Heroes, Season III (thar be spoilers here!)

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:19 pm

The ability to acquire new powers is not part of his original power though. His original power is understanding how things work. Through that understanding he understood how to acquire new powers. But the virus could have messed with him by taking his acquired powers, and blocking the way for new powers to come in.
Basically, while he understood what was necessary to gain new powers thanks to his original power, his brain couldnt get them or use the old ones he stole because of the virus.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:36 am

Urgh, I feel like I'm being punished for paying attention. Isaac Mendez couldn't see the future beyond the explosion - it really wouldn't have been that big a deal otherwise. Now we've retconned that not only could he see past it, he built up a collection of future issues for use as later plot devices? Isn't that just a little...convienent?

At this rate it'd almost be more plausible if they met up with someone with the ability to break the fourth wall who could grab them a script. On the other hand maybe that character did exist, but Sylar killed them off-screen and that's where he got his ability to create plot holes at will.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:24 am

Also, shouldn't everyone be less concerned that their powers are gone and more concerned that not only is the eclipse lasting HOURS but also seems to be endarkening a really really large area of the earth? Isn't Seresh's 'Eclipses and Superpowers for Dummies' pointing out this is a little peculiar? I don't mind a hand-wave but, something? please? It'd be forgiveable if we'd actually got somewhere in that time, but what did this whole adventure actually teach us? Everyone lost their powers then...got them back again? Claire died....then came back to life? Sylar is evil and on the loose? AGAIN? That even Seth Green can't take this seriously?
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Slim
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Peacocks can't Lurk

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Yes, the virus made it so Sylar couldn't steal powers. Remember? That was the first thing he tried to do. When that company girl was trying to heal his wound, he killed her and tried to acquire her create-illusions power, but it didn't work. That's why he decided to go visit Mohinder for a cure.

Why did Sylar kill her in two alternate futures without hesitation? (that would be at the High School that future Hiro was trying to stop, and when Sylar was President) I think Sylar is understanding his own power better in this reality than he ever did in the other realities. He wasn't able to see more than just the power he wanted.

Issac Mendez did see past the explosion. Even in season 1 -- He made a painting of that apartment rooftop in the future after the explosion. He drew the comic with Hiro five years in the future. In his quest to stop Sylar and the explosion, he painted a lot there towards the end. Why should it be so shocking that he had other paintings of the future? Season 2 had his other full-size paintings, and this season has his comics. Doesn't bother me any.

While it is true that a total eclipse only covers a small piece of ground at a time, the shadow makes a path across the earth. I don't know where Pinehurst is supposed to be. Oh, and where the Bennets are... But if they are along a plausible path that also includes Kansas and Haiti (so probably west coast somewhere) then it's all good. And for the length -- it's like you say. It's not like they did much during the eclipse. A long eclipse could last about 10 minutes, but no one got their powers back until the sun was fully revealed anyway, not just during the limited time that it was total.

And that's what Heroes is all about -- nothing much ever happens as far as the overall plot is concerned. We just get a tiny bit to keep us in suspense as they all deal with unrelated problems.

So, with Arther dead and the catalyst gone, does that mean they only have enough formula that he transferred it into? Did they say they only had enough for 50, or just that they were going to use some of it on the 50 marines?

That's funny calling it "intelligent design" to give people powers, when supposedly it was God that originally was handing out powers to "people who didn't deserve them." It seems like they didn't do any better deciding who gets them either.

'Course, Hiro isn't actually "trapped" in the past -- he just has to live the next 16 years and make it back. Even though Hiro make up with Ando, it's too bad he forgot to tell him that Ando had a super power. This isn't going to be good.

Anyway, good stuff. I can't wait!
A signature so short, it's
Slim

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:55 am

At this rate it'd almost be more plausible if they met up with someone with the ability to break the fourth wall who could grab them a script. On the other hand maybe that character did exist, but Sylar killed them off-screen and that's where he got his ability to create plot holes at will.
That was already done in the movie Spaceballs. :lol:

Anyways, I really hope they do not go too much further after this next plot, although I suppose they might be able to go one or two more seasons with them trying to be hunted down.

It will be interesting thorough that there will be a whole season/chapter/whatever with no super villains.
Not
Even
Remotely
Dorky

Professor Frink
-The Simpsions

Return to “Milagre Town Square”