new book

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
shadow_8818
Soldier
Soldier

new book

Postby shadow_8818 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:20 pm

is there gonna be a new book after children of the mind

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:14 pm

Yes, eventually. The same book that will reveal the fate of a certain giant and his offspring.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:20 pm

there are possibly many teats to milk in the enderverse before that book comes out. Though it could be the next enderverse book, you never quite know with card.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Yes, eventually. The same book that will reveal the fate of a certain giant and his offspring.
Wait, what? Is there something I'm missing, or has OSC already said how this book will explain the 3000-year time gap?

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:31 pm

*Shadow of the Giant Spoilers*

Bean and the children that share his condition are traveling at relativistic speeds, and they'll presumably be doing that for 3000 years.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Hector.Victorious
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hector.Victorious » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:10 pm

But, I thought that the said Giant would be deceased at that point, so isn't it just his children's fate?
"Killing Buggers was not homicide."
"No, I guess it was insecticide."

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Yeah, I suppose.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

shadow_8818
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadow_8818 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 pm

sad we most likely wont get to hear from bean

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 pm

*Shadow of the Giant Spoilers*

Bean and the children that share his condition are traveling at relativistic speeds, and they'll presumably be doing that for 3000 years.
Yes, of course, but there's more to it than that. It would require some really deft retconning to explain if Bean were suddenly to drop out of near-light-speed travel to rejoin a galaxy that is now populated by the Hundred Worlds, with his unassailable street smarts intact.

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:30 am

There are so many plot lines left dangling. What happens to Bean and his children? What about the Descaladores? Will Peter conquer Starways Congress? I want something climactic, like a combo of SotG and CotM.
I just lost the game; you just lost the game.

http://www.losethegame.net/

I know! I'll use my sig as advertisement space for my classmates. http://www.youtube.com/user/Theorem42

Pixel
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Pixel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:01 pm

And that's likely what we'll get, ^Peter.

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:15 pm

I just thought of something--mind it's farfetched, but I want to talke about it anyways. What if, and I'm only saying what if, not that I'm even 1% sure that this is even possible, what if Starways Congress is so deeply corrupted that the congress is in league with the Descaldores. Or another theory: maybe the scientists responsible for Path's genetic enhancements is some decendant of Volescu, because that kind of manipulation sound a lot like Volescu. What happened to Volescu anyways? Didn't he get shipped off with his own colony? It's been a while since I read Shadow.

Oh, pardon if I'm posting in the wrong thread for this. If I am, please direct me to the right one. :)

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Maybe, now stay with me here, maybe Starways Congress is corrupted, and the leader is actually also the leader of the Descaldores, and he's trying to use the Descaldores to manipulate the congress into handing more and more control over to him and then once his power is secure he can reveal himself and OH ANAKIN DON'T YOU SEE WHAT'S GOING ON? PALPATINE'S JUST USING YOU HE DOESN'T WANT TO HELP YOU PROTECT PADME AT ALL!! HE'S EVIL! OH ANAKIN YOU'RE NOT USING YOUR BRAIN...

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Oh, Jeebs...you are just a riot.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:52 am

... ... And then, due to the whole soul-sharing business, Ender is able to visit Young Peter from the Outside Netherworld and guide him, teaching him how to manipulate the Philotic Treads of the world to his bidding... So then Peter becomes this powerful Force--I mean Philotic Bender and uses his power to overthrow the Emp-- er, Starways Congress. But it turns out that John Paul, his father is alive, preserved in a life sustaining armor... Now we aare definately off topic here.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Philotic Bender's Game
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Philotic Bender's Game
Well, if we're going that far, OSC would have to stretch that title into a trilogy; PBG IV: A New Ender, PBG V: Congress Strikes Back, PBG VI: Return of the Child Geniuses, and then quite possibly a prequel trilogy, and then a planned sequel trilogy that never actually gets written. Yea, sounds good. Can't wait for that.
I just lost the game; you just lost the game.

http://www.losethegame.net/

I know! I'll use my sig as advertisement space for my classmates. http://www.youtube.com/user/Theorem42

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”