Currently Playing (CD/MP3)

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 pm

It is in my top five favorite songs right now. I heard it at the start of the summer, and I swear I can't get enough of it.

Yes, I did, yes I did. Somebody better tell 'im who the eff I is...

And the other four are...?
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:19 pm

I can't tell you, it's shameful.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:20 pm

It is in my top five favorite songs right now. I heard it at the start of the summer, and I swear I can't get enough of it.

Yes, I did, yes I did. Somebody better tell 'im who the eff I is...

And the other four are...?

Oh my god.

Price of a song on iTunes: $.99ish
Price of High Fidelity on DVD: $7.50ish

Seeing friends play the High Fidelity Top Five list game: Priceless
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:32 pm

I can't tell you, it's shameful.
It isn't. My itunes library can out-shame anyone, I promise.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:34 pm

For Helen Elizabeth (and anyone else who's interested)

The Most Shameful Music on my iPod
(in alphabetical order by artist)

1. Blaque - "As If" (downloaded because it's played in the background of the movie Bring it On--with which I'm also unabashedly obsessed)

2. Brandy - "I Wanna Be Down"

[I refuse to be ashamed of my Britney Spears collection. Yes, I have it all]

[ditto the soundtrack for The Chipmunk Adventure]

3. Chris Cagel - "Chicks Dig It"

3. Cobra Starship - "Good Girls Go Bad (featuring Leighton Meester)" This might be a good time to mention that I think the first season of Gossip Girl is STELLAR. The second season is hit or miss and I didn't watch after that point, but season one? LOVE IT.

4. Craig David - "Fill Me In"

5. Daniel Beddingfield - "Gotta Get Through This"

6. Dashboard Confessional. I'm ashamed I have any of this at all. But there are 15 songs on my ipod. Wow.

7. Dexter Freebish. I thought I just had the one hit wonder "Leaving Town" on here. Imagine my shock to find out I've got the ENTIRE DEBUT ALBUM.

8. Diffuser - "I Wonder" I blasted the hell out of this song during all my Henry misery. Oh, geez. Crappy emo punk that references New York to the rescue!

[not ashamed of DJ's Kool's "Let Me Clear My Throat" either].

9. Donna Lewis and Richard Marx - "At The Beginning" from teh Anastasia soundtrack!

10. Driveshaft - "You All Everybody" ....Nope. Not kidding.

11. Eamon - "F*ck It" (I like top 40 One Hit Wonders, ok?)

12. Eiffel 65 - "Blue (Da Ba Dee)"

[not ashamed of Elton John or Eminem or En Vogue]

13. Emmy Rossum - "Slow Me Down"

14. Enrique Iglesias - "Escape" (just put this one on and, yup, I will still rock out to this).

15. Fergie - "London Bridge"

16. George Michael - Not ashamed of "Faith" or "Freedom" because, obviously. But a little bit ashamed of "Father Figure."

17. Go West - "King of Wishful Thinking" I am ALMOST not even ashamed of this one. Almost.

18. Goo Goo Dolls - All of it.

19. Harvey Danger - "Flagpole Sitta" I'm not ashamed of this song, so much as I'm ashamed that I impulse-bought it while drunk during a conversation of awesome songs we've all totally forgotten about. And then I played it like 15 times in a row despite the fact that everyone else was done listening to it after the 2nd time. PARANOIA PARANOIA EVERYBODY'S COMING TO GET ME.

20. Hilary Duff - Metamorphosis (entire album). Fun trivia fact: this is the last thing I ever illegally downloaded. I got caught and put in serious legal trouble the next day. As a result, all of my official paperwork and documents (which just happen to list all my illegally-downloaded transgressions in REVERSE ORDER all have Hilary Duff at the top of the list. I illegally downloaded Hilary Duff. And got caught. I dare you to out-shame that.

21. Iyaz - "Replay"

22. Ja Rule and Ashanti - "Always On Time" Yes. Really.

23. Jennifer Lopez - "Get Right"

[Refuse to be ashamed of Jewel]

24. JoJo - "Baby It's You" and "Leave (Get Out)" AND "Too Little Too Late" Sadly, the version of "Baby It's You" that I have does not include the Bow Wow rap verse. Sad, also, that I know that a remix with Bow Wow exists.

25. Jonas Brothers - "Burnin' Up"

26. Josie and the Pussy Cats - Soundtrack

27. Jsutin Bieber - "One Time" I really have no explanation for this one. Just shame.

[not ashamed of Kesha, Katy Perry, or Kelly Clarkson]

28. Leah Andreone - "It's Alright, It's Ok" Oh man. Being a teenage girl is SO HARD, guys!

29. Liz Phair - "Why Can't I?" I would not be ashamed of this if I owned any other Liz Phair at all. But I don't. I just own this one song. Like the total bandwagon ditz that I am.

30. Lucy Woodward - "Dumb Girl"

[Should I be ashamed of Ludacris? I find I'm not].

[I am NOT ashamed of Mandy Moore. Because I adore her and want her to be my sister or my cousin or my best friend. Even though I hate that she married Ryan Adams. She is the one celebrity person I am a bit too posessive of. I LOVE HER. I will not be ashamed of ANY of the Mandy Moore on my ipod. Not even "Candy." Yeah...."Candy."]

31. Mariah Carey, but I'm back and forth about it. Trivia time! Musicbox was my first cd (along with Janet Jackson's Janet. Bought them both at the North Shore mall. My dad was NOT happy when he saw the cover of Janet). I am not ashamed of "Always Be My Baby" because that song is amazing and freaking timeless and there is no song that will get a carload of girls singing faster than that one, fact. I might be a little ashamed of "We Belong Together" and "Shake it Off" and "Heartbreaker" though.

32. Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Someone Like You (album). I used to blast "Girl Like That" over and over and over again. My FAVORITE part was the end of the second verse, the line about "I give in to the alcohol" not because binge-drinking is cool, but because the melody changes there and my music-theory loving little heart can't get enough of it.

[M.C. Hammer and Meatloaf aren't shameful, they're classics. Also, Michael Jackson. Duh].

33. Miley Cyrus. I was just about to defend myself for "Party in the USA" because hello, cardigans are PERFECT travel-wear and need to be sung about more often, but then I realized I also have "See You Again" and the shame is just overwhelming.

34. Montgomery Gentry - "Hell Yeah"

35. Murphy Lee - "Wat Da Hook Gon Be?" He couldn't even spell all the words in the title correctly. And yet...and yet...I will dance. And probably know all the words. These things happen.

36. My Chemical Romance - "Helena"

37. Mysto & Pizzi - Somebody's Watching Me (cover) Yeah. From the Geico commercial. Why do I own this?!?

38. N'Sync - N'Sync (album). I'm sorry. (I also sort of wish I had the Celebrity album. When I first moved to New York I just had a discman, not an iPod, and my roomate had this cd. I used to borrow it and listen to it on the subway and in Central Park, while waiting to meet up with Henry at the Hungarian Pastry shop. Ah, memories).

39. Natalie Imbruglia - "Wishing I Was There" I haaaaaaaaated her big single "Torn" but I loved this song. Makes me think of my high school parking lot in the spring.

40. Natasha Beddingfield - "Unwritten" AKA The theme song for The Hills (which I also LOVED. Lauren Conrad needs to be my friend immediately. I'm sorry, I usually hate reality tv, because it's mostly just Pretty People Having Problems as my friend says, but I was working full time as a nanny and had nothing to do all day while the baby slept, and Henry and I had broken up and I thought my life was OVER and MTV used to marathon this s*** and Lauren makes the BEST facial expressions on EARTH and I am not even lying, the first episode season two of The Hills where she drives to give Jason back his stuff after they broke up--in conjunction with the first episode of the final season of Gilmore Girls where Lorelai compares being in a relationship with Luke to being dragged along by a car and hitting potholes, which aired like, the same week--helped me not totally die of misery in the horrible post-Henry months. So yes, shame, but I don't even care).

41. Nelly & Christina Aguilera - "Tilt Ya Head Back"

42. Nelly & N'Sync - "Girlfriend"

43. Nicki French - "Total Eclipse of the Heart (cover)" Wow, this is bad.

44. Orianthi - "According to You" this just basically boils down to the fact that I cannot resist a free download off iTunes.

45. Owl City - "Fireflies" Possibly the most annoying song on earth, and yet I own it. Another free download. Catchy as all hell in the worst way.

46. Panic! At The Disco - "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" It's like the poor man's Fall Out Boy.

47. Puddle of Mudd - "She Hates Me" Remember how hilarious this song is? Still doesn't excuse the fact that I apparently own the entire album...

48. R. Kelly - "Ignition (Remix) The summer my best friend and I worked at a summer camp (she was the music teacher, I was the drama teacher) we were in charge of the camp-wide talent show. One of the groups rewrote the lyrics to this song for their performance. We had run rehearsals of the dress rehearsal pretty much all day every summer (maybe someday I'll list out my playlist of all the talent show songs so you can understand how surreal and bizarre and painful this summer was). But this song in particular was ALWAYS in my head. Just....with the camp lyrics. For example "Don't be movin' your body / or else the boat will be tippin / sippin' on juice and punch / we're so hungry for lunch / at the day camp we can't / be havin' any more fun" Yeah.

49. Rod Stewart - "If You Want My Body" Yet again, why do I own this?!

50. Shawn Mullins - "Lullabye" Hahaha, you forgot this song ever even existed, didn't you?

51. A Simple Plan - "I'm Just a Kid" and life is a nightmare, we know, we know.

52. Snoop Dog - "Drop it Like it's Hot"

53. T.I - "Live Your Life featuring Rihanna" I love this song. Anything where Rihanna sings the hook is pretty much a win with me.

54. Tenacious D - "Tribute to the Best Song in the World" also "My biznitch is the Schiznit" and "f*** Her Gently"

55. Uncle Kracker - "Follow Me"

56. Utada Hikaru - "Sanctuary" and "Simple and Clean" AKA the theme songs for Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.

57. Wheatus - "Teenage Dirtbag" saw them play live my freshman year of college for, like, $20. Left after this song, along with everyone else is the room. Because after this song is over, why would you stay?

58. Yellowcard - "Ocean Avenue" I loooooooooooooooooooved this song. Played it all the time at like 4 in the morning while on AIM with my best friend Dan. We were in love and in denial about it. Yet again, young adulthood is such a blasy.

59. 3LW - "I'm-a Do Right" This, again, is an example of how bizarre things can take utter posession of me. This girls were, like, 12. I remember the music video distinctly. I played this song a lot. A lot a lot.

I'm sure there's more. This doesn't even include any of my musical soundtracks or movie soundtracks (Titanic AND Back to the Titanic. Hell yes). I am also secure in my street cred. The rest of music collection is pretty awesome. But I bet it I go home and look through my computer I'll find more shameful gems...
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:31 pm

18. Goo Goo Dolls - All of it.

19. Harvey Danger - "Flagpole Sitta" PARANOIA PARANOIA EVERYBODY'S COMING TO GET ME.
What's wrong with the Goo Goo Dolls? And "Flagpole Sitta" is so much fun to sing along to!

[I am NOT ashamed of Mandy Moore. Because I adore her and want her to be my sister or my cousin or my best friend."]
Have you seen her in the movie Saved? She can really act!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Oh man... I was going to quote and respond to a lot of them, but then realized that i'm responding to almost everything...

I really think I have a WAY worse music collection then you! Almost every other song or artist on your list I had a "I want to hear that!" reaction. I have a lot of country that I know most people would be ashamed of, but I grew up listening to it and it's basically the soundtrack to my childhood.

Also.. I have a TON of Disney/musicals that I refuse to be ashamed of, because I will rock out (when alone) to all of them!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Your list is not shameful.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Your list is not shameful.
Exactly. I don't own all that music -though I do own a rather large percentage of it- but I wouldn't be ashamed to admit to listening to any of that.

ETA: I can't think of anything I listen to that I'm well and truly ashamed of.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:25 pm

I think a lot of the "shame" is baggage. I can't post in that other thread Nomi created, about music that reminds you of certain people, because 1. I would never, ever be finished posting in there, and 2. a lot of that posting would be painful. Music is one of my major coping mechanisms and cover-ups. A lot of those songs remind me of the person I was/things that I did during the phase of my life in which I was listening to them. Sometimes, that phase is embarrassing (Nomi, that's mostly the deal with the Goo Good Dolls. Oy). Or just painful.

Other things I just know my friends will and do flat out laugh at me if and when they pop up. I'm endearingly ashamed of these songs. I wouldn't have listed them out if I was legitimately upset about any of them. :D
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:27 pm

At somepoint I'll reveal my music collection to you guys, but for now, let's just say that I have NO indie cred.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Re: Currently Playing (CD/MP3)

Postby Young Val » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:20 am

Perfect, crisp fall Friday morning. I only have to work until 2:30 and then David is whisking me up north to the cabin, which we have all to ourselves this weekend. We will go to a cranberry festival on Saturday and tour the marshes and eat cranberry pancakes and apple cider and I will enter my cranberry orange ricotta muffins into the baking contest. The sun is golden and filtering through the clouds and trees in an early morning way, and I have my denim jacket on over my dress and a pashmina scarf and the fingerless gloves my mother knit for me last winter, and I climb on the bus and sit with the sun in my face and listen to Caroline Smith & the Goodnight Sleeps' new album Little Wind for the first time. And smile and cry the whole ride in because everything is just so wonderful.

In particular ";;;" slays me. Yes, that is the title of the song. No, I don't know how to pronounce it or what it means.

maybe they'll stop running into you / as long as you refuse to move / you don't care / you don't care / just keep workin' it out [...] in giving you the strongest bones of all of them / I'm only asking you to send her a lover, her a lover / so she'll keep workin' it / just keep work, workin' it / just keep workin' it out / [...] cause you've got all of the right things / yeah that's what you've got

:love:
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Noodle
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pastamancer Tony
First Joined: 06 Feb 1916

Postby Noodle » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:52 pm

I've been on a Beatles kick again recently. Every few months I just can't get enough of them, so I listen to all their albums, back to back, for about a week. Then I return to normal.
Co-Founder of the Canadian Alliance

I'm known as Tony on the internet.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Not my favorite version since it's not by the original (brilliant) artist but rather an aspiring amateur, but the video's poems/snippets of text make it worthwhile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKOkfhr-oXU
Discord ID: AJ#0001

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:51 pm

I burned a CD of the soundtrack to the original Command & Conquer today for my car and listened to it on my way to work. I had forgotten how awesome Frank K's music was until I started playing C&C again recently.
The enemy's fly is down.

OSCjunkie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby OSCjunkie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Got 2 playlists loaded on the iPod: "Indie"- TATE, Cold War Kids, Arcade Fire, The National etc. AND "Diva"- Adele, Florence+the Machine, A Fine Frenzy.

Currently got the new Florence CD playing on repeat. Over and over. It is way better than the new Coldplay.
"I aim to misbehave."- Mal, Serenity.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Strange comment to follow but if Bruno Mars' voice was a person unto itself and not the voice of a person, I would marry it because I love it. Some of his lyrics/songs may be stupider than sin but I will listen anyway because they sound so damn good.

"It Will Rain" = vocal perfection. There's no level of talent there that's new, probably more talented folk out there, but it's the way he wields his voice...so much conviction.

I also love Patrick Stump (of Fall Out Boy)'s song "This City." It is a little weak, lyrically and production-wise, but he's another guy who has a voice that he's not afraid to use and I especially love the part where he sings about it being "downright stupid hot." *fans self* Uh, yes. Yes, it is.

I cannot get enough of Breathe Carolina's "Blackout." I can't quite work out what it's talking about but whatever. Great song.

Lastly, I'm a late fan of the "Pumped Up Kicks" song and knowing it's about gun violence makes it a bit...cooler, I guess, to me; the lyrical and musical dichotomy does it. It sounds so laid back and almost 50s slick and then you hear what they're saying.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:20 am

Now I have to go listen to those songs because I've never heard any of them. Yes, I am very uncool.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:34 am

We Found Love (featuring Calvin Harris) by Rihanna
Skyscraper by Demi Lovato

but mostly, mostly, mostly

Ass Back Home (featuring Neon Hitch) by Gym Class Heroes. Because the chorus and the bridge make me want to dance like whoa.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:49 pm

This isn't actually what I'm currently playing, more simply related to music, but does anyone else have like songs for different occasions?
Or, kinda like background music for different situations?
If so, I'm curious about what those songs are - and how they're used.

For example, I have this Kid Cudi song I listen to after I wake up in the morning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVBfpUQur0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Makes me feel good. Sets a good mood for the day.

I have this song Home for the Holidays I play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCqU8AeehO0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...whenever I'm going home for the holidays. (In fact, I post it on my siblings Facebook as a signal that I'm coming home soon)

Out of my Head by Lupe Fiasco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBnWYJaF59M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I play whenever I can't stop thinking about a girl.

Various work out songs that specifically pump me up, or relate to working out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDmcPsPKkiU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEkoqCz8KQU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rush by Talib Kweli, which I play when I'm rushing to class, almost late.
Which was like everyday. I think it also makes my step fasters to match the beat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gydBx-rGBdo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Resurrection by Lupe Fiasco, for whenever I feel like I need to recover or rise up from something that would get me down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvN4DCfJ2U4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Various other inspirational songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIdUG8TUTN0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Success songs. Songs of triumph. Or domination.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEIxTGtFdmQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest additions:
Celebration song, whenever surrounded by friends and family
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8efjQGCfClc&ob=av2e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Finally found my christmas song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-qX_M_FMJI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm assuming other people do this. I'm just really curious about what songs other people identify with as a soundtrack to different points in their life.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 am

If I Could Turn Back Time by Cher.

THANK YOU IPOD SHUFFLE. This song is freaking AWESOME. I don't even care!

ETA: Posted before the song was over. I FORGOT ABOUT THE KEY CHANGE. YESSSSSSSS!
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Dr. Mobius » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:37 pm

I've been playing The Crystal Method's Legion of Boom in my car for the past few weeks.
The enemy's fly is down.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:52 pm

The enemy's fly is down.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:15 am

Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know (featuring Kimbra)

This goes on the Spring 2012 playlist for sure.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 am

I'm finally playing Fallout 3...
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know (featuring Kimbra)

This goes on the Spring 2012 playlist for sure.
I have heard this song so many times on the radio by now that I'm kind of amazed that I'm not utterly sick of it.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtl8K0kO4P4&feature=fvst" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aaaaaaaaaaand Walk Off The Earth's cover of "Somebody That I Used to Know" is freaking brilliant. Five people playing one guitar. AND it's available on iTunes. I love covers so much.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtl8K0kO4P4&feature=fvst

Aaaaaaaaaaand Walk Off The Earth's cover of "Somebody That I Used to Know" is freaking brilliant. Five people playing one guitar. AND it's available on iTunes. I love covers so much.
Oh man, we all fell in love with that a couple months ago, watched it over and over. It's awesome stuff, right?
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:19 am

Yeah, I am shamefully behind on all things musical.

Still, better late than never!

:love:
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:09 am

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson
Wild Ones by Flo Rida featuring Sia
How We Do (Party) by Rita Ora
Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
Good Intent by Kimbra
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Some Nights by Fun.

Um, this is a great song. Especially while driving down the highway with the windows down and the volume up. It's much like Solsbury Hill in that way. In fact, now I'm compelled to make a playlist specifically for this purpose. (I'd made one YEARS ago, back when I was still burning cds for my car all the time. No idea where it is now or what was on it, though).
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:54 pm

I have had that song on repeat for the past week, I love it! It's absolutely a driving with the windows down song. I just wish it was sunny to fully enjoy.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 am

I don't particularly care for this song but I was tricked into watching the video and that was surprisingly moving. It's like all those movies I don't want to watch or watch again if I've already seen it because it's one of those sad facts of life.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:22 am

Satellite by Lelia Broussard is pretty amazing.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:44 pm

I have a nice relaxing mix of Jamie Cullum, Eric Hutchinson and The Gabe Dixon Band playing this evening while the rain falls.

*sigh* Happiness.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Return to “Milagre Town Square”