Ender's Interactions

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
rybax003
Launchie
Launchie

Ender's Interactions

Postby rybax003 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:38 pm

I read Ender’s Game for a course that I am taking. I was very impressed with how good it was. Probably my favorite things about reading this science fiction novel were the character interactions. It was interesting to see how Ender progressed throughout the novel even though he had many favorable and unfavorable interactions with people. I enjoyed seeing how Peter, Valentine, Graff, and Bonzo played a role in shaping who Ender was and became. I think Peter, Graff, and Bonzo definitely contributed to Ender succeeding in the academy and then destroying the Buggers. However, I do believe that without Valentine he would have never had the emotional sensitivity to take the bugger he found to populate another world.

Another thing I found very interesting about this novel was how the author used many games throughout the book. Even though this book was written well before the time of violent video games, I think it can be used to make a statement. We can see the impact that too many violent video games can have on young children. Today, I think we can use this novel to say that if young kids are going to play violent video games they should also have a source of friendship and belonging, like with Ender’s relationship with his sister. Does anyone else have an opinion on this? I am very interested to hear what others think.

Mega
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Mega » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:13 pm

okay, about Ender taking the Bugger Queen to populate another world, there is a perfectly good reason for that, and to be perfectly honest it has nothing to do with Val. During and after the Bugger Wars, Ender was being emotionally broken down, so at the point when he learned that it was actually a war they were fighting, he couldn't take the guilt, so when he found the Hive Queen, he jumped at the chance to redeem himself more in his own eyes then any one else. So even if Val were not there, he would have done it just the same.

shadow_8818
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadow_8818 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:25 pm

I think he could feel everyday as he killed millions of buggers
Daniel- you know speaking in the third person has proven that your crazy.
Rodney- crazy like a fox

Tcashon
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tcashon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:25 pm

What?

Shadow_8818, not to pry, but was English a second language for you?
Yeah I got a response............er..WHAT?

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Making fun of retards is NOT FUNNY(tm), Tcashin

Tcashon
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tcashon » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:20 am

And here I thought you were the only one we had roaming Pweb... at least now you'll have someone who can talk to you on your level Jebus :)
Yeah I got a response............er..WHAT?

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:28 am

What did I just say?

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”