Girly Stuff

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Re: Girly Stuff

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:08 pm

Yea...I couldn't stop smiling either.

My thoughts (even though you didn't ask for them):
one of my many concerns/insecurities is that I'm super boring... I tend to freeze up on people in person...something about being paid attention to that scares me and it's never more obvious people are paying attention than in person.
I relate to this more than I would like...
("You're not getting the chocolate chip pancakes, are you?" Um, hell yes, I am.), that was so very him, so I was pretty amused.
Who wouldn't get the chocolate chip pancakes? Honestly...
One of the coolest things about him coming to AZ was I finally, finally got to show someone things that were, in their way, important in my life.
This is why I want to take my future boy to see my grandparents' houses. And my college town. And my home in Alaska, if I end up with a different future boy than the one I want.
I had, probably, the sweetest moment I've ever had with a guy. We ended up going to the Saguaro National Park and making a very short hike up to a nice vantage point, and got to see the sunset. It was beautiful; cacti everywhere and the green shrub vegetation throughout made it look like the desert was carpeted, there were these perfect clouds that caught the light in just the right way to make them look lit up, blues and oranges and some red in the sky, and this boy I like so very much with his head in my lap, so I could play with his stubble. I don't know what it is about his face that I like so much (for these purposes) but my hand was very happy cupping his jaw or running a finger from near his ear to chin and back again.
Squee!!!
there's the teeny tiny nugget of rational person in me that thinks he is talking to me and visiting me and interested in me and who gives a s*** if it makes sense to me (it doesn't, not even a little bit), it is what it is and I should just enjoy it as much as I can.
Your rational person is very smart. But yea...definitely have been there.
I didn't want him to go or I didn't want to have to stay. He smells nice and is nice to cuddle with and talk to and just silently be around, so it sucks he has to live so far away.
SQUEEEEE!!!
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Image: Josh; I saw that, you pervert.

No, Nomi, we didn't see any lizards but we did talk about you when we were at SNP, so we thought of you, too. :mrgreen:
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Oh, my family orders chocolate chip pancakes all the time, too. Although, we tend to like non-sweet and then sweet (even for breakfast). I often order two things, and only eat some of each, but make something like chocolate chip pancakes my dessert (breakfast dessert!). My brother can eat copious amounts, so he just orders multiple dishes, including something like chocolate chip pancakes, and eats it all.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:00 pm

EEEEEEE!!! (that really does seem like the only proper response!) I'm so glad you had a great weekend!

I still can't say goodbyes without crying! Even when I dropped Will off at the airport when he was just going home for visit, I still cried.

Also, chocolate chip pancakes rule.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Yay for chocolate chip pancake fans. :mrgreen:
My thoughts (even though you didn't ask for them)
Consider them always welcome.
This is why I want to take my future boy to see my grandparents' houses. And my college town. And my home in Alaska, if I end up with a different future boy than the one I want.
You are brave. I would like to show zero/any future, serious boys my house here but...my family lives here and I have this strange urge to keep my personal life away from my family and vice versa until it is important to the boy to meet my family; then I'd suck it up and do it.

There's something a little scary to me about getting that serious with anyone but it hasn't happened yet, so I haven't had to worry about it.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:13 pm

You are brave. I would like to show zero/any future, serious boys my house here but...my family lives here and I have this strange urge to keep my personal life away from my family and vice versa until it is important to the boy to meet my family; then I'd suck it up and do it.
I usually am very much about keeping my lives separate. I mean, my family didn't know the one boy I dated at college for a month and a half even existed until one of my friends brought it up three months later. I rarely invited both school friends and church friends over for something, even though most of them knew each other and got along fine, simply because I didn't want those two parts of my life interacting. But when it comes to future boy, one I am wanting to marry, I don't want there to be separate lives. I want him to know all of the real me, and for me to feel like that can happen, I want to show him all of things and places and people that have mattered in my life. Once future boy gets elevated to future husband status, that is when he gets to meet the family. Before that upgrade, my family will be lucky to know he even exists.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:13 am

I've had a bad hair day for the past 3 days
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:33 am

It looks fine to me.
The enemy's fly is down.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Today I'm going to a hair salon in China that is called "Cut Uncut" lolol I'm immature.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:40 am

I don't want to be bothersome in the wedding thread so I'll put this here.

My dress for Adam's wedding came in today. I wanted to try it on with the shoes I'm thinking of wearing with it for the wedding but the shoes are in my trunk, which is covered with way too many books for me to feel like trying to get into it, and the bathroom mirror is out of commission while the Dirty Clothes Mountain Range is in peak, unclimbable season. (I am in the process of having to wash every last scrap of fabric/cloth in my room...it's, well, it's not fun.)

It was pretty exciting, anyway, to get it in. It makes it all feel just a bit more real.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:56 am

Yay! Can't wait to see it eventually!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:43 pm

How about a crappy view now? :)

And just because I'm in a camera-whoring mood, close-up complete with MySpace angle:

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:24 pm

pretty pretty girl :)

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Pretty!

Something about myspace angles just makes me happy. This is probably a bad thing.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Absolutely gorgeous, and i'm not just talking about the dress!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 am

Thanks for posting, Alea! Beautiful.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:28 am

Gorgeous! Love it. :)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:44 am

Nice! Love it!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:23 pm

This is a bit of a confession but yea. The scientist in me really wants to use the rhythm method of birth control. Except it's really too much work. And I don't need any sort of birth control right now anyway. How weird would it be to by a thermometer and keep track of these things just for the heck of it? I mean, I can't do it once I actually get birth control, so it's now or when I'm baby making. I don't think my curiosity can wait that long.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:27 pm

Not weird at all. Also, it's not the rhythm method, which is basically just guessing. A really good resource on this is http://www.tcoyf.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more information. It's kind of fun to know what your body's up to and can help diagnose fertility issues down the line if they crop up! Science!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Looks REALLY good, Alea!
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:01 pm

And then you get to learn about the intricacies of cervical mucus! Or so I've heard. :D

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:02 pm

And then you get to learn about the intricacies of cervical mucus! Or so I've heard. :D
And then I'll probably look at it under a microscope and really learn the intricacies. Goodness, I am a nerd.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks, all. Maybe/hopefully they'll stop in and post some in the actual wedding thread but Adam and Renee got their engagement photos back and they're gorgeous.
How weird would it be to by a thermometer and keep track of these things just for the heck of it?
To echo Ali (and to a lesser extent, Nomi), it's not weird at all. On the whole, I find it fascinating. At least a year ago, I was doing a lot of random searches on female topics and came across this woman's recounting of a month of her keeping track of all that, complete with pictures (nothing obscene). I have no plans to try it, myself, anytime soon but I wouldn't rule it out as being too weird.

Ela
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Get off my lawn!!
First Joined: 0- 9-2000

Postby Ela » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Nope. It's not weird at all. Some call it Natural Family Planning, and it's definitely not the rhythm method. I know a lot of women who have used it both to get pregnant and avoid getting pregnant. I've seen the latter (child spacing) used more in conjunction with breastfeeding, as completely breastfeeding helps to suppress ovulation. That's called the Lactational Amenorrhea Method (LAM).

A book I own about natural family planning is called Your Fertility Signals. The Couple to Couple League also has information, if you don't mind a big dose of Catholic mindset along with your information. :)
Pweb member since 2000

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:27 pm

And then I'll probably look at it under a microscope and really learn the intricacies. Goodness, I am a nerd.

Actually, for those with access to a microscope (sadly, not me), saliva ferning is another fertility sign that can be measured. I've always been curious.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:18 pm

I've been lucky enough to dodge both the yeast infection and UTI bullets in my 29 years thus far. I very much would like to continue the streak. :::knock on wood:::

I am freaking kicking myself for ever saying this.

Yesterday and today I have been experiencing what alternately feels like itching and/or bruising. I wouldn't describe it as pain. My discomfort increases or decreases depending on the position I'm in, but never fully abates. No discharge or irregular odors of any kind. And again, not painful, but uncomfortable. My period was last week, and was brief and totally normal. I did have sex the night before my symptoms first showed up, but nothing occured that leads me to believe I injured myself in any way. I'm going to give it a day or two to see if it miraculously clears up on its own, but I'm afraid I may wind up going to my doctor to get diagnosed for my first-ever yeast infection. ARGH.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:39 pm

I almost always regret opening this thread.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:55 pm

I've been lucky enough to dodge both the yeast infection and UTI bullets in my 29 years thus far. I very much would like to continue the streak. :::knock on wood:::

I am freaking kicking myself for ever saying this.

Yesterday and today I have been experiencing what alternately feels like itching and/or bruising. I wouldn't describe it as pain. My discomfort increases or decreases depending on the position I'm in, but never fully abates. No discharge or irregular odors of any kind. And again, not painful, but uncomfortable. My period was last week, and was brief and totally normal. I did have sex the night before my symptoms first showed up, but nothing occured that leads me to believe I injured myself in any way. I'm going to give it a day or two to see if it miraculously clears up on its own, but I'm afraid I may wind up going to my doctor to get diagnosed for my first-ever yeast infection. ARGH.
Eek. Good luck. Hope it miraculously clears up.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:56 pm

The good thing about yeast infections (if there is anything), is that once you have one officially diagnosed by a doctor you'll be able to self-treat in the future. Once you know what one feels like, it's hard to forget. And they usually (except in rare cases like poor Steph) respond very well to the OTC treatments. The cheaper store brands work fine and it's all about how quickly you want the treatment to be over with - 1, 3 or 7 days. I usually go for the three day one for cost sake but any of them work. I also prefer the ovules over the cream type.

Petra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Petra » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:47 am

My ex-boyfriend referred to yeast infections as "fire crotch."

He's going to be a doctor when he grows up.

I weep for humanity.
"I seem to remember that when I was younger, overly sugared brats were sent down into the basement to fend for themselves, like Lord of the Flies."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm bummed that in my new bathroom, the sink is not within reach of the toilet. This makes rinsing out my cup much more difficult. I haven't tried it yet but it's going to be potentially messy-making.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:05 pm

cup
Speaking of that...I laughed so hard at this after seeing the link on SR. (Just scroll up, since that takes it to the comments first.)

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama

Postby steph » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 pm

"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Before and after photoshop images are a guilty pleasure of mine. Tangentially related, I tried to "like" that video just now...didn't work.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”