Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:44 pm

Dear You,

I'm here.

~me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Virlomi » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:26 am

Dear You,

Oh come on, seriously? Wow. How did I ever like you?

-me

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:27 am

Dear you,

thanks for the history lesson.

me
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:03 am

Dear you,

I feel bad that you had the misfortune to wander into chat when you did. Of all the absurd out of context things to stumble into...

-- Me
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:30 am

Dear You,

Once I realized that it takes 50 posts to get back to being a Soldier, I got so freaking discouraged. I am not here, and I dont like discussions much. Dang it...

-B_15

Dear You,

I wish I could tell you that you are beautiful. I wish that I could explain to you that, when we were introduced, my heart broke because you are so beautiful. I never understood the phrase 'heartbreakingly beautiful' until I met you. I am not sure that I am glad that I understand it, now.

-He who sits in the back row

Dear You,

I cannot tell you what that meant to me. I needed that, more than I can express to you. The fact that you wont talk to me, now, is bad, but... at least you answered. That helped me, very muchly and a lot. *sigh* Why wont you just answer me? Even just to tell me to go and fsck myself. At least I would know. Dang....

-Dan

Dear You,

I will work on being nicer, if you work on being smarter. Die, rot, and burn.

-Me

Dear You,

So, the thing that you enjoy so much is the cause and the result of the thing itself, huh? Why dont you just make your life easier and get a lobotomy?

-You

Dear You,

3 hours of DDR and no stretching... What the heck were you thinking?

-You

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:37 am

Dear you (two),

You told me. You told me! You finally told me!

I could kiss you both. Instead, because I know you wouldn't appreciate that, I'm going to let you kiss each other.

Eeee! You told me!!

- don't mind me, I'm just a writer

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:33 am

Dear You,

ARGH why must you TOY with me? You get my hopes up that soon, soon, it will all be over and I can relax. I go to bed thinking that tomorrow, or perhaps the next day, will be better. Then I wake up to your cruel laughter! Ha-ha! Not yet! It's been so long already! Have mercy!

-- Cold and Cranky
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Dear You,

I'm researching a topic that's so understudied and has so much potential. I'm very excited. If I were so inclined, I could write a book! Are you proud of me?

-- Swphepwebber

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:42 am

Dear You,

If you got a f****** problem with me or my work, come to me about it; or at the very least vent another supervisor about it. Don't be talking s*** about me to group leaders or especially to f****** inspectors. The last thing I need is to have an inspector walk in and say "oh so you're the one he called a lazy bastard"
f*** you.

--Your boss
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

fawkes
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: punk

Postby fawkes » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:53 pm

Dear Jayelle:

I paged you at work the other day. What the hell?

~ working girl
Step one, take off your shirt. Step two ... Step three, PROFIT!

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:28 pm

...?
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:39 pm

Dear you,

I'm in shock that you actually called me. Not a bad kind of shock, but I honestly didn't know what to say.

You said you were calling back in about an hour, hopefully I can think of something to talk about by then.

- Nicole
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:05 pm

Dear you,

I'm rather surprised at your invitation, but I will try to contact you next week, hopefully. And I'm a little annoyed at myself for not asking you how you would like to be called...

~me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:22 pm

Dear You,

I'm extremely proud of you! And excited for you! You are awesome!

Swphpwebber

P.S. I'm always proud of you, silly. But this sounds really awesome :)
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:13 am

Dear you,

I know you know, and I know that yesterday was your attempt to help, to do anything. I've seen how you handled things like this before with other people, I know what you think, and I don't to hear it right now. There are reasons I pretend to be asleep when you're at my door. Maybe i'll want your help later on, but right now, I don't even want to be around you.

- buddy

Dear you,

You make me so nervous, just the things you say. It's what i've been wanting to hear for who knows how long. I'm sorry I wasn't more coherent. It's just, some of the things you tell me, they're scary, and I don't know what it is about you, but it felt ok to tell you things. You get it.

- Nic

Dear you,

I don't know what to do. I don't know if i'm being the silent one or you.

- me

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:00 pm

Dear You,

Exploiting patients is not nice.

Your new sworn enemy
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:38 pm

Dear you,

I realized recently that you actually hurt me more than he did; which is incredible. He manipulated and demeaned me. He broke my integrity, my spirit, my will. I was a fragile shell of my former self when he was done with me. But do you know what was left inside that shell? My heart. My big, compassionate, trusting heart. Somehow it survived. And then you broke it. You broke my heart. The one thing that had survived him. You are the one that finally proved to me that I should be wary of trusting people. After all the hurt and pain I have survived, it was not until you that I lost my innocence when it came to loving people.

When he was done with me...you helped me survive. You helped me rebuild myself. You helped me to break free from his control. You gave me the strength to finally tell the truth about what happened with him. I don't know if I would have been able to do those things without you. We had been casual friends before...but we became best friends. I thought of you as my sister. I would have done anything for you. You made so many promises of your unconditional love and support. And then I told what happened. And you believed him. You left me suddenly and completely. I don't care that he was your brother. You had never been close. He had been inappropriate with you in the past. You knew he had major issues. There was no good reason to choose him over me. But you did...and you broke my heart.

So, in the long run...I think you managed to hurt me more than all the abuse I suffered from him. How do you live with yourself? Do you realize what you've done? I know the answer. You don't. You have created a reality that you can live with. In which your brother is not a monster and I am not your friend. I miss you. But I will never let you into my life again. Ever.

-me
Last edited by Luet on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Totoro To-to-ro

Postby shadow-petra » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:41 pm

Dear you all,

I'm so sorry I had to do this. The decision was made long before I even made this year's team. You don't know how unwilling I was when I found out I had to give it up. But I can't not be at the yearbook. I am in charge of it so I must be there, even if I miss one term, which makes thing even more complicated. I'll be going to going to China for the second half of the year on the Chinese exchange program. Because of this, it makes trying out even harder. Most of the book MUST be finished before I leave, because I'm the only one who knows what to do. Of course there'll be a replacement, but there is so much a person needs to know to run it, there is no way you can learn in half a school year. I don't want to give it up, but I feel like yearbook will help me so much more for college. I will miss all of you, especially Mon. You'll have to find another warm-up buddy(she better not be shorter than me=P). I'll miss all of it, but I promise to come see home games.

Love,

Little Jazzy, Dirty libero, #3

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:00 am

Dear You,

Why did you say that? Didn't you learn the last time? Apparently not, because you went and did it, again. Geez you can be such a bonehead...

-You

Dear You,

Subject has 24 hours to respond, or the matter will be considered closed.

-Dan

Dear You,

I ran my tests, tonight... 2 out of 23 passed... 2! Is this even worth continuing to investigate? Why...? Why, why, why...?

-Dan

Dear You,

You said that you would call. Are you ever going to call? It has been a month or two, maybe more. I didn't expect either of you to do it, but you both said that you would. Oh wells.

-Dan

Dear You,

Just because I own DDR Universe does not mean that I want to play every day.. I am glad that you like it.. Fscking get over it, already..

-Danny

Dear You,

Why didn't I call? Did you pay your cell phone bill? No? Hmm. Idiot.

-Me

Dear You,

Thanks for a place to post this, I am really glad to have it..

-B_15
PWeb 2.0 Join Date:
October 19 2002, 08:01

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:06 am

Dear You,

It was wonderful talking with you for the short period of time that we were able to converse. I miss those times when I first met you and you'd teach me so much. But so far as of late, there's never enough time. Though I still get a glimpse of the past when we talk, and I want us to get back to that. Your friendship is much appreciated.

-me

Dear You,

You know more about me than you can imagine. Don't leave me, alright?

-me

P.S. If I could go back and rewrite the story, you'd always be a part of it.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets." -Goku, DBZ

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:19 pm

Dear you,

I'm sorry you had to deal with me today. I am probably the crotchetiest old young person you'll ever have to deal with at your job. But the danged thing didn't have a RING! It wouldn't let me DO stuff my way! It was a horrible wretched phone, and it took me about 5 minutes to fall in hate with it.

I don't usually return stuff, but I hated it. The last time I felt such loathing was when my orthotics got screwed up (that was worse, I admit). I am pretty easy-going and I hate making a big deal, so if I return something, there's something really wrong. I know you were just doing your job and you were honestly baffled by me, but I didn't want to record a ring, I wanted a ring already ON THE PHONE because that's what phones DO, they ring!

And after spending about 3 hours in that awful mall going to every cellphone place there was and looking at numbers and minutes and plans... my head was spinning. I was not at my best, I admit, and you (lucky!) had to deal with that. I apologise for any inarticulate or impolite speech.

Thank you for finding me the phone I wanted, even if I'm a little peeved that you wouldn't give me the special I was promised for the deal I signed up for. The phone was a cheaper, older model that no one probably wants anymore but me and the 55+ crowd. You SAVED money, so trying to find a way to make the deal up would have been nice. Nevertheless, you were just doing your job at the end of a long day.

I hope you never see me again, and that your friends and co-workers can get a laugh out of the crazy girl who wanted just a danged phone.

-- Exasperated

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:46 pm

dear housemates,

sometimes i am quite surprised about how all of this turned out.

with one, any intimacy that we had in our relationship slowly disintegrated, largely due to your inability to consider another person's point of view. you rarely think beyond yourself. i'm not necessarily saying it as a bad thing, but i don't know how it's possible to not think how what you do affects others.

one began at a distance and remained there. our friendship was constant, but not deep. we rarely do things just the two of us. i'm not really sure why.

one slowly fell away, mostly due to circumstance. you were busy. you stopped leading bible study with me. you don't live down the hall anymore. sad. but i know i could always come to you with anything. you are probably one of the only people who is willing to tell me when i'm out of line or when i should have handled something better. thank you for that.

one became much closer. we hung out in groups only before moving in and didn't often talk one-on-one, but you are probably the person i've been the most honest with in the house about how i feel and what's going on in my life. our "complaining walks" were therapeutic for me, even though i probably shouldn't have been complaining at all. i have come to appreciate a lot of your quirks and realize when to give you space. some of my favorite times with you was going to "study" and having heart-to-hearts instead.

but it's funny, my closest friend in the house is the one i knew the least moving in, and probably one of my least likely friends ever. you taught me to not to stereotype and judge people based on first impressions. you are a true example to me in how to express love, and i hope that you have felt loved by me. we've certainly shared a lot.

to all of you, i have been so thankful for you the past two years. you have added so much to not only my college experience, but to my life. you will forever shape my friendships and my outlook on life. even when we haven't spoken in a long time, i hope our friendship continues and remains strong.

i am going to miss you.

look at me, being all sentimental and mushy months before we move out...

-your housemate

fawkes
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: punk

Postby fawkes » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:08 pm

...?
There's a girl at work named Janelle, and I called her up to the front (or tried to), but I said your name instead. "Jayelle to the front please, Jayelle to the front..."
Step one, take off your shirt. Step two ... Step three, PROFIT!

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:11 pm

Dear you,

You have to stop. At the time it seems like a quick fix, and I know you think you're helping, it's too much.

It makes me feel guilty.

- Nic

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:28 pm

...?
There's a girl at work named Janelle, and I called her up to the front (or tried to), but I said your name instead. "Jayelle to the front please, Jayelle to the front..."
heehee...

I think I would answer to Jayelle in real life.... but I'm not entirely sure.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Nova
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nova » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:10 pm

dear yous,

thank you for making my day awesome!

-erin
the opposite of war isn't peace...it's creation.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:21 pm

...?
heehee...

i answered to Val once. of course, the person wasn't talking to me at ALL. so it was sort of awkward.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Hegemon
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Hegemon » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:24 pm

...?
heehee...

i answered to Val once. of course, the person wasn't talking to me at ALL. so it was sort of awkward.
Not as awkward as when I did it :P

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Virlomi » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:01 pm

Heck, at this point, I would answer to Jayelle, I think.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:16 pm

I actually would answer to Fred. On the phone I don't even think twice about it anymore.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:09 pm

Dear you,
I honestly feel like you stabbed me in the back by doing that...and I'll be the first to admit I have no right to feel that way. I just don't understand why, and that's simply from lack of explanation that's not owed to me. I don't know. That tainted things, it really did. I don't know how much I can open up to you now.
-Alea
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:10 pm

dear you,

happy 26th birthday, my darling. i wish i could celebrate it with you. i love you.

love,
Kel
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby peterlocke123 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:49 pm

dear you,

we should go get some sushi sometime. and thanks for always taking the time to say hi to me in the halls. i really appreciate it.

-Loo^2

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:45 am

I sort of mentally "twitch" whenever I hear someone say zero. And it happens quite a lot, as you might expect.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Virlomi » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:56 pm

Dear You,

Um... was that to me? I'm starting to get really nervous. I don't know if I could handle that right now.

I don't think I'm doing really well. I think I might go see a counciler tomorrow. I'm supposed to be the one referring people to health and counciling, not going myself. But, well, I don't think I'm doing very well over the last few days. Anyway, yeah.

Just let me know if that was to me, and I guess I'll try to find some way to fix it, even though I have no clue what it's about. I need you, and I miss you, and I love you, and I'm just feeling alone right now. That's all.

-me

Return to “Milagre Town Square”