Introductions

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:51 pm

Really? Maybe I was dreaming of them then...

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:31 pm

Dude... it's canadian. all canuck beverages are alcoholic.
Well, you don't know that it is Canadian limeade. Not everything in the CA is Canadian (take me, for instance).
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Virlomi » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:34 pm

How many of us CAers are around these days?

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:16 pm

I'm Kim. Also called: Kimmie, Kimmy, Kimitha, cheese, MC (that one's mostly retired, though, because Ed doesn't call me that anymore), etc.

I once upon a fabled time had kittens.

I'm also kind of upset that DY got started by somebody else. I really liked seeing my name on the frontpage with it. :(
-Kim

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:29 pm

I'm also kind of upset that DY got started by somebody else. I really liked seeing my name on the frontpage with it. :(
It's my fault. I peer-presured her into doing it:
YIKES!

sorry, i just started DY before i saw this post..

should i take it down?

i can, i don't mind.
Does it actually matter who makes the thread?
i don't think so..
Mwahahaha! Now who wants to try some drugs? Come on, all the cool kids re doing it!

*edit*
Oh wait, she's not the new author, anonshadow is... Shame on you!
Last edited by neo-dragon on Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:30 pm

*cries* Kimmie, make another and let mine die! :( :( :( I'm sorry!

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:48 pm

to be fair, i DID start the DY thread here, and then i panicked and took it down.

also, Kimmy, do you prefer "y" or "ie" at the end of your name? i just realized that i'm never consistant with it, and go back and forth every time i address you. just wondering if you had a preference.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:55 pm

*cries* Kimmie, make another and let mine die! :( :( :( I'm sorry!
*pats* It's ok, 'Lena. I'm not that upset. It was just startling, is all. I'll get over it. Promise.

And, Kelly, I can't really decide on the name ending. I originally intended 'y' but people kept using 'ie' so I adopted it and now think of it that way instead. In conlcusion: whichever you want. :)
-Kim

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:56 pm

How about Kimmiey? :P

*still hiding* :(

peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby peterlocke123 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:14 pm

heyo, i'm lewis...i'm 16...was peterlocke123 on PWEB 2.0, a bit of a lurker...anyway, for those of you with facebook (college or high school alike) we have a facebook pweb group here: http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204609826 and thats about it

.lewis

Fris
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fris » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:31 pm

...we have a facebook pweb group...
That reminds me; I went to put all those links back in my sig, and the profile page bit me for them making my sig too long. I can't complain too much, though, as I do like the idea of a sig limit... I just wish it didn't count the codes.

Caspian
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ducky Consort

Postby Caspian » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:38 pm

I'm Caspian.

Married to Jayelle (and even proximity to a Mod has made me mad with power). Graduate student. Extremely sporadic poster.
It's not "noob" to rhyme with "boob". It's "newbie" to rhyme with "boobie".

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:46 am

I'm 20 and my name is Doug...and I'm one of the founders of the GPA in Calvinball

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:24 am

I'm Luet, Lutya, Nom. I've been here since the first or second day of the original Pweb 1.0. I'm 29 and a semi-retired married homemaker with no kids. Trying to recover from some traumatic life events. Haven't posted a ton but I've never really left!
Last edited by Luet on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Petra
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby Petra » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:26 am

And we love Lutya to no end.
"I seem to remember that when I was younger, overly sugared brats were sent down into the basement to fend for themselves, like Lord of the Flies."

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:35 pm

yup, it's true.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:32 pm

Awww, thanks guys!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Hegemon
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Hegemon » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:35 pm

GROUP HUG

Qing_Jao
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Qing_Jao » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:52 pm

I'm Sara. I put an underscore in my s/n this time, maybe I shouldn't have... anyway. I'm normally found in the chat and might be here more often since my normal hang-out forum has gone downhill a bit..
SARA

Nova
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nova » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:13 pm

hey i'm erin. i was around for a couple of weeks in pweb2.0. i have only posted a few times but i plan to post a lot more!

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:15 pm

hi,
I'm Teresa.... and I heart :stoned: and the fact that he shows up as : stoned : ..... I'm a a first year senior at my college. where I'm majoring in art and biology. I'm in love with a wonderful guy named chris, who's sister just had the cutes baby..... so I'm an almost aunt. But his family already calls me aunt Teresa *grins* tehehehe..... Love makes me silly.

anyhoo..... hi

pooka
Soldier
Soldier

Postby pooka » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:03 pm

I'm pooka and I'm an expatriate from Hatrack. I was registered around Aug 2003, but I don't know which incarnation of the board that would have been. Anyway, I think I'm going to like it here. I moved to Maryland last spring from Utah. I am old enough to have voted for Dukakis.

Hmm. Can anyone else see my avatar? I can't. Oh, okay it seems alright now. Read that helpful PSA on avatars. I guess right now my favorite Card book is Speaker for the Dead.

digging.holes
Launchie
Launchie

Postby digging.holes » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:09 pm

Yo Pooka. Long time no see.

Delphiki
Launchie
Launchie

*bump*

Postby Delphiki » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:26 pm

Hi everyone.

My name is Laura. I'm 22-years-old. I'm the same Delphiki from the old forums. I originally registered in 2001 and was active, but I haven't been here in the last year or so (but not more than two years) and I wasn't extremely active after a while, so if no one remembers me, no biggie. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the members who've registered in my absence, as well as to those who don't remember me from when I was active. I plan on being active at the PWeb forums again. :D

I tried visiting the forums (with the old link) sometime in the last few weeks (or maybe further back, I don't remember) and I noticed it wasn't working. What happened to the old one? Maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see anything here, and the News link on the main page (as well as a few others) isn't working. At first, I thought these were completely different forums (so many names I don't know), but when I saw some familiar names, I knew I was in the right place. :)

Anyway, hi, I'm back. :D

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:31 pm

Okay, I've been posting a lot in the past few days, but let me introduce myself.

My name is Seth, I'm a Junior at the Oregon Episcopal School in Portland Oregon. Despite the fact that I go to a religious school, I do not believe in any deity at all (see the "I don't believe in Atheists" thread). Hopefully I'll get to know everybody better!

So, Hi.

Ela
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Get off my lawn!!
First Joined: 0- 9-2000

Postby Ela » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:57 pm

*pops in*

*waves*

*pops out*

:twisted:

peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby peterlocke123 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:01 pm

*pops in*

*waves*

*pops out*

:twisted:
Hello,

Goodbye.

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:07 pm

Hello Goodbye - The Beatles -^

*waves back*

Ela
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Get off my lawn!!
First Joined: 0- 9-2000

Postby Ela » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:17 pm

:stoned: <- stoned kermit

Bevis
Soldier
Soldier

about time

Postby Bevis » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:51 pm

hello everyone, i'm joshua. i've been around pweb on and off, lurking and such for about what... well since 1.0 anyway. way back in the day. must be over 5 years now. dunno, been too long to remember.

i may not have jebus' post count, but i only tend to post when i have something to say.
I've been intending on posting an intro for awhile and just haven't. So tonight I figure I'll read the entire intro thread then add my own to it. A handful of posts down the first page I discovered this. If anyone has any question as to why it's funny, please see the last post thread in the game room.

Anyway, I'm Nick Bevis. I have an adorable & bright 29 month old daughter. I'm married to her beautiful & bright 272 month old mother. We live in Bristol, IN. Oh yeah, I check in at a whopping 320 months. I'm not net savvy but like to pretend. (The first time I saw ASL I thought someone called me a bad name.) I rarely posted on Pweb2.0 and used the names xwas4, glutz & Yknitsstraf at varying times. [/narcissism] :roll:

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:18 pm

hey, i've had this job for almost a year now, right? and the first 6 months i had plenty to do. however. after that, they stopped giving me any work to do. i started reading books, webcomics, and taking naps in my cubicle. still, they keep me on. i found out why: they make money just by having me employed there. so they don't care what i do while i'm there, just so long as i'm there. not the ideal job. i get bored. before Pweb died the second time i was a lurker. so between the two previous incarnations of Pweb i could only muster like 800 posts or so. anyway, i was in lurk mode and pweb died again. i forget how long it was down, but i realized just how much i missed this joint, and the people that post here... well... most of you anyway. so when it came up, i thought it would be diverting to start posting on pweb again. it would keep me a little less bored at work during the day. so it couldn't hurt. the game room is the most active place. so i started posting there. getting into the games. that's why my post count is as high as it is now. i still try to make my posts in the other boards as meaningful and as insightful as possible. though sometimes i just end up joking around. so sue me.

why am i explaining myself to this noob? :P
Ubernaustrum

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:20 pm

it couldn't hurt. the game room is the most active place. so i started posting there. getting into the games. that's why my post count is as high as it is now. i still try to make my posts in the other boards as meaningful and as insightful as possible.
Wow. Exactly how I got to #2.

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Virlomi » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:27 pm

Welcome!

I was raised in Bristol, IN!

Bevis
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bevis » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:37 pm

That's nuts! You were the first person to respond to my first post back Pweb2.0! I only know because I'm flipping around http://web.archive.org/web/200503132249 ... p?TID=4437 but still!

We've only lived here for 2yrs but love the town so much. Compared to Elkhart (where my wife's from) and Wawasee (where I'm from) this place is so damn easy to live in.

wigginboy
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 2-2004

Postby wigginboy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:05 pm

Hi, I'm Tristan. I joined Pweb 2.0 in January of 2004, so im coming up on my three years pretty soon. I joined as beans_shadow7, but during the transition from there to here, i decided i would like to change my name. I am turning 19 in January. I am originally from Coronation Alberta in Canada, but i moved to Red Reer (also in Alberta) about 3.5 years ago. I recently moved about four hours away to Lethbridge (yep, its in Alberta too) to be with my fiancee and to go to school. I have graduated high school, with a scholarship and honours, my diploma adorning my wall, but am upgrading and am currently a 94 % average student, in other words, A+. I plan to attend college starting in 2007 to become a geriatric recreational therapist. My fiancee (primevere, for those who dont know) and I plan to get married sometime in the future but havent set a definitive date. About four or five years though. Anyway, thats me in a nutshell.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”