I will make your life so much better, though, because along with the crazy comes a pretty big heart and it will eventually work out that you get more happiness from me than sadness.

All of that is worth the waiting and the wrong people coming and going. I can be impatient but deep down, I know it's worth it, you're worth it, I'm worth it.

So, whoever you are -and whoever you are will know about Pweb because it's saved me from myself too many times to count, so you will see this one day- be happy knowing that I got through today because of you.

And if my little brother forgets which song it is, ask me. Surprises be damned, I just want to know.

-Alea

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Dear You,

Okay, so not sourcing your content is an easy omission to make, especially when it's going to someone else and your content clearly came from the company upon whom the project is written; but I just realized that's because your 2 pages is nothing more than a summary of an 11 page Annual Report...from 2008! What the f***, man? I...think I'm going to have to write this whole thing from scratch if I want any decent grades...

f*** I'm worried, Bob.

--Cameron

[edit]

Dear You 2,

Direct copy-paste of a quote from an (unsourced, obviously) internet article? Like, a "'blah blah blah' said some person" quote... Are you that stupid? Oh, yeah, now you're trying to tell me that you had 2 "versions".... Am I that stupid? Doesn't really matter, though. Seems I'm the only one here focused on submitting my own work. See below.

--Me

Dear You 3,

I caught you, too. What is with this s***? You DONT need to fill this thing out, the 10 pages is a MAXIMUM. You've got enough content without the s*** you copied.

--Me

Dear Me,

I want to tell you to calm down and not give these people too much s***; but if you can tell it's copied just by reading it, you have every right to fear the electronic submission scanner. Document your protests, just in case.

--You
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:48 am

Dear You,

I keep distance to protect you. I am not the person I once was, and I don't particularly wish to return to that. I can see which direction the compass points, and while some of the points of interest along the way are the same, the underlying motivations are not. You don't need to understand this, or any of the other convoluted reasonings that take place throughout my psyche. Just understand that it is because I wish for your happiness that I remain withdrawn.

--Me

Dear Me,

You know that's all bullshit, right? The idea that you keep people away to protect their feelings rather than your own? Yeah, that's a load of bull and you know it. It may be a legitimate excuse for specific interactions; but you hermitize yourself based on the same logic. You're just as scared to be hurt as you are of hurting others. You're just too proud to admit it.

--You
The password is "guilty"

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Dear You,

How freaked out are you by museums at night? 'Cause I saw this and totally thought of you: From Twitter: @msichicago MSI seeks roommate! Need one adventuresome person to live @ MSI 24-7 for 30 days, take home $10K. www.monthatthemuseum.org .

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:39 pm

:)

Too bad I completely fail at bullet point one of requirements.

Dear You,

*deep breath* Let's try this again, this time with less epic suckiness.

-Yourself

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:07 am

Dear You,

I don't want it to seem like I'm prying answers out of you, or that it's wrong to have your own secrets, or that all I want are the answers and I keep bringing it up. When I asked tonight about the month, you could have easily shrugged it off, told me it was who I was thinking it was, and I would have been fine. I hope it didn't seem like I was demanding answers or anything. I suppose I just never understood the need to keep secrets when the reasoning for doing so is, in my opinion, silly. I understand it is to 'protect' them, but to what end? From what? From whom? I just don't understand, I guess.

In any case, I feel bad about it. I feel like... I approached it wrong, when I didn't even intend to approach it in the first place. I was just trying to think of something to talk about, and that's something that I had wondered about since you said it.

I am sorry.

Wil

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:14 am

Dear you,

I think you're so mean. I think we should try. I think I could need this in my life. I think you're just scared. I think too much.
The password is "guilty"

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Dear you two,

You tried it once before and it failed terribly. If you decide to do it again, try to keep the drama off board. It's very uncomfortable to watch.

- just one opinion
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Dear you two,

You tried it once before and it failed terribly. If you decide to do it again, try to keep the drama off board. It's very uncomfortable to watch.

- just one opinion
I was about to post almost this same DY.
-Kim

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Dear you two,

- just one opinion
I was about to post almost this same DY.

Well, I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in the sentiment...because I just got a *very* nasty PM regarding it.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:45 am

Dear You,

I lead a small, quiet life that would bore you to tears. It has routines, it is predictable, and my reach doesn't extend very far. I crave quiet and not exactly solitude but rather small, intimate interactions. My home is not open to all who pass; only people I care about can enter without changing the atmosphere from peaceful to on edge. When I die, no church will fill up with mourners, no matter how small the church is; it'll be family and only the more immediate portion. While I'm still alive, my phone won't have more than 50 or so contacts, things like FB won't surpass 100.

Yes, you might call me any number of things: introverted, a hermit, anti-social, crazy, unfriendly, boring, a bitch, etc.

There won't be many people who remember me when I'm gone, just as there aren't many people who know me, I mean really know me, now.

But I'll still be a better person than you, even having just said something as awful as that and what is to follow.

I get scared of practically everything but I'm not half the coward you are.

I make mistakes and fail at every turn but I own them all.

I have the courage to stand my ground when you tuck your tail and run.

Shame on you, for helping me learn what it means to trust someone all those years ago only to show me you could be trusted least of all.

When the time comes, I will forgive you, again, and I will trust you, again, knowing exactly how it will turn out, again.

So spend your time making your shallow, fleeting connections, running from every failed attempt to actually carry a person in your heart for longer than it takes to make yourself feel better, for longer than it takes to help yourself forget that you don't do all that you do for any other reason than to feel like you're actually interesting and unique. Because you're not. You are cliche and selfish.

-Me

Dear You,

You are going to regret that in the morning. You regret even thinking it right now.

-You
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Dear You,

I really will try never to be late again! I don't like being late and I try to get there a few minutes early! I promise it was just a one-off! Don't be freaked out and worried, really!

- Still trying to find her shoes

Dear You,

You were a superstar today. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it when we have good days! I like you very much (you kind of remind me of Jane, at times), but you can be utterly exhausting, and on a day when I'm already beat, your good mood is priceless. Plus, I hope you're proud of yourself - there's so much change and stress right now, and I know it's tough on you, but you're doing great!

- Safe-keeper

Dear You,

You're so bad for my plans to come home, have a shower, and crash, you know.

- Addict

Dear You,

You were worth the money. You've already paid for yourself in reduced pain and suffering to my tush. Keep up the good work!

- Your cyclist

P.S. Dear You,

Don't burn yourself out.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:30 pm

dear u
once i realized that u only txted me by accident and thats how u'll ever txt me i realized the friendship had died. thx
The password is "guilty"

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Dear You,

Whoever you are that deleted my last post and whoever you are that bitched about it. I guess only certain people are allowed to use this user name and this thread to vent. Very amusing. I am glad that my account is now inactivated and I'm done with this place, for the time being or forever. I'm not really sure. I have my reasons, but seeing that post deleted was just icing on the cake. So thanks for that guys.

Ed
The password is "guilty"

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ValentineNicole » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Dear you,

You have too many glitches! Stop it!

Me

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:57 pm

Really... are you all just trying to make it look like nothing happened or what?
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ValentineNicole » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:03 am

Dear You,

I'm kind of offended that you suggest my last boyfriend wasn't good enough for me. He probably wasn't, but not because of the reasons you suggest. I don't want to know that my whole MBA class talked about why I was with him. That makes me feel like crap, no matter what you were trying to insinuate. After that comment, I tried very hard not to be insulted.

- Nicole

Dear Male Population,

You're really a lot of fun. In fact, you do fantastic things for my self confidence. I enjoy going out with you on various occasions, and I find your desire to date me flattering.

Regardless, I know I've told every last one of you that I am NOT looking for a boyfriend right now. Just because you offer to buy me drinks, or you pay our bill when I go to the bathroom, or you get there early to buy the movie tickets does NOT mean we're dating. There's a reason I always pay when I get the chance - I don't want to lead you on.

Knock it off! I won't kiss you, and if we dance, it will be face to face. That's just the kind of person I am right now. Please get that. When I'm out, I want to have good time - not have people fight over me!! I am not a prize. I am a person.

- Frustrated that all her friends seem to want more

ETA:

Oh, and PS - STOP DROPPING HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE INTO THE CONVERSATION. I have NO need to know that guy A has $50,000 in the bank, and Guy B makes $60 an hour, and Guy C makes over $100,000. Why does this matter to me???

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Really... are you all just trying to make it look like nothing happened or what?
Things are in discussion.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Dear You,

I'm glad you didn't show up today. I shouldn't have to deal with the consequences of your laziness, and neither should she. When someone else climbed the stairs today, the sudden smiles were very welcome. Enjoy your EI.

- frustrated co-worker

P.S. I'm glad you were sick on my first day so I could see the difference between your lazy ruin of a day and a good, fun day.

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ValentineNicole » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Dear you,

Stop. Calling. Me.

Thanks,
Me

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Dear you,

I'm seeing the new band the lead singer of our old favorite band is now in this weekend, because my mother likes them. I'm hoping it doesn't remind me of you too much, but I associate the original band entirely with your bedroom, and the time my friend got beer spilled all over her at their concert.

Considering I now hate both of you, this shall be interesting.

Me

Return to “Milagre Town Square”