ESP(Web)N

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:39 pm

But we're a #1 seed for the NIT, so basketball season isn't entirely over.
I'd wish them luck but I'm still bent way out of shape about 2005. :P
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 31, 2010 2:22 pm

Game 2 is tonight for the Blackhawks and the Flyers. I'm just superstitious enough when it comes to sports to think I shouldn't watch, since I didn't watch game one and they won. I had the TV on Los Suns game (god damned Lakers; go Celtics!) and the Blackhawks updates through NHL.com.

Since I can't repeat the conditions, I may just have to watch to show Chicago my love.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 2:57 pm

Ugh.

Boston versus Los Angeles AGAIN. I hate BOTH teams AND their fans. Celtic fans are bitchy and entitled and Laker fans are either bandwagoners or hoity-toity douchebags.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Mon May 31, 2010 3:40 pm

HOW ABOUT THOSE PADRES. I can't believe they are actually winning. Though, the team of my current city is kind of flailing. I need to decide if I'm going to a game this week and its like...oh.

I am actually getting antsy for college football season. Have to decide what games to go to!! One of the games I will be at so I can war with my little brother & mother goes on sale tomorrow though I think I might get the tickets through my school. I am so excited for our sibling rivalry to extend into football rivalry!!!

I am sad I am leaving here before the Pete Carroll-stealing Seahawks start up. I want to see if they are good!
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Hey, a SD fan. :)

For MLB, I split my allegiance three ways: Padres, Diamondbacks, and the Cubs. Yep I love me some losers.

My little brother surprised me when he told me he was a Phillies/Pirates fan. I'm still asking where in the hell that came from.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Mon May 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Game 2 is tonight for the Blackhawks and the Flyers. I'm just superstitious enough when it comes to sports to think I shouldn't watch, since I didn't watch game one and they won. I had the TV on Los Suns game (god damned Lakers; go Celtics!) and the Blackhawks updates through NHL.com.

Since I can't repeat the conditions, I may just have to watch to show Chicago my love.
The only response that I can muster for this post is "Grrrrrr".
Boston versus Los Angeles AGAIN. I hate BOTH teams AND their fans. Celtic fans are bitchy and entitled and Laker fans are either bandwagoners or hoity-toity douchebags.
Word. Actually you can flip your descriptions of each fanbase around and it still works.

megxers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby megxers » Mon May 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Yay!! We are few and far between!

My alliances are split between the Mariners, the Padres, the Angels and the As.

And I might be a fan of certain other Southern Californian teams. *Ducks*
Your life anymore

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon May 31, 2010 9:15 pm

I don't even speak Mariners any more ! :cry:

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:49 am

Cubs. Yep I love me some losers.
Quoted for truth.

PS -- Whatever you did yesterday during the game, keep doing it.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:17 am

Well, i support LA because Pau Gasol is in it XD
ÑBA ftw!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Cubs. Yep I love me some losers.
Quoted for truth.
Hey, I told you to give me 1-3 seasons to turn them around and I'm pretty sure that doesn't start until I get there.
PS -- Whatever you did yesterday during the game, keep doing it.
During the game? I had no idea why I was doing it but for you, I "grew" a moustache and beard - I make a hideous male and there now exists proof of this, which will never ever see the light of day.

I then told the Universe, "I will lose a friend over this but I've chosen to use this as a sign; if I'm meant to move to Chicago in two years, you'll have the Blackhawks win."

This was followed up by proclamations that both teams must feast on babies for breakfast the way some athletes consume raw eggs; Carcillo scares the bejesus out of me; and I'll be damned if hockey players don't have the best eyes I've ever seen in the entire human race.

Other than that, a lot of sitting and trying to learn what was going on. I failed at the latter.

ETA: Oh! I also squealed every time they showed a city shot.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:15 am

so we won't find out tomorrow what kind of hammer is going to drop on USC. argh.

I predict somewhat mild sanctions. loss of five scholarships for three years, no change in win/loss records, loss of Reggie's Heisman trophy, possibly a one year bowl game ban, Mike Garrett stepping down as AD would be a nice bonus.

In other news, rumors of a Pac16 superconference just swept in, and it is by far the most excellent and perfect expansion plan I've heard.

The jist is that Colorado, Texas Tech, TA&M, Texas, OK, and OK St all join the pac 10. Those six teams join with AZ teams to make one division, and the original Pac 8 teams make up the other division.

This is very smart because of recruiting markets. In most pac 10 expansion plans that add colorado and Utah there is a tendency to divide the division on a north south line. None of the northern schools will ever agree to such a scenario because it means they only play in the southern california recruiting market every other year, rather than every year as it is now. Likewise if the initial texas expansion plan of nabbing TX and A&M for the pac 10 you'd have a similar problem of everyone wanting to play in both the texas and socal recruiting market every year. This expansion essentially solves all the recruiting problems. With three TX teams and four CA teams every team from each division will play in the prime recruiting states of the conference every year. Additionally, adding the Oklahoma teams opens up the trifecta of lucrative recruiting states (neither a powerhouse on their own but taken together quite substantial) of Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.

More significantly than recruiting, though, are the TV possibilities of such a deal, currently TV contracts pay about 22 million to Big 10 member schools, but the crappier TV contracts of the Big 12 and Pac 10 only pay about 5-6 million to member schools (depending on conference) A super conference that captures the entire west, coast, the entire state of TX, The Oklahoma/Kansas/Missouri Kansas city Market, and the Denver Markets into a single conference will be worth absolute millions. At a minimum I would think that a TV contract for such a conference would pay out 25 million to each of the 16 member schools, and possibly as much as 30 million/school. When you think of the money boost, the schools would be stupid not to opt to join the pac 10 in the expansion

On a side note, it is entirely possible that the two conferences will join together for a joint TV contract, perhaps establishing a big12/pac10 network along the lines of the big10 network and be able to get nearly as good a deal as the super conference, probably earning close to 20 million/school for the 22 schools in such a TV deal. This may be the most likely thing to happen.

But the big wrench in the situation is academics. BYU has never been on the table for expansion talks because their academics don't measure up as a research university (and they won't play sports on Sunday, epic fail) Conversely that's why Colorado and Utah have been consistently at the tip top of expansion talk, because their research academics are so excellent they're a good match for the rest of the pac10. All the pac10 schools have a right to veto and Stanford and Berkeley may be rather unimpressed with Tech, and Ok ST especially. They could very well put the kibosh on the whole thing. The hope is that the money will persuade them to not be quite as academically snobby as their expected to be (hell maybe if Stanford decides it wants to be snobby the rest of the pac 10 votes to kick them out of the conference and take Utah instead, since stanford can afford the loss of money and doesn't care much about football as the other schools and the state schools could really use every extra dime. :)

In any event expansion talk suddenly got very exciting.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:53 am

I then told the Universe, "I will lose a friend over this but I've chosen to use this as a sign; if I'm meant to move to Chicago in two years, you'll have the Blackhawks win."
Does that mean if the Flyers win that you will move to Philly?

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:24 am

Until she gets in one little fight and her ma' gets scared and sends her to live with her auntie and uncle in Bel Air.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:14 am

I tell you what; if the Flyers win -and I say that's unlikely, since I won't miss the first period this game on account of having the day off and not having to bike myself home- I'd consider it, though I'd have to scout the city first.

But this is all crazy talk. The Universe wants me in Chicago, right Universe? Right.

In other sports news, World Cup starts soon! One week, one week.

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:18 am

In other sports news, World Cup starts soon! One week, one week.
Woooo!
Go Spain!
Go Portugal!

also:
Go Lakers!
Go Nadal next sunday! (he just won the semi-final match of Roland Garros.)

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:22 am

It seems fitting but still sad to see Griffey retire from the M's. I recall how pissed I was when he left the team the first time for a better chance to play in a world series . Now it sucks to see such a great athlete retire at such a low point , it's gotta suck to be known for sleeping in the clubhouse or asleep on the pot when there looking for ya out on the field ! :cry:

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:31 am

Until she gets in one little fight and her ma' gets scared and sends her to live with her auntie and uncle in Bel Air.
Not sure if this is a joke, an attempt at trash talk or what. Either way it is overdone and not very funny, but good effort.
I tell you what; if the Flyers win -and I say that's unlikely, since I won't miss the first period this game on account of having the day off and not having to bike myself home
Overconfidence will be your downfall.
Last edited by Eddie Pinz on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:43 am

Not sure if this is a joke, an attempt at trash talk or what. Either way it is overdone and not very funny, but good effort.
I find your lack of love for old memes... disturbing.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Jota, I'm trying to like you for posting that SW/meme stuff but you are a Lakers fan and that is akin to being a Yankees fan, and I just won't stand for it.

I tell you what; if the Flyers win -and I say that's unlikely, since I won't miss the first period this game on account of having the day off and not having to bike myself home
Overconfidence will be your downfall.
Oh, don't misconstrue things here. It's not overconfidence; it's desperate need. It's not quite as dumb as pinning my future on the outcome of, say, a Cubs win but it's not too much better.

But what I'm really getting from that is "Overconfidence will result in Chicago losing, meaning you'd have to consider Philly." Are you trying to tell me Philly = my downfall? I shall keep that in mind. :mrgreen:

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Jota, I'm trying to like you for posting that SW/meme stuff but you are a Lakers fan and that is akin to being a Yankees fan, and I just won't stand for it.
8) There there, you can also support the Lakers if you want. *hands over a lakers flag*

Lakers in bball, Saints in football and redsox in baseball :D that's all there is to me :lol:

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:10 pm

But what I'm really getting from that is "Overconfidence will result in Chicago losing, meaning you'd have to consider Philly." Are you trying to tell me Philly = my downfall? I shall keep that in mind. :mrgreen:
Well assuming that moving to Philly would mean hanging out with me, than yes it very well could be your downfall. I tend to have that effect on women.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:24 pm

you can also support the Lakers if you want.
Don't want. Definitely don't want.
Well assuming that moving to Philly would mean hanging out with me, than yes it very well could be your downfall. I tend to have that effect on women.
I like multiple choice.

Then it's a good thing that:

A) Chicago is going to win.

B) I only said I'd consider it if Chicago loses, which means I could very well flip the Universe off and move to Chicago against its wishes.

C) zero lost his penis and I intend to find it, so I can use it to become a Pweb bachelor (read: male).

I personally like A and B.

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Don't want. Definitely don't want.
Do you mean this?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:56 pm

*laughs*

I have to ask: Is there a school for nerds like you, zero, Satya, Mich, etc. where they teach you when/where/why/what/how to use those images?

megxers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby megxers » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:01 pm

so we won't find out tomorrow what kind of hammer is going to drop on USC. argh.
I told my mother she was dumb to buy season tickets.

ETA: In other questionable ticket purchase news, I'm probably going to a Mariners game tomorrow.
Last edited by megxers on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your life anymore

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:04 pm

it's called 4chan.
But you have to forfeit your mortal soul when you enter there, so i wouldn't advice that a good, kind-hearted person like your enter there. ;)

I dunno, i haven't been there for so long, that i am almost clean now (or so i want to think :lol:)

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:54 pm

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:54 pm

I told my mother she was dumb to buy season tickets.

ETA: In other questionable ticket purchase news, I'm probably going to a Mariners game tomorrow.
One is never dumb to buy season tickets. Even if we lose lots of scholarships and have to forfeit some games and are banned from bowls for a year or two we still will play excellent football in the regular season.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Flipping between UofA/Tennessee softball (semi-finals) and the Blackhawks game when that starts.

UofA is down 1 but it's only the top of the third, so there's time, and one AZ AB took 15 or 16 pitches, so Tennessee's pitcher was starting to look a bit tired. Then again, UofA is having pitching issues; Fowler is walking a lot of people and doing illegal throws, so who the hell knows.

Tennessee just scored, f***. Down by 2.

All I know is someone I'm cheering on better win for me tonight.

(And I did the 5 Our Ditkas and the 1 Hail Jordan, mister)

ETA: AZ tied it up in the bottom of the 3rd, w0ot!

megxers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby megxers » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:22 am

Alea, you had better be celebrating :)

But I will be sad if the Pac-10 expansion means we never play Zona in football anymore. So much more interesting than the Reno roadtrip I'm currently mulling for football season.
Your life anymore

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:02 am

Yay Blackhawks.

Not because I like Chicago, but because I dislike Philadelphia, it's sports teams, and it's fans.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:37 am

Yay Blackhawks.

Not because I like Chicago, but because I dislike Philadelphia, it's sports teams, and it's fans.
And we dislike you. So go f*** yourself.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:53 am

"You" as in who? Me, individually? lol. How's it feel to get that close to a Stanley Cup and fail? I can just imagine ten years down the road... "Who lost to the Blackhawks again? IDK, I don't remember..."

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:58 am

Yes, you personally as well of all the other Philadelphia haters.

And awww Satya, that hurts especially coming from you. I'm crying now.

Edit:

Not to mention, anyone that actually uses the phrase "IDK" instead of I don't know, should probably be beaten to death with a large sausage.
Last edited by Eddie Pinz on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”