Your Favourite TV That No One's Ever Seen

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Re:

Postby Taalcon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Playing catch-up here:
-Joan of Arcadia (2003-2005). It got a little bit strange and dark at the end, but until then it was pretty cool. Basic premise: girl talks to God.
Loved that show. I actually LOVED the direction it was heading at the end of its final season. It made me even more frustrated that it ended just then. It was finally finding its sense of purpose, and was leading up to some really great potential. And then...poof.
Dead Like Me - Girl cops attitude. Girl dies. Girl becomes Grim Reaper. Girl cops attitude while taking people's souls before they die. Ok, there's waffles, too. I LOVE IT. I think Kirsten and I are the only two on the board who've seen it, yeah? It's so worth it.
I deeply loved that show. Another one that ended far too soon, with far too much unresolved. I understand there was a reunion movie, but I never saw it. Reviews for it have been sadly atrocious.
They turned 10 Things I Hate About You into a TV Show. I don't hate it nearly as much as I thought I would. But I freaking love the movie.
My wife and I finally watched the show, because it was fluff, and on netflix. We actually really ended up enjoying the show. We were disappointed that it, too, abruptly ended.
Has anyone heard of Police Squad? they only ever made 6 episodes, but it was the funniest TV show I have seen for a while. It starrs Leslie Nielson, the guy from Airplane!, and is very dry random humor.
It's the series the Naked Gun movies came from! I remember watching that ages ago, and really enjoying it's absurd humor. Of course, I was much younger then ;)
The IT Crowd.
My BiL introduced us to this one, again, through Netflix. Freaking hilarious. My wife and I still randomly shout out, "I'm disabled!"
The re-imagined Sherlock Holmes that was done by BBC. Whoa, awesome show. To be expected though, with a guy like Steven Mofatt as a co-executive producer.
YES! New Series starts next week! Can't wait!
I watch True Blood. And have read the books.
My wife just (like, an hour ago) finished the books. All of them. Never seen the show, though.
That's one of the shows [Breaking Bad] that I've had recommended to me for years, and I finally started watching. I love it, but I have only seen like the first 5 episodes. It's hard to watch because it's not a show my wife would like and she's usually with me when we have time to watch TV.
This is EXACTLY my situation with this show. EXACTLY.
Does anyone watch Up All Night? It's about a young couple with a new baby, very funny. I don't have kids but I feel like that's how my life will be when I do.
We do. At the end of every episode, we swear we're not going to watch another one. And then we do. It's sort of our 'last resort' show, to watch when we're in the mood to watch something, but only sitcom length, and we've watched everything else. We laugh. We're just not proud of it.

Alright, now that I'm caught up...

Have to note the late Carnivale, from HBO. It was designed as a "Three Book" story, to be told in 6 seasons, where each set of two seasons was one "Book". It was a fantastically told fantasy taking place in depression-era Dust Bowl. Wonderful cast, masterfully crafted story. Expensive as all get-out, and was cancelled at the end of Season 2/Book 1 with a MAJOR new development that was never able to go anywhere. the creators have promised to continue the story in another media, but that hasn't yet happened. (Season 2 ended in 2006).

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Re: Your Favourite TV That No One's Ever Seen

Postby locke » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:57 pm

For me, the recent Express Christmas episode of Modern Family has elevated the show past Pushing Daisies into the top two shows of all time...

It is possible, with two and a half seasons, the show is now the best ever, succeeding Firefly in my book.

Never has a TV show made me laugh as hard or feel as much as this one, just soo brilliant.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:25 am

I know this is the realm of subjective opinion, but is this Modern Family show as funny as Community?
I need something new to fill the void it left with it's season 3 hiatus/canceling. (Though, How I Met Your Mother is coming close)
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:56 am

I love White Collar and Royal Pains, though the latter has started to get a little too soap-opera for my taste.

I love Coupling. I don't care what anyone says, the Brits make the best sitcoms.

I'll always have a soft spot for Chuck, though they've started to make the jump from "tastefully ridiculous" to just "ridiculous" in this final season.

Strike Back is filling the void left by 24 quite nicely.

Californication continues to be a really decent dark dramedy.

I hope they bring back Episodes for a second season. In the meantime, I hope House of Lies proves to be a worthy replacement.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:09 pm

I've not watched more than episode of community, but yes, any episode of modern family was better than the ep of community I've seen.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:25 am

I know it's a older series but iv'e been loving "Sea Patrol" on hulu or you tube.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:03 pm

I've not watched more than episode of community, but yes, any episode of modern family was better than the ep of community I've seen.
Hmmm which episode was it?
Guess I'll give this show a try.

Ela
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Get off my lawn!!
First Joined: 0- 9-2000

Postby Ela » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:01 pm

I don't really have a favorite TV show right now, but last week I accidentally saw some episodes of Burn Notice at work while having lunch. It looked pretty interesting. Anyone else seen it? If so, what did you think of it?
Pweb member since 2000

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:07 pm

My husband watches it religiously, I have seen most of the episodes but got a little distracted from it hen working 2 jobs 2 seasons ago. I really like the show and the relationships between the characters and how they are always trying to help people. I say go for it

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Watched Sherlock 2.1 last night with the wife.

Best appearance of Holmes in Buckingham Palace EVER.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Are you watching Sherlock season 2 online? I didn't think it was going to be on BBC America until Spring?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Finished The Wire yesterday. Almost watched all of the final season this last weekend, since I stayed at home, dog-sick, in my PJs.

Soooooooooooooooooo good. I know I'm behind on the gravy train; it's been done for 4 years. But come on. One of the best shows I've ever seen.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Are you watching Sherlock season 2 online? I didn't think it was going to be on BBC America until Spring?
:toocool:

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Oh, I'm not judging. We are just too lazy to watch most stuff online, unless we happen to miss one episode of a show that is currently airing. I think we'll wait until it comes on BBCA.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:02 pm

This. SO Very This.
<3
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:36 pm

The girlfriend mostly watches for the bromance, so the large amounts of heterosexuality in 2.1 left her rather disappointed. I thought it was fantastic, myself.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Sherlock 2.3 spoilers:

I did not see Jim's suicide coming. Definitely the most effective twist in this episode.

More importantly: How did he pull off the ending?! I assume it somehow involved Molly, as we never learned what he needed her for. And I assume something happened when Watson was knocked down. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

ETA: (spoiler) I FIGURED IT OUT.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:51 am

Sherlock 2.3 spoilers:

I did not see Jim's suicide coming. Definitely the most effective twist in this episode.

More importantly: How did he pull off the ending?! I assume it somehow involved Molly, as we never learned what he needed her for. And I assume something happened when Watson was knocked down. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

ETA: (spoiler) I FIGURED IT OUT.
We were aware of Conan Doyle's attempt to get rid of Sherlock, so we weren't completely surprised. I'm having an easier time sorting Moriarty's suicide than Sherlock's. Moriarty's is easily explained with superb acting, a blood-packet, and a blank shot. Sherlock's, well, I'm figuring Molly had something to do with it, possibly switching out Sherlock's body for an actual corpse during the time Watson was down, but that still doesn't explain how he survived the fall, so I'm stumped there.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Oh my word, I love Sherlock. It feels like the accomplish in one episode what another show would take a whole season to tell. It's awesome.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:31 am

I love Downton Abbey.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Misfits is actually plugging the Jeff shaped hole that Community left in my soul. Damn that show is funny...partly because of their British accents.

GS
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ganon's Bane
First Joined: 02 Feb 1922

Postby GS » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:42 am

Warehouse 13.

I freaking love this show. Although, I am a little disappointed with how season 4 has gone.
I don't want to do things. I want to not do things.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:51 am

It is f******! :frolic:

Sorry. A bit happy to see you 'round these parts. Carry on.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Foyle's War. I can't recommend it highly enough. I know it's on Netflix, and on DVD. Don't know where else one might find it. But absolutely worth your time.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

JohnPaulWiggin
Launchie
Launchie
First Joined: 06 Aug 2012

Postby JohnPaulWiggin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Modern Family and Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia are my favorites

Return to “Milagre Town Square”