Stilson

A place to discuss official news from the production of the Ender's Game film, due in theaters November 2013
Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Stilson

Postby Cassandra » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:58 pm

Stilson has been cast! He looks... scary in a good way I think

http://www.endersansible.com/2011/12/st ... movie.html
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:43 pm
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: January 10th, 2005

Re: Stilson

Postby LilBee91 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:04 pm

It always amazes me how old the actors for young kids always are. He looks good for the part, though.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Cassandra » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:31 pm

The kid just tweeted how excited he is, so cute
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
Mich
Commander
Commander
Posts: 2937
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:58 am
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: April 2nd, 2002
Location: Land o' Ports
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Mich » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Haha! That's pretty funny. But man, now we're on somewhat-bit parts. I'm excited for news of Peter and Valentine, personally. But Stilson. Man. Stop making this so real.

(I know, I say that in pretty much every cast thread, but come on)
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

User avatar
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Posts: 7821
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:32 pm
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Re: Stilson

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Mich wrote:I'm excited for news of Peter


Yes! Though, to be honest, as long as he's not blond and can act, I'll probably be mostly happy.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:00 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Stilson

Postby spanish_rockette » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Exactly how I pictured Stilson, but a little smaller would be nice(:
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:59 am

They better be finishing casting pretty quickly on ALL the parts. Isn't filming/actual production due to start in January, or am I just making that up?

Way cool.
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Cassandra » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:43 am

elfprince13 wrote:They better be finishing casting pretty quickly on ALL the parts. Isn't filming/actual production due to start in January, or am I just making that up?

Way cool.


There's still time. Filming begins February 24th
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 3040
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby locke » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Holy s***, Stilson is in this script? Amazing, wonderful news that bodes well for the film, imo. :)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

User avatar
Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 5185
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:30 pm
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: February 4th, 2002
Location: ^ Geez, read the sign.
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:46 pm

locke wrote:Holy s***, Stilson is in this script? Amazing, wonderful news that bodes well for the film, imo. :)


Totally agree!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Cassandra » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:03 pm

I don't know why I feel like I have to post this as a spoiler, but:
Did anyone notice there's a new member named Brendan? With all this kid's been tweeting about Ender's Game it wouldn't surprise me if it was really him. :D
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:20 pm
First Joined: 0- 8-2000
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Stilson

Postby Petra » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Now THAT would be fun.
"I seem to remember that when I was younger, overly sugared brats were sent down into the basement to fend for themselves, like Lord of the Flies."

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Taalcon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Whether or not, you can LIKE his page at Facebook here.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Cassandra » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 am

Taalcon wrote:Whether or not, you can LIKE his page at Facebook here.


Turn's out my guess was wrong. Still, judging from his facebook page he's very interactive with his fans, which is good- I'll expect tweets/facebook posts from the movie set!
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
Kill Devil Hill
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby Kill Devil Hill » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:00 pm

I tweeted him and started following him. SO CUTE. He tweeted me back saying he was extremely pumped for this. He seems to sincerely be excited.
We can shed our skins and swim into the darkened void beyond
We will dance among the world that orbit stars that aren't our sun
All the oxygen that trapped us in a carbon spider's web
Solar winds are whispering, you may hear the sirens of the dead.

drobbins
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby drobbins » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:59 am

Stilson scenes must have been shot....Check the twitter feed on Ender's Ansible.


-D

Yoda
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 pm

NOt sure what tweets you seeing that suggest they filming his scenes.

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Taalcon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:04 pm

The ones where everyone was wishing him well, and he appeared to be heading out.

BrendanKJMeyer @Khy_Rhambo @yoabbaabba @aramisknight88 @imnotmoises @jimmyjaxpinchak @bsoohoo @surajpartha and right back to you all!
7 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Khy_Rhambo @BrendanKJMeyer @yoabbaabba @aramisknight88 @imnotmoises @jimmyjaxpinchak @bsoohoo @surajpartha we all love you bro !!!!!!!
7 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

AramisKnight88 @BrendanKJMeyer gonna miss you man.
7 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Yoda
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Hmm, Wierd, I thought filming actuallystarted today.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Cassandra » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 am

When I saw all those tweets I thought the same thing
...and I also thought filming started on the 27th.

So yes people, this is really really happening :)
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Taalcon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:46 am

Well, Asa just tweeted, "First day of filming today! So excited ;) " so, who knows what's going on ;)

Lord Roem
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby Lord Roem » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:45 pm

It is possible they will be coming back later in the filming and are just leaving since they're not needed for the beginning days. I saw an extra's twitter who said she was in the filming this week, but another who identified her role as a "commander", who was filming later in the month of March and April. I think filming really did begin today. :)

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Lord Roem wrote:but another who identified her role as a "commander"

Virlomi? We know they opened up the age range a little on the extras...
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

Lord Roem
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby Lord Roem » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm

elfprince13 wrote:
Lord Roem wrote:but another who identified her role as a "commander"

Virlomi? We know they opened up the age range a little on the extras...


Don't know.

I found that person's twitter through a EnderSpeaker handle retweet, which seems to be finding anything said about EG on twitter. lol

Remember, Ender's Ansible posted a picture of the extras casting, and it had a LOT of girls.

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Lord Roem wrote:Remember, Ender's Ansible posted a picture of the extras casting, and it had a LOT of girls.

I vaguely remember that picture, but I didn't look to closely. Weird about the girls.
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Taalcon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:58 am

Was Brendan Meyer replaced?
http://mobile.nola.com/advnola/db_/cont ... ue#display
Check out this press release:

Excerpt:
Other roles, as outlined in the press release, have been filled by Aramis Knight as "Bean," Moises Arias as "Bonzo," Suraj Parthasarathy as "Alai," Conor Carroll as "Bernard," Khylin Rhambo as "Dink," Brendan Soo Hoo as "Fly Molo," and Caleb J. Thaggard as "Stilson."


Check out Caleb J. Thaggard at imdb.com - his representation is based out of New Orleans...

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 am

Well that's funky news. I wonder if they've given Brendan a new role, or if he's out of the movie.
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

Lord Roem
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby Lord Roem » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:21 am

elfprince13 wrote:Well that's funky news. I wonder if they've given Brendan a new role, or if he's out of the movie.


For such a (comparatively) unimportant role, maybe they found they had to use an alternate. Brendan has a lot of other shows he does, maybe there was too much of a conflict ???? But yeah, strange news.

Yoda
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 pm

I know the kid has other jobs, But Stilson is basically only in 2 scenes in the book.

1. With Ender at school in class when ender returns from having the device pullled from neck

2. When he actully fights Ender and dies.



To me, these are 2 easy scenes to get done, but seems there are some changes being done. I assume Stilson wont be killed for some reason.
Brendan schedule maybe just wouldnt work with what Hood needed. It still seems odd to me because its only 2 scenes. who know...

Anyone know anything about this new kid?

Yoda

Lord Roem
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby Lord Roem » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 am

Yoda wrote:I know the kid has other jobs, But Stilson is basically only in 2 scenes in the book.

1. With Ender at school in class when ender returns from having the device pullled from neck

2. When he actully fights Ender and dies.



To me, these are 2 easy scenes to get done, but seems there are some changes being done. I assume Stilson wont be killed for some reason.
Brendan schedule maybe just wouldnt work with what Hood needed. It still seems odd to me because its only 2 scenes. who know...

Anyone know anything about this new kid?

Yoda


As I said on the other thread, an assistant tweeted "Fighting boys!!! #EnderGaming" -- I don't know whether this is some reference to something not really related to the movie, or a direct reference to the scene they were filming today.

They probably will keep in the Stilson scene - all the drafts in the past have included it, just with varying ways to tell it without making Ender seem so terrible. The only question is ''how'' they choose to show it.

User avatar
Nutmeg
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Stilson

Postby Nutmeg » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:51 pm

The new Stilson looks very much like Peter... wonder if it was intentional :-?

User avatar
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Posts: 7821
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:32 pm
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Re: Stilson

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Nutmeg wrote:The new Stilson looks very much like Peter...


I was thinking the same thing, though I didn't think to question whether it was intentional or now. Very interesting to ponder.

Also, hi and welcome to Pweb! :)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Taalcon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Interview with Brendan Meyer for the Stilson role, from an interview before shooting began. A good detailed explanation of Stilson's role.

http://www.lateenfestival.com/magazine/ ... eyer4.html

User avatar
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm
Title: Prodigal Son
Location: Cumming, GA
Contact:

Re: Stilson

Postby Taalcon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:42 pm

It's official - Stilson has been changed.

From Brendan Meyer’s Facebook page:

“Hey guys. Unfortunately, I had to leave the cast of Ender's Game due to a last minute scheduling conflict. Although I'm disappointed, I wish the cast and crew all the best with this awesome movie. I'll be announcing my new & exciting projects in the next couple of days, so keep an eye out. Thanks for your support!”

This would jive with the report of Caleb J. Thaggard playing the role of Stilson as was reported earlier.

Image


Return to “Ender's Game Movie News and Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest