Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
endercoaster
Soldier
Soldier

Postby endercoaster » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:23 am

Dear You,

This is the Dear You thread, not the Dear Bob thread. Thank you
Denny

"Children are a perpetual, self-renewing underclass, helpless to escape from the decisions of the adults until they become adults themselves."

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:48 pm

Dear You,

I'm sick. And I had a terrible day. I couldn't talk at different intervals and I did terribly on those things I needed to do well on. I didn't see my friend from class last year today. He always makes my day brighter. I think I got him sick. I saw the guy I went out on a few dates with earlier this summer today, though. He ignored me. Things were great. You should have just left me as blocked. You shouldn't have written anything. I don't like it when you write, but I can't help reading it. Please just stop? You're hurting me.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets." -Goku, DBZ

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:36 am

Dear you,

I'm sorry. I feel bad. Please wake up.

: (

Love,
me
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:12 pm

Dear You,

I wish you had more respect for yourself. I wish you loved yourself in all the same ways that I love you. I wish your path was greener, and your future where you want it.

I wish you'd never done the things you have. Not for me, but for yourself. I wish you recognized your self-destructive traits and cut them off rather than let them flourish. I wish they didn't please you so.

I wish you would learn. I wish the things I tried to teach you didn't fall on deaf ears. I wish they would carry over. I wish you were better than you are.

I sometimes wish I never learned some of the things that I did from you. I sometimes wish that I didn't relate some things to you.

Moreover, though, I wish I could remember better. I wish I could replay every minute, every emotion, every feeling. I wish I could replay the night we got engaged.

I wish you all the happiness in the world. As I'm sure you will say, though not neccesarily mean in the same way, the same to me.

Love Always
--Cam
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:45 pm

Dear You,

I do not know why but I continue to be unable to stop writing. I need to write, because if I don’t it’s like all this thinking I do just builds up and causes me to loose it. Someone said something quite interesting to me and that is that it’s quite amazing when a girl has the ability to make someone else feel horrible for what the girl has done. Ohh, sure, I understand I made many mistakes. Ohh sure I understand that what I have done likely hurts you. I’ve told myself quite often that I need to stop writing and talking and thinking because obviously the only thing that results are words that hurt you. Quite honestly, though, I just don’t care anymore.

All I wanted from you was the truth. You lied to me every day. All I did was confront you and ask you flat out what you thought and you STILL lied to me. Apparently telling me that you liked me, or whatever your warped sense of the word love you used, was the most impossible thing in the world. You’d think telling me this would have caused you to die, or that telling me this would cause your cat to get run over by a car. Oh, I suppose that perhaps the idea or thought of it was overwhelming, but do you even think? I really doubt you do this. Perhaps you do, on some level, but do you even consider all the possible situations? On one hand, I can feel slightly vulnerable by telling him that I like him still, and maybe even mention that I feel vulnerable that he seems to know me... or I can lie to his face and make everyone feel like they got ran over.

I understand your wish for not waiting to tie yourself down. I understand your wish to go out into the world and date and experience everything it has to offer. You could have told me this. What would it have done? Would I have felt any worse knowing that you did like me, you just wanted to go do other things? I seriously doubt that. Even still, we likely would have continued talking and maybe when you get/got shat on by this worldly experience you desired so much to go out into I could have been there to talk to you. I’m sure you have others you can talk to, but maybe I was the closest.

Instead, I feel horrible for you lying to me. You lied to me so much; the idea of it is just unimaginable. I think I even get why… I thought maybe you’d just stop eventually. Maybe you still will.. in a year.. or two.. or three. It’s not like I asked much from you. “Do you still like me in that way?” And the answer was with a completely honest and resoundingly hurtful no. Oh, turned out to be that you do/did. Poor you, all having to be honest with such a small emotion for someone whom lives 1500 miles away.

So when we stopped talking, you stopped being online so much. Out in the world more. Perhaps you’ve learned the world is a cesspool of floating s*** for humans. What did you say? The guy you went out with started ignoring you? Well f***. I couldn’t imagine guys actually doing that.Oh… wait. Of course there are guys who would do that. Just like there are guys who will use girls for sex. Just like there are guys who think girls should essentially be slaves. Just like there are guys who don’t have any damn clue about anything. If there is one thing I am sorry about, it’s for making you feel so horrible about actions you caused.

Judging by what you did say, I’ll go ahead and assume there are those whom have taken my place now. I am no longer the “I can’t wait to get home to talk to him” person. I think out of everything, this hurts most. Ahh, but hell, there are always people out there willing to talk to a flirty beautiful girl looking for attention. I think out of everything, that hurts most… me not being so important to you anymore.

Excuse me for thinking that maybe 6 months was a little more important than to just be thrown to the side and forgotten. Excuse me for wanting so strongly to see you start to trust in people, to let people in, and enjoy this hell of life. Excuse me for writing what I think and it hurting you and causing you to cry. Excuse me for being such a nice guy who got s*** on and writing it out for you to mull over. Excuse me for loving you.

It is all you. Everything you did, you deserve. All the pain will be caused by you and your inability to make rational decisions that do not revolve around your irrational fear. Blame me only for being the one to be completely honest with you. Hate me for telling you what it is you do. Despise me for wishing you to be an honest human being that actually lives happy and truthfully; not scared, afraid, and alone.

-- Just Not Me
The password is "guilty"

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:45 am

Dear You,

Sorry for thinking that way, I keep forgetting that I'm nothing more than the forgotten nothing thrown aside and no longer important. I'll try and remember that your silly quotes and writing no longer pertain to my insignificance.

-- Dumbass

Dear You,

We don't talk much anymore. I can't help but feel it's because you think I'm a horrible person and don't deserve talking to. Don't worry, I feel the same way. Hell, if I'm just going to f*** things up continually why not f*** them up beyond repair while also killing any shred of dignity I have left!

-- Wil

Dear You,

I understand my father is an un-supportive prick. I understand you want to get rid of him. Whatever, I just don't care anymore. Hell, at least it gives me a good idea of how not to act. I just wish you would understand that when you sometimes talk to me and I act badly towards you that you would understand that I'm dealing with a lot of s***, and I'm obviously dealing badly.

-- Your Son

Dear Yourself,

And to think... almost a year ago I thought myself so much stronger than this. Now I sit for hours on end beating myself up over all my dumbassity on the verge of tears. I often forget, now, what the hell am I doing all this for?

-- You

Dear You,

You make me feel so insignificant. So stupid. So irrational. So worthless. So incomplete. So weak. Thanks.

-- Dumbass

Dear Everyone,

Would you miss me terribly much if I were to leave? Ha. Who am I kidding, there is nobody to miss me anymore. It's been shown quite often that it's a simple matter of people washing their hands of me... so why would people ever miss me?

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:23 am

Dear you(s),

Please learn the difference between lose and loose. It is driving me out of my mind. (Not directed to anyone in particular). But gah!!

me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Dear you,

Whenever there is too much dark, it is a sign that light is coming. Please remember that.

-Worrisome chinese elderly man
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:03 pm

Dear yous,
Wow. I'm embarrassed. Flattered, but really embarrassed. So...thank you.
-me
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:39 am

Dear You,

You son of a bitch. I cannot believe you. YOU agreed to be on my committee in the first place. YOU told me that you wanted to participate in my oral comps. You KNOW when they are. It is NOT too much to ask that you f****** reply to my insanely polite request to TELL ME WHAT DATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOU.

You know, this is a requirement of the department for me to go on internship. Moreover, it is a requirement of some internship sites. It is not something optional. It's not something that you can go, "Oops!" on. Like you nearly did my dissertation proposal. This is NOT okay. This is unprofessional as all hell. My at-large committee member, who doesn't even know me and who is also currently on academic leave in Australia (as opposed to the same damn city I'm in) responded immediately and politely, and actually wants to read the damn comps -- something I don't think any at-large member has ever done. But you, who have known me since 2003, who was once my advisor and who likes to lecture me on MY timeliness and professional issues, YOU can't f****** respond. What. The. Hell.

I'm calling you at home this afternoon. If you don't respond, I'm going to kick you off my committee.

You have an obligation to me, you know. This is not me being unreasonable. At a bare minimum, you are responsible for being at my orals. And for scheduling a time. This is RIDICULOUS.

Your Very, Very, Very Angry Student
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:19 pm

Dear Everyone on Pweb,

I'm travelling to England in about 5 minutes, and I'm staying there for about 11 days, so I won't be able to post until I return.

So, enjoy the time without me, and have a good fall!

Your lovely companion
BonitoDeMadrid
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do, we do!

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:38 pm

Dear Pweb,

Please don't go down during exam weeks. I need you to break the monotony of studying every couple hours or so.

-Me

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:56 pm

Dear you,

Get out! Get out, get out, get out!

Love,
Your momma. And her uterus.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:19 pm

Dear You,

I feel like the only thing you want when you call me is to know my grades. I don't know how to convey to you that after this week I am completely emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted. I've gotten up at 5 am for the past two weeks and stayed at school until after 10 most nights. I studied well over 12 hours each day and my back is killing me, and my caffeine intake and lack of sleep is somewhat frightening. There's a reason they call this hell week. I am excited about school, but I can't be happy about it all the time. Please don't expect that from me. I put so much on pressure on myself, don't you know that? I know you aren't trying to put any more pressure on me, but you need to give me space. I will tell you what happened, but I need time to process it on my own.

Now I need to go and study so I can pass this biochem exam.

Love, Me

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:37 pm

Dear You,

I replied to your email, and I hope to hear from you, soon.

-Dan

Dear You,

I really have missed you. I am glad we got a chance to talk, even if it was for just a few minutes.

-Mr. Dan

Dear You,

I guess that settles that, doesn't it? And then there were two.

-Dan

Dear You,

I have really been wanting to vent, and you say that it is okay for me to. It just doesn't feel like it, though. I wish that it did.

-Dan

Dear You,

I was calling to get your email address. There is something that I have been trying to talk to you about, that I just haven't been able to say to your face. I will try one more time, tomorrow.

-Danny

Dear You,

Remember... 'When you can't run anymore, you crawl. When you can't crawl anymore... find someone to carry you." Is it my turn, yet?

-Me
PWeb 2.0 Join Date:
October 19 2002, 08:01

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:02 am

You:

Goddamnit, why do I STILL wake up in the middle of the night crying about you?!?! WHY? Please, stop it. Please. If you're not coming back then please, please, please stay out of my head and out of my dreams and, yes, out of my heart. And you're not coming back.

I can't keep doing this. I haven't slept in a year now. I haven't felt connected to anything, not even my own self, since you. I'm cracking up. Again. And I really can't afford to do that.

Please. Just stop.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:35 am

Dear You,

You idiots. Especially you. These are NEW STUDENTS. The whole entire reason for having live supervision is to help out if they get in over their heads. Suspected child abuse is one of those situations. f****** take some responsibility. Do not send me my supervisee all upset and discouraged because she didn't do the right thing when she had no way of knowing what that was. That is the time when you step in and be directive.

Also, what the f*** is this idea about having them assess the situation more fully next time if it comes up? This is a black and white issue. The black and white of it is this -- deciding if it was or was not abuse or if there is or is not imminent danger is not the threshold for reporting. Suspecting abuse is. Social services are the people who decide whether or not it is actionable -- not us. We just have to suspect. And if we're not sure, we describe the situation to them and let them tell us, no that doesn't sound like something to worry about or yes, we would need to look into that. That's THEIR job, not ours. So don't put that responsibility on the students -- it's not even the responsibility of licensed professionals. I mean, yes, it is their responsibility to get some details here and question things that look like abuse, but it isn't their responsibility to worry about whether or not to call into social services. That threshold should be really damn low.

Good. God.

Your colleague/student
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Dear You,

You are leaving for Texas and when you come back in a couple weeks you'll be married...and I can't stop laughing about it...when we were together...ohhh...you know...just a couple of months ago...you were telling me how happy you were and you had never been this happy before...which I knew was bullshit because everyone knew you were gonna go back to him...and all I wanted you to do is be honest...and you couldn't...you told me that you didn't know what you wanted and you needed to be single...fine...I gave you the benefit even though I knew you wanted him back...then the myspace s***...thank god...because you would have kept lying to me...you still told me the last time you talked to me that you still needed space...and two weeks later...you have a wedding planned...haha...and you go around saying that you and him have been together for 5 years...well you weren't together for the couple months we were...and I f****** you the first time we hung out...and I knew you were off and on the entire time...so how many other guys were there like me? 5? 6?...I know of at least two others...what a whore...and he's a douchbag...a great match...he can keep being a dick...you can keep lying to yourself and cutting yourself...I tried to help and you blew me off...your family hates him...they loved me...they aren't even going to the wedding haha...and I really do wish you luck...because you are definitely going to need it...and I really do owe you some thanks though...you irritated me enough at work to force me to get a real job...you ignored me for a week and a half when he came back and town and thats when I found someone else...and I really couldn't be happier...and I really had zero feelings toward you at the end...I didn't want you anymore...I wasn't mad...maybe a little disappointed when you lied right to my face when all I asked for was the truth...but I was over that the next day...and when ever we would end up at the same place because of mutal friends...I would just laugh...and you would look soo uncomfortable...you should have saw your face when they asked about my new girlfriend...and you should have saw your face again when you brought up the wedding and I laughed...but I don't even care enough to be petty...I really just feel sorry for you...everyone around knew that I was good for you...because they told you...everyone knew that you were bad for me...cause they told me...but I didn't care...cause I did like you at some point...and you threw it all away...I feel sorry cause you are going to be miserable for as long as you are with him...you used to come into work crying everyday...arms and wrists bandaged up...and that is the life you picked...when I gave you everything that he couldn't and won't give you...and I did it with everyone telling me I shouldn't and everyone telling me what I already knew...they you were going to get back with him...because I thought that there was a chance that if I gave you the opposite of what he was...you would see that you deserve better...but obviously you are too blinded by...I don't even know what you're blinded by...but I really don't think your life will be a happy one...and I just feel sorry for you...

the ex

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:41 pm

Dear You,

I miss you a lot. More than you know. I miss talking over things with you and having someone who quotes random literature to me as a part of supervision. I think I got pretty damn attached to you, actually, which is not normal for me. So, now that I don't have an official reason for talking to you, I'm not sure if it's okay to try to talk to you anyways.

But I miss you and wish we were friends.

Me
Last edited by starlooker on Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:17 pm

Dear you,

Thank-you for staying with me last night. It was really a great consolation to me and I'm not sure I could have finished without your presence.

~me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:28 pm

Dear you,

'Forever, if you wish it, I remain your friend.'

My sincerest apologies; I was a jerk but I still love you dearly.

Lea

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:47 pm

Dear You,

I really like you. I mean, I like you, like you. But you can never know.

-me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:53 pm

Dear you,

Sorry, but that just reminded me of the Like LIKE like "Ozy and Millie" strip.

-me
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:42 pm

Dear you,

I was actually thinking of Hey! Arnold. My life is one giant of episode of that show.

-Me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:58 pm

Dear You,

You are my best friend for a reason. Thank you for the talk.

Always,
Kelly
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:19 pm

Dear you,

Remember to check the notes on each line before trying to translate it. It may save you hours of work.

~yourself
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:59 am

Dear you,

I will continue to not wear a helmet. Apologies.

-me
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Dear you,

Why do you have to be angry when I say that conflicting faiths are a relationship issue? It is, and I'm sorry you can't accept it.

(Secretly) Love,

Me

PS: Why did you have to come back, anyway? I was doing just fine with you safely away.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:23 pm

Dear You,

You are infinitely confusing. Your messages are so mixed that all they seem to do is cancel each other out. I have absolutely no idea how to read you. Basically, you're just completely incomprehensible to me. But just for the record, I am completely crazy about you. I know I'm never going to be able to actually say that to you, but I just have to say somewhere, in some incarnation, just how much I care about you. I care for you, I care about you, I care about your life and your world and the people in your world and I care about the things you care about because if you care about them they must be worth while. I care about what you're thinking, about what you're doing, and where you happen to be at any given moment, and most of all I care about what you think of me. And I know I put a good chunk of my time and energy in trying to act as nonchalant and haphazard in my attentions as possible, but I've just got to say somewhere just how much I care about anything that's even loosely related to you. Sometimes I'm afraid that you've seen through me, that you know just how much of an act all of it really is. But most of the time I'm more afraid that you actually buy it.

I just want you to know, although it will probably never matter, that I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. I know you. I know who you are. I know that might sound creepy since I don't actually know you all that well technically... but all the same, I know you. I know all of the adorable, irristable, unscripted bits of you that render me completely useless... but I also know the ugly bits, the incongruious harshness, the crude insecurities, the unexpected brashness in you that turns some people off. I've accepted that fact you are kind of an a******. And the weird thing is, I'm kind of okay with that. I'm not sure if that should worry me, but it doesn't. The only thing that worries me in all of this is that while I feel like I see you so clearly, that I've recognized and accepted each facet of you as I've seen it and eagerly await more discoveries... I'm terrified of how you see me. I'm mostly afraid that you barely even see me at all, that you just register the blip on your radar and move on without much notice. I think it's possible that it's never even occurred to you to see me as anything worthwhile at all.

I know that whatever I say here isn't going to make any difference... but I just have to voice this out somewhere. I'm here, dammit. And I'm worth seeing. I am, really. I know that I might not seem like much... but just look another while longer. If you did you would realize just how much we have in common, you would see how much we have to connect on... if you really gave it an honest effort you would look at me and recognize a kindred spirit. And I truly think you would fall for me just as horribly as I've fallen for you. I just wish I could scream it at you. But since I can't, let me just say here, just to get it out of my system... I could be so f***king good for you. I really could. I know that sounds arrogant and vain and inflated of me, but I truly believe that your life would be better if our relationship were in it. Saying that mine would be better too is just wasting air, because really, that's pretty obvious. But I could open up parts of yourself you've never seen, I could balance out the harshness, I could give you new perspective, I could ease your life is so many little ways. I could be so good for you.

We would be so right together, it would scare you. Just see me.

That's all I want.

Just see me.

Yours if you'll notice,
me
The password is "guilty"

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:40 pm

Dear You,

How much I've changed in this year! I just wanted to thank you. You, along with many other people, but you in particular. It actually hasn't been a year, but over eight months now and so I define that as a year. It's funny watching yourself grow up, or, I should say grow. Because "grow up" implies that it's stopped, and I know it hasn't. And I'm glad it hasn't. You've helped me look at things so differently, though. The world seems just a bit meaner and just a bit nicer when I talk with you and I love that. I love the way it feels when I can laugh because of you and cry because of you. I've watched you through some difficult times, and.. although I never showed it all to you, so you have watched me through difficult times in my life, as well. I just hope you can understand what a great friend you are to me. And not just to me, but to your other friends too. I've seen how much you care about them and how much you long to be there when they need help and how you help them as much as you possibly can.

Anyway, I was just hoping to thank you because I don't think I do so enough. Not nearly enough.

Always, me.

Dear You,

Please forgive me for not being able to help. I just can't do it. I don't know why. I want to. I want to give you the right answers to all of your questions and I want to show you that you are what you think you aren't. I want you to believe me, but I don't think we know each other well enough. And I'm sorry.

-me

Dear You,

I just hope I learn how to talk with you. You really are something wonderful. I just feel so awkward and out of place.. so immature next to you. And, I want to meet your standards and make you happy. I want to help. You deserve happiness more than most and I hope one day, if I can't give it to you, then someone else can.

-me

Dear You,

Your life is changing, as well as your personality, I hope you know who you're becoming, because I'm scared. I think change is good for you, but.. the unknown is still the unknown. And not knowing scares all hell out of me. I know you're scared of what other people think of you and who you are in front of them. I know you're scared of who you let in on your secrets because you've forgotten how to trust, but I know that you're dying to let it all out and to let people see who you are on the inside. I know that's a beautiful person you're keeping in there, and I think the world would be a better place if you let go. People care about you. I care about you.

Love, me.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets." -Goku, DBZ

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Totoro To-to-ro

Postby shadow-petra » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Dear You(s),

Just shut up. I can't stand how you think you're all that, so good in my life. you really aren't. Okay, you're going to sponser my China trip. Big woop. The only reason you're doing this is so I can be more Asian. Be like your "pefect" friends' sons and daughters, going to Harvard, become pharmacists, making money, blah blah. If I went to any other place in the world, you wouldn't think twice to rant on how my mother and I are an embarrassment. It's not like you lot have done any better.
You want respect, I gave it to you for more than half of my life. And what do I get? A kick in the ass and a self-esteem issue. Now that I'm older, you can't stand not being able to control me. I can't believe I even let you do that to me in the first place. I'm not a wild child, You're just crazy idiots. You're part of the reason why I'm so good at vball. Just imagining your faces on that ball and getting aces and kills, it's the greatest feeling in the world. So I guess I do have to thank you for accelerating my passion for my sport. Thank you.

-me

Dear You,

Why are you doing this? You had one year of experience at college...that makes you an expert? I'll run my staff the way I want it too. My Co and I should've been able to choose our staff,not by your lack of judgement. You didnt-and still don't- know the range of students capable of doing this job. At the moment, I can count 4 of the 9 editors I want out. If you want to be apart of this. Be in the room when we're working. That's your job. The other advisor planned it that way, and things ran smoothly. She learned how to work the programs, she knew what we were doing at all times. Learn, and I may be more fond of you.

-me

Dear You,

You gotta talk to me. You can't hide and make up excuses for that stuff. I may not be in all honors, or working my ass off in my studies, but I'm not stupid. I know what I see, and given your behavior, I can connect the dots. Others have to, so I don't see why you're trying to cover it up with such a bad lie.
And be careful. you're moving too fast with him. Your mom's crazy to let you go all the way to his house. And your future plans? You've only known him for 2 months! I know you're one who'll sit at home for a week when it's over, and probably do more damage to yourself. I'm begging you to just think it through.

-me

Dear You,

I need someone. Just give me someone.

-me

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:09 am

Dear Pweb,

How the hell did nearly all threads get a few more pages added? What, did they add blank posts? XD

-Confused Me

Dear you,

Please, answer my prayers. I know about me being a great sinner and all, but still, many people are much worse, and it's inherited, not created (well, most of it): I asked for it like a million time, and I know I didn't really try all that much-though I tried-but can't you make the other side try? And could you please stop making me a geek magnet?

..If you don't, I might just call the devil.

Thank you for everything in my life.
Love,

Me
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do, we do!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:24 am

Dear BDM,
The default number of posts per page is 15 or so; we previously had it set to ~35 before the transfer. It'll likely be fixed very soon.

P_G

Dear you,
I'm glad that you're posting again, though a little disappointed that you're doing it incognito. Why don't you drop the Confessions username and use your own? I know everyone would be happy to see you're paying attention to lil old Pweb. :P By the way, it's that serious now? Hmm. Cool.

Me

caretgraff
Launchie
Launchie

Postby caretgraff » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Oh, You!

I should've stayed... it's not like I ever get to see you, and it isn't likely that I'll see you again soon (... ever?!!). I wish I could go back in time, demand to be prescribed antibiotics on Thursday, and saved myself from the trouble of regret and this nasty cough. I wish I had all the right words, the right hair, the right wit, because as it is, all my rights are wrong and all your rights are very right, and it just doesn't seem fair. But mostly I wish you weren't going anywhere... Next time I'll just say "sure" and eat dinner twice. :)

Be super careful. I know you won't, but it'll make me feel better to tell you to do it. Don't be so arrogant that you don't get to come home, because we love you and you probably owe some of us money. I love you, but I won't say "I", because you'd never talk to me again if I did.

I'm glad you're not above sending text messages, also. :D

Yours regardless,
holly

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Dear You,

You dyed yourself green today. Would that my camera could pick up the shading!

-- Amused

Dear You,

Pictures! PicturespicturespicturesPICTURES!

Um, please? *hopeful, innocent smile*

-- Wants one too.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Return to “Milagre Town Square”