How should Enders Game movie end?

What do you think is happening with film production? How do you think things will look? What are options for sequels? Show us your own Movie Posters and Trailers here!
Yoda
Launchie
Launchie

How should Enders Game movie end?

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Anyone thing how they are going to end the movie? I think they can really go alot of ways to close it out.

1. My thoughts are that the best was to end it would be to use the final scene with Ender and his Jesh, after ender wakes up from a day in coma and thanks everyone and ends up hugging those closest to him. I like the line saying something like,,,what will we do now....and someone answers ,,,we have to go to school till were 18 and they all laugh togehter. I think this would make a nice ending.

2. Another one might be them talkign about the LOcke perposal and having Valentine come with her and Ender leaving together with the 1st colony... not to crazy about this one.

any thoughts on how it should end???

Yoda

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Re: How should Enders Game movie end?

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:02 pm

There is a part of me that wants it to end like the book, skipping the years on the colony ship and writing the Hive Queen. But that almost seems like something they would show after the credits, especially since they aren't likely to make those sequels. Based on casting, they seem to be making Valentine a rather significant role, so there's a good chance of us seeing their reunion at the end.

Your first option does sound like a very nice and happy ending, and I would like to see it. But it might just be a little too happy. One of the things that makes EG so sad to me is the fact that Ender can't go home after all he's been through. Ending with the Jeesh reunion could skip over that detail entirely. Maybe it should have a billion different endings, like Return of the King.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Yoda
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 pm

You made a good point. If they going to make a 2nd movie. dont that have to show Ender not being able to come home? Or can they skip it completly. People who watch the movie the first time will want to See Ender in 2nd movie. Do you think its possible to change the storyline slightly and have Enders part of the shadow series working together? He could then leave at a later date, but the same time as Bean to complete the speaker of dead series. Just random thoughts off top of my head

Yoda

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Postby Taalcon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 pm

The Official Ender Companion had a good discussion of this, how different screenplays ended.

One of the key options which seemed to most helpful was that Ender did find the cocoon ... hidden on Eros.

Yoda
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:18 pm

But what then?? They have to go to the shadow series after that. They have to plan to transitiono to a more bean orientated movie line.

Yoda

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:06 pm

It's Summit/Lionsgate, of course they're doing the Shadow series.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:41 pm

In the third EG film in the series, Ender falls in love with a vampire who's real good with the bow and arrow...
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:52 pm

In the third EG film in the series, Ender falls in love with a vampire who's real good with the bow and arrow...
That's what I was getting at =)
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Jinxletandcake
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Jinxletandcake » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Don't forget the sparkles!

Return to “Ender's Game Movie Rumors, Speculation and Fan Art”