Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:22 am

Dear You,

I'm not altogether surprised by your actions. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little hurt, but I'm not going to act as though you've done that on purpose. But I'm really concerned for you right now. You just made the decision to commit your life to another person. Anyone else would be bursting at the seams with excitement over something like that. You, on the other hand, have actively avoided telling anyone, including your closest friends. I can't help but think that if you're embarrassed/afraid to tell your friends about a major life decision you're making, you've got a pretty good feeling in your gut that what you're doing is a mistake. That's just me, though.

I just wish you'd actually talk to me.

--Me
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Dear Public,

People who are in the public service sector (retail, restaurant, libraries, etc) are not the following:

* Your maid and/or slave
* Your child/children's babysitter
* Your therapist
* Your verbal punching bag

You should learn how to do the following:

* Be respectful
* Be reasonable
* Be patient
* (And if all else fails...) Control your stupidity

Thaaaaanks.

Sincerely,
Me
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:16 am

Dear you all,

Thanks for all the nomi love of late. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. *hugs*!

love,
me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Mitchi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mitchi » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Dear you,

I love you, every part of your incredible mind. All your strength and imagination are why I fell for you. As such, this is why I love your V:tM characters, all of them. They are all you, just facets of the jewel that is you. I don't love them more than you, no matter how much I fangirl over them. It's still you.

sincerely, your hopeless roleplayer sweetheart.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:43 am

Dear you,

I miss you and talking. It makes me sad.

Ali
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:25 am

Dear you,

I miss you and talking. It makes me sad.

Al(ea)

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Dear Yous,

I am not being stingy with my recipes, I swear. I've had requests for naan, pita, and macaron recipes and I promise to put them up this weekend! Most of my pwebbing is done at work, where I don't have access to my little recipe collection. Things have been hectic for the last few weeks (the holiday chaos never really died down for us, just transformed) and I've barely had a moment to think clearly, but this weekend I have lots of free time to myself and solemnly promise to make good on those recipes!

Many thanks for your patience!

much love,
Kel
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Dear you,

That sucks. But it does happen sometimes. It's not a value judgment of you. Once I dragged my husband with me to my therapist (which was not easy to do) on a special Saturday appointment, drove the 40 minutes there, and she was a no show. She totally flaked. That was HER fault and a reflection on her professionalism. Nothing to do with me.

I'm so sorry it happened to you, though. It must have been a mix up and you should give them a bit of a hard time (assuming it was definitely their fault). Please don't give up. You are worth the effort. Keep trying until it works like it's supposed to. Please?

love,
me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Dear you,
I'm so sorry it happened to you, though. It must have been a mix up and you should give them a bit of a hard time (assuming it was definitely their fault). Please don't give up. You are worth the effort. Keep trying until it works like it's supposed to. Please?

love,
me
That. I love you. Keep Defying Gravity, ok?

love,
Steph
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:48 pm

dear same person:

stop being so hard on yourself. from all accounts you are a pretty wonderful person.... can't get that from people unless they think you're worth a damn.

me.
Ubernaustrum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Dear Yous,

I, er, well, no, I won't actually give up on it but thank you for the support. I'm simply tired of all the little things piling up on me and I have just about zero coping skills, apparently. I called my lawyer last week, too, and nothing so far. Very frustrating.

The brunt of the frustration yesterday, though -I'm much ashamed to say- was so tied up in boys that I want to slap myself. First, it was one IMing me a few weeks ago, telling me how they missed me and wished that I weren't a stranger and I got to believing that hey, maybe they really did want to be around, only to have them disappear pretty much entirely right after that exchange. What the hell? If they're going to be gone, just stay gone because making me think they give a s*** enough to try being there and then acting as though I don't exist doesn't feel good.

Then, it occurred to me on my walk up to the office that I was so busy being jealous about something the other told me that it never occurred to me that he was also telling me, "Hi, when things like this happen in my life, I have no problem dropping you because you rank about here *hold hand low* in comparison to this other stuff." I mean, he was too distracted/preoccupied to really deal with me for about a month, which is the longest he's ever done that to me; what if things did/do work out with this girl? That is one more person I'm losing to a relationship. Which, like I said before, may very well be a blessing in disguise but to be fair, it'd be hard for anyone to adjust to losing someone who has more or less been ranked as one of their best friends for years.

I was ready, so, so, so ready to tell all this to someone who doesn't know anything about this place, who could more objectively tell me I'm making bad choices or what have you.

I was ready to talk about work and my mom (and her boyfriend) and all these little things that truthfully aren't as bad as I tend to think they are, but don't know how to handle. And that's just it; I don't think I'm being hard on myself or downplaying anything in my life (something first boy up there seems to think I do), I think just the opposite.

I used to scoff at the idea of celebrities going to rehab for things like exhaustion but emotionally, I'm just about at my breaking point, so I'm starting to get it. Someone told me a few times they wish they could see what I was like in high school and we're getting scarily close to that again, which is Not Good. All this extra bitterness and pessimism and emo-ness I've been spewing all over the board, which I hate and regret as soon as I've posted/thought it, is the least of my worries if we get back to that.

Annnyway. Now that that little overshare is over with...

-Alea

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:12 am

Dear You,

Good creative thinking on a hot water bottle substitute!

Dear You,

Why aren't you online so I can complain about Doob?

Dear You,

I miss you and your kitties.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Nehali Sophia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nehali Sophia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Dear You,

Good creative thinking on a hot water bottle substitute!
What's the hot water bottle substitute? I'm really curious!
The wonder that keeps the stars apart

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Well, it sort of failed. But I used a metal travel mug. It heated up enough to help my shoulder! However, it didn't like the pressure from the boiled water and so I had to balance it carefully because I had to leave the top partly open. It tipped over at one point, but I didn't get anything on me, so I guess it was mostly a success?

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 pm

what we found really works is taking a little fabric and sewing it into a small pillow, filling it with a bag of rice and then popping that in the microwave for like 5 minutes.

retains its heat for a very very long time and can be shifted into any position a pillow can. works great. try it. also nice for warming a bed or when you're cold. we made like 4 of them.

i suppose for quick like, you could take a pillowcase and put the rice in that and then tie it though... not as nice, but would work. and only cost the price of a bag of rice.
Ubernaustrum

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:53 am

Didn't Kelly talk about filling a sock with rice as a substitute years and years ago? Or was it someone else?
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:59 am

It was totally me! The window in my bedroom broke in the middle of winter and the landlord wouldn't fix it! I taped a garbage bag over it and made a million of those rice/sock heating pads and microwaved 'em all before taking them into bed with me! Ugh, horrible memories!
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:15 am

A sock sounds more doable since our sewing capabilities are limited right now. Do you just pour the rice right into the sock, or what? Can I use cheap minute or parboiled rice, or do I need to use proper rice?

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:57 am

as long as you don't think the rice will fall through the fabric of the sock then you won't need any liner or something so just dump the rice right in. and i don't know about the minute rice... not sure why anyone would use it for anything in the first place. but i would think it will work fine since you're not subjecting it to anything wet. should retain the heat like regular rice.

if its for your shoulder you might want a big enough sock and just enough rice in that it will drape over your shoulder so you don't have to hold it the entire time but still be as full of rice as possible.
Ubernaustrum

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Dear All of Pweb,

Where the heck are you?!? Why are you making me post things again?

steph

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Where the heck are you?!?
I don't handle apparent apathy well. Trying to pour posts into this place and watching them completely and utterly fail at sparking anything produced just about the same results as doing nothing for a week, so if it's all the same, I'm going to go find things to do away from the computer and save myself the frustration and mental exhaustion.
And every time I get pushed to that point, I feel less bad about my silence and happier with my time away. There are some other factors involved with this, as well, but for the purpose of discussion, we'll strike those as being irrelevent.

There has also been some frustration with the way people have been responding/helping/otherwise with new-Pweb, or not, as the case may be. Even Josh, who loves to mention in every other post his lovely new admin powers, given for no reason I can currently discern, and the new way he's thought about abusing them this time hasn't helped outside of creating new forums to talk about things, wherein a lot of other people say they don't care, one way or the other. If it's not that, they're saying they don't like something or disapprove of it without pointing to a place or example where we might get the information we need, to fix whatever. That has happened offboard more than on, actually. At this point, I feel like buying Wil a pizza or something for his efforts but otherwise saying to hell with this. All this indifference means no one will care if things stay exactly as they are and I'll have more free time.

TL;DR -> I'm learning the fine art of apathy, one week at a time and it's pretty nice, actually. :)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:04 pm

*uncomfortably looks up* haha, oh, Alea...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear You,

I am bestowing upon you the great honor of revoking my Daria Fan title because that quote I was thinking of, the one that I knew the gist of but couldn't place? It hit me smack dab in the middle of my shower where it was from, season and episode, and who said it.

"We tell you over and over again that you're wonderful and you just don't get it. What's wrong with you?! "

I am so utterly mortified I didn't know that last night/this morning.

-DariaMsSSW

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:51 am

Dear you,

The one thing that I still want, but don't expect, from you is an acknowledgment and apology for what you did to me. Of course, this would only mean anything if it was done in writing or in front of your wife because otherwise you would deny it later. You damaged me physically, mentally and emotionally and I will never be the same.

You may be scarred too but I honestly don't care because you brought it on yourself. Your scarring is a result of your childhood and your own monstrous actions.

I went into the situation with completely pure motives. Before you moved here, your brother had moved here and I was friends with him. It was a normal, healthy friendship that cousins should have. I had no reason to prepare myself for anything different when you arrived. Especially since your sister didn't warn me of your predilections.

When you wrong someone, you are supposed to make amends to the best of your ability. In this case, there is nothing you can do to make me whole. The only thing that you could do is give me the dignity of admitting what you did and apologizing. But I doubt that day will ever come.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:00 am

Dear You (yeah, you, up above!),

You are beautiful and wonderful and I want to give you a hug! *Hug*

Love,
Steph

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Thank you...*hug*

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:27 am

Dear You,

I'm rather disappointed in the decisions you've been making. It's unfair and unkind and you should know better, since you've done this before. Two years ago, actually, and 5 years ago and look how badly those turned out. Grow the f*** up already, okay?

Love,
Yourself

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Dear you,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can now personally attest to your incredible baking skills. I didn't expect a gift from you for making the Star Wars but your generosity was so sweet. The pandoro. Oh my, the pandoro. I just had a huge slice with some coffee and it is so addictive. I didn't think I would ever get to try it but you did it for me! Thank you so much. You are a rare and wonderful friend. I am thankful to have you in my life.

much love,
nom

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Dear you,

I'm so glad it came (a day early!) and I'm so glad you like it! I was concerned that, with it taking so long to get there, it would not be good anymore, but it doesn't sound like that was a problem. You deserve so much more than I could give you, so I hope that each slice brings a little of my love to you. Enjoy!

love,
Steph

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:28 am

Dear You,

I just want you to know that I think you're really awesome and inspiring. You've made so many sacrifices to support your kids and your husband, and it's hella tough. I hope I can someday be as good a parent as you guys, and since I'm likely to be an academic mommy, I think the comparison is apt. I don't know how you guys do it (or did it before) - grad school totally ovewhelms me all by itself. You ought to be proud of yourself.

Just wanted you to know.

Ali

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:48 am

Dear Spring Break,

PLEASE HURRY I'M SO TIRED.
-Kim

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:18 pm

dear you,

just because you're having a bad day does not mean you get to treat me like s***. i'm not a bad person and i don't do even half of the bad s*** you keep blaming me for doing. hell, most of the time you're the one doing the things you blame me for! i spend most of my time around here trying to do things that you'll appreciate, and the rest of my time doing everything else around here that just needs to be done because i'm the only one doing them. i don't care if you feel like s***, you don't need to make me feel like s*** too. it won't make you feel any better about yourself. and i'm sick of the idiotic threats and bullshit reasons for your ire. we both know that most of the things you're giving for reasons are completely resolved, and the rest are so inane that they aren't worth mentioning. but you seem to be searching for excuses for your unhappiness. and you never accept blame for your own faults. you make them mine. and you know what? they aren't. i love you, but you're beginning to make the hurt not worthwhile. why are you so childish? for the love of god, you're 30. grow up!

in short, f*** you.

p.s. do you ever feel bad for the bullshit you sling my way after you calm down? or do you truly believe it? because if you believe it.... then you're delusional and i'm worried about your fragile mental state.

i honestly can't tell.
Ubernaustrum

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:08 am

Dear you,

Thank you. I want to be all humble and say it's not that hard. But it is sometimes, so I appreciate the compliment. :)

JL
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:48 am

Dear You,

One of these days, I'll have an original thought or create a memory that doesn't scream "I saw something in a movie that I'm reminded of by this." Today is not that day.

When I got the package, I knew it had to be a book but even so, there was something magical about that book being in that bubble wrap just so; something in the way it felt in my hands, the way it felt to slip my finger underneath the tape, something in the way it sounded, the weight of it. And then, when I pulled the book out and searched for my note -you always send a note- I looked at the cover and I thought, "No one ever bought me a book without pictures before." Not true but the feeling behind the words was close enough.

She was speaking of Sartre's letters to De Beauvoir, which this was not but it had that same sort of grown up air to it that I'm not used to. For just that moment, I felt mature, smart, respected.

Anyhow, it's just a long-winded way of saying thank you, once again, for an unexpected but appreciated gift.

Once, you and I were close.

Yeah. Once.

Sincerely,
Alea

Dear You,

It was my mistake, stumbling into that hornet's nest called Google Drafts. I desperately miss the person I saved to those unsent messages.

You just break my heart and I have no one to blame but me.

Alea

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:19 am

Dear You,

Apparently your cinnamon-raisin bagels are bland, but I have to commend you on your sesame bagels. I really appreciate having seeds all over! Also, your peanut butter is... passable. I will not be returning to your regularly, and certainly not for a full shop, but there are things I will come to you to get. Congratulations.

-- Satisfied North American

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Dear You,

I have pictures for you.

Ali/EL

Return to “Milagre Town Square”