Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:15 pm

Dear You,
The Grand Canyon, George Harrison's "What is Life," my phone, A Prairie Home Companion, Facebook...the list goes on, and on, and on. There are reminders everywhere. Most of the time, I can hardly remember what it is I miss so much; I just know I miss something that you had the power to take away. But there are some moments, that happen when I least expect them to, where I remember all to well and clearly what it is I miss. It's for those moments that I keep playing "The Scientist." This is almost over, I hope.

-Me
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:19 am

Last edited by anonshadow on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liquifiedrainbows
Soldier
Soldier

Postby liquifiedrainbows » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:22 pm

*ommitted*

liquifiedrainbows
Soldier
Soldier

Postby liquifiedrainbows » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:19 pm

Dear luminousnerd and liquifiedrainbows,

Seriously, now. One of you get an avatar, or at least put something in your signature. You're making me so hopelessly confused when I mix up those names I see on the left when I glance at them too quickly.

-me
dear you,

Me doing something annoying? Wow. That's new. :D

But seriously, I will get one when I find something I like. I can't find anything that works for me so I haven't done it yet.

me

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:14 pm

Last edited by anonshadow on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:22 am

Dear you,

I know you're little and hurt, but I also know you're fierce and tough. Just make it through the night, I have a feeling that if you do you'll be ok. Just be the fierce little girl I know you are.

- your owner
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Miss Abbie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Miss Abbie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Dear you,

I guess I can't help but dislike you strongly just now.

It's not quite fair, considering the bit about how I don't know you all that much. That much at all. I thought you were a decent girl. I tried to vouch for you, I tried to make people think that, you know, maybe you weren't so bad. I mean, you were nice enough at dorm meetings. You're quiet, which is something that I tend to like in people. All these things.

But.

I can't believe you did that. You're ridiculous. He is THE NICEST BOY in this whole entire school. He always, always, always cares about what you have to say and he'll always do whatever he can to make his friends smile and you--you especially he treated so well. Being special to him, you get such wonderful treatment. I mean, he already thinks of every person he meets as a gift, and then to have that on top of everything... didn't you see it? It's not so unclear, that he genuinely just loves.

Now, I can see why you wouldn't want to date him. God knows I don't. The difference is that I wouldn't date him because I don't want mushy crap to get in the way of our friendship. You just... I don't know, you have problems with his naivety, I guess. Like you're some sex goddess who knows all about romance and will only have the best of partners. Even that is fine with me, though. If you want to think so highly of yourself that you think him unworthy of you, fine. Fine, fine, fine, I don't care, but you didn't have to string him along for THREE MONTHS. And NOW, after ALL THIS TIME, you suddenly think he ought to know how yucky he is, and this boy who is never ever ever ever ever EVER sad is calling me in tears. Not because of you, really, he was fine with the idea of never dating you. It was what you said to him and how you acted up until that single moment. Now he's worried about who he can trust to be telling the truth when they say that he's a good person, that they like spending time with him. YOU said all those things, and then you told him that he's DISGUSTING.

Ugh.

I'm going to beat you about the head and neck with a frying pan.

-the girl across the hall
If you ever find yourself reading a book entitled The Bible, you will find yourself reading the story of Adam and Eve, whose daring lives led them to put on clothing for the first time to escape from the snake infested garden in which they were living.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:24 pm

Dear yous,

Thank you for a wonderful evening. It was good to finally get together for our little kitchen party.

-- Happy
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Firegirl
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Firegirl » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:38 am

Dear dear you,
I'm glad I met you in the first place, I would not have it any other way. You and I both know that you are very fond of me as I am of you, but did you (even tho' we've only been together a short time) know that I would go to the end's of the earth for you?
You are important to me in so many ways. I'll have to list them sometime in their entirety (that might take a while). Just don't try to save everyone else, forgetting yourself in the process. You are a wonderful sweet kind human being who also is an internalizer (yes you know who you are, there you are looking like you ate a Canary, yes you missed a feather :D ) who sometimes is overwhelmed by stress, just take care of yourself.
Yours,
Me
You feed the original flame that burns inside of you, because you know that is the only way you will get to live the life that is meant to be yours. Siv Cederling

"I've got sunspots where my heart used to be"

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:25 am

Dear You,

Yesterday, I saw the sun shining
And the leaves were falling down, softly
And my cold hands need a warm, warm touch
And I was thinking about you

Here I am, looking for signs to lead me
You hold my hand, but do you really need me
I guess it's time for me to let you go

But I'll be thinking about you
I'll be thinking about you

So when you sail across the ocean waters
And you reach the other side, safely
Could you smile a little smile for me
Cause I'll be thinking about you

--Your Camy
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:51 pm

Dear You,

I miss you. All of you. I miss you guys so much that it hurts.

-Me

Dear You,

I have been trying to contact you. Especially YOU.

-Dan

Dear You,

Thanks for letting me vent. I know it was a huge post, but I needed it.

-Borommakot_15

Dear You,

Can I have a hug? Please? I haven't had a hug since last February, and I can feel the damage to my heart and soul, because of it. Please? For the love of all that tastes like chicken, please...

-Me
PWeb 2.0 Join Date:
October 19 2002, 08:01

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Dear you (s),
A certain girl (me) will be in NYC from March 24th to April 1st...so in a little less than two months...and that girl wants to meet a certain someone or two (you). So. Ask Janelle or Fris, I'm real. You can even ask Janelle if I'm dangerous and she'll vouch for me being nice and safe. [Please don't ask Fris...you'll get a different answer, but I maintain it's his fault he got the bloody nose.; he's clumsy and ran into my fist.] Please say you'll meet me. *puppy-dog eyes* If you say no, I may develop a stutter. P-p-please don't do that to me.

-Alea

Dear you (s),
The problem with befriending guys is the same problem mothers have with sons. A woman comes into their life and they're as good as gone. I'm happy for you guys, but I also miss you immensely.

-Alea

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:58 pm

Dear you,
Please please please answer the phone. I'm going crazy here. I need to talk to you about this. I'm sorry I didn't answer earlier. Seriously. Flipping out. Need girl talk.

Love,
Kim

Dear you,
*hugs* It's nice to see you back.

Air bad intravaneous air bad!
Kim

Dear you,
I love you.

-Kim

Dear you,
Are you avoiding me. It seems like you sign off every time I IM you. I've been listening to Dashboard Confessional lately, which fits with my mood and reminds me of you. I want a chance to talk to you... just about nothing, even. Please get on and stay on for more than 30 seconds.

-me

Dear you,
March 1-4. That's when I will (ok, might.. it's like 90% assured) be in Tulsa. Definitely on the 1st.. probably the second.. anything past that depends on how my basketball team does in the tournament.

Oh, and I'm still curious about how one irradiates a phantom.

--Kim
-Kim

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:21 pm

Dear you,

I have to read about medieval France tonight, and thanks to you, it is actually interesting!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby peterlocke123 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:26 pm

Dear you...

Thank you so much. I had an incredible night once we started hanging out. I hope you had just as good a time as me. Thanks again, love always,

Loo^2

Dear you...
We talked a lot more than usual today. It felt good to get back into that habit. Thanks

Loo^2

Miss Abbie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Miss Abbie » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:26 pm

Dear you,

He is quite attractive, and I at least like to think that I have a better chance than she does. Maybe if I went after him something would happen.

However.

I have a strict no-boyfriend policy.

I just can't do it. It's not worth it, to ruin a friendship, and all for what? Some spit trading? Mushy words that don't mean anything and stuffed animals that you don't want? How is that a fair trade-off?

Now, I understand that lots and lots of people want a significant other, are dying to be in love. I'm just--not, okay? It's not your problem, and it's not mine, so why are you making it such an issue? I'm not saying anything about what you should do with your life, only trying to have some control over mine. And I don't care if you think dating Chris would be a good way to get back at her, because it doesn't matter so much to me whether people dislike me or not. There is very little that I can do about it, and I don't see how hurting her would make her like me more.

Seriously, just please drop the issue. I can't take it anymore.

-Me

Dear you,

I've been listening to Darren Hayes again because god knows why. It makes me think of you. And also of good old dead Chris. And also of Gil.

Good old dead Chris.

Oi.

Abbie
If you ever find yourself reading a book entitled The Bible, you will find yourself reading the story of Adam and Eve, whose daring lives led them to put on clothing for the first time to escape from the snake infested garden in which they were living.

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:04 am

Last edited by anonshadow on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:49 pm

Dear You,

You are an idiot. You have made me miserable. Currently, I hate you. Don't f*** it up again.

-- In pain and pissed

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:34 am

Dear you,

Yes, I was at work, just like every other weekday from 4-2ish. However, the three of us all appear to be available Saturday, so maybe we can try then. :)

- TW
The enemy's fly is down.

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:43 am

Dear you,

It was great talking to you tonight, we should do it more often.
Also, very exciting, I can hardly wait.

Me

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:34 pm

Dear you,

Yay! You're back!

~me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:18 pm

Dear you,

...muh? How on EARTH are YOU logged in to amazon on my computer?!

~bewildered me
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:16 am

Dear You,

I love you. It's nice to be home.

Me
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby peterlocke123 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:11 am

Dear you,

It seems like every second of the day I'm thinking back to that evening. That was possibly one of the best times I've ever had. I'll love you always,

Loo^2

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:32 pm

Dear you,
That was disappointing...and I'll admit, you really had me going there for a second. I know it was silly of me to think you meant it the way I initially took it...but I couldn't help it! Confession time: I have a tiny crush on you. Your appreciation for sci-fi (Star Wars specifically), your humor (always a major turn-on for me), your outgoing personality (perfect balance to my reserved personality), your athleticism...the fact that you were not born in 1987, and are actually 6 years older than me... *smirk* all of that is highly attractive. I don't have strong feelings for you, but if you keep sitting yourself next to me all the time and making me laugh, I may not be able to help it if the feelings grow.

Your fellow department member,
Me

Dear you,
I was looking through your pictures on Facebook the other night and there was never a moment where I was not stunned by how beautiful you really are. I mean it. You have no idea how excited I am to see you again, to be in your presence. I hope everything is going well. We really need to do this "talking" stuff more. I love you, with all my heart.

Lea

peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby peterlocke123 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 am

Dear you,

According to TaTa: "It's Goin Down" Hopefully you feel the same. Can't waitttt!!!

Loo^2

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:55 am

Dear you,

Please consider me for work? I will love you forever...

~me

Dear you,

Please give me money? I'm a good student, really.

~me
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

lovesonia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lovesonia » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:53 am

Dear You,

God, it was good to hear from you. You sound so different. It all sounds so different from when I left. Or even from when I was there New Years. I miss you all. Though, I'm kind of glad I'm not there to see it slowly fall to pieces.

What if I do have to come back? What am I going to do if you're not all best friends? How am I going to interact with any one of you, talking about the good old days, if you hate each even the mention of each other? I don't think I can do it...

You, though. You will ALWAYS be in my heart. No matter what. We talked about everything and spent so much time together, just being ourselves. I'd call at two in the morning and we'd hang out until we were both so tired we had trouble getting home. Then everyone else came into the picture and it was about all of us rather than any two of us. And then there was the drifting apart because I had to prepare, mentally and physically, for the move that I really didn't want to make. I had no choice in the matter.

And now, here we are. Do I even know you any more? I know you still pace through the house, you're still crazy, funny and have more wisdom than anyone would expect of you, that will never change. But you're different in some way. I can't figure it out...

I know it's pointless to wish things back to how they used to be... But sometimes I can't help it. I wonder what it would be like if we had done things differently. If we'd worked a little less, spent a little more time together, if I had had more interesting things to say...

How you ever found me interesting is still beyond me. How you ever grew to think of me as your best friend is also beyond me. I just hope I'm not being lost in the shuffle.

Love always,
N
~~~
Dear You,

I almost replied "As you wish." I knew I was in troublesome waters the second it came to mind... but before I could change the channel... I realized that I mean it.

Love,
Nikki
~~~~
Dear You,

I miss you so much. I miss your wisdom. I miss your stories. I miss your poems. You're bound to be long gone, but I think of you all the time. I see feathers on the ground and I pick them up because they remind me of you. I save poems because they remind me of you. I am who I am because you taught me to appreciate life and all its wonders. I never thought I'd have to live life without you and it felt like my heart was dust when I realized I do.

I never thanked you enough for all that you did for me. You were truly one of a kind, and I thank you for sharing yourself and your life with me.

Thank you. I am eternally grateful.

Love,
Little One
HAiaSMG

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 pm

dear oreo,

i will miss you. a lot. i need some closure so i thought i would relive some of our good memories. i remember the day you were born. i was so excited to have kittens. quickly it became obvious that you were the big, dumb, lazy one of the group. while all the other kittens played and ran around, you laid in the corner and napped most of the time. when the other kittens left you became antisocial for a few months, but soon you became very social, both with us and with peaches, our other cat. you loved peaches, didn't you? you two got along great. i remember times when you napped together, and it was so sweet.

i loved it when you laid on my lap and tried to lick my hands and my face. i loved how you would sleep there until i moved. but one of my favorite memories is of when you got scared and ran upstairs really fast and ran into my sister's door. i think it may have caused you permanent brain damage though, you never were the same after that. we had a run of good jokes with that one, huh?

when we got dusty you became antisocial again. i'm sorry for the distress it caused you. you always were a nervous cat when it came to strangers. having people over sent you straight to the basement, and you didn't return until hours after the guests had gone.

when i left for college you weren't "my" cat anymore. you became very close to mom, and that's ok. she loved you. it was very sweet that you kept her company all day when dad was at work and the kids were out of the house. even though she complained about having to take care of you, i know she loved you as much i did.

maybe it's stupid to write to a cat, but you meant a lot to me. thanks for being so great. i truly hope you didn't experience a lot of pain in your last days.

love,
me

SquigglyJane
Launchie
Launchie

Postby SquigglyJane » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Dear you,

I'm sorry I didn't call on your birthday. And then when you text messaged me, I'm sorry I forgot it was your birthday. But don't be mad, I remember the really important things.

-Me

Dear Keeps,

Don't be sick. And if you are, please don't be too sick until I can come home. Mom doesn't want you to be in pain, but I want to play fetch with you one last time.

I love you so much puppy.

Love,
Me

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:32 pm

Dear you,

Let me make this as clear as I can: in terms of people, I do not use the term "hate" very lightly, but I can and will make an exception in your case. You did something extremely hurtful to me, not just once, but multiple times. Your way of making yourself feel better for being such a monumental a****** is to tell yourself -and me- that is was as simple as making a mistake or by writing me a note and hoping that I'll see past the fact that you're too scared to actually just say anything, ever. Whether or not I actually believe your particular brand of bullshit doesn't matter, things happened the way they did and you had two options: act like a mature person and deal with things as best as you could, or the option you seemed keen on choosing, acting like the world's biggest ass about it.

You want to talk passive aggressive? You are a socially inept, weak, mean-spirited, cowardly f*** up who can't ever just face up to any of your mistakes. I've got news for you, buddy...you are f****** far from perfect. You are the antithesis of perfection. Have I ever been passive aggressive? Hell yes, but at least I have the courage to not only own up to it, but to also face a person when I have a problem with them. I would gladly tell this to you but you're such a coward, you hung up on me and then hit ignore when I tried to call back.

Keep putting up that wonderful front, though. Maybe, just maybe, if you keep acting like you're a decent human being you'll eventually turn into one or at least something closely resembling one.

I seriously regret the day I ever met you, I regret dating you, I regret going anywhere near you, I regret that I ever wasted time or money on you, and I sure as f*** regret the fact that I could ever and did ever think you were a decent human being.

I pity you, you piece of s***.

f*** you.

-A slightly enraged me ;)

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:28 am

Dear You,

Sorry, class took longer than expected and I just missed you when I got back.Maybe we can talk tomorrow.

The Blue-Eyed Wonder

lovesonia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lovesonia » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:11 am

Dear You,

I'm trying SO hard to be logical about this. It's not working. Like, at all. If I come see you... I might very well want to stay. I don't know if that'd be a good thing right now. If I don't... gah, I'll go crazy. I guess it might be wise to wait it out for a little while, yeah? Learning patience will come in handy sooner than I expected... I often wonder what you think about all this. Maybe you'll tell me sometime soon.

Love,
Nikki
~
Dear You,

While it really was a blast talking to you, I kind of wish it hadn't lasted 3 and a half hours. I feel really bad for thinking that, since you're usually quite willing to listen to my babbling. I've not talked on the phone for that long in quite a while, and really wasn't sure what to say to most of what you said... All I could say to a lot of it was "that sucks" and "Hopefully the year can only get better." It was nice talking to you, though. It's the first time we've talked in a long while that you weren't down about something. The note's on my monitor. I'll think about it and get back to you soon.

Take it easy.
-Nicole
~~
Dear You,

Treat me better and I just might keep you around. I don't deserve to be treated like s*** because you're unhappy. Once in a while is just fine. Every day for 7 months is, in no way whatsoever, okay. Knock off your s***, please.

Sincerely,
Me
~~~

Dear You,

Stop writing so many letters without sending them to their intended owners. Practice what you preach. Be a woman. You don't really have anything to lose... do you? No, I didn't think so. Also, back to a normal sleep pattern. No exceptions. Monday through Saturday, 1am. Also, stop forgetting to eat. It's not good for you, you know this. Finish putting up the canopy, will you? I'm tired of it sitting over the back of the chair, slowly gathering more black and grey fur. I'm going to move the chair today, even if mom'll just move it again when she gets in here with her feng shuinesses. Move it tomorrow and replace it with something a little more normal. Finish the most recent snail mail and send it off, as well.

K, thanks.

Love,
Yourself
HAiaSMG

Nicholas
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nicholas » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:21 pm

Dear you,
It looks like I have blown it. At least now, I realize what I did and I guess I have always known why. I am sorry.
~Meya
~Nick

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:57 am

Dear you,

Ya know, I didn't actually mean it when I said you were going to break a bone that day... Geeze... Anyways, I hope we're still on for this weekend, because broken toe or not, I have to get out of this town.

- Cole
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”