MAJOR casting news!!

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

MAJOR casting news!!

Postby Cassandra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:19 pm

http://www.endersansible.com/2011/12/ma ... -news.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ahhhhhh!
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Re: MAJOR casting news!!

Postby Taalcon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Woah.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:26 pm

AAAAHHHHHHH indeed! :stoned: :mrgreen: :stoned:
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 pm

This was me: YAYYYY... wait! oh man that's a lot of pictures I have to find really really fast! lol
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Awesome work. I went ahead and made the individual posts for the confirmed actors here, linking to your work ;)

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Here's a collage from ComingSoon.net:

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:57 pm

I like it... accept Kingsley is not confirmed yet.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Thank you by the way for posting on Hatrack and making all these threads, Dave! I was busy spreading the news on Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr and all that. I And I already followed everyone on Twitter except that Conor Carroll kid who I can't find, if you find his twitter anyone please let me know. (I made my Ender's Game movie twitter list public if anyone is interested. Now I'm going to put together a little more in depth post of everyone.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:37 pm

I'll join you all in saying AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Just looking at the pictures I want to switch the casting of Petra and Valentine. Did anyone else have the same reaction?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Not me. I see Abigail as more of a Valentine than Petra. She seems like more of the sweet girl type.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Not me. I see Abigail as more of a Valentine than Petra. She seems like more of the sweet girl type.
But I see Hailey as more girlish in general, and Petra is definitely not the "girlish" sort.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Hey you guys, I compiled a more complete look of the cast:
http://www.endersansible.com/p/enders-g ... -cast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:36 am

http://www.endersansible.com/p/enders-g ... -cast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice write-up! Thanks =)

I just went on a wikipedia editing spree to add Ender's Game (film) to the 2013 filmography of every on that list who already has their own wikipedia entry.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 am

Nice write-up! Thanks =)

I just went on a wikipedia editing spree to add Ender's Game (film) to the 2013 filmography of every on that list who already has their own wikipedia entry.
That's great, that didn't even cross my mind today...
I love that the Bonzo kid has a picture of him reading Ender's Game!

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:46 am

I went ahead and made my own collage, I put Ben Kingsley in but I could easily take him out if he's not cast after all.

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:03 am

I love it. I LOVE IT! Abigail Breslin and Hailee Steinfeld are both amazing and could probably pull off either role, but I think Hood got it right. I think Ben Kingsley as Mazer Rackham is probably the best casting choice out of the bunch. He's an amazing actor (an Academy Award Winner) that has the look -- he's long and frail but still has a presence about him which will work great on screen. I'm not really familiar with the other kids, but the "look" is more or less right.

One thing I'm really encouraged about is that the cast is pretty diverse, much more so than I was expecting. I was worried that every kid with the exception of one or two would be white and this isn't the case.

It's pretty much a dream cast as far as I'm concerned.

Salaam

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:25 am

Actually, my biggest excitement comes from the cast as a whole. Valentine is to be played by one of the biggest child actors of her generation, which leads me to believe that she'll have a rather prominent role in the movie. That means, on top of the beginning, Ender probably WILL be returning to Earth and be reunited with Valentine.

On top of that, we have Stilson and Bernard. In other drafts of the screenplay the Stilson fight had been removed, if the character has been cast hopefully this won't be the case... OSC himself also said that as soon as Ender says "yes" to Graff on going to battle school that he'd walk into Salamander Armies barracks. IE: removing the entire launchy aspect of the story. But if Bernard has been cast, maybe this has been changed...

My biggest fear of the movie is that it'll all happen too quick. I realize they're condensing the story, but if they go too far it'll hurt the movie. Since they're including Stilson and Bernard it alleviates some of my fears. If ever there was a movie that needed to be on the long side (2 hrs 15 minutes or so), this is it.

Salaam

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Holy crap.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can