So what now Pwebers...

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

So what now Pwebers...

Postby EAGLE » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:21 pm

So I've lurked and watched and now wondered...now that we have a movie for our beloved (and maybe a tv show for shadow series) Ender's Game universe...what is there now for our community? Less and less of us are on here it seems, so where do we look ahead too? What are we waiting for now? Video Game?
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Re: So what now Pwebers...

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm

:party:
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:21 pm

What do we look ahead to, together? Not Ender. Relationships, babies, marriages, school and job successes...our friends we made by being here while we were waiting for the movie. Pweb will be gone someday. Most have found a way to connect off the board and when the time comes, that will have to be enough.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:28 pm

I don't know if it was really anticipation of the the movie that brought people here. For the longest time there was little reason to even think that it was going to happen!

In any case, there are still Enderverse books to look forward to. I've been looking forward to the post-CotM book, Shadows Alive, almost as much as the movie.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:27 am

I don't know if it was really anticipation of the the movie that brought people here. For the longest time there was little reason to even think that it was going to happen!

In any case, there are still Enderverse books to look forward to. I've been looking forward to the post-CotM book, Shadows Alive, almost as much as the movie.

The Descoladores plotline NEEDS to be wrapped up.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:22 am

So I've lurked and watched and now wondered...now that we have a movie for our beloved (and maybe a tv show for shadow series) Ender's Game universe...what is there now for our community? Less and less of us are on here it seems, so where do we look ahead too? What are we waiting for now? Video Game?
There's talk of a tv show for the shadow series?
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:32 pm

There's a link right on the main page: http://www.endersansible.com/2013/11/08 ... v-spinoff/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :wink:
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:07 pm

I dunno.

I check back in on Milagre every couple of days, lurk a bit.

The fact that I can't help but keep it in my bookmarks after a decade... I don't know what it means.
Honestly I don't even have a connection with anyone on the site outside of PWeb. One or two are on my Steam friends list, but that's about it. Strange for what was once such a big part of my life.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:45 pm

I usually check twice a day!

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 am

*chirp*
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:54 pm

What do we look ahead to, together? Not Ender. Relationships, babies, marriages, school and job successes...our friends we made by being here while we were waiting for the movie. Pweb will be gone someday. Most have found a way to connect off the board and when the time comes, that will have to be enough.
Well now that pweb is back up and general error went back to it's hole to stalk our site another day....I'll throw out the real life question...anyone near Sacramento Cali? Can we get a real life meet up on the west coast?

And yes Shadows Alive!! I can not wait for it!!
Pweb member since 2002

-Desert Punk

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:03 am

I'm with Neo, I have always been more into the sequel to CotM maybe more than the movie. I want it to read the same as the first books too , not like his newer colaborations.

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:31 pm

agreed...so agreed
Pweb member since 2002

-Desert Punk

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 am

Me too! I wish he would stop with all these new spin offs and write the CotM sequel!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Honestly what portion of time do you really spend on the books and movie section of the forum? I spend most of my time in milagre or the battle-room, and those aren't losing anything to discuss just because the movie came out.

(Also, the Shadow Series TV show would be awesome, I feel like TV series are really a much better storytelling medium recently since they get to develop characters and plot with a lot more time than movies do.)

Eagle: As a Bay Area girl I am all for a west coast meet-up! (maybe we should start a new thread for it?)
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Return to “Milagre Town Square”