The Procrastination Thread

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:23 pm

OH my GOD I cannot concentrate tonight :(

RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Not Alvin or Calvin

Postby RandomMaker » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:10 pm

I have one class that I am having trouble wanting to do the work for, which is throwing off my work habits for classes that I really care about. So I've procrastinated on everything. It's upsetting.
Thank goodness for awesome musicals. They're the only thing keeping me from losing my mind at the moment.

Edit because I apparently have trouble with italics.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:27 pm

Reading Alexander Neckham in Latin for tomorrow's class... or watching Flying Circus?

>_>
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat May 03, 2008 2:44 am

Stats:
It is 1:45am.
I am moving in 6.25 hours.
I have yet to pack a single item.

This cannot be a good thing. I'm also kind of bummed that zero isn't awake, because I've started to think of him as my silent night partner in crime. We don't actually talk to each other, on the board or otherwise, but I usually know he's up and playing on Pweb with me.

Okay, I'm officially weird and possibly creepy for that last bit.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat May 03, 2008 9:47 am

The procrastination thread reminds me of recently when Paul was supposed to be writing papers, I would come home from work to hear the weirdest things he'd been distracted by:

"You know what we should get?"
"What?"
"I'm not saying today, but someday, when we have a house, maybe a big yard..."
"What?"
"They are super cute and people totally own them..."
"WHAT?"
"A Pet Pygmy Goat!!"
"Write your paper."
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Pixel
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Pixel » Sat May 03, 2008 10:59 am

I work better under procrastinated pressure. When it comes to writing essays and such, that is.

RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Not Alvin or Calvin

Postby RandomMaker » Sun May 18, 2008 10:33 pm

AGH!
It is late, and my work is not done! Why? Because I can't stop procrastinating.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Mon May 19, 2008 12:26 am

I work better under procrastinated pressure. When it comes to writing essays and such, that is.
Me too! Except for persuasive papers. Which are the type of paper I'm writing at the moment, due today. But even better, I'm writing a persuasive paper about how characters in a book use persuasion and how that can influence students in their persuasive writing.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Currently using Pweb to put off doing my English assignment.

/revive
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Putting off the sleep I need to post on Pweb. Worth it? We'll see in the morning....
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Whoa, same here.
Except instead of English, it's my physics lab, my physics homework and my eco homework.. Senior year is so worse than junior. Everyone lied to me. =[

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Woah...Senior year is total blowoff for me.
Even with AP Chem and Pre-Cal and my Dual Credit classes.

Your senior year teachers suck.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Haha, but actually they don't. They're extremely interesting! My physics teacher loves me, even though I don't understand physics at all. My calculus teacher is from South Africa! My stat teacher is the soccer coach, and probably the nicest, most understanding guy I've met (also amazing family man), my eco teacher is the most intelligent teacher I have ever had (also, he loves Ayn Rand, so how could I not love him), and well, my English teacher is cool, I guess.

It's just that I'm taking 6 AP classes, plus two hours after school every day for Robotics and dealing with all of the incompetence and selfishness of certain prominent members in it, plus running a club, plus managing a long distance relationship, plus having to take PE for the first time in forever (I swear PE is harder for me than AP Stat), plus college apps, plus laziness.. It's just overwhelming. Plus, physics C, and BC calc are the first classes that have made me really think in a long time, and that's hard to get used to again.

So.. somehow this turned into a vent...

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Weird, my PreCal teacher is from South Africa, and he's like the funniest, coolest teacher in the school. Woah.

Well see, there's your problem. The billion AP classes you have. I mean, it's Senior year, you need to relax with some blowoff classes.
Your'e thinking too much. GPA doesn't matter much during Senior year(the GPA you'd get by the AP Classes) so AP classes aren't really worth it.

Especially with collegeapps D<
I spent most of today working on that. Eats up time like Pacman.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:45 pm

But if I can get rid of some of the credits I need for college, it means I might not have to waste an extra year just trying to get my credits for graduating. I'm in it to save money. Also to challenge myself. Also because I wouldn't be happy not in these classes. They're actually pretty laid back classes, it just sucks when there actually is work. But I really enjoy the atmosphere of most AP classes at my school (barring English, which just sucks always, though I do love English in the long run). Also, some of the classes, like calc and physics will be more beneficial to me because I took them in a high school atmosphere, which gives more help when I struggle (though admittedly I don't admit when I struggle often). Also, to go into some engineering schools, such as Cockrell at UT, there are certain math requirements that I would have to fulfill, anyway.

But I think the point I was trying to make is basically that I enjoy taking those classes, the people and the atmosphere are very conducive to my scholastic development. Also, I enjoy complaining about them. =]

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 am

But if I can get rid of some of the credits I need for college, it means I might not have to waste an extra year just trying to get my credits for graduating. I'm in it to save money. Also to challenge myself. Also because I wouldn't be happy not in these classes. They're actually pretty laid back classes, it just sucks when there actually is work. But I really enjoy the atmosphere of most AP classes at my school (barring English, which just sucks always, though I do love English in the long run). Also, some of the classes, like calc and physics will be more beneficial to me because I took them in a high school atmosphere, which gives more help when I struggle (though admittedly I don't admit when I struggle often). Also, to go into some engineering schools, such as Cockrell at UT, there are certain math requirements that I would have to fulfill, anyway.

But I think the point I was trying to make is basically that I enjoy taking those classes, the people and the atmosphere are very conducive to my scholastic development. Also, I enjoy complaining about them. =]
this is a good idea, the girl I'm currently dating was able to cram a lot of credits into her high school which let her test out of most all of her gen ed and other requirements in college. so she finished her BS in three years and had her masters in engineering in four years, and a kickass job.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:11 am

I'm the worst ever this year for not even getting started with shopping yet ! :?

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Posting on Pweb instead of studying like I probably should be. I have a final for Spanish tomorrow and it should not be too hard. But my mom almost banned me from the computer!!! :shock:

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:33 am

Physics test in 8 hours.. Eco test in 11, timed writing in 13...
Physics final Wednesday.. Eco final Friday..
I chose to start my physics homework tonight, and this is where it has led me..

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Oh yeah I forgot, mostly because the uni I want to go to said that they're still going to make me take the basic general classes, in order to meet the other Freshman. If I get in.

But yeah, that's a smart idea. Did you take Dual Credit?

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Nah. My school offers dual credit through the community college in our sister town, but I just prefer AP classes. Also, AP tests are cheaper than dual credit classes.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Yeah, AP credit is awesome.

I went into college with 38 credit hours, or something like that. And filled all of my social science credits (and most of my hard sciences, though one of my degrees covered the hard sciences.)

I graduated in 3.5 years with 2 degrees (BS bioengineering and BA English). Basically, AP classes saved me $15,000 or so.
-Kim

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Nah. My school offers dual credit through the community college in our sister town, but I just prefer AP classes. Also, AP tests are cheaper than dual credit classes.
Oh. I take both.
Dual Credit classes give you a feel for how the collge setting will be like, though.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Wow, Kimmie, that's awesome! I want to do something similar, if I get enough credit from the exams..

CezeN: Dual credit courses at my school are very.. high school atmosphere. Also, I feel like the level of the classes would give me the wrong idea about how college will be. Dual Eco and Dual gov only meet twice a week and have three tests and a final. I suppose in that way they are similar to college? But the dual classes offered at my school are extremely easy, like, it's an easy A, blow off class, easier than regular courses. Also, the Dual English offered here is essentially a high school English class with less reading. There's really nothing college-y about it other than you get college credit for it. I doubt the dual credit classes at my high school are indicative of all dual credit classes, though, especially since my high school has such a strong AP program. Anyway, I want some surprises in college! Preferably good ones... Don't want to know what it's all about before I even get there! =]

More on thread topic--I really, really should be doing my stat review to help my GPA out. This semester has not been pretty..

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 pm

Dual Credit classes give you a feel for how the collge setting will be like, though.
I assume you'd be, like, attending the classes, though. That doesn't seem very representative of the college experience, to me. (I'm kidding. Somewhat.)

*reads human.'s post* hmm, that does sound a bit more like college, actually.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

ratesjul
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ratesjul » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:25 am

I should be making Christmas cards so that they actually have a chance of getting sent this side of Christmas.

One of these days maybe i'll figure out that I always set too many tasks for myself at Christmas time.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 pm

This is my third day/night of doing absolutely nothing.

I have multiple group projects due next week, BPA competition this weekend, a book to read in the next two weeks, so many tests, physics, calculus, too much. =[

Yet I still do nothing but watch Greek and the Yale video and sit here...

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 pm

I keep procrastinating tonight because I don't have class til 10AM tomorrow.

However, I can't get away with that because I'm about to miss 3 days of class, including 2 assignments and an exam. I can't afford to get behind, or even just keep up. I need to get ahead!
-Kim

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 pm

I'm procrastinating by posting on Pweb instead if emailing my homework to my teacher.

Pweb is my top priority on the internet.

Aesculapius
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aesculapius » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:09 pm

So: I have two exams tomorrow. And so far I've only studied for an hour for one of them. I've been putting off studying for the past three weeks because...well...I don't even know why, that's why I'm posting here, neh?

I guess I'll be pulling an all-nighter...again.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
-Benjamin Franklin

Aesculapiüs

Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Addict

Postby Sonikku13 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:56 pm

I have done absolutely no homework at home in 2010... and I have no homework... leading to utter boredom.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I've had 102 nukes on MW2.

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:05 pm

I have the solution to your problems!

DO MY HOMEWORK, PLEASE

Even half of it would be nice..

Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Sonikku13 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Why would I do your homework?
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:33 pm

So that you are no longer bored. It would solve both of our problems, actually.

Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Sonikku13 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:37 pm

I don't know how to not be bored actually, though I'd like to not be bored... I have a hard time feeling things. So I'm always flat... and bored... and still bored... and so on, and so on... and still flat. Flat as water on a calm day.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”