Bean

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Bean

Postby Taalcon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Last edited by Taalcon on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Re: Bean

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:27 pm

That picture didn't give me Bean vibes at all. Has anyone seen any of him looking smarter and less cool?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:34 pm

I actually think he looks great for Bean in this picture (other than his ethnicity). I just hope he stays smallish because right now I think he is about 12. He kind of has a Owen Meany look to him.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 am

It's a red carpet picture. Buzz cut the hair, make him look a little more ragged and you've got a PERFECT Bean.

Salaam

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:49 am

Holy Moly...
I sent a friend request to all of the cast's page book and all or most of them accepted.
This Bean actor just commented on my (personal) facebook page! :O
Gonna put it up right now. This is going to be a fun production!
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:14 pm

After seeing some more of him, I retract my initial comment. I just sent him a friend request on facebook as well, I'll be excited to see if he accepts.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I just got a personal message back from him wishing me merry christmas, informing me that he has read the books, and, I think in response to my saying that Bean is one of my favorite characters and that I've been waiting for this movie for almost half my life, saying he hopes he makes me proud.

:stamp:

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I just got a personal message back from him wishing me merry christmas, informing me that he has read the books, and, I think in response to my saying that Bean is one of my favorite characters and that I've been waiting for this movie for almost half my life, saying he hopes he makes me proud.

He said something similar to me, but didn't mention that he had read the books! YAY!
Can you quote this for me so I can put this on my site? (:
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council

Craig
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Craig » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:09 pm

That's so awesome! I wonder if Gavin Hood is forcing these kids to read the books as a way of preparing them for their roles. They aren't filming for about two months... I also hope they're getting a lot of rehearsal time! Either way, I'm really excited about the way this project is shaping up.

Salaam

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:56 pm

He said something similar to me, but didn't mention that he had read the books! YAY!
Can you quote this for me so I can put this on my site? (:
Given that he's posting these on a semi-private medium like a personal Facebook rather than via Twitter, or on an "official fan page" it may be better manners to source it less directly? Something like "fan attempts at contacting the actors have revealed that at least some of them are big fans of the books and that they will be trying their best to do well by the source material"?

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:54 am

I'll just update his profile with on my cast information page that he has read the books. I'm not going to quote or cite it at all, it's not like I think he'll contest it anyway...

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:19 pm

I found this video of him on youtube. After watching it, I think that's he's suitable for the role...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca62s_GaMrw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:23 pm

That's worth embedding for others to see. I'm going to place this in the OP. Thanks!

IamBean
In_the_film
In_the_film

Postby IamBean » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:27 am

Thank you for the nice posts. I am very excited to be part of Ender's Game. I'm counting down the days until training/rehersal/filming starts!! Thanks again!!!!!! Aramis :)

Petra
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby Petra » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:31 am

Thank you for the nice posts. I am very excited to be part of Ender's Game. I'm counting down the days until training/rehersal/filming starts!! Thanks again!!!!!! Aramis :)
That one's authentic, folks, considering I just got a Facebook message from him about 10 minutes ago saying that he would "check out The Ender's Game forum."

:thumbs:
"I seem to remember that when I was younger, overly sugared brats were sent down into the basement to fend for themselves, like Lord of the Flies."

TechChris
Techie
Techie

Postby TechChris » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 pm

That one's authentic, folks, considering I just got a Facebook message from him about 10 minutes ago saying that he would "check out The Ender's Game forum."
He could just be a very timely troll.

Petra
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby Petra » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Haha, no, because the I got a follow-up message telling me he had registered that name.

Though I would like to meet a troll who had THAT kind of mad skillz.
"I seem to remember that when I was younger, overly sugared brats were sent down into the basement to fend for themselves, like Lord of the Flies."

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Welcome to Pweb! Look around and make yourself at home. I can't wait to see you in the movie!

Someone should be around soon to offer you a limeaide.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:11 pm

ok, that's just awesome! welcome to the site!
Ubernaustrum

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Welcome to Pweb! Look around and make yourself at home. I can't wait to see you in the movie!

Someone should be around soon to offer you a limeaide.
Oh thats me!
Welcome Aramis, have a nice glass of limeaide courtesy of the CA (our usual gift to the new kids) :limeaid:
We are all excited about the movie and can't wait for it.

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Aramis,

Welcome to PWeb!
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Welcome to PWeb! One of the friendliest communities on the web =) I appreciated your Christmas wishes on Facebook!
:limeaid:

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Aramis is bidding farewell to his friends on Facebook and Twitter as he heads off to New Orleans tomorrow to begin 5 months of work on EG. Good luck, Aramis!

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Just wished him luck via Facebook.

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:40 am

He posted a pretty cool casting party picture!
http://www.endersansible.com/2012/02/en ... ether.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All with short military hair cuts!

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 pm

The link seems to be broken =(

Craig
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Craig » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:35 pm

The link is broken because the site is down for maintenance. Just go to http://www.endersansible.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it's the main story.

Salaam

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:43 am

Man you go off and get a life outside the EG universe and you miss a few things...like all the hype and love about the movie i cant wait for, or my best wishes to all the actors/ actresses, and a welcome to PWEB!!

I'm lookin on facebook now for whoever will friend me.

again good luck to all the actors/ actresses in the filming!! I cant wait to see your great roles!
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm sitting at home, working on my lab report and half watching TV and I look up and Aramis is on my TV haha I'm like wait is that...? I watched til the end and I was like yea that's definitely him:

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:02 pm

I had seen that commercial before but ever since you posted it, the "peanut butter jelly time" song has been stuck in my head. It's driving me (and my husband) nuts!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Craig
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Craig » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Did anyone see the formic picture Aramis tweeted? It has since been taken down, but it looks like they have formic models. It looked a lot like the comic book interpretation.

Salaam

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 pm

I had seen that commercial before but ever since you posted it, the "peanut butter jelly time" song has been stuck in my head. It's driving me (and my husband) nuts!
hahaha, sorry!
Did anyone see the formic picture Aramis tweeted? It has since been taken down, but it looks like they have formic models. It looked a lot like the comic book interpretation.

Salaam
Yes, I saw it and retweeted it so you can still see it from my twitter page. If it get's taken down from the twitpic I have a copy saved on my hard drive. I saw it, but I don't think it's from the set. They have special bugger designers on the team so I'd think they'd make the buggers look a little more detailed.

Craig
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Craig » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 pm

I don't think it was from set either, but I think it's a working model -- something the CGI people will use to build it digitally. Aramis' tweet said something like "Asa shooting a formic".

Salaam

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:50 pm

I assumed that was just a random Ant model, as a joke, and not anything from the movie...

Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”