Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:19 am

Dear You,

Happy two years, I love you.

: )

- Me
Awwww.

Congrats.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:16 am

Thank you!

Dear You,

I guess I should also say thanks for making me dinner and taking me to see 500 Days of Summer. It was an awesome day.!
- Me
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:24 am

Dear You,

My, how the tables have turned. Now it's you who's making me anxious, and that other stuff makes me happy. The complete opposite of the way it was this winter (Ides of March, anyone?). Not only that- you are my biggest problem at the moment. Hmmm.

Humorous aspects aside, I'm completely at loss as to what I should do. This is similar to a situation I read about in some book a while ago, and back when I read that, I thought to myself, "if only those were my problems.."

Well, now those are my problems, and I must say I underestimated them. Geez, did you really have to go and put me in this bind?

The one advantage this has over my former problems is, I can actually talk to people about this. Consult with them. Furthermore, this is an issue for which consultation is valid. This is not the "I'm forever alone in this" feeling I had before.

Just, please understand. That's all I can ask of you. I'm really trying not to do you any wrong you here. It's not as simple as it seems.

-me
The password is "guilty"

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Dear You,

I'm glad you've been enjoying your summer and all, but you have one more novel to read, plus an Algebra assignment. Why can't you be more like your friends who're taking psych and other extra classes over the summ-- pfft. Why the heck would I wanna do that?

Okay, as long as you get the assignments done, it doesn't matter, right? Well, enjoy your last weeks, and enjoy the start of your sophmore year.
I just lost the game; you just lost the game.

http://www.losethegame.net/

I know! I'll use my sig as advertisement space for my classmates. http://www.youtube.com/user/Theorem42

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Dear You,

Take a walk with me, if you will. It was March, so naturally I was freezing and you were quite comfortable. I woke up late because, hey, it was hours earlier there than where I live and I am slow to adjust to anything involving sleep changes. You had a sing-songy voice, not because you're one of those annoying people who wakes people up with one but because that's just you. I got dressed and we went to eat somewhere; maybe that was the day you took me to that little restaurant with the glass soda bottles - mine is sitting on my hutch. Then we went to that ice cream place -you know, THE ice cream place- and then it was time for the bridge. "Behold, rising before you, the greatest erection on the continent... the greatest erection of the age... the greatest erection on the planet!" There was the tourist thing, that you so kindly allowed me to do and then there was that pride of yours. But I had to see it, c'mon! It was well worth looking like a tourist to find out. But the best part, the single most perfect part of that day, was the ferry ride. God, that was just perfect. There was the picture on the way out, which is framed and will go on my table once they take my desk away from me at work, and then there was that great ride back, us not realizing we had docked. You have no idea, none whatsoever, what I wouldn't do to go back to that moment, just once. Hell, even though I turned moody and freaked out, I'd do just about anything to go back to the night we tried to get to the airport. Because, "If you're a human, you come from Africa. If you're an alien, I don't know where you come from!" That was the best mess I've ever been in.

I just thought of that because of that thread on Big Fish; that made me think of you, since I saw it with you.

I lovith you...ith. And in case you forgot:

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

Lastly, I need you to know that you are such a big part of who I am. That may not be the compliment I mean it to be, some may cringe on your behalf and feel relief that I'm not pointing fingers at them, but I don't want you to forget that. I'm making mistakes and I'm sort of a wreck in general. But you've always loved me despite it all, in your own way, and that's all I can ever ask of you. I'm glad that we keep coming back to each other; it kinda makes you the love of my life and I'm kinda okay with that. More than okay with that. We did swear off men anyway, right?

Love,
Lea

Dear You,

Please don't move in. I don't like you and normally that would just mean you're my mom's problem but if you move into my house, you become my problem, too. heh. My house. See? I'm territorial. I barely like living with some family and you're some unrelated jackass who did wrong by my mom last year, who she has stayed friends with for some reason and now pities.

Dear You,

Uh, please move out. You may not realize this but that is my room and I don't want to be scared to go in there anymore. The noises scared me so badly, I slept in my mom's room last night. Not cool, Thing, not cool.
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Dear you,
I'd have a long and heart wrenching letter for you, but unluckily, I keep sort of half-thinking in Spanish and I'm totally not sure how that would go, given this place is ruled by English. Whoa. Well anyway, I want to thank you much for being this supportive and helping me get over with that.

Dear another you,
You're not 'dear' and never were. I guess you're worse than H., he at least had some regret for what he'd been doing, only if about non-existing one. You are creepy and I don't know why I have to deal with you.

Dear another you,
Thank you very much for latest few days. I wuw you and your ideas for what to do with spare time.
We should have no regrets. ... The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know.
- Rebecca Beard

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Dear You,
Your username looks far too much like Ekaterina. I became quite excited for a moment.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Dear You,

Ta-haa!!!

Best news I've heard all day. Only news I've heard all day, actually, but still. IN YOUR FACE!

So as you see, I've done a lot of growing up in the past years. Erm, not. Not really. But I'm quite very nearly over you, and have been for several months, although it comes and goes. Hopefully I'm all right enough to bear what will inevitably become clear over the next three weeks. I think I am.

On a less serious note: Douglas Adams and I have one thing in common. WE'RE ALWAYS RIGHT. Muahahahaha.

-Me, of course. Who else?
The password is "guilty"

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Dear You,

Why you?! Why in the whole world of people did I have to go and fall for YOU?????? Why?! I don't even think you know I exist, let alone that I have a stupid school kid crush on you? Why, Why, Why? Oh, well....... Ugh, stupid, stupid, stupid move.
The password is "guilty"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Dear You,

Alea
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Dear you,
I'm sorry to disappoint, then. My love for Discworld is stronger than my love for Russian names, if only by a bit...
We should have no regrets. ... The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know.
- Rebecca Beard

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Dear You,

You really come off like an insufferable prick all of the time. I really can't believe that you have any friends, let alone that someone was stupid enough to marry your dumb ass.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:39 pm

Dear You,

I hope you've made some progress on your homework assignment. I'm really looking forward to reading it, and I hope I won't be disappointed.

Me. :D
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Dear You's,

If any of you want to call or text me at around 7AM AZ time tomorrow to make sure I actually set my alarm and it goes off and I hear it, that would be superb. See, my mom is out of town and I'm paranoid I'll sleep in. This is especially bad because I have to hoof it tomorrow, going in as well as the less important leaving, so timing is everything.

Thanks,

Me

Toon Leader
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Toon Leader » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Dear you,

You've shirked your responsibilities for the last time. I've caught you. You're fired. Now I get to get back to doing my own job instead of both of our jobs. You're fired. You're fired! I fire thee.

-The one who fired you.

ps You're fired!

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:49 am

Dear People who post ads on Kjiji, etc.,

I don't care about your life story. No one does. Just post the damn item and a price. No one needs to know that you're selling a lamp "that was meant to be for a boy, but I never had any boys so it doesn't match the princess theme of my girl's room...". Oh my word. No one needs to know that much detail about your ten dollar Ikea lamp.

kthxbai,
JL

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Dear You,

I should do this privately, somehow, but if I don't do it this way, I'll chicken out. Besides, who the hell do I think I'm kidding? If it's someone whose judgment/opinion/feelings I care about, they'd hear about it at some point and as for everyone else, hey, I don't care. You probably won't even realize it's to you and the wrong people will probably assume it's to them. Mind games, f****** hell. Even trying not to play games with people turns into a game in the end.

You do NOT deserve the treatment you've been getting from me, you are so entirely above it all, it shames me to keep doing it to you. I am doing the exact same thing that that one guy did to me, for what I assume are the same shallow and selfish reasons, and it's despicable. I don't even have the testicular fortitude to express my regret to you without hiding behind a DY post first. Mark my words, I'll do this properly.

I am using you. Not all the time but it should be none of the time. For a while, I could get away with it to myself because at one time, for a short time, there was a fork in the road and you were one of the offshoots and I thought that made it okay somehow, even if I knew exactly when that way closed itself off and it was well before now. Stupid, stupid P----. Hold me accountable, make me tell you exactly what I've done and make me beg for forgiveness. See that I am the worst kind of person for it all and that I end up with assholes because like attracts like. (Sorry, J, you know you're a changed person.) I'm so, so sorry.

Alea

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Dear you,

You are not an a**hole; ergo, you deserve better.

love,
me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Dear People who post ads on Kjiji, etc.,

I don't care about your life story. No one does. Just post the damn item and a price. No one needs to know that you're selling a lamp "that was meant to be for a boy, but I never had any boys so it doesn't match the princess theme of my girl's room...". Oh my word. No one needs to know that much detail about your ten dollar Ikea lamp.

kthxbai,
JL
http://bash.org/?199355
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:18 pm

Uh...Dear You,

I may not be a perma-a**hole but I have been one lately. The person that was addressed to is not Brat; it is a very nice, sweet person who I actually have been mistreating and who without a doubt deserves a better friend than I have been. As things tend to get where I'm involved, it's complicated and unnecessarily so.

But thanks for the nice thought. When I apologize, I might be able to agree with you.

Love,
Me

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:41 am

Dear You,

All this time, I've been thinking that nothing about you makes sense. I was wrong.

Today, through the haze of a fever and sleep deprivation, I made an intuitive leap that I had not made until now. My superb internet skills confirmed the hypothesis, and much, much more. Now it's not a dichotomy, just a deviation. It can now be explained away; I was not at my sanest on that Friday afternoon. I received some sort of misconception that has lingered until now.

Now I know.

It's upsetting, I won't deny that. All I want to do is put some sneakers on and take my iPod with me for a long powerwalk. It's just my luck that I'm too sick to leave the house. But if there's anything I've learned, it's that it's better to know than to be left worried and wondering. Everything adds up now, at least that.

-me
The password is "guilty"

Wise Goat
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Wise Goat » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Dear You,

When you start planning, you might think about seeing Jersey Boys while you're in town if you can swing the dough. Or you could try for one of the ten $25 rush tickets (front row, baby!) the day of the performance. I mean, come on, it's about the Four Seasons!

-The Goat

ETA: And if you're thinking about checking out Shedd, Field, and Adler, you might look into a "CityPass" to save a little money.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Goat!

I've already been to Shedd, Field, and Adler. I think I will pass on those this time around. Ditto to Sears (ALWAYS this and not Willis or whatever garbage they're trying to push) and Hancock. Okay, I might give in to Hancock; I've been dying to see the city all lit up at night. I'll think about JB but to be honest, I think I want to go and just be there, outside, freezing my ass off, walking and eventually sitting in my most favorite place ever. Of course, when I do decide to start planning, I probably will try to fill my schedule. Bah. I don't want to think about this.

You'll need to let me know how safe it is to travel the El in the dark, from the Loop to O'Hare. A friend of mine offered to let me stay with her but she lives further out than O'Hare, so I might end up just staying near the airport afterall for hotels. (Darn hostels are booked solid and I may be crazy but I'm not sure $200+/night in the Loop is worth it if I can safely use the pub-tran. In this case, the time vs money argument would give the victory to money. I can be cool with an hour each way on the El, just watching the city pass by.) I'll probably want to wander around Oak Park, anyway, which is not in the Loop, obviously.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Goat!
I'll think about JB
*peer pressure* Go see Jersey Boys! If we're true twinnys, you'll absolutely love it!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:48 pm

If we're true twinnys
But Fred...we can't be true Twinnys. Meg Ryan will always come between us. :cry:

(I'm considering it, FYI)

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Darn that Meg Ryan!

I seriously to recommend JB though, I didn't know much about it until I was taken and fell completely in love with the show. The soundtrack is also awesome.

: )

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:37 pm

I seriously to recommend JB though, I didn't know much about it until I was taken and fell completely in love with the show.
You're welcome.

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Dear you,

I know you will never find this on your own but i need to put it down incase the time arises where you need to read it.
I love you, that will never change, but we are and have been growing apart since we met. I am willing to do so much for you but thats not going to hapen if this continues. I have to see you more than ocasionaly. I want to be WITH you not around you. If I'm not worth your time than your not worth my heart. <?3

Drifting Away,
Me

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Dear you,

I know you will never find this on your own but i need to put it down incase the time arises where you need to read it.
I love you, that will never change, but we are and have been growing apart since we met. I am willing to do so much for you but thats not going to hapen if this continues. I have to see you more than ocasionaly. I want to be WITH you not around you. If I'm not worth your time than your not worth my heart. <?3

Drifting Away,
Me

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Dear Kelly

http://yourmonkeycalled.com/post/185927 ... tten-today

Book Titles, If They Were Written Today

Then: The Wealth of Nations
Now: Invisible Hands: The Mysterious Market Forces That Control Our Lives and How to Profit from Them

Then: Walden
Now: Camping with Myself: Two Years in American Tuscany

Then: The Theory of the Leisure Class
Now: Buying Out Loud: The Unbelievable Truth About What We Consume and What It Says About Us

Then: The Gospel of Matthew
Now: 40 Days and a Mule: How One Man Quit His Job and Became the Boss

Then: The Prince
Now: The Prince (Foreword by Oprah Winfrey)

I thought you'd find that amusing. :)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Dear You,

I love you, okay? You are cared about. I know you know that, but still. I need to say it. You've been my favorite cousin since I can remember, and you've seemed weird for the past year, and even though I wish you didn't have to go through all this, I'm glad you're on the road to re-finding yourself. Except that sounds too corny. Dude. You are the man who introduced me to Ender's Game, Firefly, and Dead Like Me. I owe you. So don't worry about keeping me up. Take care of yourself, your wife, and your son, and I hope to God things only go up for you from here.

Love,

Your Cousin (Who Wishes She Still Lived Nearby and Could Check on You Occasionally)
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Dear Idiot,

If you're too stupid to log off your amazon account on a work computer (that multiple people use), I am going to add as many Lindsay Lohan things I can think of to your wish list. Be glad I didn't use your credit card to buy myself a bunch of new books.

-co-worker

PS. Next time don't leave me the work you should have done during the day.

PPS. Your "please do not rearrange the icons on the screen or change the desktop" sign makes me want to do it SO BAD.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:18 am

Dear You,
While that may have been an excellent question, and one we need to address, I wasn't ready to answer it just yet. I'll give it a better shot tonight.
~Me
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Dear Goat,

I would send a PM but I wanted to get your attention and I am not positive as to how often you sign in...or lurk for that matter.

A boy hurt me really badly last night, which compounded (is that the word I'm looking for?) the other smaller hurts from the two days prior and the bigger ones from the three months prior.

I need a hug and it needs to be from you, because you're the only one who is allowed to tell me "I told you so."

Also, a bandaid and/or super-glue would be nice.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:56 pm

(Yeah, I know...removing posts, tsk tsk, whatever.)
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”