Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 am

In my heart of hearts, I'm hoping Mich is Narrator and zero is Tyler.

ETA: Go, you, nice TOPP.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Dear you,

You gave me free doughnuts... That's so amazingly nice of you, you have no clue why that means so much to me.. Thanks. =]

human.

Dear Yous,

I'm really tired of this happening. And yes, maybe it is my fault. But I can't change the way I act around people without changing myself, and the one thing y'all always tell me is to not change me. I've been super close to all of you at some point in my life, and what tore us apart was the fact that I was dating someone else? That's stupid. I know that I can be somewhat flirtatious, though not overly so, I think it's because I like to be with you physically. Just a long hug or like.. a pat on the back/leg/arm/head. That sounds weird.. but it's what I do. But you know I do that with all of my close friends. And I do it because relationships aren't purely mental and emotional, they have a physical side, too. And I really can't exercise that physical side with my boyfriend being nineteen hours away. So I do like physical touch. But I am never more than friendly with it. I'm myself with y'all. But then you stop talking to me, you cut off contact, or treat me poorly, because I won't date you. From the beginning of us getting close, I make it perfectly clear that I intend to spend my life with him, that my intentions are only to be close friends with you, someone you can rely on and trust. But you still leave.. After you promise you won't, you leave. And people mean so much to me... It's why I only trust a few people... I can't handle when I lose someone so close to me, someone I looked to for support and protection. So, forgive me for wanting to be with the guy who just fits with me. It's not that y'all aren't absolutely amazing people, it's just that he and I work so well together.

Anyway, good luck with life.
human.

Dear You,

I can't believe you're going to be deployed soon.. You have no clue how much I will miss you. You're like a really flirtatious big brother to me.. and I don't know what I'm going to do, because I'm going to college, and you're going to the Middle East. And I know I could have stopped you from enlisting that day.. But I was fifteen, and you were restless. And we had kissed right before.. And, we would have never worked out, and I didn't want you to end up resenting me for stopping you. But you hate it now.. And you're going away.. And you might not come back, and I can't bear that thought, but I don't know how to tell you how much I'll miss you. But you're coming in on leave on Friday. And I'm going to try..

Kelsey

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Dear you,
I'm not tired with you, I'm not tired with your issues, it even doesn't provoke my own devils to speak up. Simply, I like spending time with you, and wish so much you didn't suffer.
We should have no regrets. ... The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know.
- Rebecca Beard

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:29 pm

Dear you,

I cannot think of one good reason for you to have called me. Not one. And then to not even leave a message so I know what non-good reason you had to have called me? What the hell? There is only one other person on earth that I would be more upset to get a call from and he is your husband. So please, don't ever call me again but if you do, at least leave a freaking message.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Dear you(s),

Oh yeah... It's Christmas break, which means another 20 of you are going to get engaged. It's been a week, and there have already been 3 announcements on facebook. Seriously, people in my peer group, chill the f*** out on the engagements! You're in your really early 20's! There is NO reason to be getting married so early! You have so much time! Calm down.

-Kim
-Kim

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:01 am

Dear you(s),

Oh yeah... It's Christmas break, which means another 20 of you are going to get engaged. It's been a week, and there have already been 3 announcements on facebook. Seriously, people in my peer group, chill the f*** out on the engagements! You're in your really early 20's! There is NO reason to be getting married so early! You have so much time! Calm down.

-Kim
This.

It's freaking me out, what with not being in a relationship, or even having had a real one. For serious.

-Jeff
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 pm

It's the same around here. For some reason everyone thinks that after 18, if you dateing someone you have to be engaged (or half the time just married right away). Honestly, I can't see myself getting married before i'm 25, at the very least!

I mean, my younger sister has been engaged since she was 19 and I just can't take it seriously. All they do is fight like a teenage couple. It's crazy! Everyone in my age group should just chill out.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Dear You,

Don't display your ignorance of the genre like that, okay? Why on earth would you compliment the OBVIOUS bass on her great "baritone" voice? It is obvious you have no clue what the function of a baritone vs. a bass is. Oh my gosh. Not to mention, as opposed to male barbershop, in female barbershop it's supposed to be a cone of sound which is bass-driven -- the lead is not supposed to stick out as much. Geez. Get it right. Go to some contests. Learn something so you seem like a somewhat credible judge. Were there problems? Sure. But that's not the point. Plus, no comments on the crazy overtones? I was having a total chordgasm, personally, and I wasn't even there.

A Former Barbershopper
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:34 pm

ahh but proposing before christmas makes sense, then she gets to show off the ring to her entire family and friends over the holidays. Plus it's a helluva "present".

it sort of makes sense for college aged kids to propose in this month. *shrug* especially seniors who want to get married in the May-August timeframe.

people my age on the other hand? doesn't really matter.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:56 pm

I understand why they pick now. Actually, between Christmas and Valentines Day is the most popular time to get engaged, period.

But most of these people are 20 or 21. I'm not convinced the majority of them are a good idea. There's just so much time and they have so much growing up to do. (also, there's the kind of selfish part where I feel slow/left behind being 23, not engaged, and not planning on it soon.)
-Kim

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:21 pm

(also, there's the kind of selfish part where I feel slow/left behind being 23, not engaged, and not planning on it soon.)
Imagine being my age and not even having any prospects for dating, let alone marriage. *smallest violin in the world* I sound like Bridget Jones.

It's kind of what you said but in my case, possibly defective or something in place of slow. The kicker is, it's not even that I necessarily want to get married (like children, that's leaning towards not but isn't definite), I just want to know I'm not so bad that the idea might be in some human guy's head that it wouldn't be too terrible to marry me.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:20 am

Kimmie,

I so understand that feeling. A few years ago in was engagement pantamonium, followed up by marriage mayhem. And it was hard.

Partly because, like you, I didn't particularly think the engagements my friends made were goodones (not that it matters what I think, but still...some of those matches forever? yikes!) and partly because I was a little jealous.

Some girls (I'm not trying to be sexist, here; I just haven't personally heard a guy talk like this) are ruthless about it. My friend Sophia came back from her Junior year of college with the mantra "Ring by Spring!"

And despite my twinges of envy I also knew, like you, that I wasn't nearly ready for such a huge commitment.

(now though, I am ready... We shall see!)

My problem is that I, too, feel behind. I feel like I'm just ont he cusp of getting engaged...and ALL MY FRIENDS ARE HAVING BABYS.

Like, ALL of my friends.

Facebook is exploding with birth announcements and baby shower invites.

I think I'm just destined to feel behind everyone else. Still, I suppose it's not a race.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:07 am

I hear that.

My first year of graduate school five, count 'em, FIVE members of my cohort got engaged/married. It was ridiculous. It was also a bit of a crisis for me. Seeing as I turned 24 that year and became the official oldest woman in my family not to be married EVER in living memory.

And now everyone has a baby. Or two.

And I feel a bit old getting married at the age of 30.

Not that it matters in the big scheme. Still.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:35 am

Within the past year I've seen a number of people get pregnant and/or engaged/married. I certainly know that feeling. Hell, and I was one of the ones getting engaged 5 years ago! I'm not now, obviously. I wasn't ready then, and I know that now.

Val: I've also never heard guys talk like that, mostly because the source of male pride is typically more a notches on belt than ring on finger kinda thing.

I feel behind, but in a different way. I feel stunted not because I'm not engaged or about to be or even seeing anyone; but because I have no capacity for changing that about myself. I feel like that's the sort of development I was supposed to have when I was 16, and I missed out.
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:45 pm

Val: I've also never heard guys talk like that, mostly because the source of male pride is typically more a notches on belt than ring on finger kinda thing.
Hey, I think I heard about this guy who wrote a scifi series that involved some discussion on this...
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Dear You

Postby buckshot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:21 am

It's been several days now and I still keep looking for you to be by my side .Everyone in town or at the mill miss you ,even the ones who don't ask give me that look when youre not at my heels . Will I still feel so bad come spring when youre not hanging out the window barking and howling at everyone you know ? Now I know how you felt when I went on all my hunting and fishing trips and left you at the farm. You have been the most loving ,honest and most selfless souls I ever had the privelage to know and I will never be the same without you. Godspeed Lexie

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:33 am

Dear you,

You deserve better than me. So much better than me. But I can't help that I (think) I love you. I hope I don't; it cannot work, we have almost nothing in common and you don't love me back (as far as I know). But why, oh why do you unknowingly attract me so damn much?

Maybe I'm just a loony who wants a girlfriend. The chances of that are high. But when I said that I missed you today, I really did miss you.

If you were my girlfriend and you would be happy, I would be the happiest man alive. But that's impossible. So now, I'm becoming sadder and sadder the more I fall for you.

Please be mine? Hah.

~Me

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:02 pm

Dear you,

I don't know your names. You don't know mine. But remembering watching you, two years ago, gives me the inspiration today to keep moving. It's possible and I CAN achieve it. So, uh, thanks.

- Me
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:24 am

Dear Philotic Web,

I hope you all have a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable Christmas holiday.

Sincerely, Wil

perspicacious.emperor
Soldier
Soldier

Postby perspicacious.emperor » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:01 pm

You: you are my KING! ;o;

You: you are our God, even though you would probably disapprove if we said it to your face. Even so.

You: your fame is scary. Especially when I can see you show off during school. You are thereby deleted from people I stalk.

You: come online soon; I'm having writer's block.

You guys: the array of feelings I felt today and did not express was half your fault. If you'd only move those feet faster, I wouldn't want to play with this pretty axe of mine right now.

-tpe

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:22 am

To all of you:

Merry Christmas! :D
I just lost the game; you just lost the game.

http://www.losethegame.net/

I know! I'll use my sig as advertisement space for my classmates. http://www.youtube.com/user/Theorem42

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:46 pm

To ^Peter:

*Slaps then Hugs*
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:54 am

Dear you,

If you don't call or reply to my email, I think I'm going to scream. Are you mad at what I wrote? I didn't mean to make you mad...I was just in a weird, contemplative mood. But you've got to write me something back. Something.

love,
me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:41 pm

Dear you,

I'm sorry for washing your ipod.

Really, really, really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really
Sorry.

-your wife.

PS. Really.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Addict

Postby Sonikku13 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Dear you,

I'm sorry for washing your ipod.

Really, really, really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really
Sorry.

-your wife.

PS. Really.
Observation - you must really be sorry, because you said the word really 68 times, not including the PS, which would make it 69.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I've had 102 nukes on MW2.

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Dear you,

Next time, just don't do it.

Love,
Pl14
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Dear You,

I. Want. Details.

Oatmealer
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Dear You,

Hypothetically speaking, if I were being addressed, I would say to check here.

Hypothetically yours,
A convert

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:05 am

Dear you,

Thank you.

Sincerely,
"Tyler"

dgf hhw

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:19 am

Dear Pweb,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love, Wil

Dear You,

It's just not Rock Band unless my ears are bleeding due to your singing. It is unfortunate that you had to work tonight. It is also unfortunate that you've taken to ignoring me like the plague. I know it's probably painfully obvious that I'm in total like with you, but that's not a good enough reason to start acting strange around me without talking to me first. Thus, I am torn between missing your company horribly and complete and utter discontent with you.

Stop being silly.

Forever The Friend You'll Never Know You Have, Wil

P.S. You have quite literally no ass. Just thought you should know that I find it humorous.

Dear 'everyone who doesn't fold their toilet paper',

You're all doing it wrong.

Yours truly, Wil

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Dear You,

I was going to ask that you please, please not change back into that person you became for that short time last year but that's unfair of me to ask, especially if it was for any one of the few possible reasons I suspect you did change. Yes, these little things you have to do every so often are part of a suspected reason and are thus likely to make me a little batshit crazy as I try to imagine and then un-imagine scenarios, all for the sake of convincing myself 1) I have no rights, 2) I have no claims, 3) it is not a reciprocated emotion I feel, and 4) it would hurt like f*** but it would almost have to be better than the wondering/fearing. When the time comes, whether you think it serious or not, please assume I will want to know and don't be gentle. Squeeze until your hand hurts and the object you're holding is ground to dust, ready to be scattered to the four corners of the globe. Because that just may be the only way to fix this and get me off your back...let me spend some time chasing after the particles, collecting them, and trying to put them back in order.

[Salutation],
[title]

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 am

Dear You,

Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed in you. Not really, because I never really had high hopes for you in the first place. (Now that I'm no longer so fragile, you can't hurt me anymore! Haha. Say whatever the hell you want and I'll be fine). But I'd thought that, after all the prying and all the assumptions, you would not act like such an idiot when you turn out to be right. Just because you were right, doesn't mean it's justified to ask the stupidest questions anyone could come up with, or be such a dick in general. In the future, I hope you refrain from such moronic behavior.

-me

Dear You,

I know you have no idea who I am, but please approve my friend request. I did everything in my ability to encourage you to do so- I made sure I was in your network, and added as many mutual friends as I could. If you'll notice, I'm not a crazy stalker, nor do I look like one. Furthermore- here's the secret- I am not adding you for the purpose of having you as my friend on Facebook, or to see your profile, or anything. Due to the Great Facebook Revolution, I already have access to your profile. I am adding you so that I have a mutual friend with one of your friends, of course. This isn't even about you, and it matters to me, so why cause me grief and ignore my request?

-that random person who friended you on Facebook
The password is "guilty"

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:13 am

Dear Rafael Medina,

...what. If this char is still alive after this what I assume is an arc (and is not hunter or something), I just... what.

-me

Dear Mark Zuckerberg,

f*** you.

-me

dgf hhw

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Dear you,

I was this fvcking close to beating your ass.
I was this fvcking close to basically trashing my chances of getting into my hard colleges.
This. *******. Close.
Truthfully, I wanted to maul you like a ******* bear. I visualized it in my mind and everything. I honestly don't know how far I would have gone before stopping - the school cops would have had to restrain me.
-If there was a chance of physically injuring you without getting in trouble
I would take it in a heartbeat- Trufax.

Is stealing my earphones really that funny? Seriously? I know you get some kind of sick, twisted amusement out of annoying people [as you've shown by annoying me; while simultaneously laughing; all year], but stealing? "Maybe you left it in your other class" Nice attempt at trying to bullshit me, but you're random bouts of laughter; while I was frantically looking around for them; gave you away.
Not to mention, my gut told me that that'd be the type of sh!t that you'd do. And then, when I find it in your backpack, you just laugh? That's all you can do?
You're lucky I'm not the type to tattle.

All my colleges average at about a 24% acceptance rate. College is the only thing keeping my fist out you're fvcking eye. You're just lucky that I'm not sadistic enough to try to ruin your college chances by tattling to the teacher that you tried to steal from me. I wonder if you'd like that on your record...

Please grow the **** up. It's your Senior year. Stop acting like a social reject, lrn2manners. Kthnxbai.

The sad part is that for some illogical reason, you think I'm your friend.
LOL
You think that I'd help you with your Psychology project? I wasn't doing anything that day. I'd have helped you if you weren't such a prick. Don't ever try to partner with me again, even I can grow the balls needed to be an assh0le, if dogmatically prodded.

**** you for making me feel as if I don't have the pelotas to break the rules, my own conditioned self-control, and give in to my emotions.

Thekid that hates you the most,
CezeN
Cez

P.S.
Protip: Watch your backpack and ****. Closely. Every action has a ******* reaction. I still haven't decided what of your I'm gonna take - then promptly throw in the trash, but if the situation presents itself I won't think twice or backout.
It may not be today or tomorrow, or even this month, but my memory is good at it's work. The desire will lie dormant at the back of my mind- unmanifest potential with intention to beat coming out the black hole of eternity -ready to re-emerge at the perfect oppurtunity.
You won't see that ****t coming.

[EDITED. Don't try to circumvent the filter again.]
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Dear you^,
Can you please not try to subvert the language filter? It is there for a reason and some of us are glad that it is. Thanks.

Dear you,
I found myself missing something about you today. I then stopped that train of thought and started contrasting the things that I miss about you with the things that I do NOT miss about you. The latter far outweigh the former. Go me!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”