Ultimate IronMan?

From Alvin Maker to Wyrms
Seiryu
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Ultimate IronMan?

Postby Seiryu » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:25 am

Okay, so I've been getting into the Ultimate Marvel universe quite a bit (well...I'm just into Ultimate X-men and Ultimate Spider-man) and I noticed that OSC wrote Ultimate IronMan. I'm not much of an Ironman fan, so I have to ask: is it any good? Is it worth my time?
I don't believe in fairies!
(Dresden's battle cry going against fairies in book 4.)

Arlecchino
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Arlecchino » Wed May 16, 2007 1:37 pm

Ummm, depends on your kind of read. It totally discards anything that was Ironman and instead brings a new idea to who ironman is. I suggest picking it up cause there are only 6 (or 8... i can't remember exactly) at the moment and if you dont like it, you can stop before the new issues come out.

Scott
Launchie
Launchie

iron man

Postby Scott » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:46 am

I just bought the Ultimate Iron Man hardcover because it was 1/2 price and I enjoyed it greatly. I only bought it because OSC's name was attached to it, I rarely buy comics.

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:05 pm

I enjoyed it... I don't know much about Iron Man (other than the 2008 tentpole movie version) so I picked it up on a whim; since it has OSC's name attached to it.

Salaam

Epimetheus
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Epimetheus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:59 am

Ultimate Iron Man was a pretty good modern day sci-fi comic. Don't expect the depth of character and story you see in OCS's novels and don't pick up the other Ultimate books that have Iron Man in them with the impression you'll see the same character.

It's a dramatic departure from the Iron Man mold that's been presented by Marvel Comics since the sixties, but then that's kind of what the whole Ultimate line at Marvel was supposed to be about.

Don't approach it as an Iron Man story. Approach it as a short story by OCS in graphic form and you'll probably enjoy it.

I read lot's of comics and lots of books in lots of genres and I'm arrogant enough to think my opinion counts on the subject :twisted:

wesley
Launchie
Launchie

Postby wesley » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:27 pm

i almost bought the first trade the other day. i'm sure i'll eventually end up with it. i love ultimate spider-man.

Return to “Other Orson Scott Card Novels, Stories and Adaptations”