Obligatory Intro Topic

Welcome to Pweb, FAQs, Introductions and Limeaid
AbsolveXenocide
Launchie
Launchie

Obligatory Intro Topic

Postby AbsolveXenocide » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Ho Pweb,

I'm a longtime lurker on here to get news on the Enderverse. I stumbled onto Ender's Game in summer 2006 probably and was shocked at how wonderful this random book I found, which spurred me on to read more. Other than the random short stories, I've read almost all of the existing Enderverse stories (EG, SftD, Xenocide, CotM, EiE, ES, SotH, SP, SotG, SiF, plus probably A War of Gifts and First Meetings). I've also picked up a few other OSC books: Empire/Hidden Empire, The Lost Gate, Invasive Procedures, and started The Memory of Earth a few years back. OSC is probably my favorite author, although I haven't read everything he's released (a lofty challenge!)

Last summer I reread EG and all of Shadows, read SiF the start of this summer, and am working my way back through the Ender Quartet currently (on Xenocide).

AbsolveXenocide

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: Obligatory Intro Topic

Postby Luet » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Welcome! You mentioned a couple of my least favorite non-Ender OSC books (Empire and Invasive Procedures). If you are interested in trying some others, I highly recommend Pastwatch, Worthing Saga, Songmaster, and his collection of short stories, Maps in a Mirror. Those are some of my favorites.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

AbsolveXenocide
Launchie
Launchie

Postby AbsolveXenocide » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Welcome! You mentioned a couple of my least favorite non-Ender OSC books (Empire and Invasive Procedures). If you are interested in trying some others, I highly recommend Pastwatch, Worthing Saga, Songmaster, and his collection of short stories, Maps in a Mirror. Those are some of my favorites.
Pastwatch and Homecoming Saga are on my shortlist after I finish Xeno/CotM again. I also think I'd been looking into Songmaster. Thanks for the suggestions!

Edit: I also didn't think Empire/IP were that awful. The Empire duet wasn't a masterpiece or my favorite book ever, but it was adequate. I remember really enjoying IP, but that was 3-4 years ago.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:58 pm

They are probably better than much of the fiction out there, I just rate them as some of my least favorite OSC books, that's all.

I loved the first three of the Homecoming Saga. That's where my username is from :). The last two are okay but don't contain the original characters, if I remember correctly.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Welcome to Pweb and for the love of all that is holy, read Enchantment when you get a chance! :)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:33 pm

True that. I need to reread Enchantment. I tend to forget about his fantasy works, since I prefer scifi. But as far as fantasy goes, his are some of my favorite (Enchantment and the Alvin Maker series).

Return to “The Foyer: Welcome to The Philotic Web Community!”