Viola Davis

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Viola Davis

Postby Cassandra » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 pm

I think they cast Major Anderson as a girl... what do you think?
http://www.endersansible.com/2012/02/vi ... -game.html
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Re: Viola Davis

Postby Taalcon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Great find, Cassandra!

OSC changed Anderson into a woman over ten years ago in his early drafts of the screenplay. I think it's great. Doesn't change anything substantially about the character, and adds an additional spunky female presence to the mix.

See this VERY OLD (1999) script excerpt from the FrescoPix days here, where Anderson is a woman.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

She's playing a shrink? Sounds more like Major Imbu to me.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Yoda
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Yoda » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:04 pm

MY first impression was that this actress was designed for sister carlotta, not Anderson. Why else would they NOT mention who she was playing? I think they are making Enders gamer and shadow shadow in same movie myself. I also think they dont want that known. Ive read parts that said Beans life will be shown alot, meaning Sister Carlotta or a version of her needs to be there. OR....maybe they combining Arndersons Character And Sister Carlotta together. That makes some sense too.

Yoda

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Postby Taalcon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Cassandra just confirmed her as Major Anderson over at EA. Bam! Zow!

Yoda
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:07 am

Anyone think she might play duel role of both Sister Carlotta and Anderson? Or maybe they are hiding the sister Carlotta character to throw people off the Shadow series? I kinda go with Anderson in playing both roles as Anderson.

yoda

Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”