Open Casting Call

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Open Casting Call

Postby Cassandra » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 am

If only I were like 5 years younger...
http://www.endersansible.com/2012/01/enders-game-open-casting-call-filming.html

Edit: Will someone please post this on Hatrack?
Last edited by Cassandra on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call; Filming at NASA

Postby Taalcon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:37 am

It's already onthe main page.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call; Filming at NASA

Postby Cassandra » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 am

Taalcon wrote:It's already onthe main page.

haha alright then.
My work is done.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call; Filming at NASA

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:07 pm

SO FREAKING JEALOUS. I wish I was young enough, and that I could take this semester of school off in order to participate.
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

User avatar
steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 2451
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:36 pm
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000
Location: colorado, baby!
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call; Filming at NASA

Postby steph » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Tyler is only 6....otherwise, we'd be getting on a plane!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:43 pm
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: January 10th, 2005

Re: Open Casting Call; Filming at NASA

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:55 pm

I could pass for 17 easily. Can I go?

User avatar
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Posts: 7778
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:32 pm
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Re: Open Casting Call; Filming at NASA

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:34 pm

LilBee91 wrote:Can I go?


Can you? It is your duty!
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

User avatar
GS
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:55 am
Title: Ganon's Bane
First Joined: February 2nd, 1922

Re: Open Casting Call; Filming at NASA

Postby GS » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:01 pm

If only they made this film ten years ago... :grumble:
I don't want to do things. I want to not do things.

User avatar
Jinxletandcake
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Sammamish, Washington
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call; Filming at NASA

Postby Jinxletandcake » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

If only I didn't live on the opposite side of the country....

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:43 pm
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: January 10th, 2005

Re: Open Casting Call; Filming at NASA

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Gravity Defier wrote:
LilBee91 wrote:Can I go?


Can you? It is your duty!


If I want to bail on school, I suppose I could. Most likely, I'd get trumped by some adorable children and feel awful about myself.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:07 am

Hopefully they're looking for smart tough kids, not cute ones ;)
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

User avatar
Kill Devil Hill
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Kill Devil Hill » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Why can't this be in LA?
We can shed our skins and swim into the darkened void beyond
We will dance among the world that orbit stars that aren't our sun
All the oxygen that trapped us in a carbon spider's web
Solar winds are whispering, you may hear the sirens of the dead.

User avatar
Carly.
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Bloomington, iN

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Carly. » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Why do I not live in New Orleans!!!??

I'm 18, but I get mistaken for about 14 constantly, so they'd probably take me.

Darn...........

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Cassandra » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:35 pm

GOOD NEWS! There's another round of casting, now ages 12-21!
I. Can. Audition. :D
http://www.endersansible.com/2012/01/en ... -call.html
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Taalcon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm still nowhere near in the range ;)

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:27 pm

I could do it now, except for school =( If I hadn't taken a year off and/or double majored I could be done now and doing it! Damn. Oh well.
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

User avatar
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 4433
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:49 pm
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: July 1st, 2000
Location: Albany, NY

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Are you actually going, Cassandra? I don't know where you live but awesome if you are.

Sad that the best role I could fit is Theresa Wiggin. :shock:
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:43 pm
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: January 10th, 2005

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:10 pm

:grumble: School interferes way too much with all of the other awesome things I could be doing with my life. Why am I double majoring again?

On the other hand, I really have very little desire to go to Louisiana so...count my blessings?
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.



Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Taalcon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Luet wrote:Are you actually going, Cassandra? I don't know where you live but awesome if you are.

Sad that the best role I could fit is Theresa Wiggin. :shock:


I kind of hope for a series of Shadow-based movies, just so we can see the unbridled snarkiness of Theresa Wiggin in action.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Cassandra » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Luet wrote:Are you actually going, Cassandra? I don't know where you live but awesome if you are.

Sad that the best role I could fit is Theresa Wiggin. :shock:

I wish! I don't think I could drop out for a whole 2 quarters, and pay to live in Louisiana.
If it were in L.A. I would definitely consider going for the casting call.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 4433
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:49 pm
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: July 1st, 2000
Location: Albany, NY

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Taalcon wrote:
Luet wrote:Are you actually going, Cassandra? I don't know where you live but awesome if you are.

Sad that the best role I could fit is Theresa Wiggin. :shock:


I kind of hope for a series of Shadow-based movies, just so we can see the unbridled snarkiness of Theresa Wiggin in action.


Yeah, not sad because Theresa is a boring character but just that it's weird to realize that's how old I am. Especially since it was 20 years ago when I first read EG...wow.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Taalcon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 am

Callbacks are today (see this Tweet)
Image

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:43 pm
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: January 10th, 2005

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 am

Is anyone else having a hard time believing this is actually happening? My brain is still struggling.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.



Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:51 pm

LilBee91 wrote:Is anyone else having a hard time believing this is actually happening? My brain is still struggling.



I'm so stoked.
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Sac Town
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby EAGLE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:56 am

Stocked...hell YES!!

But once again it sucks that i didn't check up on here more often. I'm to old for both sets (ya i know im to late too :cry: ) but if they ever need the next age group around 26 the i'm in. Lol or if it was for a follow up movie (one can hope for a trilogy)
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

Taft
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Taft » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:44 pm

*sighs*
Well, I'd have been in the right age bracket when I first joined here (like...eight years ago, when I was 17). And had I been the right age and seen this at the right time, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd have grabbed a ticket on the Crescent as soon as I'd heard of this.

Ah, well...it's good to know that all of the daydreaming back in high school wouldn't have been in vain had they done the movie then.

User avatar
Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:59 am
Location: Starship Herodotus

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Tiny genius » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 am

What are you all complaining about living in the wrong part of the country? I'd happily jump on a plane from here in Australia just to be an extra at Tactical School.

I'm 15 and look 13ish so it would be about right, too.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

User avatar
HectorVictorious
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: california

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby HectorVictorious » Thu May 10, 2012 9:21 pm

I haven't been keeping up- what's this about an open casting call?

User avatar
Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:59 am
Location: Starship Herodotus

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Tiny genius » Thu May 17, 2012 1:10 am

Doesn't matter now Hector (or HV), filming's begun and casting's done.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

User avatar
HectorVictorious
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: california

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby HectorVictorious » Thu May 17, 2012 6:03 pm

I saw on EA, thanks though. Wish I'd know about it. Where was it anyway?

Taft
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Casting Call

Postby Taft » Fri May 25, 2012 2:33 pm

New Orleans (hence my Crescent comment...that's the train from New York to New Orleans).

It's just sad...had the movie happened the last time the rumors started swirling (around Wolfgang Petersen being attached), I'd have still been young enough. I won't lie...on a certain level, it does sting a bit.


Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests