All I have to do is dream...

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Re: All I have to do is dream...

Postby VelvetElvis » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:31 pm

At least I was comforted!
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 pm

You were! And it's funny that I've seen enough pictures of your husband to have him appear in my dream. He was lying on one of the bunks and you were laying with him (non in THAT way) and you were crying and he was hugging you.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:36 pm

in Spiderman pose
Best question ever when told about this dream:

Teresa: Was there an upside down kiss?
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:49 pm

:stoned:

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:28 am

Hmm, no one has had a pweb dream since mine. This is weird.

So, I had two pweb dreams in one night. The first was that my husband and I were visiting Jan and Paul in St. John's. We were on the beach and playing with Ginny and Maggie. That's about it but it was fun.

The other one is the epitome of lameness. I was on facebook and was really excited to find zero there. And his name was "The Boy". :?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:15 pm

I've had them but they're usually about zero and as much as I'd love to prove how obsessive my head can get over things (as if I needed to prove that), I'd rather not.

I did have one with Satya this week, which was strange. I lived in a mansion sort of house and he possibly worked in it. One day, he walked into a room as I was being sexually assaulted and he helped me out. Seemed like a bummer kind of dream to share.
I was on facebook and was really excited to find zero there. And his name was "The Boy".
Pretty close. *grin* He's boy-person!

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:09 am

Thank you to everyone who attended the website planning meeting at my house last night. I'm glad that just about all of you were able to make it. We had a great weekend and made lots of progress on the website!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:26 am

Featured Pwebbers: B_w, skinny-Chris (WS, just skinny), Shannon, and one other person I can't remember but who is a male Pwebber

Dream: I can't remember what happened anymore but I know it was something bad and we were on some sort of team, working together against it. The only reason I remember that much is because I woke up just in time to avoid seeing the worst of it and I told myself I'd remember to post this when I got up for good.

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:47 am

Well, if it's prophetic, at my current rate, it'll be at least May before I'll consider myself vaguely skinny.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:09 am

I made it into a Pweb dream! This should probably go into the personal triumphs thread. Ah well.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon May 07, 2012 9:49 am

I had a weird pweb dream last night. I logged onto the board and found that Dear Bob had been deleted. I was really ticked off. I soon found out that since he was the one that started it, Taal was the one who deleted it. Suddenly, it was all in meatspace and I was yelling at a group of people (nameless, faceless pwebbers) saying "How could you delete Bob? It's so nice to be able to go back and see what you wrote!" Someone held up a printout and said "It's okay! We have it all printed out!"
But then suddenly (oh, dreams and your sudden changes) Alea and I were locked up on the second floor of a house (the house I grew up in) watching as a group of people (I don't know who they were) burned the pages of Dear Bob. Both of us were pounding on the windows and yelling at them to stop.

Then I woke up and wrote about it on pweb and everyone started analyzing it.

Then I ACTUALLY woke up.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Mon May 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Wow, clearly this means blah blah blah and whatsit about your belief system and current outlook on life, plus your personal biology will frizz-fram up the wizzle-what.

How astounding and illuminating!
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Wow, clearly this means blah blah blah
I disagree but...
frizz-fram up the wizzle-what.
*nod* I hadn't thought about that being an outcome; it's all too clear when you put it that way.

Also, the idea of losing Bob gives me the willies. Analyze that, Dr. Boss.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Mon May 07, 2012 7:58 pm

It probably means that you've invested a lot of emotion and history into this little ol' website of ours, and losing a record of the good and bad times you've had while here would symbolize them never happening, for good or for bad.

Weee dreams are fun!

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Featured Pwebbers: Adam, Kelly, and (former) Janelle

I'm piecing together the few memories I have left of this dream but my brother presented me with a suitcase (literally) full of brownie mix and said it didn't have the right measurements of certain things, so I needed to add stuff to it. I couldn't see, though, because the suitcase was in a dark pantry, meaning whatever I added was more on a whim than anything else.

I remembered I had somewhere to be so I grabbed my backpack and took off. Turns out, it was a race, and Adam saw me struggling to make it up a short flight of stairs while wearing a backpack, so he stood at the top giving me tips on how to make it up. I kept glaring at him but he made no effort to stop. In the middle of said glaring, Kelly walked by holding my suitcase full of brownie mix! It made me more upset and I finally made it up the stairs.

Cut to a later part of that day and I was walking with Janelle in tow, trying to give her a tour, and telling someone who was with us that she's impossible to please, so don't bother.

And then I woke up.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:20 am

So let's see. Been a while since I had a P-Web dream. Featured P-Webbers were Alea, zero, steph, Luet, EL, and Rei, I suppose, but there was a huge crowd.

The P-webby bit came at the very tail-end of a strange dream involving family road trips, Alaska, the midnight sun, polar bears, my grandfather, and way too much me being accidentally naked (yes, one of those dreams). Basically everyone was there, and Alea and zero were being all disgustingly lovey-dovey. You know the type. Macking on each other. Being horrifically cute. Nomi and I were rolling our eyes at each other, steph thought it was adorable, and EL and Rei were commentating, I suppose. I was turning to the person to my right to make another wry comment when I woke up.

Yeah, pretty eventful, I know, but that's what you all get for waiting until the last minute to appear.

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:02 am

Hmm, I don't think anything we do in person can be considered horrifically cute, unless (general) you happen to think my hugging on him is. Either way, if it was to the degree I consider to be horrifically cute, then it's also to the degree I consider to be terribly obnoxious to do in public, so my sincerest apologies for dream-Alea's behavior!

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:49 am

But it was so cute!

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:35 pm

steph, don't encourage dream-them.

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Seriously. Though, if you really want to encourage nice behavior, make dream-zero nicer to me in my dreams.

He's always ignoring me or otherwise being a poophead and I wake up annoyed with/saddened by the real one, poor guy.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:02 am

Hey, I've been married to nice-guy Mark for nearly 15 years and I still (last night) dream about him being mean to me on a regular basis.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 pm

I dreamed that I went with my family and girlfriend and a bunch of you (pretty much all of the current regulars, and some of our "Lost Souls") to this big Imax movie theater to see Ender's Game, and it was packed, with people sitting on the floors; and then there was a big protest in the theater because I guess some old politician types were at the same showing as us, and it turned into a brawl, and then the gravity got really light and us pwebbers jumped to the ceiling and hung out there until the police showed up to calm everyone down.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 pm

During my nap today, I dreamed that I was there to cheer for Syphon when he walked out of this maze-like thing in a library/store with his Law Certificate. I didn't want him to think we didn't care, so I made sure I was there!

And then I was going to drive to see Alea, but decided it was too far to drive in one day, so we were both going to meet in the middle at Kirsten's.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:18 pm

I would be open to traveling to Kirsten. I haven't met her or been to her state yet. :)

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:31 am

I was there to cheer for Syphon when he walked out of this maze-like thing in a library/store with his Law Certificate. I didn't want him to think we didn't care, so I made sure I was there!
:D So glad I didn't actually have to walk through a maze to get my degree. (David Bowie only gives you 13 hours, you know!)
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:21 am

(David Bowie only gives you 13 hours, you know!)
I tried so hard to enjoy that movie. I've put it on the list of Movies I Should Like But Don't, alongside Rocky Horror Picture Show, Legend, and Blade Runner.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 am

Yay! Yes! Very, very good plan!
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Featured Pwebbers: Ed, zero, Jan

My dream started out in an apartment complex, where Jan, my little brother and I lived. One evening, my little brother came over to my apartment with Jan's baby (neither Ginny nor Maggie; Jan was out on a date or something) and a cup of yogurt and I asked if I could try feeding her. While I was holding her, something really awful happened in the apartment building and people were running around with guns and walls were falling down; total chaos. Jan eventually made it back after the damage to the building was done and I just felt bad because I couldn't make her child eat as well as my brother did.

Sometime after that I ended up on a school bus with some kids I actually went to elementary/jr high school with -James, Bobbi, Sarah, Rachel- and some Pwebbers - zero and Ed. James was the boy I, in reality, had a crush on from 5th-9th grade and he was sitting across the aisle with Bobbi, making out with her. I turned in my seat to tell zero, who was sitting with Rachel, but he seemed kind of unimpressed by this news. Frustrated that he didn't care more about this, I turned back around only to see James now hitting on Sarah but instead of trying to tell zero again, I ran to Ed and hugged him. Then I caught a glimpse of something shiny out of the corner of my eye and lo and behold, the bus made it to the glass farm (a really big field filled with rows and rows of vases, bottles, and various other glass nick-knacks)!

The end.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:57 am

Featured Pwebber: Jason

I was back in high school again and Jason was a classmate. I tried sneaking into the cafeteria early one day with Ariel, the Little Mermaid, and he got mad at us - I'm assuming he was a hall monitor type or something. We ended up telling him to shove it and we stayed and sang to the others. I know it was a dream because I actually sounded not terrible.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:31 am

Pre-legs Ariel or post-legs Ariel? And if it was the former, were you under the sea?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:09 pm

I honestly don't remember. It seemed as though she was walking and not like my dream cares but that would be contradictory to the whole has/doesn't have voice thing. But she did have a voice.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Well, she had legs and a voice at the end of the movie, and it would be weird for you to be hanging out with her during the plot of the movie. Unless... YOU'RE ERIC?!?!?

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Unless... YOU'RE ERIC?!?!?
I...well, Mich, I was, once upon a time. I transitioned and now go by Alea.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Oh, almost forgot. Jan was in a very strange dream I had last night. It was kind of a mash of Harry Potter, Buffy, and The Hunger Games, with a little Scarface thrown in. Anyhow, on the first day of this vampire-slaying school, after the initial melee (like the Cornucopia, but with automatic weapons) Jan, this random guy, and I teamed up. Jan was the leader and I was trying to prove I could keep up. We had decided to take out a couple vampires beyond the school grounds. I was trying to make a bow and arrow to use, but it broke and Jan was starting to get impatient with me. We were attacked and I wrested a hammer off someone, which was considered an ideal slaying weapon, so we were about to set off. But then this really weird guy came up and offered to let us take on a mission of finding two keys of cocaine that someone stole from him. We were debating which mission to take on when I woke.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:50 am

That is awesome and sounds exactly like the kind of dream I would have, so it makes sense that I would be in yours too.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”