Death match....

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!

Who would win... ?

Harry Potter and Ron Weasley
20%
Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamegee
11%
Dick Tracy and Strawberry Shortcake
3%
Ender and Bean
66%

Total votes: 35

puppets
Soldier
Soldier

Death match....

Postby puppets » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:01 pm

In an all out death match, who would win....?

I went through all the threads and picked some of your favorite characters, and included Ender and Bean... I needed to pair Dick Tracy up with someone so he got Strawberry Shortcake... Who will win?
"I knew you were searching for him. I didn't want to interfere until you found him. Just in case you think you were really smart, young man, we intercepted four street thugs and two known sex offenders who were after you."

Sister Carlotta

puppets
Soldier
Soldier

Postby puppets » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:02 pm

My vote..... Ender and Bean.
"I knew you were searching for him. I didn't want to interfere until you found him. Just in case you think you were really smart, young man, we intercepted four street thugs and two known sex offenders who were after you."

Sister Carlotta

fawkes
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: punk

Postby fawkes » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:03 pm

Frodo kicks a**! And I'm not only saying that because I'm a fangirl... Really!
Step one, take off your shirt. Step two ... Step three, PROFIT!

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:04 pm

Stick Harry with Hermione and they'd win.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:09 pm

One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

puppets
Soldier
Soldier

Postby puppets » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:09 pm

If Hermoine was in the group, it'd be too dangerous to join the death match. She wouldn't join.

Sister Carlotta

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:15 pm

Frodo kicks a**! And I'm not only saying that because I'm a fangirl... Really!
but he's not a fighter. Ender and Bean have all of the strategy to beat the others, so as much as I would like the LOTR characters to win, they wouldn't.

fawkes
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: punk

Postby fawkes » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:19 pm

Ok, I'll give you that. Bean and Ender could win in hand-to-hand combat.

HOWEVER...

Frodo and Sam have swords. And a magic inviso-ring. So HA.
Step one, take off your shirt. Step two ... Step three, PROFIT!

lyons24000
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Darn Red Shells!

Postby lyons24000 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:34 pm

I feel that bias has allowed Ender and Bean to become the most commonly chosen character. But with their wands and magic, Harry and Ron would win. It's logic.

"Avada Kedavra"

"Expelliarmus"

They win.
"This must be the end, then."-MorningLightMountain, Judas Unchained

puppets
Soldier
Soldier

Postby puppets » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:38 pm

*evil smiles* no one has mentioned Dick Tracy and Strawberry Shortcake... Bwahahahahaha

Sister Carlotta

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:53 pm

This fight makes no sense. Are they all fighting together? Is this tag team? What?

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:20 pm

I feel that bias has allowed Ender and Bean to become the most commonly chosen character. But with their wands and magic, Harry and Ron would win. It's logic.

"Avada Kedavra"

"Expelliarmus"

They win.
First, neither Harry or Ron would be capable of using an unforgivable curse. They're too good.

-------------------

Bah. Magic. Yuk.

Think of the micro-filament. Ender and Bean can deal with anything, including magic.

puppets
Soldier
Soldier

Postby puppets » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:03 am

2 people tp a team, Ron and Harry vs Bean and Ender vs... etc

2 people to a team, 4 teams.

Sister Carlotta

puppets
Soldier
Soldier

Postby puppets » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:04 am

plus I spose this fight isnt so much as for sense as for giggles *smiles*

Sister Carlotta

Slim
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Peacocks can't Lurk

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:48 am

Where is this fight taking place? Downtown Chichago in a garden? the Forbiden Forest? The Battle Room? A hole in the gound? Home team advantage means a lot.

Putting that aside:

Ender and Bean would win, hands down. Why? Ender never looses!

Here's how I picture it:
Ignoring the unarmed duo, Harry quickly disarms the hobbits coming after them. While ron is firing spells as the scary little girl, Dick Tracy comes up behind Harry and Ron and manages to disarm them. Meanwhile, Frodo has slipped on his ring, and manages to steal one wand back from Dick. Sam, meanwhile is trying to get his sword back, but Miss Shortcake manages to stop him somehow. Harry, thinking two can play this game, slips on his invisibility cloak, and is able to wrest the wand from Frodo, at the same time Ron gets his back from Mr. Tracy. However, in a twist of fate the wands drop to the ground.

Bean looks to Ender and says, "The enemy's gate is down!" They finally make their move, diving and sliding, they grab the wands. Bean of course was using this time to memorize all of his opponents moves and strategies, but especially the magic spells. He quicky perfomes the same spells Harry and Ron were using at the start, starting with attacking those who were invisible remembering the direction the wand went flying from. He helps Ender with the some of the basic ones to start with.

Ender manages to paralyze everyone, and pickes up Frodo's sword and kills everyone and drags them to drown in a nearby river just to be sure. Bean screams for joy, and says "You did it Ender! It wasn't a game, it was real! We survived!" Ender is in shock-- "... I didn't want to kill them! I wanted them to love me! I've read all their stuff!" :cry:
A signature so short, it's
Slim

AnthonyByakko
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby AnthonyByakko » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:04 am

Slim you've finally posted something I liked to hear.

Oliver Dale
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Trapped in the Trunk!

Postby Oliver Dale » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:46 am

Where is this fight taking place? Downtown Chichago in a garden? the Forbiden Forest? The Battle Room? A hole in the gound? Home team advantage means a lot.

Putting that aside:

Ender and Bean would win, hands down. Why? Ender never looses!

Here's how I picture it:
Ignoring the unarmed duo, Harry quickly disarms the hobbits coming after them. While ron is firing spells as the scary little girl, Dick Tracy comes up behind Harry and Ron and manages to disarm them. Meanwhile, Frodo has slipped on his ring, and manages to steal one wand back from Dick. Sam, meanwhile is trying to get his sword back, but Miss Shortcake manages to stop him somehow. Harry, thinking two can play this game, slips on his invisibility cloak, and is able to wrest the wand from Frodo, at the same time Ron gets his back from Mr. Tracy. However, in a twist of fate the wands drop to the ground.

Bean looks to Ender and says, "The enemy's gate is down!" They finally make their move, diving and sliding, they grab the wands. Bean of course was using this time to memorize all of his opponents moves and strategies, but especially the magic spells. He quicky perfomes the same spells Harry and Ron were using at the start, starting with attacking those who were invisible remembering the direction the wand went flying from. He helps Ender with the some of the basic ones to start with.

Ender manages to paralyze everyone, and pickes up Frodo's sword and kills everyone and drags them to drown in a nearby river just to be sure. Bean screams for joy, and says "You did it Ender! It wasn't a game, it was real! We survived!" Ender is in shock-- "... I didn't want to kill them! I wanted them to love me! I've read all their stuff!" :cry:
Brilliant.

And I concur.

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Virlomi » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:14 am

Well I was going to go in a completely different direction... but I've been swayed. Ender and Bean it is.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:19 am

Bean of course was using this time to memorize all of his opponents moves and strategies, but especially the magic spells. He quicky perfomes the same spells Harry and Ron were using at the start, starting with attacking those who were invisible remembering the direction the wand went flying from. He helps Ender with the some of the basic ones to start with.
But you can't just perform spells unless you're magic to begin with. From all accounts, Ender and Bean are Muggles.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:32 am

It's good to see that I'm not the only one that that bugged.

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:19 am

See!! See!!

Ender and Bean have STRATEGY out the wazoo. Of course they could win.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:39 am

i see it more like

dick tracy shoots harry potter and then ron and then the hobbits, then the shortcake. can't shoot ender or bean cuz they are unarmed. ender kicks the crap out of dick tracy and uses the last bullet in dick's gun to shoot him. ender sits and cries, bean get a bunch of credit for not really contributing.
Ubernaustrum

lyons24000
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Darn Red Shells!

Postby lyons24000 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:52 am

But you can't just perform spells unless you're magic to begin with. From all accounts, Ender and Bean are Muggles.
Thanks Jayelle. I was thinking the exact same thing. What Slim said bugged me as much as it bugged Jebus.

Frodo would put on his ring and Harry would put on his invisibility cloak. Ender and Bean would go after Dick Tracy and Strawberry Shortcake because they're the two who really have no powers. So boom, boom Dick and Strawberry are outta here.

Then Samwise would attack Bean because Bean is so small but Bean would easily take him out. Then Ron, seeing that Ender had no one after him (or so he thinks) would go after Ender and beat him with his spells. Then Harry would go after Frodo because he has the invisibility advantage and take him out because Frodo would be carrying around a sword and give himself away. Frodo and Samwise are history.

Then Ender and Bean would be against Ron and Harry. Not knowing where Harry was they would both concentrate on Ron and Harry would take them both out.

Harry and Ron win.
"This must be the end, then."-MorningLightMountain, Judas Unchained

Slim
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Peacocks can't Lurk

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:19 pm

:D
But only because the government found them before the wizarding community could! :stoned:

Failing that, they could still go for the swords and invisibility, but then my story won't work! I'm sticking with everyone was ignorant that they are actually wizards.

Putting that aside, Harry and Ron were my next choice, then the hobbits, then the odd couple. No one ever expects the children *meniacal laughter*
A signature so short, it's
Slim

Mahatma
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mahatma » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:18 pm

Speaking only of the characters I'm familiar with... Bean would kick Ron's ass, and Harry and Ender would stop and realize there isn't anything worth fighting each other for, so they'd be destined-to-kill-in-order-to-save-the-world-but-we-really-don't-want-to-hurt-anybody friends.
"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:32 pm

hahaha. harry and ender, the two chosen ones. ron and bean, both second rate. it's funny. i am willing to bet a million dollars that if OSC didn't frown upon the concept in general, this fanfic would TOTALLY have already been written.

thank god it hasn't been.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Femme Fatale

Postby ValentineNicole » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:37 pm

I had to vote for Ender. I have faith in him :wink:

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:21 am

No one ever expects... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:23 am

Speaking only of the characters I'm familiar with... Bean would kick Ron's ass, and Harry and Ender would stop and realize there isn't anything worth fighting each other for, so they'd be destined-to-kill-in-order-to-save-the-world-but-we-really-don't-want-to-hurt-anybody friends.

One would kill the other, anyway. Stupid devotion to duty.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Mahatma
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mahatma » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:21 pm

Aww man, I like my idealism though.

No one ever expects... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!
How did Python get into this thread?

<_<
>_>
o.O
"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:45 pm

Ender and Bean. Strawberry Shortcake would put up a pretty good fight, but Bean would probably squash her.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:09 pm

Dude, why does nobody have any faith in Strawberry Shortcake?
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:40 pm

I had to use wikipedia just to find out who Strawberry Shortcake is! Now I just have to figure out why she's paired with Dick Tracy. :|

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:02 pm

"Strawberry Shortcake, I am your father."
Yay, I'm a llama again!

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby hive_king » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:24 pm

Because no one will expect the spanish inquisition, and it'll come and take all the teams by suprise.
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

Return to “Milagre Town Square”