Bean

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Bean

Postby Taalcon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Last edited by Taalcon on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:27 pm

That picture didn't give me Bean vibes at all. Has anyone seen any of him looking smarter and less cool?
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

User avatar
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 4440
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:49 pm
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: July 1st, 2000
Location: Albany, NY

Re: Bean

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:34 pm

I actually think he looks great for Bean in this picture (other than his ethnicity). I just hope he stays smallish because right now I think he is about 12. He kind of has a Owen Meany look to him.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:46 pm
Title: Really Alai
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Craig » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 am

It's a red carpet picture. Buzz cut the hair, make him look a little more ragged and you've got a PERFECT Bean.

Salaam

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Cassandra » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:49 am

Holy Moly...
I sent a friend request to all of the cast's page book and all or most of them accepted.
This Bean actor just commented on my (personal) facebook page! :O
Gonna put it up right now. This is going to be a fun production!
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:14 pm

After seeing some more of him, I retract my initial comment. I just sent him a friend request on facebook as well, I'll be excited to see if he accepts.
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I just got a personal message back from him wishing me merry christmas, informing me that he has read the books, and, I think in response to my saying that Bean is one of my favorite characters and that I've been waiting for this movie for almost half my life, saying he hopes he makes me proud.

:stamp:
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Cassandra » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:57 pm

elfprince13 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I just got a personal message back from him wishing me merry christmas, informing me that he has read the books, and, I think in response to my saying that Bean is one of my favorite characters and that I've been waiting for this movie for almost half my life, saying he hopes he makes me proud.

:stamp:


He said something similar to me, but didn't mention that he had read the books! YAY!
Can you quote this for me so I can put this on my site? (:
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:46 pm
Title: Really Alai
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Craig » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:09 pm

That's so awesome! I wonder if Gavin Hood is forcing these kids to read the books as a way of preparing them for their roles. They aren't filming for about two months... I also hope they're getting a lot of rehearsal time! Either way, I'm really excited about the way this project is shaping up.

Salaam

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:56 pm

_Cassandra wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I just got a personal message back from him wishing me merry christmas, informing me that he has read the books, and, I think in response to my saying that Bean is one of my favorite characters and that I've been waiting for this movie for almost half my life, saying he hopes he makes me proud.

:stamp:


He said something similar to me, but didn't mention that he had read the books! YAY!
Can you quote this for me so I can put this on my site? (:


Given that he's posting these on a semi-private medium like a personal Facebook rather than via Twitter, or on an "official fan page" it may be better manners to source it less directly? Something like "fan attempts at contacting the actors have revealed that at least some of them are big fans of the books and that they will be trying their best to do well by the source material"?
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Cassandra » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:54 am

I'll just update his profile with on my cast information page that he has read the books. I'm not going to quote or cite it at all, it's not like I think he'll contest it anyway...
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:00 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Bean

Postby spanish_rockette » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:19 pm

I found this video of him on youtube. After watching it, I think that's he's suitable for the role...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca62s_GaMrw
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Taalcon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:23 pm

That's worth embedding for others to see. I'm going to place this in the OP. Thanks!

IamBean
In_the_film
In_the_film
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Bean

Postby IamBean » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:27 am

Thank you for the nice posts. I am very excited to be part of Ender's Game. I'm counting down the days until training/rehersal/filming starts!! Thanks again!!!!!! Aramis :)

User avatar
Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:20 pm
First Joined: 0- 8-2000
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Bean

Postby Petra » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:31 am

IamBean wrote:Thank you for the nice posts. I am very excited to be part of Ender's Game. I'm counting down the days until training/rehersal/filming starts!! Thanks again!!!!!! Aramis :)


That one's authentic, folks, considering I just got a Facebook message from him about 10 minutes ago saying that he would "check out The Ender's Game forum."

:thumbs:
"I seem to remember that when I was younger, overly sugared brats were sent down into the basement to fend for themselves, like Lord of the Flies."

TechChris
Techie
Techie
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Bean

Postby TechChris » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Petra wrote:That one's authentic, folks, considering I just got a Facebook message from him about 10 minutes ago saying that he would "check out The Ender's Game forum."

He could just be a very timely troll.

User avatar
Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:20 pm
First Joined: 0- 8-2000
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Bean

Postby Petra » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Haha, no, because the I got a follow-up message telling me he had registered that name.

Though I would like to meet a troll who had THAT kind of mad skillz.
"I seem to remember that when I was younger, overly sugared brats were sent down into the basement to fend for themselves, like Lord of the Flies."

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 2046
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:43 pm
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: January 10th, 2005

Re: Bean

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:39 pm

IamBean wrote:Thank you for the nice posts. I am very excited to be part of Ender's Game. I'm counting down the days until training/rehersal/filming starts!! Thanks again!!!!!! Aramis :)


Welcome to Pweb! Look around and make yourself at home. I can't wait to see you in the movie!

Someone should be around soon to offer you a limeaide.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

User avatar
mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:22 pm
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby mr_thebrain » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:11 pm

ok, that's just awesome! welcome to the site!
Ubernaustrum

User avatar
thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:00 pm
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: March 13th, 2003
Location: Portland OR
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:15 pm

LilBee91 wrote:
IamBean wrote:Thank you for the nice posts. I am very excited to be part of Ender's Game. I'm counting down the days until training/rehersal/filming starts!! Thanks again!!!!!! Aramis :)


Welcome to Pweb! Look around and make yourself at home. I can't wait to see you in the movie!

Someone should be around soon to offer you a limeaide.


Oh thats me!
Welcome Aramis, have a nice glass of limeaide courtesy of the CA (our usual gift to the new kids) :limeaid:
We are all excited about the movie and can't wait for it.

User avatar
Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:44 pm
Title: Battle School Engineer
Location: MD
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Boothby » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Aramis,

Welcome to PWeb!
:stamp:
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby elfprince13 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:44 pm

IamBean wrote:Thank you for the nice posts. I am very excited to be part of Ender's Game. I'm counting down the days until training/rehersal/filming starts!! Thanks again!!!!!! Aramis :)


Welcome to PWeb! One of the friendliest communities on the web =) I appreciated your Christmas wishes on Facebook!
:limeaid:
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Taalcon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Aramis is bidding farewell to his friends on Facebook and Twitter as he heads off to New Orleans tomorrow to begin 5 months of work on EG. Good luck, Aramis!

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Just wished him luck via Facebook.
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Taalcon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Image

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Cassandra » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:40 am

He posted a pretty cool casting party picture!
http://www.endersansible.com/2012/02/en ... ether.html

All with short military hair cuts!
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 pm

The link seems to be broken =(
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:46 pm
Title: Really Alai
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Craig » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:35 pm

The link is broken because the site is down for maintenance. Just go to http://www.endersansible.com and it's the main story.

Salaam

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Sac Town
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby EAGLE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:43 am

Man you go off and get a life outside the EG universe and you miss a few things...like all the hype and love about the movie i cant wait for, or my best wishes to all the actors/ actresses, and a welcome to PWEB!!

I'm lookin on facebook now for whoever will friend me.

again good luck to all the actors/ actresses in the filming!! I cant wait to see your great roles!
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Cassandra » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm sitting at home, working on my lab report and half watching TV and I look up and Aramis is on my TV haha I'm like wait is that...? I watched til the end and I was like yea that's definitely him:

"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 4440
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:49 pm
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: July 1st, 2000
Location: Albany, NY

Re: Bean

Postby Luet » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:02 pm

I had seen that commercial before but ever since you posted it, the "peanut butter jelly time" song has been stuck in my head. It's driving me (and my husband) nuts!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:46 pm
Title: Really Alai
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Craig » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Did anyone see the formic picture Aramis tweeted? It has since been taken down, but it looks like they have formic models. It looked a lot like the comic book interpretation.

Salaam

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Cassandra » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Luet wrote:I had seen that commercial before but ever since you posted it, the "peanut butter jelly time" song has been stuck in my head. It's driving me (and my husband) nuts!


hahaha, sorry!

Craig wrote:Did anyone see the formic picture Aramis tweeted? It has since been taken down, but it looks like they have formic models. It looked a lot like the comic book interpretation.

Salaam


Yes, I saw it and retweeted it so you can still see it from my twitter page. If it get's taken down from the twitpic I have a copy saved on my hard drive. I saw it, but I don't think it's from the set. They have special bugger designers on the team so I'd think they'd make the buggers look a little more detailed.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:46 pm
Title: Really Alai
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Craig » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 pm

I don't think it was from set either, but I think it's a working model -- something the CGI people will use to build it digitally. Aramis' tweet said something like "Asa shooting a formic".

Salaam

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Bean

Postby Taalcon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:50 pm

I assumed that was just a random Ant model, as a joke, and not anything from the movie...


Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest