All I have to do is dream...

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 pm

You'll note, in the initial apology she expressed no sorrow about planning to kidnap your children. I'd be wary of any future visits.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Is it bad that I actually feel kinda bad, even though conscious, independent EL did nothing?

Sorry, Jan. :(
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Oh man, I totally had a P-Web dream last night! The details, as usual, were fuzzy, but I was on some kind of vacation on some kind of island or peninsula or something, and the weather was really nice, and I somehow got caught up in this kind of triathlon/bicycle thing with our favorite duck/tiger couple. That's about all I remember, but, you know. P-Web!
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:14 pm

The other night, I had a dream that v-girl was diagnosing some illness I had. We were in a real doctor's examining room and everything. I really miss her. :(
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:29 am

I had a pweb dream last night! Lots of pwebbers were there, although most of you just had cameos. Except Kelly, of course, because most of my pweb dreams involve her. Also, I spent a good bit of time running with one male/one female pwebber whose names I do not remember. Not even sure if they were real pwebbers or just people I knew in my dream were pwebbers. Because there were a lot of us, and I'm pretty sure that a lot of them were fake dream pwebbers.

Anyhow, we were at some type of picnic. And there was a race. We were in some type of hill/mountain place. And I was running with Kelly for awhile. Only, it wasn't a really competitive race, people were walking now and then, talking, laughing, etc. And, here's the piece that took center stage, Durp was there. Only, he wasn't a real cat. He was a cat statue, made out of some kind of pretty green rock, that rolled around and followed me everywhere. And he had this really, really long extension cord trailing him everywhere. (At some point in the dream, either Kelly or David offered to show me a picture of David's grandmother's cat, after whom Durp was apparently named.) So, anyhow, we get to the finish of the race, and some people are done, and I'm pretty pleased not to be dead last, and I lose sight of Kelly, and I'm kind of mingling, when some really exhausted person shows up and asks whether the race is two laps or three. And everyone tells her "three." And I realize I had only run two, and that's where Kelly is. So, I start running to try to catch up with everyone, which is when I end up spending time with two other pwebbers. But then we are running along this street, and the race course goes up this sidewalk with a railing. There's a restaurant, and two fat guys eating taco salads, and they are in everyone's way. The other two people get past them, but they're taking their sweet time moving for me, and I'm frustrated as I'm coming up on them quickly, and then Durp's extension cord trips me yet again, and I get really pissed. So, I pick Durp up and fling him over the railing. Seeing my rage apparently gets the taco-salad eaters moving quickly, and I pass them by. I feel some remorse for being so callous towards the Durp-bot, and so I look around, but he's gone. So, I keep running. I catch up with the other two, and we come in not last in the race, but not as close to the middle as I would've liked. Anyhow, Durp's there and none the worse for wear, and then we're just pwebbing and picnicking, and it's quite nice.

I assume the dream is all about my trouble catching up with things in life and at work. But it was a rather nice way for my subconscious to go about it.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:29 am

Yet another dream about vacationing with pwebbers, again, with lots of cameo appearances by various pwebbers. This one also involved a race. However, it was a much less friendly dream, overall. Surprisingly, Kelly was not a major player in this dream. Jan got the starring role instead. With Mich and Ali as co-stars.

So, a bunch of pwebbers are all hanging out together and spending a month or so living in this old building by a lake. And, I forget exactly what was going on, but somehow we were going to have a race that involved swimming out to these various islands to determine who got to have the best room in the house. And I was training, and I was just enjoying daily swimming and stuff, and I went back to the house and talked to Jan about this island I had found. It was variously known as Glass Island and Haven Island. And it's one of the nicer islands in the middle of this lake, because there's one island that's full of cheetahs and tigers, and others that have spiders and snakes, and I'm telling her that this one seems pretty safe and just a nice place to swim or boat to. Well, Jan tells me she knows it, and that Ali got bit by two really nasty poisonous black snakes out there one time. So, all of a sudden, I become scared to swim anywhere, anymore, and I'm still planning to race, but I'm not really training. Then it occurs to me to go talk to Ali, and it turns out that Jan had been lying about the snake bites and had just wanted to scare me so I'd quit training and her team would have a better shot at winning. Well, this pisses me off something mightily. Anyhow, I start training again, and race day comes, and it's who can make it out to the island and back to the house and touch one of two old black chairs in the dining room first. Anyhow, Mich and I are just about neck and neck, and I reach the dining room and can't remember which chair to touch so I make this huge flying leap, land on my face with my arms stretched out touching both chairs. So, yay! My team wins, and I personally win the room of my choice. But I'm too mad to enjoy it, so I confront Jan about what happened, and she's really apologetic, and obviously sincere, but I can't seem to get over it, so I spend at least the next day in my nice new room, sulking away, while everyone else is having a good time and I'm feeling all left out and cranky. I woke up about then. I really hope that I was able to move on and join everybody at some point on the vacation; it's really too bad, as I normally do not hold grudges and it's not like she made me lose the race.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:37 am

Oh geez, I have enough trouble with lake swimming without worrying about snake bites! I'm glad you won. :D
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:02 am

Kirsten,

Your dreams amaze me! I'm please to be such a prominent figure in your sleeping life!

Also, I've very sorry the robot version of our cat kept tripping you.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm always the loser in dream races! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 am

Featured Pwebber (that I remember): Jan with special guest appearance by a bearded Caspian

We were having a PwebCon somewhere on the ocean-front and with a lot of boulders that were used as mural space (lots of Disney stuff was painted on them, for some reason). Originally, it was Jan and a few people I know in meatspace and actually don't mind, so it was an alright time, with other Pwebbers trickling in to join the festivities but then more meatspace people I don't like kept creeping in and I was trying to take pictures of things but it got really out of hand and spread out, to the point where I felt lost and out of control.

I think Jan felt bad because she tried to draw me into conversation, to bring me back into the fold, but I just couldn't muster up the energy. I was overwhelmed and nothing was going to fix that but being alone/bottled up and trying again later with a smaller group. At that point, Caspian was also trying to calmly talk to me to try to help relax me but it was all wasted effort. I smiled as best I could and then turned to the murals and stared for a bit.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri May 27, 2011 12:30 am

I'm always the loser in dream races! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Hey, at least you get to be in dream races!
The enemy's fly is down.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:16 am

Featured members: Everyone! But Neo is the only one I can remember.

It's been too long since I woke up to remember most of it, but there was something wrong with P-Web and we needed to emergency move it to the new fresh site that we've kind of been almost working on, right? So we all were meeting in this park (and talking about this new movie called The Time Traveler's Wife that was actually really cool and adventure-y, more in line with the remake of The Time Machine than a dumb romance novel) and for some reason I guess the new server was Neo's and he was being a jerk about if we could use it.

Oh, and Neo was a hugely fat white guy. So take that how you will.

Row--row.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 pm

I knew he was just pretending to be a thin black guy!
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:00 pm

It being nearly 9PM, it's entirely too late for me to have any grasp on the majority of the details of my dream last night and I was much too excited this morning to get to work (no, really), so I didn't retain the details that well even then. But, I do remember that Mich, zero, and Edward Norton were in my dream and the first two were planning a road trip to the southwest.

It was fun, I know that much but I am a little surprised Brat Pitt didn't join in if that's where my brain was going with the Edward Norton detail.
So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Maybe we were Edward Norton.

Yeah. I said it.

Row--row.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 am

We all know that only one of you can be Narrator.

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:22 am

Featured Pwebber: Kelly, or Kelly via Kelly's stationary

Pweb wedding fever has hit my brain, apparently. I had a dream I was at work (not the library and not in AZ...good sign or typical dream world stuff?) and received a card from Kelly. It was, but wasn't, an invitation to her wedding. More like, it was an offer to be "employed" for her wedding and I was extremely honored and touched that she wanted me to help her with some of the artsy stuff but I felt woefully not up to the task and told her I'd certainly try, for free, whatever she wanted but please don't spend a dime on my sub-par skills. I woke up in the middle of showing her whatever it was I was trying to do.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:41 am

Featured Pwebber: Kelly, or Kelly via Kelly's stationary

Pweb wedding fever has hit my brain, apparently. I had a dream I was at work (not the library and not in AZ...good sign or typical dream world stuff?) and received a card from Kelly. It was, but wasn't, an invitation to her wedding. More like, it was an offer to be "employed" for her wedding and I was extremely honored and touched that she wanted me to help her with some of the artsy stuff but I felt woefully not up to the task and told her I'd certainly try, for free, whatever she wanted but please don't spend a dime on my sub-par skills. I woke up in the middle of showing her whatever it was I was trying to do.

I will pay you in baked goods if you come help me with the crafty stuff and forbid anyone to say anything negative about them in my presence.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:26 pm

I won't hold you to that but, on my end, quite seriously, if you want help, from here or there, consider it done.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:26 am

I won't hold you to that but, on my end, quite seriously, if you want help, from here or there, consider it done.
If there is anything you can think of that I can do from here, I would also be more than happy to help.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:26 pm

about a week or so ago I had a vivid dream involving Alea, and I think a major train station, could have been in Europe. I think we were trying to meet up to catch a train to something, or we were running from Soviet Agents, not sure. I don't remember much about it now but I meant to post immediately about it. Only to look at my clock and realize I had slept in.

Apparently Alea had had enough of my self imposed absence and decided that the only recourse was to storm my dreams to effectively cast *summon locke*
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Clearly I'm a magical creature who can go past IM/PM/phones to defy mental barriers and start harassing you all in your dreams.

Keep this in mind next time you think of leaving Pweb for long.

:twisted:

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:17 am

about a week or so ago I had a vivid dream involving Alea, and I think a major train station, could have been in Europe. I think we were trying to meet up to catch a train to something, or we were running from Soviet Agents, not sure. I don't remember much about it now but I meant to post immediately about it. Only to look at my clock and realize I had slept in.

Apparently Alea had had enough of my self imposed absence and decided that the only recourse was to storm my dreams to effectively cast *summon locke*
Aww, man, I should have stayed away for longer, I want a Ramona-eque* Alea in my dreams.

*please get this reference, people
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:23 am

Aww, man, I should have stayed away for longer, I want a Ramona-eque* Alea in my dreams.

*please get this reference, people
Clearly Alea uses our dreams to take shortcuts and to, in general, be a pain.

*please tell me I didn't get the wrong reference.

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 pm

Oooooh, that Ramona. I was thinking of the "and Beezus" one and not doing so well.

I can be that Ramona. 8)

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 pm

I might have had a dream with Syphon in it.
Can't be sure since I don't really remember any details about the dream, but I remember Syphon. In what way I remember Syphon, I can't remember.

I can only guess we were having an epic lawyer battle.
I was probably wielding the gavel like Thor; he may have been using law-sorcery like "objection" and "sidebar".
...I really don't know.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:07 pm

Syphon uses Rule 11 sanctions.

It was super effective.

Cezen fainted.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:34 pm

CezeN struggles awake and uses Strike That.

Time is rewound.

CezeN bangs Syphon over the head with the gravel chanting "Order!Order!"

Order is restored to the courtroom and this thread.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 am

And thus sums up my knowledge of courtroom proceedings.

Okay, enough silly pictures for one day.

Row--row.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:36 am

All I know about courtroom proceedings is to go with the Chewbacca Defense if you're in a jam.

Seriously. Tell me one case where an attorney used the Chewbacca Defense and didn't win. You can't!

See? I'm right. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must agree with me!
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Syphon the Sun » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 am

All I know about courtroom proceedings is to go with the Chewbacca Defense if you're in a jam.

Sweet, sweet victory.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:50 am

So, last night my dream had a guest appearance from Steph and her family!

It was a really long dream about Will bringing me to Paris to find this really rare wine (neither of us even drink wine...) and for some reason we ended up finding this candy bar like thing that we though would be perfect for Steph's family to give out for Halloween. The candy was some sort of zombie finger chocolate thing and in my dream they were all going as zombies.

It all happened really fast though because the hotel we were staying at was on fire, and I kept panicking that we had to go, and Will just kept telling me "no, we have time, it's not even warm in here yet, lets find more candy!".
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:13 pm

So, last night my dream had a guest appearance from Steph and her family!

It was a really long dream about Will bringing me to Paris to find this really rare wine (neither of us even drink wine...) and for some reason we ended up finding this candy bar like thing that we though would be perfect for Steph's family to give out for Halloween. The candy was some sort of zombie finger chocolate thing and in my dream they were all going as zombies.

It all happened really fast though because the hotel we were staying at was on fire, and I kept panicking that we had to go, and Will just kept telling me "no, we have time, it's not even warm in here yet, lets find more candy!".
<3

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:46 am

Pweb was in my dream last night. I don't really remember much, but it was just like the board except it was "meatspace" (as Alea says) instead of on my computer screen.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:30 pm

So, my Twinny was in my dream last night.

I have this reoccurring dream about how you get into Canada. In my dream world you have to go to this HUGE city that has a lot of bridges and glass buildings where you have to board a boat that will take you across the "boarder". The boarder is this huge waterfall that the boat will take you down (is a super scary boat ride!) and at the bottom is Canada.

Anyways, Alea was supposed to be here and I remember waiting around for her to arrive (no clue why I wasn't picking her up or anything). Turns out, she never shows because she wanted to go to my Canada boarder city to take photos of the glass buildings and such.

I remember worrying because sometimes you can accidentally wander onto the boat and then there is no way off, and you HAVE to go to Canada, and it's really hard to get back.

Then I woke up, and I had a head ache. I was so worried about her in my dream that I was clenching my jaw, which gave me a head ache.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”