Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Re: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

Postby Satya » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:46 pm

anyone getting anything in the steam sale?
Discord ID: AJ#0001

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:59 am

My friend really considered buying Max Payne 3, but ultimately chose not to, so I picked it up and slid it into my inventory so that I can give it to him for Christmas. Yay for saving $30! Or something like that.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 pm

The girl played Desert Strike custom game for SC2 with me over the weekend and had fun despite her first exposure to internet trolls. I bought her a copy while it's on sale for only $20. I figured if we played desert strike 3 times it will be as cost effective as a movie date, anything more is bonus.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Bungie released a trailer for their upcoming game Destiny. It looks pretty interesting but I definitely need more info before I decide if it's something I'd want to play.

http://youtu.be/EwOUi4JDC4o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The enemy's fly is down.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:42 am

hmmmmmmmm..........

though I only recently hit level 30, i've organized and put together a pretty large League of Legends of tournament.
http://mlpchan.net/chat/res/1587774+50.html

over 60 players, on 12 teams, from 3 different websites, over the course of 6 weeks of play.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:13 am

Anyone else played through Heart of the Swarm yet?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:02 pm

So, last year a company named Double Fine started a Kickstarter fund with the goal of raising $400,000 to develop a new game. Much to their and everyone else's amazement, it managed to gather over $3 million from almost 90,000 people in a month. This is the first teaser trailer of the upcoming game from this amazing project.

The enemy's fly is down.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:29 pm

So, last year a company named Double Fine started a Kickstarter fund with the goal of raising $400,000 to develop a new game. Much to their and everyone else's amazement, it managed to gather over $3 million from almost 90,000 people in a month. This is the first teaser trailer of the upcoming game from this amazing project.
I'm very excited! I Kickstarted it, but I hate keeping an eye on any forum than a very specific one, so I had no idea this much work had been done on it! Last I saw was the woodcutter guy, and the prints they were selling of him at PAX. Which was almost a year ago oh my gosh.

Row--row.

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:05 pm

There is an RSS feed for the official updates in the forum. I am eagerly awaiting Episode 9...

So, Bioshock Infinite, anyone? I'm usually not in favor of Season Passes, but I bought this one as soon as I finished the game. I want more!
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 0-2006

Postby Platypi007 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:12 am

I've been gaming WAY too much lately, and it may be one reason I haven't been on here in almost a year. Mostly just because I go through phases with forums and go sometimes and then don't go others, but also because I've been gaming a lot. In October I got Dishonored on the PS3, which I loved and played through about four times. Didn't care for the first DLC though.

In January I built a new computer because my desktop was 15 years old and hadn't been upgraded in a decade, and my laptop was underpowered to begin with and is 5 years old now. I can once again play games on PC! (Seriously, it was ridiculous on the laptop. Nothing newer than about 2005 would play at all.)

Since then I've been enjoying the hell out of Steam. I got AC3 with the video card, and enjoyed it as the first AC game I'd played. I've since picked up most of the rest of the series when it went on sale on Steam. I've only played part of the first one so far.

I got Deus Ex: Human Revolution and enjoyed it for a while, but it's not as open-world as I really like. I played some Amnesia, but I can't play it for long without becoming bored of it.

I picked up Oblivion on sale and, after modding the graphics, have been enjoying the hell out of it. I really want to get Skyrim on the PC so I can use mods and get the DLC.

I recently got Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on sale, I've played some of Asylum and am enjoying it.

I picked up LA Noir, mostly I drive around like a madman, running over people. I've played about 75% of the story, too, though.

Oh, and FTL. God, I hate that game and love it. I've still not managed to beat a runthrough of it on EASY, but I like it.

Also, hi everyone, long time no see! :D

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:49 pm

I know Angry Birds has a large following(it is a fun game), but I was wondering if anyone knows any interesting, cool, unique, but most importantly free, phone games for an Android?
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:27 am

Nimble Quest is a fun take on the classic Snake game, where you form a snake out of a number of RPG classes, pick up gems, and kill monsters and NPCs. It's difficult to explain, and also free.

Star Traders RPG is kind of a Roguelike spaceship type game thing. Very easy to pick up and put down, but also not exactly the best-looking game around as it is mostly text-based. Very huge, though, and randomly-generated as far as I can tell.

Finally, and oddly, Pottery Lite is a very weird game that is also extremely relaxing. Basically it's a virtual pottery wheel, but it gives you goals and tools and soothing music.

Row--row.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Nimble Quest is a fun take on the classic Snake game, where you form a snake out of a number of RPG classes, pick up gems, and kill monsters and NPCs. It's difficult to explain, and also free.

Star Traders RPG is kind of a Roguelike spaceship type game thing. Very easy to pick up and put down, but also not exactly the best-looking game around as it is mostly text-based. Very huge, though, and randomly-generated as far as I can tell.

Finally, and oddly, Pottery Lite is a very weird game that is also extremely relaxing. Basically it's a virtual pottery wheel, but it gives you goals and tools and soothing music.
Thanks Mich. Looked up the gameplay for Nimble Quest just to see it for myself, reminds me of the old computer games I used to get into. Will definitely play.

Not gonna lie, I kind of laughed at Pottery Lite, but if I'm ever feeling creative... Not interested in text based, though.

Thanks again.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Also Vector! It's in the "react as your character runs" style of genre. No idea what to call it. But it's fun and it looks good and the levels really start opening up after a few of them.

Row--row.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:11 am

I'll give it a try as well. Unfortunately, there was an error everytime I'd tried to download Nimble Quest, so I cannot partake in the game. =/

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:22 am

Mich! You have to see this!

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2
The enemy's fly is down.

Wind Swept