ESP(Web)N

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Re: ESP(Web)N

Postby starlooker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks. I had a feeling it was going to be that way, so I mainly buried my head in a book and looked up when Donny was making noise.

Can't say it wasn't expected, at least.

We'll have some of our players back next week, so hopefully we'll get a win there.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:23 pm

This could just as easily go in the Irrational Irritations thread but I'll spare the non-sports fans.

I am so, so, so sick of Tim Tebow, the miracle worker, talk. That man is getting better at his job, I'll grant him that, and his style, straight from college, that is basically non-existent in the pros, is obviously doing him some good but as it stands, he is not winning games, his kicker is winning games and other teams' mistakes are winning the Broncos games. Chicago is just the latest proof of that and the Chargers definitely fit that bill, as well.

He does not deserve even half the credit he has gotten for the wins his team has racked up and although I hate the Patriots with a passion rivaled or surpassed only by my hatred for the Cowboys and Raiders, I look forward to NE knocking him on his overrated ass.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Petra
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby Petra » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:24 am

Aw, that makes me sad. As a Gator who went to UF from 2004-2008, I was required to sign a notarized statement declaring my undying fealty to Timmy before they would let me have my diploma. But I can understand that people are getting tired of him always being brought up in the sports news.
"I seem to remember that when I was younger, overly sugared brats were sent down into the basement to fend for themselves, like Lord of the Flies."

GS
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ganon's Bane
First Joined: 02 Feb 1922

Postby GS » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:59 am

http://tebowing.com/

This site makes it all worth while. Tebow reminds me of a smarter version of Vince Young with a worse arm. Vince was praised for his ability to win games despite everyone agreeing that he didn't have the skills to be a good NFL QB. We all saw how it ended for Vince in Tennessee and (unfortunately for me) how it is going in Philadelphia this year. But Tebow really does get better late in the fourth quarter. It is really inexplicable. He had three completions at half time. THREE! I could complete three passes in a half of football. Then on their last three drives, he was 13 of 15. It is really unexplainable. That being said, he will come down to Earth. The defense can't win every game for them.
I don't want to do things. I want to not do things.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:00 pm

I can't wait to see Tim Tebow lose spectacularly. :)
-Kim

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:07 pm

I can't wait to see Tim Tebow lose spectacularly. :)
THIS THIS THIS.

Especially since we're technically still in the hunt for the damn playoffs.

I think the Broncos are replacing the Cowboys for second place on my most hated teams list. (The Chiefs are the uncontested #1).

I've hated the Cowboys for most of my life, but some of them and the cheerleaders went and visited my friend's little boy (the one with cancer) in the hospital, and it's hard for me to seriously hate them now.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Yeah. My most hated teams: Broncos, Cowboys, Jets... in that order.

Favorites: Patriots, Texans... in that order.

Other teams... Eh. Don't really care either way unless they're playing one of the teams above. In which case, I hope they destroy the first list and lose spectacularly to the second. :)
-Kim

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:36 pm

I kind of like Tebow. I kind of like that it makes no sense that he is winning. Though, I don't root for any AFC teams, so perhaps that is why.

GS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GS » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Just watched the first episode of 24/7. I love that the Flyers are on it this year and that I get some behind the scenes on my favorite team. It is pretty awesome.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Today...was awesome.

*Broncos lost (thanks, Patriots; you've proven useful, though I still mostly hate you)
*Oakland lost
*Chargers won :mrgreen:
*Cardinals won

I'm looking to the Chiefs and the Bills to beat the Broncos in the next few weeks. I'm hoping like hell we beat the Lions and Oakland. It could happen!

I didn't watch the game but I was shocked to hear about the GB loss. And the Colts won!

Oh, and Qualcomm was bad enough after growing up with Jack Murphy but Snapdragon Stadium? I'm glad that's temporary.

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Jets and Giants had a horrible day. Neither team showed up to play. So it goes.

At least my Fantasy team won its playoff game. On to the Championship next Saturday. Hoping Santa brings me a Fantasy League Championship under the tree!

GS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GS » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:47 am

At least my Fantasy team won its playoff game. On to the Championship next Saturday. Hoping Santa brings me a Fantasy League Championship under the tree!
Ditto for me. I have no idea how I find myself in the championship. My team has stunk out loud for the majority of the year. I snuck into playoffs. And now I am in the championship against a team that has only lost two games all season. I would love Santa's help.

But being an Eagles fan, I was very happy with the Giants and Jets terrible days. That being said, I will be a huge Jets fan this weekend. And if everything goes well, I will be rooting for the Giants the final weekend.

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:13 am

Heh, my championship game opponent has also lost only two games this season. That said, my average scores have not been that far behind his, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

At this point, I'm relegated to hoping one NY team makes the playoffs. Though I nurture no delusion that either team has a hope in hell of reaching the Superbowl, let alone winning it.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:10 pm

The Chiefs? REALLY? Packers, WTF? If you weren't going to have a perfect season, why did it have to be the f****** CHIEFS?

Also, Raiders, I love you and we need to have a talk, Intervention-style, SOON.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:23 pm

haha :mrgreen: Too true, too true. Except for the Tom Brady comment.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Okay, I finally figured things out, I think. Denver needs to lose the last two, that is certain. Same for Chargers needing to win their last two. I will also need an Oakland win today (followed by a loss next week) and a Chiefs loss today (followed by a win next week).

There. That should do it.

I'm watching the Broncos/Bills score and the Raiders/Chiefs score closely. Happy with the Bills, so far.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Welp, I guess every team but the Chargers wanted the Chargers to move on.

I'm not overly mad because so many other things in my life are so flipping good right now but I still gotta let a few F-bombs fly (here at home, where it's not such a taboo, scary, awful thing) because they ruined this season for themselves.

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Both NY teams are still mathematically in the hunt for playoff contention, so I'm not entirely disappointed yet. Pessimistic, but not without hope.

As for my fantasy team, unless Drew Brees can get 35 fantasy points on Monday, it looks like I'm going to win the championship game! Given that I joined the fantasy league completely by accident, I am quite pleased. :)

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:50 am

Janikowski is FINALLY going to the Pro-Bowl! Yippee!!

:frolic:

I was going to freaking have a hissy fit if they did not send him this year, what with tying the NFL record for longest field goal.

You can say what you want about the Raiders' offense, defense, coaching, penalties, sportsmanship, and their mamas, but our special teams have no peer.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:17 pm

Woo! Go Hoosiers! :frolic:
The enemy's fly is down.

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:13 pm

There is no way the Jets are making it into the postseason, not with the way they are playing today. And that makes me sad face.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Leave it to the Chargers to play up to their potential after losing the game where it actually mattered. All the "should"s this season...oh well.

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:40 pm

At least the Giants are in, so I have someone to root for next weekend.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Claire » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:48 am

Sunday feels so far away. GO PACK GO!

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:03 pm

I'm so nervous right now that this is almost unenjoyable. ALMOST.

Edit so that I don't triple post: this hurts.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:29 pm

So, the two teams left that I was rooting for lost this weekend...Don't really care for the 49ers, Ravens, or Giants but any of them would do so long as the Patriots don't win; the Patriots existed to defeat the Broncos, that's it.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 am

The Pats absolute domination of the Broncos warms my heart. Take that, annoying broncos fans. Take that Tebow-mania and Teboner sports announcers. Take that Tebow and your pretentious, ostentatious praying. (Though, really, I feel like all professional athletes should be thanking the lucky star or deity of their choice for their extreme good fortune to be pro athletes. Plenty of people with talent nd dreams don't end up at that level.)

On the downside, it did just occur t me that I will not get to watch the Superbowl this year. I'll be back on overnight ER foe that Sunday. 4pm-4am precludes Superbowl watching. Hopefully people wont want to bring their pets in and we can watch it streaming or something
-Kim

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm just glad the Giants won. A rematch of SB XLIII seems quite likely. Hopefully with the same result. :)

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 am

You can be a broncos fan and not be annoying or a Tebowmaniac. :cry:

Brian found a vhs of Superbowl XXXII for really cheap online, so he's planning on having a Broncos Superbowl party soon. The poor guy was out of the country on a mission the 2 years that the Broncos won. He's always wanted to see the games, so he's finally going to do it!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:21 am

steph, I'm totally cool with regular broncos fans. It's just the annoying ones that are annoying. :)
-Kim

GS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GS » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:09 pm

The Giants could win the Super Bowl this year and you still could not convince me that they are a good football. The NFC East was absolute garbage this year.

That being said, as a fan without a rooting interest, I'm not happy with the results this last weekend. I was hoping for a Packers/Saints NFC Championship game because that would probably one of the most entertaining playoff games ever. And then either of those teams against the Pats in the Super Bowl would be entertaining as hell too. The Pats are fun to watch, as much as I don't really like them. The Niners and Ravens are terribly boring, defensive teams. Good teams, but boring none the less. And who knows about the Giants. They have a good passing attack, but their running game has been rubbish for the majority of the year. Their defense hasn't played that great either, for the most part. So, I don't think the last two games make up for their deficiencies all season. I just don't think these next three games will be all that entertaining. I hope I am wrong. Because I didn't see the Saints/Niners game going down that way and that was super fun to watch.

To preface this, I liked the Broncos in the 90's because John Elway is my all time favorite QB. Hands down. And I have a little soft spot for them now because Brian Dawkins is on the team. And I heart B-Dawk. But since Elway retired, I feel that the media machine (and maybe Broncos fans to a lesser extent) are quick to jam the Broncos QB down your throat. It started with Brian Griese (The next Elway! really?), then Jake Plummer (The resurgence! Also, was know for 4th quarter comebacks, so again...Elway reborn!), then Jay Cutler (Has a better arm then Elway! And was a polarizing figure), then Kyle Orton (The Anti-Cutler!) and now Tebow. Tebow is the most polarizing because people love him as a person(expert analysts included), but most were predicting utter failure given his unconventional QB skill set. He is also super polarizing because he is uber-Christian and prays on the field. And the reason I am sick of him already, the fourth quarter was never or will ever be Tebow Time. That always was and will Elway Time. Please stop trying to comparing him to one of the best quarterbacks of all time!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Dear Ravens,

I...am in shock.

:cry:

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh man, what a game. A nailbiter, for sure.
-Kim

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Giants/Pats epic Super Bowl rematch is on. :)

I'm a Giants fan so call me biased, but would anyone really bet against the Giants beating the Pats again? Eli Manning and Victor Cruz are absolutely carving up defenses left and right, and Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora and JPP are going to give Tom Brady nightmares.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

epic Super Bowl
This rematch is honestly the most boring outcome I could never think up.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”