Ender's Game Tattoo

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Fley
Launchie
Launchie

Ender's Game Tattoo

Postby Fley » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:12 am

I'm not sure if this is the right area to put this thread, however for some time now I've been thinking of getting an Ender's Game tattoo. Ideally what I want is a small, sleek, elegant, simple symbol or image being a representation of the enemy's gate, having the quote "The Enemy's Gate is Down" somewhere above or below, and perhaps having a dragon entwined or wrapped around that symbol. I'm open for suggestions as I'm merely trying to get my imaginary, visual representations / ideas down on paper. If anyone here is an artist and could help that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Matt

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Re: Ender's Game Tattoo

Postby Boothby » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:01 pm

I'll ask Darian to swing by. If I ever get a tat, it will be his hand-drawn Battle School.
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:26 am

Eh, that'd be pretty cool. I've never really thought of an EG tat to be honest, it's a good idea though.

As for actual symbols representing the gate... hmmm, not sure. I'm not much of an artist (and this isn't particularly sleek or elegant) but a square (as the door) with a silhouette of a person with a helmet on standing in it, maybe cross-hairs over him to emphasise 'enemy'. Just a thought, as I say, this isn't my field. The silhouette could be a formic too, if you like.

Oh, and I almost forgot (well, okay, I did forget, this is an edit) welcome to P-web!
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

Fley
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Fley » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Eh, that'd be pretty cool. I've never really thought of an EG tat to be honest, it's a good idea though.

As for actual symbols representing the gate... hmmm, not sure. I'm not much of an artist (and this isn't particularly sleek or elegant) but a square (as the door) with a silhouette of a person with a helmet on standing in it, maybe cross-hairs over him to emphasise 'enemy'. Just a thought, as I say, this isn't my field. The silhouette could be a formic too, if you like.

Oh, and I almost forgot (well, okay, I did forget, this is an edit) welcome to P-web!
Hey thanks for the feedback! I like the idea of a possible silhouette in the image. I'm not certain by any means of whether or not I'll be getting a tattoo, but never the less I like to imagine what one would look like. You never know, I may really like the idea / design / look of an image and think it's worthy. Thank you for the welcoming :)

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Hey, no problem. I hope you stick around since nearly none of the newcomers that I know of since I got here seem to, rather annoying actually. Oh well...

Dang, I had this cool idea and now it's gone. If you don't mind exposed forearm tattoos I suppose you could have dragons down your forearms and triangles just next to your wrists, like the commander uniform. If we knew when Ender was born or could be given any dates at all, you might have "Dragon Army. Undefeated Since n".

If I was ever going to get an EG tat (or any tat) I'd have something cryptic like a skiing ant.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:21 pm

If we knew when Ender was born or could be given any dates at all, you might have "Dragon Army. Undefeated Since n".
We never finished this, as we got wind that an official timeline has been constructed, just not published.

However, it has been confirmed that Ender's Game began in 2195 CE, when Ender was age 6. You can extrapolate the beginning of Ender's command of Dragon Army from there.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:41 pm

"At nine and a half he's top flight" therefore:

"Dragon Army. Undefeated Since 1998"

Fley
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Fley » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Hey, no problem. I hope you stick around since nearly none of the newcomers that I know of since I got here seem to, rather annoying actually. Oh well...

Dang, I had this cool idea and now it's gone. If you don't mind exposed forearm tattoos I suppose you could have dragons down your forearms and triangles just next to your wrists, like the commander uniform. If we knew when Ender was born or could be given any dates at all, you might have "Dragon Army. Undefeated Since n".

If I was ever going to get an EG tat (or any tat) I'd have something cryptic like a skiing ant.
Oh, I'll definitely stay around. Too much excitement with the movie coming out and love for the book / series not to. I wouldn't want to get any sort of large, or obvious tattoo though such as a forearm tattoo. Something rather on the small size is what I'm going for.

As Leonardo da Vinci once said “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Small... get Bean. He's small, some of the time. As for my skiing ant idea... it's funny because even if you're a cryptic crossword/pictionary champion you'd have to be an EG-(Shadow) fan to get it.

Abandoning for a moment the Enemy's Gate idea, you might have a dragon with the words "Ender's Jeesh" or even Petra's little poem.

Fley
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Fley » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Small... get Bean. He's small, some of the time. As for my skiing ant idea... it's funny because even if you're a cryptic crossword/pictionary champion you'd have to be an EG-(Shadow) fan to get it.

Abandoning for a moment the Enemy's Gate idea, you might have a dragon with the words "Ender's Jeesh" or even Petra's little poem.
But that's not what I want. Thanks for the input though

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:20 pm

I have a buddy who got a very simple tattoo: grey/orange/grey. You could have "The Enemy's Gate is Down" in that. Pretty simple stuff. Or nine dots, arranged in a grid, colored like that.

Edit: I misspelled "haev" :(
Last edited by Mich on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Damn it, yeah. That one was staring me in the face what with my avatar and all. Speaking of, Mich, what's your avatar? I can't make it out.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:27 pm

It's Mr. Pokeylope from Psychonauts.
The enemy's fly is down.

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:49 pm

I refuse to even ask.

Fley
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Fley » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:54 pm

I have a buddy who got a very simple tattoo: grey/orange/grey. You could haev "The Enemy's Gate is Down" in that. Pretty simple stuff. Or nine dots, arranged in a grid, colored like that.
Cool thanks. Just don't think I want any color in mine. Thanks for the idea

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 am

I refuse to even ask.
Psychonauts is a really, really awesome platformer/action-adventure game created by Tim Schafer and the amazing Double-Fine Productions, originally released in 2005 for the XBox and PC systems. It is about a boy who runs away from the circus to go to a psychic supersoldier summer camp, where he has adventures throughout the area and within about a dozen different minds. It is amazing and funny and you should definitely play it.

Also it has a turtle, and that turtle is cool, and turtles are kind of my signature. Thus: Mr. Pokeylope.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:15 am

Like I said on Twitter, wait until the movie comes out... it'll give you some good ideas once you start seeing some of the various designs.
Ahem, but definitely send us a picture when you get it!

Also welcome to Pweb aka Phoebe.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

The Third
Launchie
Launchie

Postby The Third » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Matt,

The worst thing you can tell an artist is that you want something small. Think about location and then have an artist work the design in. I went with the epaulet EG Battle School Variant cover on my shoulder. And, I'm using the graphic novels as source material for a leg sleeve.

I know you don't want to do colors, but the dots seem like a really good idea if you want to keep it small. There's some really good stuff in the graphic novels, I really recommend looking there for imagery. Then, let the artist make it work for your body.

Hope that helps...

-DC

Return to “Milagre Town Square”