Official Movie Stills/Production Photographs

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Official Movie Stills/Production Photographs

Postby Taalcon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:38 am

Here's Ender and Petra:

A link to a larger version: here.

And here's a post deconstructing it at EA.

Demosth Wiggin
Launchie
Launchie

Re: Official Movie Stills/Production Photographs

Postby Demosth Wiggin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:54 pm

I am soo excited to see this still from the lunch during Salamander Army. I freaked out when my dad showed it to me.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:07 am

I am soo excited to see this still from the lunch during Salamander Army. I freaked out when my dad showed it to me.
That's awesome! What scene are you most interested in seeing?
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

Demosth Wiggin
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Demosth Wiggin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:01 pm

All of them really. But if I had to choose out off all the scenes I want to see the end battle against the Buggers or maybe the battle room scenes. How about you?

MAJASD
Launchie
Launchie

Postby MAJASD » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 pm

I'm very excited about the movie but don't all the kids seem kinda old? That bothers me. Like, they're supposed to be about 6 or so but they are and look to be in their teens. I think that's a little old and it really takes away from the child prodigy theme they had going on. Now, when Ender rebels, it'll seem like the stereotypical teen rebellions, don't you think?

Demosth Wiggin
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Demosth Wiggin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:34 pm

The actors for the kids are short but while still being short with makeup you can have someone looking like a 10 year old while their 15. Well, yes but no it wouldn't feel like a stereotypical teen rebellion because it wouldn't be like "Oh my god! I hate you dad!" or something like that. It would be more of an outsider kind of rebellion. Where he doesn't want to do anything they say and just be on his own while still knowing what is good and what isn't.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:09 pm

If I recall correctly, they changed Ender's age to 12 and condensed the plot to a much shorter time than the book covers. It does take away from the amazing intelligence of the 6-8 year old kids, but necessary for using the same actors for the whole movie. I'm hoping they include things that show how incredibly smart they really are, even for the pre-teens/teenagers they look like.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Nutmeg
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Nutmeg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:51 am

The actors for the kids are short but while still being short with makeup you can have someone looking like a 10 year old while their 15.
Asa is 5ft 8 I think, that's far from short. If Ender is supposed to be 12 he'd be almost freakishly tall.

I wish they had kept his age around 10 like it was before they chose Asa, or had picked a real 12 year old at least. Ender being so old and big does take away a lot of the impact of the story :(

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Postby KennEnder » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 am

I think (and hope) that it would not be too difficult to persuade the audience that this group of teens was extraordinarily brilliant, just by choosing a few choice "academic scenes" where they're solving extreme 3-D (or more) math or engineering problems, for example. I also understand why they chose to go this way: working with a cast of 6-year olds would be difficult and probably not all that successful.

Plus, although Ender was "discovered" and did remarkable things at the time he was six, the book portrays YEARS passing while he goes to Battle School, and then moves on to Command School. The movie no doubt compresses all that considerably. So, if we could agree that it's the FINAL confrontation that needs to be "most accurate," then it is not a terrible stretch of imagination to get from the book's 12-year olds to the movie's "young teens."
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 am

I found this on another site, its a really cool idea...

http://www.enderwiggin.net/2013/03/01/e ... -kitchens/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Demosth Wiggin
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Demosth Wiggin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm so going to have to try these recipes some weekend. They sound really good :3

Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”