In their heads...

What do you think is happening with film production? How do you think things will look? What are options for sequels? Show us your own Movie Posters and Trailers here!
peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

In their heads...

Postby peterlocke123 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:37 pm

How would the director show what the characters, mainly Ender and Bean, are thinking to themselves? I really dont want a voice over part. Any other ideas?

Andorbal
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Andorbal » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:21 am

Good question... I'm thinking that for relatively basic thoughts, you can just show them through facial expressions, actions, etc. But when a character starts thinking about more complex or abstract things... Well, I don't know!

Andorbal.

irnstad
Launchie
Launchie

Postby irnstad » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:29 am

maybe the script will allow them to have different dialogue where they say what they are thinking to some extent, but that will really take away from some of the depth of the book.
The David method of eliminating guilt is simple. All of your problems are caused by invisible people named Juan and Cindy. All you have to do is find them and kill them.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:20 pm

I could see Bean and Ender confiding in eachother, and it being shown like that.
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:27 pm

i imagine that much of the thought stuff will be show in expressions and actions and dialogue. anything that doesn't fit will be left out. just like every other movie out there.
Ubernaustrum

luminousnerd
Soldier
Soldier

Postby luminousnerd » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:59 pm

I can't remember, but doesn't Ender write letters to Val even though he knows she won't get them? What if he was writing a letter and voiced it over?
Knowledge is bliss. Ignorance just doesn't know what bliss means.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:48 pm

Now I must sing...

Zo-ombie, Zo-ombie, Zo-ombie-ie-ie!
Yay, I'm a llama again!

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:19 am

I can't remember, but doesn't Ender write letters to Val even though he knows she won't get them? What if he was writing a letter and voiced it over?
Nobody talked about home, not among the soldiers; there had been no life before Battle School. Nobody got letters, and nobody wrote any. Everybody pretended that they didn't care.
It would seem unlikely (Val, on the other hand, sent plenty of letters which never got through, until that special one). And of course, since it's not explicitly in the book, there's no way they would ever do it in the movie. :stoned:
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

luminousnerd
Soldier
Soldier

Postby luminousnerd » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:41 am

Couldn't tell if there was sarcasm there, but OSC said there will be a few surprises even for his most avid readers.

Too late for me to look up the quote. *yawn*
Knowledge is bliss. Ignorance just doesn't know what bliss means.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:06 pm

Couldn't tell if there was sarcasm there, but OSC said there will be a few surprises even for his most avid readers.

Too late for me to look up the quote. *yawn*
Sorry, I thought the smilie would help you out. There are almost certainly going to be many glaring differences between the movie and book. You can almost hear the outrage and shock from devoted fans already...
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Return to “Ender's Game Movie Rumors, Speculation and Fan Art”