Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:30 pm

Watching my bro play God of War 3.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:59 am

justasplanned.jpg

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:39 am

Hey there all you gamers,

Anyone want a old controller style case for their DS? I made one a while ago, pictures are in this thread and now I lost my DS. First one who wants it, gets it.
I'll mail it to you for free, as long as you live in North America (sorry jota and Bonito!). Let me know here and then PM me your address.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:53 am

(double post!!!1!!)

I said I wasn't going to, because it makes me feel like such a man-child, but my friend talked me into purchasing... Pokémon SoulSilver. And it's... it's... great. Just as expected.

Just. As. Expected. I'm such a sucker.
I feel exactly the same way (except I would buy Pokemon HeartGold, because that was my first GBC game and I like nostalgia). Why must I be broke? :cry:

Also: the Ho-Oh on the cover on HeartGold looks like something was just shoved up it's..you know. And it's making me laugh.
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:31 pm

Pokémon should stop coming out with new games. I swear every time a new one comes out my boyfriend disappears. Nothing I do or offer can get him to put it down. And with Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 2, AND SoulSilver out, I've barely talked to him and not once have I talked to him without him playing at the same time.

Though FFVII has been taking over my life for the past few days. But I miss Aerith too much..

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Hey there all you gamers,

Anyone want a old controller style case for their DS? I made one a while ago, pictures are in this thread and now I lost my DS. First one who wants it, gets it.
I'll mail it to you for free, as long as you live in North America (sorry jota and Bonito!). Let me know here and then PM me your address.
Omg, JL, if I got that I would love you forever. More.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:54 pm

It's yours, Mich. I was guessing you'd be the one to want it. It's not high quality, so I figured I'd give it away for free. Enjoy!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:00 pm

In return, Jeff will send you a paper craft and thus begins the Pweb Craft Exchange.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Hey, that would be a fun thing to start!

I bet those paper craft things are impossible to mail, whereas mine folds easily into a letter envelope.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm

It's yours, Mich. I was guessing you'd be the one to want it. It's not high quality, so I figured I'd give it away for free. Enjoy!
I actually refrained from calling dibs because I figured he'd want it more.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:55 pm

You just didn't want me stalking you through Google street view like I'm doing to Mich right now.
I mean... whoops.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm pretty sure Google doesn't send the street view people to towns with less than 30,000 people. Especially when the University's enrollment is 21,000.
Last edited by Syphon the Sun on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:33 pm

If my parents' house is on street view in a town of 1200, I'd be surprised if the Google van hasn't been to your relatively large college town.
The enemy's fly is down.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:40 pm

I think it would go the way of the Book/Movie club if we tried; it might have nice interest initially but would die out. Not that I'd mind being proven wrong, even just once. :mrgreen:
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Quote Mania

Postby Wind Swept » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Prepare for quote mania. ahem
For PC I was working on my Mass Effect 2 Insanity run. Man, is that game awesome. The only thing I didn't like was not having a million drops to sort over and debate internally which was the best. I love that kind of inventory management, and am sad to see it replaced by a simple "You found an upgrade for SMGs! It is the second upgrade, and you will never find a better one! All SMGs are now upgraded to do more damage."
I only acquired an Xbox 360 over the summer, and I run a Mac, so I didn't catch Mass Effect the first time around. What I did end up doing was playing ME and ME2 back to back over the course of maybe three weeks. I then started an Insanity run which I immediately lost interest in. My primary goal is to get in Kelly's pants, but I thought I'd try out the Renegade path as well. I will come back to it over the summer, perhaps.

What I would love to see in the third game is something halfway between the inventory system of the first two games. I liked having lots of choices on weapons and armor and everything, but I absolutely despised hitting the 150 item limit over and over and over again. Bleh.

Other than that, I absolutely loved both games. I can't wait for the hovercraft DLC to come out. And as long as the new character is free through the Cerberus Network as well, bring it on.
Guys, I left my DS with Scribblenauts in it in the seat pocket of an airplane. Your video game talk makes me want to cry.
I love Scribblenauts. I got all excited about Drawn to Life before it came out, and then was mostly disappointed by it. Scribblenauts, on the other hand, is absolutely fantastic and I cannot wait for the Wii-bound sequel to come out.
(...) and my friend with a PS3 said that I needed to play Heavy Rain while I was down. Took about ten hours, and it was amazing. Immersive, characters you grow to really care for, extremely, extremely painful moments... and both good and bad endings.
This is one of the very few games that has made me tentatively eye up the PS3. The Penny Arcade guys were absolutely drooling over its release, and I'm usually in agreement with what they perceive to be good games. Alas, Heavy Rain is still not enough to make a PS3 purchase worthwhile.
(...) it makes me feel like such a man-child, but my friend talked me into purchasing... Pokémon SoulSilver. And it's... it's... great. Just as expected.
I would never admit openly to having purchased a Pokémon game. Luckily, my girlfriend owns the DS and did the purchasing of SoulSilver, so I don't need to worry about it weighing down my manliness. I'll just wait a few months for her to get bored of it and give it a run through...
Curse you!
If my parents' house is on street view in a town of 1200, I'd be surprised if the Google van hasn't been to your relatively large college town.
My home town of 1300 is on Street View. My parents house, out in the middle of nowhere, is almost on street view. Behold the gravel road that leads there. And if you look to the left: Iowa, birthplace of captain James T. Kirk.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:31 pm

I bet those paper craft things are impossible to mail, whereas mine folds easily into a letter envelope.
I could do it, if you wish. I would call it quite the fair trade.

Row--row.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:37 pm

It would be cool. No obligation, though. The address will be on the envelope if you feel inclined.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:14 pm

In return, Jeff will send you a paper craft and thus begins the Pweb Craft Exchange.
That would be awesome.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Pokémon should stop coming out with new games. I swear every time a new one comes out my boyfriend disappears. Nothing I do or offer can get him to put it down. And with Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 2, AND SoulSilver out, I've barely talked to him and not once have I talked to him without him playing at the same time.

Though FFVII has been taking over my life for the past few days. But I miss Aerith too much..
I saw this commercial on the tv and thought about you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH08Mslk_to

Didn't know you did commercials ('-' )
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Ah! That is so me. I'm glad it is more universal than I thought!

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 pm

The thread title made me laugh.

The mass number of people wearing little red and white pedometers at my high school is just funny. I'm one of them. :P
I just lost the game; you just lost the game.

http://www.losethegame.net/

I know! I'll use my sig as advertisement space for my classmates. http://www.youtube.com/user/Theorem42

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:40 pm

The mass number of people wearing little red and white pedometers at my high school is just funny. I'm one of them. :P
Have you seen this Penny Arcade?

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Have you seen this Penny Arcade?

Ridiculous. It describes us perfectly.
I just lost the game; you just lost the game.

http://www.losethegame.net/

I know! I'll use my sig as advertisement space for my classmates. http://www.youtube.com/user/Theorem42

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:43 pm

I just beat Okami, continuing on my trend of playing PS2 games ten years after everyone else.

It was pretty darn epic. I was expecting it to be done about half of the way through the game, and at some times I worried that the story was too scattered to be tied up at the end, but it all worked. I would have appreciated a smaller cast of characters, but it made sense to have them all by the conclusion of the story. The Japanese mythology was super interesting, something I'll be looking into more.

Also, I totally am blown away that it was developed for the PS2 and later ported to the Wii. I can't imagine it not being for the Wii, but the PS2 controls worked, in the end.

Row--row.

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Carrot hamburgler

Postby Graff^ » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:57 pm

I just finished Uncharted 2 for the ps3. The graphics were drop dead amazing and I loved the blend of chapter, puzzeles, and kill-everyone-you-see. Overall it's one of my better games. Forgot to mention the very well put together multi- player.
Where does friendship end and love begin?

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:00 pm

About halfway through my play of SoulSilver, the Nuzlocke fad started sweeping the internet. I read about it, really wanted to do it, but knew I needed to beat SS first before giving in.

Well, yesterday, I finally started. Using a friend's DS, I backed up all of my legendaries that I had caught with my copy of Diamond onto my SS cartridge and started what is now known as a Nuzlocke run. It is truly the most epic Pokémon experience I have ever had, bringing me back to when I first played it in terms of loving the game, and really making me appreciate my team and use strategy a lot more. For God's sake, I used Growl for probably the first time yesterday. Growl.

There are two rules to having a Nuzlocke run:

1. If a Pokémon faints, you must release it.
2. You can only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in every area.

There are plenty of other homebrewed rules (You must give each Pokémon you catch a unique nickname, or if everyone in your party faints it is a game over), and lots of stipulation that entirely depends on the player (Does every level in a cave count as a new area? What about legendaries?), but good gracious, it's fun. I have an abysmally unbalanced party right now, but it's a lot better when I had my starter, a Magikarp, and four Starlys.

I suggest it for all takers.

Also, and there really doesn't need to be much more said than this, both Deus Ex games were for sale on Steam last week for $5. If you missed it, you are missing out, and need to download the original Deus Ex right now and play it RIGHT NOW because it's one of the best games ever, despite the horrible voice acting, dated physics, and lame models. I've loved the game for eight years and I'm not stopping now.

Row--row.

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Femme Fatale

Postby ValentineNicole » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 13, whenever I get the time.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Mich, your post reminds me that there is going to be another video game tournament at my school, and I'm running concessions again. This time, I'm dressing up as Jessie from Team Rocket.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Mich, your post reminds me that there is going to be another video game tournament at my school, and I'm running concessions again. This time, I'm dressing up as Jessie from Team Rocket.
Nice. How did the other one go, that we tried to give ideas for area titles for and stuff?

Row--row.

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:58 am

This time, I'm dressing up as Jessie from Team Rocket.
To protect the world from devastation!

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:43 am

playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 again.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:14 am

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 13, whenever I get the time.
Same here. I have been recently slacking. I was playing last night and realized it has been a month since my last save. I was shocked.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:20 pm

playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 again.
Most excellent, excellent game. My friends and I play Terrorist Hunt over and over and over again, and have fun every single time.

Row--row.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:17 pm

It doesn't get old. I enjoy running around the hunts picking Tango's off with a pistol.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Our rule is, if you're the last man standing, you have to switch to pistol, because it makes it more epic.

We've has some pretty awesome last stands.

Row--row.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”