Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:43 pm

*hugs jan*

Is there typically a lot of crime in your area? My mom always yells at me about not locking my car/house. I have a 12 year old car also and always figure, "who would want to steal it?" But I also don't know anyone in this area who has ever had their car stolen or broken into.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 pm

i usually leave my jeep unlocked but don't keep anything in it. i've had a couple of cars broken into for stuff, and they can be rather damaged in the process of theft, but if the door is unlocked they don't break anything just to find out you have nothing. if they're going to steal the car, they're going to do it regardless of locks.

anyway. sorry for the theft, jan, that sucks.
Ubernaustrum

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:27 pm

That really sucks, Jan. It's also one of my biggest fears, i'm so paranoid about making sure it's locked and I worry all day when I have to leave it parked somewhere.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 am

*hugs jan*

Is there typically a lot of crime in your area?
Not really that I know of, definitely not as much as where we lived in Winnipeg (though we didn't own a car there). I had noticed some broken glass recently in our parking lot that made me a bit nervous, but I had the same attitude as you "who would want our car??"

After we called the police, it didn't take them long to find it in a tow yard. The back window was smashed out and the ignition punched in, which is not much damage, but probably enough to write it off. Someone also called to say that they found our carseat abandoned in the woods, but when we tried to find the spot it wasn't there. There was a pile of wet clothes and some other stuff, so we're guessing it's a common dumping ground for stuff taken out of a stolen car.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 am

Hey bob, it's me again,

So I tryed to be myself with this girl who I've been close to recently, got shot down. *sniff* . . . f%&k.
This intelectual standstill is messing me up pretty bad Bob. I'm a smart guy and it really pains me when I let it show and the people around me give a look of something close to disgust. So I hide it. Not my best idea I know, but it keeps me from hurting.

Bob, I need to be pushed hard to get what I want and to be the man that I am but no one has even tryed, everyone has this ohitwillbealrightjustdowhatyouwant bulls$&t attitude that is more harmful to me than anything.
Don't get me wrong that is a great attitude to have and it promotes emotional growth and stability but I'm done with it. I've learned all I can about emotions. I know how I will react and the best way to handle any emotonal turmoil that I could think of happening to me and I have the experience to back it up as well.
I need to get pushed and challenged.

Slowly dying,
Me
Late at night when the world grows still, and a peace upraises from your soul, I take that chance to blend myself, with all of nature as a whole.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:06 pm

well, job is going great, and my relationship with my girlfriend and her kids couldn't be going better. i'm actually amazed at how great things are going. i'd say i'm waiting for the other shoe to drop if it weren't for that other thing. my whole last year has been fantastic, as well as the new year so far except that things with my ex wife have been increasingly irritating. she's getting more crazy as time goes by. which makes me appreciate georgien all the more. for how wonderfully sane she is, and supportive and caring, but also cuz she lets me gripe to her about my ex and gives me advice. it's nice to have a shoulder to laugh on. seriously, the ex has been comically crazy.

so we got our divorce. which is great. and the divorce agreement was that i stay in the house until it sells, and basically pay for everything associated with it. i'm cool with that, i love this house and intend to buy it. however. anna is unhappy and has changed her mind. she now wants to kick me out of the house and is threatening to take me to court. it's a whole thing. she also is being nuts about the market value of the house. wants it listed for 20k above fair market value. wants to take me to court about that too. realtor won't list that high.

there's quite a bit more to it, but it's late and i don't want to go into it right now. but basically a lawyer told me she can't kick me out, and she doesn't have any grounds for taking me to court since i'm not even in contempt to any point of the divorce. so basically it's frustration and time on my part.

anyway, i'm tired, and will talk to you guys later.
Ubernaustrum

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:40 am

I put up with sexual harassment in the workplace because, as my friends say when I talk to them about it, "At least I have a job."
The password is "guilty"

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Dear Bob,

I got a job offer in Charlotte! The hospital they're thinking about putting me at is about 30 minutes from the house, which is acceptable. They're offering lots more money than I was expecting, which is great! The benefits are good, which is great!

Yay job! Let's just hurry up and graduate!
-Kim

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Congrats, Kim. Completely earned and deserved. :)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Dear Bob,

I know my friends and family here are doing the best they can to keep my spirits up.

But sometimes I just get this crushing sadness. I miss my husband and I'm lonely!

I spent most of Saturday and most of today with my best friend... but I'm still lonely.

My parents are going to come visit next weekend... but I'm sure I'll still be lonely.
-Kim

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:34 pm

*hugs*
Its really hard being far from the person you love.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm

*hugs*
Its really hard being far from the person you love.
Amen.

*lots of hugs and happy wishes*
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Argh, I really shouldn't ever even try to stay up to date with online stuff around the winter holidays. I think every year I sorta try and just fail everywhere, eventually giving up and going almost silent until I get back home. This year I was gone for nearly a month. A month! That's bordering on the limit of my medium-term memory (or whatever you'd call it). It feels like I haven't been in the house in like a year; I've lost much of my muscle memory for where things are and stuff.

But now I'm back and trying to catch up with everything, which is tiring in and of itself.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:05 am

Bob, the good news is, Kinley's EEG was normal! We don't have a childhood of seizures in sight!

The bad news is, we keep having weird trials. Now Tyler has shingles!

Life is so weird, and I'm SO past that magic "3" number of "things" coming together. I'm putting in for my break!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Bob,

Four days without power really sucked. What made it even worse is yesterday everyone around here had power except our street. I'm so glad to have hot water back!

- Soon to be a very clean Fred!

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Kinley's EEG was normal! We don't have a childhood of seizures in sight!
THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Kinley's EEG was normal! We don't have a childhood of seizures in sight!
THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!
Thanks, Syphon. :)

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Bob,
tomorrow is the day, I'm taking Cleo to the vet and I'm 99% sure she isn't coming home.
Today when John, my FIL, came home she was super slow to greet him, but when she met him in the kitchen she was all tail wags and happy to see him. This is the last time she will say hi to him when he gets home from work.
Tonight will be the last night she sleeps in my room.
this is the day of last times.

it sucks!

But then I look at her and I know its time, she sleeps all day and only has brief moments where she looks happy and comfortable. I even noticed lymphoma lesions on her tongue yesterday. I got her some Tramadol (a pain killer) from the vet because her moth seemed very painful. She seems much happier with the pain killers.

I don't know how I'm going to say goodbye to her

Teresa

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

*big big hugs*

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:56 pm

*hugs* I'm so sorry.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:03 pm

I am sorry ! and been there and will be again, you,re doing the right thing .Why is it so hard to say farewell to a loyal dog?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Bob,

I am exhausted. Being "in transition" is hard.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:32 am

Dear Bob,
Last week I fainted during Chem lab (I'm fine)
I have to face everyone tomorrow as "that girl who fainted last week"
I'm half wanting to laugh it off and half wanting to change my name and run in the other direction.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Did you go with laughing it off, I hope?

Also hope you're okay!
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 pm

Cassandra, I'm sorry I totally forgot to reply to this! (This is a huge problem of mine, as I check threads when I don't have time to respond and then I can't remember what I was going to respond to.)

I was going to say that Tyler threw up a school a couple of weeks ago, and I was SO nervous about all the kids making fun of him. Especially since one kid told his mom that "it was the grossest day EVER!" Luckily, he's suffered no social ill-effects, so I hope it's the same for you!!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:37 pm

I was torn between amused and baffled that people "liked" that on FB. You have lovely friends. :stoned:

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 am

Hey Bob,

You know, most of the time I love having the apartment to myself and being able to do my own thing, but last night was a little rough. I'm not the type of person who needs plans with people to be happy or feel like I had a successful weekend, but I think this weekend may be one too many without plans. There are things I could do, but I don't really feel like doing them. And what things I am actually going to do are just more things others planned that I'm just tagging along for. I miss having friends I could randomly call up and do something with. I miss having people I felt comfortable inviting over to just hang out. I miss people who actually wanted to hang out with me.

Sorry for the emo-ness. Apparently sleep didn't make it much better.

Love,
Me
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Bob,

So, here we are. Here I am. zero left about an hour ago and on the walk back to my apartment from the train station, I stopped for a moment a few times to look more closely at some stuff along the way.

Leftover Chinese for lunch, some work to look at later, banking stuff to take care of, tidying up to do...I won't exactly be bored today.

But I am kind of horrific levels of terrified at the moment for two reasons, neither of which has to do with being alone or being harmed (in general, not sitting around in my apartment) or being away from AZ or anything I kind of expected to be hit by at this point, as far as fears go.

I keep telling myself that if I don't talk about it, post about it, whatever, maybe it'll go away.

God, I wonder if I'll sleep tonight.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Bob I'm totally creeped out! This monster killed (after terrorizing and sexually assaulting) some gal and her two small boys, after she helped him out and let him stay in her garage . Anyhow this creep was just found dead about a mile and a half from our farm where he shot himself. This is too close and is driving me nuts! It happened along a pretty quiet stretch of road that any other time of the year we would be using a lot since we farm some acreage along it. What makes people care so little for each other.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Bob I'm totally creeped out! This monster killed (after terrorizing and sexually assaulting) some gal and her two small boys, after she helped him out and let him stay in her garage . Anyhow this creep was just found dead about a mile and a half from our farm where he shot himself. This is too close and is driving me nuts! It happened along a pretty quiet stretch of road that any other time of the year we would be using a lot since we farm some acreage along it. What makes people care so little for each other.
I heard about this one the news yesterday and it completely creeped me out too, I had no clue it was so close to you though! That's scary!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Bob,

I have that anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach that is just there and you have to stop and really focus to figure out why you feel so upset and crappy. I can figure out two reasons, neither of which I can do anything about.

1) The chances of my SIL and niece coming to visit from California anytime in the near future is getting slimmer and slimmer. There are many reasons but the biggest is that her husband doesn't view it as important enough to spend money on, so it's just not going to happen. However, I know if she made it clear that she really wanted to, it would happen. So, it leaves me feeling like I'm just not important enough. Old issues.

2) Babe, my leopard gecko, is not doing well. She already had been having some relatively minor issues in the last couple weeks, which required a vet visit. Then, Sunday, my cat snuck into our bedroom (where Babe is kept) and before we realized she was there, she gave her a couple scratches. Last night, I realized that she was not healing well and looked infected. I took her to the vet again today and I now have to give her antibiotic shots every two days. But she is really not well right now. I feel terrible for her. She is 11yo, which is getting up there for a leo, and I just don't know how bad she has to get before I have to decide to have her euthanized. But she has only been bad for a day or so. Maybe she'll be much better tomorrow. I really hope so.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Well, Babe just died. While I was holding her. But she twitched for like 30 minutes so it was horrible.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Oh Nomi, I'm so sorry. *hugs*
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:41 pm

*great-big-super-long-hug-complete-with-wet-shoulder-from-the-tears*

I love you Nomi. You're a good momma. I hope you can find peace soon.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm so, so, sorry, Nomi. :( *hug* You tried so hard to help her get better; you were a great friend to her.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”