Christians are delusional!

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!

Do you, as a Christian, believe that Jesus died and was subsequently corporally resurrected?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 28

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:44 pm

im·pos·si·ble (ĭm-pŏs'ə-bəl) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Incapable of having existence or of occurring.
2. Not capable of being accomplished: an impossible goal.
3. Unacceptable; intolerable: impossible behavior.
4. Extremely difficult to deal with or tolerate: an impossible child; an impossible situation.
Also from the American Heritage Dictionary, since that's the one you used.

As you can see, there are four definitions of impossible, and you are using only the first. The people you are talking to are using the second. That means that the word has - get this! - more than one meaning. And if YOU are the one who is going to use a definition that is different from the one commonly accepted in the context, then it is your responsibility to make it known so.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:56 pm

I'm not going to argue this. However, you have just as much of a burden in defining your terms as I have.

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:05 pm

Impossible is maybe a poor choice of word. I think that "illegal" would be more appropriate, since miracles would be events that violate the laws of nature. Another appropriate expression would be "physically impossible", where you are restricting the kind of impossibility to what physics laws allow.

But now that you arrived at a kind of agreement on the meaning of the words, please, don't get stuck in that point, and go on the debate from there ^_^

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:07 pm

I dunno, I offered you a definition for miracle which Yebra and Sibyl have quoted and you have ignored each time. And just so you don't have to scroll up to find it:

Would a better explaination of a miracle be, for you, something that is seemingly impossible yet happens all the same and cannot be explained?
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:12 pm

Well, there's not much to debate anymore. If I believed that miracles were impossible to happen, and yet I believed they happened, I would be mad.

Since I believe they are merely impossible to do, if one is a created being, but that they are entirely possible to happen, there's no contradiction in terms. And since this is what I, and others, have been arguing the whole time, it's up to eri to open the debate to further discussion. As he insists that only his definition of "impossible" is acceptable, I'm not sure what we can discuss.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:13 pm

I think that fits more with "mistery" than with "miracle", Rei ^_^

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:38 pm

you can claim that "God is mysterious" yada yada yada. I must admit, it's a great debating tool, because it essentially says "I don't have to be logical, so you can't argue against me."

I give up. This thread is dead. I've tried, but none of you have listened to me. You guys have led us to an impasse.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:05 pm

No, all it is is that we are working from a different set of background assumptions, and you refuse to give them any credibility. This "debate" was dead from the start because you won't listen to what people have to say. That's not logical and it's not "listening." It's sticking your fingers in your ears and going "lalalala, I can't hear you!"

I already said that if I accepted your definitions and your foundation, I'd agree with you. But since I don't, I can't agree with you. To make this a true dialogue, now you have to make the same admission. Then we can start talking.

Also, I haven't pulled the "ineffable God" card here. Merely the "omnipotent God" card, which is entirely different.

AnthonyByakko
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby AnthonyByakko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:03 am

Well alright! Now that casual interest has died down, let's get down to business.

There seems to be a great deal of intellectual onanism going on, moreso than usual for a Pweb thread. This in itself is not interesting, but the lack of scholarship and any semblance of a material discussion makes the thread read like a 9th grade Philosophy class.

Now, I'm not exactly the model of philosophical academia - this I readily understand. With anarcho-capitalist ideals in politics and ethics, objectivist leanings in epistemology, and a crude mishmash of a Northern Baptist upbringing and vague Buddhist tenets in metaphysics, all the branches of philosophy for me are, to say the least, conflicted. But I believe this offers me a unique (if schizophrenic) understanding of the seemingly opposing universes we are discussing here - the world of the knowable, tenable "rules", and the world of the spiritual, incorporeal, and "miraculous."

The problem I believe that we are having is that we once again fall into a Great Disconnect (a name I've stolen from Rand). We disconnect our brains from our hearts when we enter these kinds of discussions. I believe all parties are guilty of this. Instead of a rational, reasonable discussion on how certain, seemingly impossible events could have occured (and subsequently, why they happened and who caused them), we have a linguistic circle-jerk, a semantic pissing contest, and a closed-minded rejection of debate - which is the only reason to have the discussion in the first place.

Let's try, at least once, to look at the issue singularly; in the kind of philosophical vaccuum that topics like this can only really be explored in. Some people have touched on the answer; that impossible is possible if you happen to be the Person defining "impossible." But even this is too broad. Let's break it down further. There are, in my mind, two kinds of "miracles." First, we define "miracle" as something that cannot be performed, attained or set into motion by any current act of human volition. Secondly, we divide the common notion of "miracle" from the truly "miraculous" - this means seperating "merely improbable" events like spontaneous recovery from the "universally impossible" like the stoppage of time (sun standing still, etc).

In the former, we must acknowledge and accept, first and foremost, whatever scientific conclusions can be drawn - I believe it would be blasphemous for us to use the brains God gave us to reject what we can understand with them. In the former, we understand that our bodies, our brains and indeed the universe we live in are all amazing, not-yet-understood realities that can perform seemingly miraculous activities. Even if something happening has a statistically irrelevant chance, like a man's brain spontaneously shrinking a cancerous tumor(s), it does not have to mean that some ineffable entity forced his tumour to magically become smaller. A tiny woman lifting a car wreck up off of victim is not automatically some divine strength imparted to her by God.

This reminds me of something I saw recently in a rare TV watching; I don't know how many Star Trek fans we have out here, but at one point on Star Trek: Voyager, the ship is sent back in time (as all of them seem to be at some point). Two of the crew are captured by people around our time. The ship's doctor (a holographic projection that can be materialised into physical reality) is sent to retrieve them. When he arrives and is seen by the captors, they unload with a barrage of gunshots - which all pass right through him and into the wall. The men are taken aback, and one of them whispers in awe, "God help us." The doctor smirks subtely, and states "Divine intervention is unlikely" right before phasering them. What seemed like a miraculous, impossible occurance to these people was really not a miracle at all. Though their minds couldn't comprehend something like a manifested hologram, or a hand-held phaser, or a Star Trek-esque transporter device, it didn't render those things "divine." Now this is all conjecture, as we don't know if any of those Star Trek or Star Wars type gadgets will ever materialize for us in the future, but not all things we don't understand are in the realm of physics - we don't have nearly the handle on the biological, medical, anotomic realities that shape our universe that we might have in the future.

Just because a "miraculous" healing isn't understood now, doesn't mean it's a manifestation of "divine" power. I happen to believe that God's interaction with this world is a lot more subtle than most other people like to believe. Our power of volition is what makes us "in His image", and it is the rules he created combined with our free will that mandates what happens here - not hope or "miracles."

For those "truly impossible" acts, such as ascending to heaven while still living, the sun stopping in the sky, or resurrection from the dead, we also must acknowledge that these acts have not occured thousands of years. And while I'm not entirely brushing them off as tales-that-get-retold, we can be sure that mankind's understanding of reality was much more limited at that time, and that God could easily interact with that population without tearing our world apart in confusion. If a "true miracle" occured today - such a dead person coming to life - what kind of impact do you think that would have on our society? Mass chaos? Probably. An agonizing period of rapid change for our cultures? Most likely. God may have chosen to interact more directly in the past for the precise reason that human beings were even more superstitious and sheepish (in the "following" sense) than we are now. Throughout history, mankind has shown itself to act contrary to its own best interest. I believe that is the purpose of religion - to provide a check-and-balance for mankind, to provide him with some ground rules, if you will, and to show him (however vaguely) that there were consequences beyond the mortal life to think about. So the "truly miraculous" acts, at a time when man was prone to believe, acted to get man to 'fall in line' so to speak with the religious guidelines He understood would help keep us from tearing our world apart.

Of course, as man is a capricious being full of guile and deceit, we have perverted and distorted a great deal of that old faith - and some have, throughout history, used the "guidelines" to "guide" man to act for their glory, rather than what is in the rational self-interest of mankind. I personally believe that God didn't create us to sit around Earth waiting for the end - be it His return or a cataclysmic comet or whatever might happen. I personally think that as science progress, religion as we know it must become obsolete - this is a Buddhist tradition that I hope comes to pass. It is said, in Buddhism, that your religious beliefs are such as this: you come across a wide river - too deep to ford and too long to swim. You construct a small raft of whatever you can find on your side of the banks that will float. So you sail across to the other side - do you throw the raft on your back, and carry it with you on the rest of your journey? Of course not - you discard it when it's usefullness is gone. I realize I have gotten off on a tangent, but hopefully this will infuse the thread with a little life.

Fish Tank
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fish Tank » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:19 am

I have never understood any religious beliefs.

I could guess 2,000 years ago, you could see a man covered in blood and seemingly dead enough to toss him in a shallow grave.

If he had been burned and came back to life maybe I would see it as being more "miraculous".

Funny though, if a person had been killed in the middle ages and was "resurrected" he or she would have been burned at the stake.

I've seen people be revived and there's nothing miraculous about it. I've seen people who were pronounced legally dead come back to life. Not because of some miracle.. but because of science.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Fishtank, he was ressurected after being stabbed in the side, having a few other serious puncture wounds, and rotting in a cave for three entire days. That doesn't happen naturally.
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:21 pm

Not to mention the horrific beatings He had been receiving before.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:47 pm

And that crucifixion death (if not stabbed and bled to death) comes by asfixia when the muscles relax.

Crucifixion was quite a failsafe method to kill people. Not as failsafe as beheading, but certainly a lot more painful (and that was exactly the point that was meant to be conveyed with that kind of execution).

Sibyl
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sibyl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:18 pm

Funny though, if a person had been killed in the middle ages and was "resurrected" he or she would have been burned at the stake.
Nope. I enjoy reading stories of Saints, some of them as scientifically documented as was possible at the time, others having degenerated to the realm of folk-tale, and they included quite a few resurrections, with nobody mentioning stake-burning. They were accepted as miracles, done by God, because of the saintly nature of the recipients of the miracles. One was of a woman who was beheaded, got up, and picked up and carried her head for about forty miles on foot to the place where she was "supposed" to be, her Holy Well, then laid herself down with her head to be buried. Another was of a monk who died while his pupil was off on a journey, and when the pupil came back, his master was laid out in his coffin. The pupil went to wailing and crying, partly because of having missed his master's last blessing, and the corpse sat up in the casket, blessed him, then laid back down.
It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Sibyl

Fish Tank
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fish Tank » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:30 pm

<i>Nope. I enjoy reading stories of Saints, some of them as scientifically documented as was possible at the time, others having degenerated to the realm of folk-tale, and they included quite a few resurrections, with nobody mentioning stake-burning.</i>

What exactly are the dates of the resurrections? And who was resurrected?
And the countries they supposedly took place? Any of those stories mention a woman who was resurrected?

Anything that mentions "Saints" and "scientifically documented" probably didn't happen the way the story was told.

There have been people who have been shot 50 times and lived. If this the power of god? You do know that you can be stabbed many many times and still live?

If you know anything about crucifixions it is totally possible and likely that you could live for up to a week hanging there. And only then you'd die of dehydration before bleeding to death. I have read that Jesus was beaten and exhausted but still would not ensure death within a short period of time after crucifixion.

The historian Josephus, a Judaean who defected to the Roman side during the Jewish uprising of AD66 - 72, describes finding two of his friends crucified. He begged for and was granted their reprieve; one died, the other recovered. Josephus gives no details of how they were crucified, nor of how long they had been in situ before their reprieve.

<i>Fishtank, he was ressurected after being stabbed in the side, having a few other serious puncture wounds, and rotting in a cave for three entire days. That doesn't happen naturally.</i>

And I suppose this is all proven? Of course it isn't. If it was I don't think the Jewish people would reject Jesus as they do. Stories seem to be greatly exaggerated in the Bible.

How many people do you know that were incinerated and "resurrected"? Zero. Or guillotined? Zero. Most "resurrections" throughout any time period are people who were killed in a way which would not guarantee death.

Not that I do not enjoy a good debate. I just prefer my "miracles" to be a little more miraculous. And not a probable scenario.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:06 pm

If you're going to buy the idea that he was crucified, why not buy that the Romans would want to be pretty darn certain that he was actually dead before letting him down? I think that it's a pretty safe bet that they did indeed stab him with a spear if it looked like he died so quickly. And if somehow, chance beyond chance, he managed to survive all of that and was thrown into the tomb, it is generally agreed that he was very dehydrated by this point. What are the odds of a dehydrated recent pin-cushion managing to unwrap himself, get off of his stone table, and find enough moisture inside of his tomb to stave off death by dehydration? It makes no sense to claim that he wasn't actually dead and that's how he came back.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Fish Tank
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fish Tank » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:00 pm

If you're going to buy the idea that he was crucified, why not buy that the Romans would want to be pretty darn certain that he was actually dead before letting him down? I think that it's a pretty safe bet that they did indeed stab him with a spear if it looked like he died so quickly. And if somehow, chance beyond chance, he managed to survive all of that and was thrown into the tomb, it is generally agreed that he was very dehydrated by this point. What are the odds of a dehydrated recent pin-cushion managing to unwrap himself, get off of his stone table, and find enough moisture inside of his tomb to stave off death by dehydration? It makes no sense to claim that he wasn't actually dead and that's how he came back.
We do not know exactly what happened. He still had his wounds when he was "resurrected". The thing more likely to have happened was that his followers found him near death in the cave. And nursed him back to health. He was crucified, that can be proven by history books.

If there wasn't a debate in this issue and everyone on earth was certain Jesus was resurrected by some will of god... there would be a lot less unbelievers.

Why don't people magically come back from the dead anymore? Now that we have the science to prove what really occured? Why don't people get impregnated while still a virgin? Because if a girl said that, we could prove she conceived it.

You know who have "visions" of god? Schizophrenics, not messiahs.

luminousnerd
Soldier
Soldier

Postby luminousnerd » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:16 pm

"Someone told me they once killed a pig, but it can't be true because he didn't kill any pigs today!"

"This guy told me he used to be a fireman. But I knew it wasn't true, because he isn't still a fireman".

"Someone told me about this thing called lightning. But I know it doesn't really exist, because right now there's no lightning in the sky."
Knowledge is bliss. Ignorance just doesn't know what bliss means.

Sibyl
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sibyl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:30 pm

<i>Nope. I enjoy reading stories of Saints, some of them as scientifically documented as was possible at the time, others having degenerated to the realm of folk-tale, and they included quite a few resurrections, with nobody mentioning stake-burning.</i>

What exactly are the dates of the resurrections? And who was resurrected?
And the countries they supposedly took place? Any of those stories mention a woman who was resurrected?

Anything that mentions "Saints" and "scientifically documented" probably didn't happen the way the story was told.....
*SIGH*

Go back and reread my post, including the part that I quoted from you. I wasn't guaranteeing those Saintly resurrections, since they _were_ from medieval times--the "scientific" part was not about the resurrections, but about miracles in general.

My point in mentioning those folk-tale resurrections was in reply to your comment that any medieval resurrections would have been burned at the stake, and I was countering with those tales of saintly resurrections which didn't mention anybody wanting to burn them, presumably (from your remark) for being accused of witchcraft. And I agree that the ones that turned into folk-tales probably didn't happen the way that they were told.

Two of those I mentioned, both women, can be found at
http://people.bath.ac.uk/liskmj/living- ... s3tgh1.htm
and
http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=2056

An even older story is that St Nicholas (yes, the same saint who "gave birth to" Santa Claus) put back together the parts of, and raised to life, three young boys who had been dismembered, which is probably also pretty thoroughly dead.

But in both cases, beheading is a fairly sure thing for death...
It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Sibyl

AnthonyByakko
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby AnthonyByakko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:40 pm

Boy do I feel like I wasted my time.

Sibyl
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sibyl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:59 pm

Why don't people get impregnated while still a virgin? Because if a girl said that, we could prove she conceived it.
DUH! Of course she conceived it, if she was pregnant: so did Mary conceive her baby "by the power of the Holy Spirit". The point of the virginity is that the Holy Spirit didn't use a penis to help her conceive, though He might have used sperm, we just don't know. But it didn't break her hymen getting where it needed to go.

I'm really not sure what you're getting at here, or what your notion of human biology might be.

Sibyl

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:39 am

During the middle ages, it was commonly held she concieved through the ear by the angel's voice when he announced to her...
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:06 am

Well, if you don't believe that Jesus resurrected from a fully dead state, why would you believe that he was alive after His crucifixion? From historical sources, there are no data about Jesus after his crucifixion, so from a strictly historical-scientific point of view, there is no evidence that he did anything but dying during the crucifixion.

Death by crucifixion isn't immediate. It takes long hours of suffering, until your muscles finally give up and you fall unconscious. Due to the possition you are when you are crucified, when your muscles relax, your lungs get oppressed by the weight of your own body, making you unable to breath, and you die due to asfixia.
So, if a person is taken out while he still has strength in his body, it's perfectly possible for him to recover.

Sibyl
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sibyl » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:59 am

I enjoy reading stories of Saints, some of them as scientifically documented as was possible at the time, others having degenerated to the realm of folk-tale
Okay, while I probably should "edit" the original of this instead of doing another post, I already told Fishtank to go back and read what I wrote, so in a way, editing would be cheating: nevertheless, I need to do a bit of clarification. By "as scientifically documented as was possible at the time", I mean first-hand accounts by reliable, respectable observers, witnesses, written down at very near the time that whatever it was happened, perhaps with testimonies, also written, by doctors (what passed for doctors at the time, but nonetheless, not to be sneezed at: humans always had specialists who knew a lot about what they were doing, from midwives to physicians. The Evangelist St Luke was a physician of his time.) "Folk-tale" is accounts that passed through many minds and mouths, almost certainly altered a bit with each telling, as in the once-popular party-game/psychological-demonstration "Telephone".

For example, "we" have such written accounts, in archaic Spanish, in Spain, not available to the general public, of the events and verbal testimonies surrounding the apparition and miracle of the Virgin of Guadalupe.

Luke was not present at the crucifixion and did not see the Risen Christ, and said so-- but _as_ a physician, he certainly knew what happened to crucified, beaten, and lung-pierced people. He had no doubt that the Resurrection was indeed a miracle, and also documented the Ascension from eyewitnesses.

Sibyl

Fish Tank
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fish Tank » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:54 pm

Yeah the "doctors" of the middle ages... who thought making puncture wounds bled out disease and cured the sick. Which killed more than it ever helped.

Conceived means, "to become pregnant". And by saying we can prove she became pregnant I meant we can prove, conception. That she had sex, or by some artificial means.

How about giving me examples from recent times, as in, less than 50 years? All of you are only proving my point further by giving me "proof" that is over 500 years old. When modern science didn't exist.

Also jotabe I never said I thought he survived crucifixion or did not. I am simply stating more than one possible explanation. When Christians believe there is only one.

He didn't break her Hymen? How do we know? The "doctors" again?

As for resurrection and the thought of witch craft and how stake burning did indeed ensue, do a google search. There's more information than you could read. The people who you mentioned were not commoners who were supposedly resurrected, they were well known people in their community. And usually when great or well known people die, their story was often told wrong. And the story of their death, or "rebirth"was often mistold.

And there is still debate on when death actually occurs, as in, when a person can no longer be resuscitated whilst still being the same person they were before; staying "themself".

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:20 pm

He didn't break her Hymen? How do we know? The "doctors" again?
yeah, 'cause the hymen is such an accurate way of judging virginity.

Fish Tank
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fish Tank » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:23 pm

That was my point.... someone else had said, "Her hymen wasn't broken".

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:40 pm

Yeah, I was just tacking that on. Even if she was a virgin, he hymen could have been broken.

Fish Tank
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fish Tank » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:43 pm

Indeed, is it blasphemous to say that Mary could have masturbated?
Fight the machine!

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:52 pm

I don't think so, but I don't know.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:30 pm

PG, folks, thanks.

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:50 pm

It's a valid question. Plus, I don't see how masturbation is that inappropriate. But I'm weird that way.

AnthonyByakko
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby AnthonyByakko » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:02 am

I don't know how this become a discussion of it, but I don't think it's inappropriate either. Now, if we were to discuss the manner, that might be another story.

Because seriously, if we're suggesting that her hymen may have been broken masturbating (yet she immaculately conceived), are we suggesting that she masturbated with penetration? Because I don't think they had dildoes in those days. Secondly, it's doubtful that an observant young Jewish woman, raised in an atmosphere where feminine sexuality was taboo and where young girls were frequently castrated to prevent them from experiencing sexual bliss, would have actually masturbated anyways.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:01 am

Morever, one of the reasons Mary was chosen, according to the bible, was because she was so pure and rightous. The bible says masterbating is bad, so God probably wouldn't pick a masterbater to be mother of Jesus.

Seiryu
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Seiryu » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:17 am

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out or not, but the question in the poll answers itself. In order to be a Christian, a true Christian, one has to believe that there was a man named Jesus Christ that is the Son of God and who died and was resurrected. Believing in this and asking for forgiveness is the way you become a Christian. So, yes...Christians do or should believe in the resurrection of Jesus because of what his resurrection represents.
I don't believe in fairies!
(Dresden's battle cry going against fairies in book 4.)

Return to “Milagre Town Square”