Complete Randomness

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Re: Complete Randomness

Postby starlooker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Kind of. Just quiet, mostly.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:19 pm

I We didnt buy the warbird, Just not the right time I guess , but we had a blast with a bunch of friends and their wives .

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:43 am

Been super busy as well... I have to basically write 2-3 college supplemental essays per week from now till thanksgiving (on top of a full courseload and rehersal achedule)
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Resident Plugin
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Resident Plugin » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:37 pm

I requantified my name. . . Not that I weill tell you my RL name but its a psychological measure of my desire for overassumptive force of technique and will. . . When i made this interpretation it was "Crescent Hymn- ArchAngelS swastika young, Forever Angelic Finally Fantasizes Infinite Undiscovery" I leave you all free to interpret this and expand my selfless sense of worldview,ty ty

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:31 am

I saw tonight that we lost Sheppard Book today! damn sad

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Damn sad indeed... Joss Wheadon owes me for a lot of emotional trauma... *starts counting on fingers*
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:59 pm

tonight I saw a neat n rare sight, just as the sun went down behind the clouds n mountains a full arch rainbow shown for no more than 5 minutes. Cool

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Buck up people! It's dead around here!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:08 pm

zero and I won't be spending our first Christmas as homeowners in our home, which I'm strangely a little sad about. I am, however, excited by the thought of zooming past Halloween and Thanksgiving so I can start decorating for it.

I don't, however, include the likely weather in my visions. It will still be fall weather, in my Christmas fantasy.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 pm

I should probably stop using AIM's impending demise as a reason to reach out to a few lost Pwebbers to tell them the thing I interacted with them on is dying. ALL THE DRAMA. It was just two, but still. I miss them but life.

I will definitely not try to get one last chat in an AIM chatroom going. Honestly? I couldn't take the inevitable "No"s and "Uninterested"s.

But I'm looking at a few folks from afar, wishing they would say let's give it a go.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 am

I was trying to get used to the idea of "not" getting a deer this year. I would have deserved it , I had let many smaller bucks and even some nice "shooters" cuz I just didnt want my season to be over too soon. The last 3 days of the late rifle season I had not seen anything worth shooting. friday (the last day) I was sitting in my treestand blind , reading a book and finally some does came down the trail, it was nearly dark and back in the deeper forest ,the darkest part i saw a really nice big buck. The blind was turned just a little wrong and i could no way find a good shot, nearly dark I could not wait any longer so I shot the 4point buck in front of the big one. My son jake shot a 3 poind at nearly the same time north of the farm. So again I got lucky in the last minutes of the season. Im sorry that I needed help to get him dressed and loaded but the job is done and their both hanging in the machine shop. I like butchering much better than black friday shopping anyway. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope ya all have a safe one.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:41 pm

Got a sudden, strong urge to talk to zero here even though I talk to him all the damn time at home.

zeeeeeeero. Can you hear me?

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:06 am

:stamp:
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:40 pm

Not so random but putting it here anyway.

How about that Oscars slap?

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:32 pm

My opinion: assault and not an acceptable response to a verbal insult.

OTOH, if the Academy takes punitive action against Smith, there is a long line of perpretrators that should be ahead of him.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:00 pm

I think the "f*** you" heard around the forum 11, 12 years ago made it much more clear to me there are vastly different value systems here but I tend to be of the "Don't start none, won't be none" crowd.

There's a long history of Chris Rock antagonizing Jada, going back to 1997. Making an ableist comment, after directing a documentary that should have taught him better on this particular subject, makes me think it could have been better, or more privately handled, but he found out from his f****** around and it wasn't so traumatic as so many non-BIPOC people are treating it. Unexpected but not necessarily undeserved.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:37 pm

I absolutely think that the "joke" was not acceptable. And I wish Smith had addressed Rock verbally either right then or during his speech. Shamed him and brought light to the issue. But I don't think any words that someone can say make them deserving of a physical attack. Words should be fought with words. I am personally not a fan of either Rock or Smith. I just can't support violence in response to words.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:57 pm

Having been on the receiving end of some pretty gnarly stuff, I disagree.

But to each their own.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 am

Not me seeing my husband on this forum in the only form he would come back and post in and getting very excited, as though I don't see him in person every day.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sat May 28, 2022 9:27 am

Adorable.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”