Complete Randomness

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue May 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Nope! No tooth brushing for at least 24 hours... I think I went 72 before the idea of sticking anything back there was even remotely consider-able.
-Kim

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:15 pm

I went at least a couple days before I could even open my mouth wide enough to get a toothbrush back there.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue May 12, 2009 9:38 pm

And spitting is a bad idea, too, so if you rinse, just try to let it drain out. Any kind of suction in your mouth can cause dry sockets.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Totoro To-to-ro

Postby shadow-petra » Wed May 13, 2009 1:27 am

Oops...I think I did all the wrong things :shock: already brushed my teeth. I can't not brush, it's gross....I thought it would hurt a lot more. How would you know if ou have dry sockets?
June 2004...Gawd I'm old...

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Wed May 13, 2009 2:13 am

I don't have experience, but they said you would know. It would hurt a lot (more than it does, if it does).

And, when you go back for a check-up, they'll tell you. But, ideally, you'd still be hurting by then. Woo hoo!

Row--row.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Thanks Alea for haranguing me to stop procrastinating and come look at all the wonderful things people have been writing.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat May 16, 2009 7:46 pm

I saw a mountain lion cub walking by the side of the road today! I've never seen one in the wild before (they are fairly rare in this area). It was so incredibly cool.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadow-petra » Sat May 16, 2009 11:48 pm

There are mountain lions in albany?

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun May 17, 2009 7:24 am

Well, this was about 40 minutes southeast of Albany and waaaay in the country. But I was with three other adults (and 3 kids), so at least we all saw it and it wasn't just me wondering if I saw what I thought I saw. We thought it was a bobcat at first but after looking up pictures on a blackberry, realized that bobcats have spots and this didn't.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadow-petra » Mon May 18, 2009 8:28 pm

FOX cancelled Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles...over Dollhouse.............

Really, FOX? Really? :evil:

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon May 18, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm just thankful that one of them survived. I wasn't expecting either of them to. I'm not even sure which I would have chosen between the two if I'd known that one would make it. Terminator ended on a real high note with a hell of a cliffhanger, but Dollhouse has loads of potential and also finished the season strong.

I'm still holding out a little bit of hope that if "Terminator Salvation" brings in a lot of cash some bigwig at Fox will realize that it might not be a bad thing to have a series based on the franchise on their network. The logic of officially pulling the plug on the series days before the movie's release is lost on me.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Mon May 18, 2009 10:55 pm

The fact that FOX isn't just broadcasting Dollhouse, but producing it as well, definitely helped the renewal efforts (whereas T:SCC was produced by Warner Brothers). Add to that FOX's high expectations for DVD sales and how well Dollhouse has been doing on Hulu (which is co-owned by FOX, no less), it's not all that surprising it got renewed. I'm sad to see T:SCC go, but as a business move, keeping Dollhouse was the better choice, especially after Joss agreed to cut production costs. (And keep in mind: Dollhouse only got the green light for another 13 episodes.)
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadow-petra » Mon May 18, 2009 10:59 pm

Confession: I haven't watched Dollhouse yet, so I myself do not my own opinion on the show. But a couple of my friends watched both and they seem to like SSC better than Dollhouse. I only have time for one more new show so it went to Terminator... :wink:

I don't see the logic in any of it. I've heard Dollhouse only got better towards the end, but Terminator was kickass from the very beginning. And Dollhouse's ratings are way lower than Terminator. Not to mention both Terminator seasons got positive reviews. I think...at least a lot better than Dollhouse. And yeah...stupid decision to end it before the movie comes out.

I don't know...how likely is it for FOX to override their decision? To be like "April Fools! We were uh...uh...joking!"

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:12 pm

.......so much fail.......
T:SCC was GREAT, and the ending was hugely cliff hangerish, and left a lot of questions that I'm guessing won't be resolved by the movie....
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Terminator was kickass from the very beginning.
I disagree. I was bored to tears with T:SCC for the episodes I watched and I gave it a good 8-9 episodes to prove itself. I keep hearing season 2 was better but why should I sit through an entire bad season to get to the supposed good stuff? At least Dollhouse had the decency to only suck for 5 episodes, which is not even half the season.

Lena Headey could not, in my ever so humble opinion, do Sarah Connor justice. Likewise with Thomas Dekker and John Connor. Both were weak, whiny, and unbelievable as the savior of humans and the woman who gets him into shape when compared to Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong. The only character I could get behind as being even remotely badass enough was Brian Austin Green's Derek. Summer Glau was convincing at being emotionless but mostly unimpressive.

But what really did it for me was when the writers treated a wiring problem or something similar with Cameron basically being solved by John blowing the dust off the piece and reinserting it, much like I used to blow on Nintendo games because I thought that solved the problem.

With all that said, I am uber-excited for Terminator Salvation. I think Christian Bale is quite believable as the adult version of Edward Furlong's John and someone I think Linda Hamilton's Sarah would have had her hands on training-wise.

left a lot of questions that I'm guessing won't be resolved by the movie....
Definitely won't. They have stated repeatedly that the show is not following any of the movies' timelines/storylines. *****SPOILER*****I think they did make a quick reference to her dying of cancer in T3, though, to explain why she was alive in the show after being killed off in the movie. So they just barely follow one storyline.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:45 pm

Lena Headey could not, in my ever so humble opinion, do Sarah Connor justice. Likewise with Thomas Dekker and John Connor. Both were weak, whiny, and unbelievable as the savior of humans and the woman who gets him into shape when compared to Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong. The only character I could get behind as being even remotely badass enough was Brian Austin Green's Derek. Summer Glau was convincing at being emotionless but mostly unimpressive.
You really need to go watch the second season. I honestly never even watched the first one, but the first episode of season 2 really sets up John for hardening into the *real* John Connor. The three important machine characters of season 2 are fascinating....John Henry as he befriends a young girl, plays Legos, and struggles with his developing morality, Cameron as she struggles with her increasing inability to repair herself and control her own actions as well as her friendship with the wheelchair-bound librarian, and finally....Catherine Weaver, and her complete moral ambiguity until the very last episode, as well as her relationship with Savannah and her attempts to be a mother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1iIdeRAXto

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue May 19, 2009 1:57 am

I honestly never even watched the first one, but the first episode of season 2 really sets up John for hardening into the *real* John Connor.
Why do they need to set John up for hardening? Terminator two did that just fine. Better than fine actually. I never watched more than the pilot because the John Connor in the pilot was an utter idiot as well as a jellyfish. more prone to crying than to thinking.

I mean the pilot had summer glau naked, TWICE, and I still didn't like it. That's some impressive level of suckage right there.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue May 19, 2009 9:39 am

much like I used to blow on Nintendo games because I thought that solved the problem..
This always worked!! And I refuse to believe otherwise.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed May 20, 2009 7:28 pm

*doublepost*

Seeing Calvinball again made me giggle. Then I started thinking about all of the alliances that were around when I started. Most of the founders of said alliances are gone. But I do remember one that was there and the founder is still around. I wonder if anyone else would know?

*wanders off*

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed May 20, 2009 7:42 pm

You guys were crazy about alliances.

Stoned Kermit
European Union
American
Canadian
Cowboy Bebop
Dragon
Prairie Sheepdog
Charlie's Angels
Red Fox
Squirrel
Anti-Squirrel
Culinary
FMSS (?)

I'm going off of handwritten notes and don't remember if that last one was me being lazy or not knowing what it stood for. Either way, I'm sure I managed to miss some and I do have a note about Satya next to Stoned Kermit but as for the rest? I have no clue who started most of those.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Wed May 20, 2009 10:24 pm

much like I used to blow on Nintendo games because I thought that solved the problem.
http://xkcd.com/218/

And yeah, what do you mean "thought"? That definitely worked, although sometimes it took a few times.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:32 pm

oooh, I got a new squishy ball.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu May 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Does J_g15 remind anyone else of DP?

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Thu May 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Totally.

Row--row.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Thu May 21, 2009 8:02 pm

I'm reasonably sure that all teenage girls share the same brain...

Still, this gives them a leg up on teenage boys who try and get by with a shared half-brain supplemented by another organ which is even less equipped for thinking.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu May 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Totally.
or, if you go back to the old boards from seven or eight years ago, VN. ;)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri May 22, 2009 4:54 am

If you go that far back, you get to the point where most everyone is glad we've had a crash or two.
The enemy's fly is down.

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:10 am

I was thinking J_g15 reminded me of Eri.
PWeb 2.0 Join Date:
October 19 2002, 08:01

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Fri May 22, 2009 10:11 am

Nah. DP. Which is a good thing, I think.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Fri May 22, 2009 3:42 pm

If you go that far back, you get to the point where most everyone is glad we've had a crash or two.
This is so true it nearly hurts. :-P
-Kim

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri May 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Nah. DP. Which is a good thing, I think.
Speak for yourself. :P

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat May 23, 2009 1:17 am

MyLifeIsAverage. Today it's made me laugh way more than I think it should.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Oh my gosh, I just noticed you guys were talking about me. :?

I think I'm offended that someone compared me to Eriador. I have absolutley no intention of icing out of here.

Not that DP is to bad. I've read some of her posts.

More complete randomness: I want a German Shepard when I grow up and I also want a new phone, cause mine sucks.
:)

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:34 pm

MyLifeIsAverage. Today it's made me laugh way more than I think it should.
That's funny! :D

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:30 pm

*sorry about the triple post*

Have you ever been surprised that the soda boxes that fit in your fridge don't tear when you pick them up? I mean it looks like they're going to rip right when you pick them up, especially when there's a whole bunch of full soda cans in it.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”