Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:25 am

Dear you,

What I posted in the quote thread has enhanced my understanding of the incomprehensible way you treated me when I needed you. Delusion can really take you far, eh?

me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Dear You,

*hugs*

-- Figures you could use it

Dear You,

Did you see? I hope you see!

-- :D

Dear You,

Please stay awhile, I've missed you. I've missed you so much!

-- Tired of gloom
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Dear You,

I miss you, too.

-human.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:37 am

Dear You,

I know, I know, it doesn't even look like I tried all that hard but I did! I just suck, so I gave up and went with the most obvious yet somehow best looking one. :mrgreen:

That is not the bat signal you were looking for. It definitely is the goat signal, though. Maybe pretend they're having their monthly signal meeting, catching up on old news, seeing how their superheroes are doing. Not that I'm calling you a superhero. No, you're just a wise goat; get a cape and we'll change titles.

Thanks for being an awesome four-letter friend (I have at least 3 of you now; four-lettered friends, not Goats).

Sincerely,
Me
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Wise Goat
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Wise Goat » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Dear You,

-Me

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Showoff.

:mrgreen:

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:10 am

Dear You,

I motion that we officially change the name to WPHEPWEB. I think the S has lost its relevance.

- Charter Member
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Dear Yous,

This was going to be different, it started out differently. I was supposed to come home, sign into FB and pour my overly-emo heart out to someone but as it turns out, I like them too much as a person to burden them that way. For those sick of my s***, don't read further than this.

First, to explain my asking someone else to post for the decathlon stuff, it's really quite innocent and well-intentioned, I think. Work is crazy. The Summer Reading Program started last Tuesday, which seems to have given our patrons the license to be batshit crazy. The fact that we're located less than a mile from our city's homeless shelter, substance rehabilitation centers, and the majority of our affordable mental health practitioners should give you some idea for what they're normally like; right now, they're worse. Our workload has gone up, our hours are the same, coworkers are taking vacations.

I may be asleep well before midnight and the only time I get to sit at work these days, and likely until August, is when I'm forced on the Circ or Info desk (I'll use Meebo there but Pweb is off limits) or during lunch. Unless I'm bugging [insert four-lettered friend here] during lunch, which is/was mostly rare, lunch has turned into "Collect what is left of your sanity" time, in which I mindlessly shovel food in my mouth while staring at the wall. While I get this whole decathlon thing is about a 1 on a scale of 10 for importance to everyone, it means something to me, I want to see it finished, and I figured it was a good time to ask for help to ensure that it gets finished in case I can't come through.

There's that.

On a slightly different, though possibly related, note, work might seem so much harder these days and I may be so much more exhausted because of my home/personal life. I struggle with keeping my lives separate and unfortunately carry the stress from one to the other and back again.

I found myself sitting in a parking lot early one morning recently, in the driver's seat, waiting on my mother who was having an eye exam. She needed me to drive her home and she asked if I would be okay with driving in the city; for her, yes. There I was in my pajamas, tired, window down, music playing. This song comes on and bam! I'm suddenly back in October or November of 2008. Same song, same parking lot. I broke down when I got home.

It reminded me of Brat. I know a lot of you know who he is; I keep up the pretense that it's a mystery out of some weird sense of decency, maybe.

About two weeks ago I made a post about him, in the breakup thread, begging people to forgive me for it not actually being a breakup and me hoping I wasn't offending people by comparing the emotional fallout with that of a breakup. I deleted that post because, well, I don't know why. It made it too real, it scared me, to admit (for the millionth time) that I need to be finished with him.

It's been so much easier making excuses for him, making excuses for me, rationalizing this and that, trying to give him credit where he deserves it, apologizing for what is obviously a shortcoming on my part, than to admit that maybe the whole friendship became a mistake after we both failed to handle my romantic feelings properly. That's right, both of us failed to handle that properly.

What he has failed to understand, the thing that has hurt the most this past year, was not that he possibly doesn't/didn't return my feelings, it wasn't even that he went from being there for me every single day and actively interested/concerned to not showing up some days and seeming to no longer give a s*** when he was around, the part that hurt the most was his insistence on keeping me at arm's length with all his f****** secrets. He won. He gets to keep those. There is only so much chasing and pouring out of energy a person can try before they just can't anymore.

It's going to be ugly for me, dealing with this. I've never done it alone before and this boy has been so inextricably tied up in my whole arrest ordeal that I am scared now. Really, really scared. He was a fun distraction when it started and has been mostly/partially around for me since then. More than any other person, at any rate. What do I do with that now? Someone could try to step in but I can't just pretend that it's the same, that they "saw" me stumble, crash and burn as often as he did. Anyone stepping in now would have witnessed what I put on the board, could hear me retell it, but it's not the same. I don't want to sound ungrateful for those who try and have tried.

Going through the act of driving (less than a mile, less than 2 minutes), realizing it's time to let go of the whole Brat era, has resulted in me looking at my life.

Guys, I got arrested. f***. That seems so small, so not-a-big-deal, so 2 years ago, so get-over-it-already, so this-dead-horse-has-been-beaten-plenty. But I can't escape, I can't stop reminding people that I can't escape.

I wake up, go to work, come home and pass the time until bed, then repeat. I can't hop in the car and drive myself to Target. I can't call up my friends here because they let it ring through to VM and otherwise ignore attempts to reach out. I'm sorry I hurt them, however I did it. My mother is my source of outings from my house but even she has her limits; she needs to have a life, too. Soccer season is over until December, exercise class was permanently canceled last October. My life is work, sleep, and whatever cheap entertainment I can scrounge up for myself.

So you know what I see when I look at my life? I see failure, excuses, jealousy (yeah, I'm that big of an a****** that I am jealous of people who have lives and things to do), anger, desperation. Repetition. Boredom.

I am so damn tired of myself, dealing with myself, forcing others to deal with me, being in my head, that I would for once like to meet someone who hates me more than I hate myself or even begins to approach it. No one will do that for me, which just may be the most pathetic thing about me and my situation yet. Sure, sure, a whole slew of people in the county attorney's office and at my old district may hate me but that's only when we come together again under the same roof. I don't see it everyday, I don't feel it everyday and God, do I want to. There's a certain comfort in doom and gloom for me. I'm sick like that.

So goes the cycle of thoughts in my head whenever something cracks my optimism/hopefulness. This is who I am, all of this unnecessary drama, all this arrogance that makes me think this bullshit and I matter. I keep it to myself as long as I can (not all that long a lot of the time, I know), and then I fall apart for the world to see. It's the only way I have left of proving to myself that I still exist and that I'm not a waste of life.

Why am I telling you all all of this? I was about to make the mistake of telling it to one person, of trying to convince myself I could rely on just one person, of trying to force it all on one person. As I said above, I like them too much as a person to do that, not to mention I am burned from the whole relying on one person shtick.

Anyway, I've gone on long enough. I thought I'd share; how's that for transparency, Obama administration?

Sincerely,
Me

P.S. I'm sorry for being a part of your lives in even a minor role. People don't deserve having to put up with me.

Dear You,

PM about the part I left off here on its way.

-Chicken

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 pm

*hugs*

I wish I had been able to talk when you called last night, or at least gotten home a decent time to return your call.

You are not a burden or an inconvenience, you dork. I enjoy and appreciate you and your company. I know I've practically fallen off the face of the world (or at the very least, the internet), but you have my number and I know you know, however much you may try to convince yourself otherwise, that you are welcome to call me anytime day or night for any reason, from idle chit-chat to ranting and blowing off steam. If you can put up with my awkward, inadequate attempts at some semblance of verbal communication, I'm sure I can handle anything you throw at me. = )
The enemy's fly is down.

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:53 pm

Dear you,

So you picked a date and told me I had better be around. For some reason this now means I have taken an open invitation to post stuff on your facebook wall. Carry on. Maybe I want to cause drama by not really being in it, but maybe being an issue---you text her 20 times a day, you chat with her online for hours, you have plans to see her as soon as she's in the state. I am being worse about it again, now that you've told me details and told me to go. But part of me knows it was never going to happen between us since I was chasing you down the halls of my freshman year dorm and my roommate told me you obviously liked me and I thought that that was nice but not really real. So we spent two days just constantly in each other's presence and imagining ourselves in the city and you slept on my floor.

And we've only spent less than 56 hours total in each other's presence since those days. But I hope you'll meet me at your grandfather's restaurant and one of us'll end up in tears. Maybe its because I can't do anything, now that you're avoiding spending money on food to pay for her ring.

M
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:27 am

Dear You,

[You're] makin' [your] way back to Chicago;
[you're] makin' [your] way, come rain or shine.
[You're] gonna find true love waiting for [you];
gonna make it all work out for good this time.

(I caught the chorus of Back to Chicago by Styx on the radio today, thought of you, and thought you might like it.)

-Me
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:42 am

Dear You,
Please stop talking. Just stop talking. Stop.Talking.
The reason I have realized that there is no point in arguing with you, is because you just won't shut the f*** up. A conversation has two sides.
You have no argument ettiquette. All you do is talk, without letting the other person talk. It's annoying - and really quite immature. If I interrupted you everytime you were going to talk, you'd blow a gasket.
You're selfish as f***, and it's f****** annoying.

Furthermore, all your fears are born of ignorance. I know you aren't of the times, but please, try to display some common sense. I get it, you have no f****** clue how a computer works, so all your thoughts are grasping at straws. The sudden blue tint on our computer has nothing to do with the desktop.
Logically, if it did, we wouldn't be able to wiggle a few wires in the back to fix it. We'd have to change the actual programs on our desktop.
Please keep up with the common sense logic, Kthnx.

Lastly, you say we have to be careful because we aren't expert computer technicians are whatever. Do you not even know what the f****** internet is? It's the summation of most of the knowledge of our day and age. People from all different backgrounds provide information to it.
This includes the people with the computer know how, necessary to give advice on computers.
So, you can't deny the validity of the basic research of searching google.
According to different sources, the problem is probably our old monitor that we haven't replaced in five or so years OR we may need a new video card.

Not only does that correspond with the fact that we can simply wiggle a few wires to fix it, but with the fact that, again, our computer monitor is old as f*** passed its prime.

Fear is born of ignorance, yes, I understand. The only way to combat that is with actual knowledge, through research. Wisdom is the tool to fight ignorance, and thus, fear.

However, if you're too irrationally paranoid and illogical to use the knowledge we have at our very f****** fingertips, then you will never find a way to fend off the fear. If your fear can't even be slightly quieted with logic, then you're f****** screwed.

And that - is the single reason why you not only are not worth arguing with, but not worth listening to.

-Me
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:48 am

Styx
I meant to say this sooner:

Styx is the greatest American rock band and the only reason the critics never say so is because they're all cynical assholes.

Not so cute because I'm not a 4 year old little boy with a stutter but p-p-please don't hold that against me.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Dear you,

Have you seen them in concert? I did once along with REO. Awesome.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Dear Nice Old Gent in the Truck,

Thanks. I didn't need help (and certainly not an ambulance!), but I did need your kindness. Also, the water was nice, too. It all was warmly and gratefully appreciated. You help me believe people are decent, and that's appreciated too.

-- The Girl on the [strike]Bike[/strike] Sidewalk

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm missing posts left and right.
Dear you,

Have you seen them in concert? I did once along with REO. Awesome.

I haven't seen them in concert and while I do appreciate the music of theirs I've heard, I was ripping on a quote or two from Big Daddy. :)

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:19 am

Dear Yous,

Maybe someday you'll understand me better. Someday you'll realise that my refusal to indulge in emotional outbursts and my attempts to model affability don't mean I am passive or lazy or unconcerned. And maybe someday you'll understand what I am doing, and how hard it is, and how much I wish I could be doing something - anything - else.

Maybe when I start coming home with stories you'll understand the toll this work takes on me. Or maybe you'll learn some other way. Who knows, my mom did. I hope you don't get to learn what this does to me the hard way, when I lose the ability to function affably. Hopefully not when I burst into hysterical tears because we're changing which mass we go to.

But more for my sake than yours. Right now I almost feel you've earned "the hard way".

-- Me

P.S. Don't f****** judge me and my call not to go into work with vulnerable persons when I've inexplicably vomited on the roadside. At that point, it's my job not to go into work. F*** you and your concern for my health.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:37 am

Dear You (Yous? Probably You),

Thank you for giving me a shot a year ago, when no one else was willing to take that risk on me. Thank you for giving me another reason to wake up every day, when all I wanted was to curl up and fade away. I hope I've been a good investment. Cheers.

Gratefully,
Me

PS Give me a flipping break on the file cabinet. It's kind of tall when compared to me but I think I can manage to reach inside the top drawer without a boost or offers to lower it to the second highest shelf. Sheesh. :P

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:49 am

Dear Jon Stewart,

In light of the fact that I am getting married in fewer than four months, I must inform you that I have to give up my long-cherished dream of someday having your babies. (Ignoring the fact that you seem to be happily married with children. And that you have no idea who I am. Whatever.)

I know. They would've been beautiful. (And so smart and so funny!) Try not to think about it.

I want you to know that I shall always look back fondly on that too-long deferred dream of my twenties. No, no, don't try to convince me to change my mind. It's for the best. Please understand. I sincerely hope that we can remain good platonic one-sided TV friends. You are forever on the invite-list to my pretend tea-parties with famous people.

This week of watching your new shows on my DVR in the mornings has given me a reason to get up and get going. You make me laugh when BP makes me cry. I won't forget that.

I hope you will consider ensuring your genetic survival with some of my beautiful, single, liberal friends. Call me for details.

Best,
Monogamous in Kansas
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Dear Mich,

I wanted to give this link to you some time ago; I had trouble finding it for some reason. I don't recall exactly what it was in response to, but something you said about some desired superpower or something.

Anyway, this: http://tailsteak.com/archive.php?num=496 , the section starting with "I don't know. I guess I just think about words and phrases more than most people" (though I find all of it interesting to read; Mason Williams is cool)

-me
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Dear You,

You told me you were moving in with her. You told me when you're getting married and you rubbed it in my face and told me I had better be in town. Because as we know that's much more of a question mark, whether or not I'll actually be around. You told someone else that you wanted to spend your life with her and you knew it now and you knew she would be willing to leave with you .

You always tell me you think you're getting fat. I wonder if this is to elicit the response of oh you're not, but really, I think you are a bit too. I remember you so skinny and shirtless, two years ago and we've all come so very far from that. I remember that night ended terribly with me walking out of the room with you and your friends discussing if you wanted to go to a party that night and I gave some excuse of how I had to get on the road in the morning, but that was really a lie. I wonder if you tell me these things about your self image because you want pity or you want me to not find you attractive anymore. Maybe if you would try to hook me up with more of your friends, your friends who really are more attractive than you. Maybe if they weren't so mean and didn't find me annoying when I'm drunk. I don't think you find me annoying when I'm drunk. I remember three years ago when we were celebrating my birthday and K's, I think it is two years to the day. I remember we were outside by one of the campus monuments and I was on the ground and T had my phone after N had it, and N had called you John or some other name that wasn't yours, and then T told you that I loved you. I was so mad at T for a few moments but it was the truth and back then, things like that mattered.

I told you I was opening my present from K and how I liked it so much and you told me "happy birthday" and I told you it wasn't for a few more days. And you said that you had thought that was right, but anyways, you were a bad friend. I think you've only bought me dinner, once or twice. I got you a tshirt once. K and I always exchange gifts. But this may have more to do with the fact our birthdays are 4 days apart.

I remember that two years ago we were going to move together across the country and we were going to be so incredibly close to each other. And now you say one of the reasons you love her is because she'll move with you but why do you want to marry her in over a year less than 10 miles from where you've lived your entire life?

So now I'm crying and you probably don't even care. I wanted you to be so many things to me and now I can see that you're none of those and don't want to be. You had me fooled. I don't care about all the times you left me somewhere or I left you somewhere that one of us didn't live and the other did and I don't care how awkward all those times were and how quiet they were and how you looked standing watching me drive away 3ish years ago and how its never quite been the same since then, except this time last year, where you invited me over to your house late at night and I said no because I didn't feel well.

I don't wonder about what would have happened if I said yes. Not as much, at least, anymore.
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:30 am

Dear you all,

I'm trying really hard to be accommodating and I want to move out at least as much as you want your house to yourselves. But it's not very feasible right now, and I would appreciate it if you would refrain from joking about us moving out. We are here by your invite, and I know that work dropping off has made things a lot more difficult, but we are still here by your invite and right now I really don't feel very welcome; but there's nowhere else we can go right now.

I really want to live in peaceful co-existence; please help me by keeping your attention on doing the same? I know you are to a large degree, but sometimes it still feels like we are being viewed as a source of aggravation and irritation almost just by being here.

~me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:58 am

Dear you, I like hanging out with you, but you are expensive. also you are still in (law) school and live far away.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Dear You,

Thank you for that. I know I cursed at you before, after, and during; but I'm really glad you forced me to do that. You gave me a perfect opportunity to get revenge on you for trying to make me embarrass myself, and I took it. Sure, it meant showing to everyone that I can sing, on key and pitch, Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson; but it also meant getting to prove to myself (partially through others) that I am as good as I think I am. That, and the look of each of your faces as you individually realized the reason that they couldn't distinguish multiple voices was pretty priceless. Thank you for laughing at me, too. I know it'd be a pretty funny sight to see, and having good laughter associated with my singing in front of people is a good thing for me. Not to mention the fact that I know laughter is a release of sexual tension. It felt good, and continues to feel good, to show a little more and receive more approval from multiple people. I feel as though I've never had that positive environment before, so thank you for being a part of that. You've now seen me go from Lupe to Clarkson...and know I can hold my ground. I'm actually a little proud of that myself. Yeah, I know that probably makes me a little 'gay,' if you want to use that derogatory term that I've spent my life running away from because I, too, draw the parallels; except for the key component of "I have no interest whatsoever in being with a man." As you know, I don't really care what you think.

I am, however, grateful for the experiences in which you have forced me out more.

--Me
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Dear You,

You know, you don't have to go to all that trouble to make me understand. You don't like in-town driving when it's hot outside. I understand that. I don't like it, either. Overheating was unnecessary. Refusing to let the AC put out anything but roasting hot air for the last half of the highway trip (and the first half of the trip back) was entirely unnecessary tantrumming and pouting. It ill becomes you. You're what, nine years old now?

Your driver
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Dear You,

You can add yourself to my list of people who better not run into me in a dark alley someday. You disgust me. You are beneath contempt.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Dear You and You,

Please, please stay away from me. Out of sight, out of mind, out of stupid organ. I can't do this alone.

Sincerely,
Alea

Dear You,

No more cookie dough + chocolate milk ever, but especially after 10. Sleep is fun. Racing thoughts, not so much.

Love,
Me

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Dear You,

I miss you, too.
But I can't tell you 'cause you frighten me

--Me
The password is "guilty"

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:46 am

Sort of a double post, but... oh well.

Dear You,

I'm mad at you. Actually, no, that's a lie. I'm more sad than angry, and I don't understand. With the hits my self-image has taken in the past year I do, in a way, blame myself. For what? For being socially awkward? But I always have been, and I've improved, and it's really no reason for not keeping in touch with me. So then I try to imagine other reasons, but, excuse me, I'm not obsessive. No more than is even outwardly normal (!) in people my age. So, as always, I am left worried and wondering. No doubt this would've affected me more if it still had any relevance to my life, but it doesn't, and maybe it's for the best. Graduation is all about leaving the past behind, and I've internalized that approach quite well for the parts I'd like to leave behind. Maybe it's time to utilize it for the good parts as well, the ones I never want to forget.

me
The password is "guilty"

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:13 am

Dear You,

I keep forgetting how much I love and miss you. And then I talk to you (never long enough) and I remember the million and one things I want to tell you, preferably over a bottle of wine and a plate of soft cheese. But the phone card runs out, and we've both got things to do, and there's no chance of a long walk by the river. I hope I see you soon. My life's poorer without you in it.

-- Kiddo

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 am

Dear You,

I love you, but you are just plain wrong about this, dear. Yes, speeding will get me there faster. It's plain old high school physical science. D = rt. t = D/r. The faster I go, the sooner I get there. Back when I had a speedometer and was driving to Fargo a couple of times per week, I would calculate how fast I needed to go to get there on time (or at only 10 minutes after). Rate affects time. This is a fact. It affects time qualitatively more when you are going longer distances, as I do every single day.

You're right, I don't need the tickets, and it doesn't always get me there so much sooner as to justify the potential risk of income-loss.

But it does get me there sooner. Which is usually the point.

Love,

Me
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Dear You,

You've no idea how much your small kindness has kept my spirits up and helps me feel connected to "home". I wish I could think of something sufficiently awesome to thank you with when I see you again.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Dear You,

I guess when I told you that I knew you were lying and want nothing to do with you. That we were never friends, this only happened because you were fun and easy. That I never had any real prospects of dating you. I guess you didn't believe that or it just didn't get through the thick thatch work of lies that you have built around yourself. But either way, I was serious. So for the third time, I am going to say, "Have a nice life. I truly do wish you the best, but I can't put up with this bullshit in my life."

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Dear You,

I resent never getting a kitten.

Dear You,

I'm reasonably happy at this point in my life, and I find it deeply saddening that you are not. You're certainly not worthless, and I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.

-Me

Dear You,

I'm sad to say I never met you. I think you're a very neat person, but I don't think you ever reciprocated the thought, and now you've left and I'll never get the chance to prove you otherwise. Alas.

-Fargo

Dear You,

Every time I catch a bike whipping past out of the corner of my eye, I check to see if it's you. The longest conversation lasted about two minutes and was horribly awkward. I wish it could have ended differently.

-Fencer

Dear You,

It's impressive how effectively we avoided each other for four years. You left, and we said our goodbyes and mentioned how we were sad to not have become better friends. Now you're back in town, and we continue to avoid each other. I'll probably never really know you, and that fact is something of a strange relief.

-Down the Hall

Dear You,

You never made any sense. Ever. I'm glad you're gone. I'm tired of trying to understand you.

-One Floor Down

Dear You,

I love you. I'm not sure why. You're contradictory, childish, impetuous, disagreeable, not a morning person, you read books I consider trash, lazy, bad with money, needy, impulse driven, and sore sport when you don't get what you want. And yet, somehow, I'm in love with you. Damn. Perhaps living together for a year will change that...

-The Overweight, Mostly Naked Guy Sprawled Out On Your Bed.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Dear You,

I guess it's lucky I forgot my phone because I'd be tempted to call or text for a status update, and I don't want to be that a****** who gets your hopes up, making you think I'm her. On the flip side, if you've tried getting ahold of me because you're nervous, I can't help you. Bah.

Either way, good luck. You're a good kid and I know the last one was messy and this one might go down in flames before it's even started but you've got heart. Worst case scenario, it goes terribly and you're out of Tucson and here with me for the weekend, meaning I can be dumb for your amusement. Or distract you, same difference.

Can't wait to find out how it goes.

Love,
Leaster

Dear Yous,

Is it really so much to ask that you don't act crazy and that the police aren't called before we even open? Get a grip.

-Person trying to work

Return to “Milagre Town Square”